Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Davies 23:42 - Dec 6 with 14907 viewsjackrmee

Being reported in many places that he’s a big favourite for the job.
I can’t understand why, if he turned it down whilst out of work, would he now take it when he has a very good job, and the Swans job must be less attractive now, as we are sh!t.

Doesn’t make any sense to me.
I would love him at the club.
By far my number 1 choice. Potter second.
But if he comes now, it’s surely for extra bread, right? What other reason could there be?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 19:45 - Dec 16 with 2150 viewsmajorraglan

Chris Davies on 19:17 - Dec 16 by onehunglow

If he comes,his job is to save us from a damaging relegation.
Then ,we rebuild
Then ,we can smile again

I think he’d be foolish to come to Swansea as things currently stand unless he has assurances that there’s going to be significant resources to strengthen the squad in January. The alternative could be he is given a free hand over the next 6 months to work things out and told whatever happens happens and he’s given funds for a major rebuild whichever Division the club is in.

If I were Davies, I’d defo speak to Cooper and Martin, sit tight and see what the lay of the land is in the Summer.
Chris Davies on 19:52 - Dec 16 with 2105 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 19:45 - Dec 16 by majorraglan

I think he’d be foolish to come to Swansea as things currently stand unless he has assurances that there’s going to be significant resources to strengthen the squad in January. The alternative could be he is given a free hand over the next 6 months to work things out and told whatever happens happens and he’s given funds for a major rebuild whichever Division the club is in.

If I were Davies, I’d defo speak to Cooper and Martin, sit tight and see what the lay of the land is in the Summer.

I think we would have to stick with him, right or wrong and that worries me .
I would have gone for an old sweat just to keep us up and do the basics right .
Then,at end of summer ,reboot.
We have to stay up ,surely .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chris Davies on 22:08 - Dec 16 with 1937 viewsmajorraglan

Chris Davies on 19:52 - Dec 16 by onehunglow

I think we would have to stick with him, right or wrong and that worries me .
I would have gone for an old sweat just to keep us up and do the basics right .
Then,at end of summer ,reboot.
We have to stay up ,surely .

Unless there’s an outstanding candidate I’d go down the same route, dig in then regroup in the summer. Look around for a manager who has an ethos, a style of play which will utilise and make the most of the resources at their disposal.

I remember reading an article years ago about clubs changing managers and going for new bosses who had different approaches, styles, beliefs etc who then instigated numerous changes to the playing squad, the amount of cash wasted on changes which didn’t work out was unreal, and all to often the new managers were unsuccessful as they didn’t have the right players in place and were caught between the new style dnd the old style.
Chris Davies on 22:15 - Dec 16 with 1913 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Chris Davies on 22:33 - Dec 16 with 1844 viewsBillyChong

Chris Davies on 22:15 - Dec 16 by theloneranger

Not a surprise. Coleman playing ball with Levy was never going to work. That was if Davies wanted to leave a decent looking project to join a currently very ropey set up.
Chris Davies on 09:44 - Dec 17 with 1652 viewscontroversial_jack

Chris Davies on 22:33 - Dec 16 by BillyChong

Not a surprise. Coleman playing ball with Levy was never going to work. That was if Davies wanted to leave a decent looking project to join a currently very ropey set up.

Apparently, he held talks, but decided he wouldn't have had enough control of the team
Chris Davies on 13:00 - Dec 17 with 1566 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 09:44 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

Apparently, he held talks, but decided he wouldn't have had enough control of the team

And the compo plus salary and two assistants he wanted would have cost far more than the club want to spend.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 1538 viewsbuilthjack

Chris Davies on 13:00 - Dec 17 by KeithHaynes

And the compo plus salary and two assistants he wanted would have cost far more than the club want to spend.

You don't get much for tuppence these days

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Davies on 13:33 - Dec 17 with 1515 viewscontroversial_jack

Chris Davies on 13:00 - Dec 17 by KeithHaynes

All parties would have known this in advance of the talks yesterday though, so I don't think it's that
Chris Davies on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 1310 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 13:33 - Dec 17 by controversial_jack

All parties would have known this in advance of the talks yesterday though, so I don't think it's that

Trust me. There were no talks either.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 11:19 - Dec 18 with 1265 viewsRichardO

Chris Davies on 18:14 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

So either a manager is in place who has agreed this or we are dictating to a future manager what staff he can have. I really hope it is the former or this will not end well.

Wouldn't anybody coming in want someone they know and happy to work with as their no.2 so surely no guarantees can be given in all sincerity. As things get drag out further the better chance Sheenan has to try things that he thinks will work, he has put Key in a position that many fans have suggested and our shape and threat down the right looked a lot better while also negating the wing threat on Saturday that has plagued us all season.
Stick or twist?
Chris Davies on 12:29 - Dec 18 with 1153 viewsunion_jack

I can’t be bothered to start a new thread and raise expectations but there’s reports in WoL that the club have tentatively sounded out Luke Williams of Notts County.

Simple question, why would he?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 12:30 - Dec 18 with 1148 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 12:29 - Dec 18 by union_jack

I can’t be bothered to start a new thread and raise expectations but there’s reports in WoL that the club have tentatively sounded out Luke Williams of Notts County.

Tentatively?
I’d believe that
Sums them up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chris Davies on 14:23 - Dec 18 with 1051 viewsThurrockJack92

Would be stunned if it happened tbh, why would anyone with any quality come to us when we seemingly have Jason Levien pulling the plug on agreed deals.
Chris Davies on 14:32 - Dec 18 with 1024 viewsunion_jack

Chris Davies on 14:23 - Dec 18 by ThurrockJack92

Would be stunned if it happened tbh, why would anyone with any quality come to us when we seemingly have Jason Levien pulling the plug on agreed deals.

My thoughts precisely.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 14:58 - Dec 18 with 983 viewsFireboy2

He does not give a flying f@#£ about the fans, if we continue to put up with them the more they will take the p!ss out of us.
Chris Davies on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 863 viewsWhiterockin

Are the personal reasons still relevant, it's been less than two years.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-luke-williams-leaves-swansea-cit
Chris Davies on 17:12 - Dec 18 with 791 viewspencoedjack

Lets be honest there is a (strong) possibility we could be playing Notts County next season, if we were both in the same division I know who Id rather be managing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024