Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Davies 23:42 - Dec 6 with 14909 viewsjackrmee

Being reported in many places that he’s a big favourite for the job.
I can’t understand why, if he turned it down whilst out of work, would he now take it when he has a very good job, and the Swans job must be less attractive now, as we are sh!t.

Doesn’t make any sense to me.
I would love him at the club.
By far my number 1 choice. Potter second.
But if he comes now, it’s surely for extra bread, right? What other reason could there be?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 16:05 - Dec 11 with 2992 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Davies on 15:49 - Dec 11 by jackrmee

All starting to sound very positive to me.
I was so gutted when we missed out on him first time round.
This would be by far and away the biggest news and signing of the season.
Please don’t kill my hopes again, Lord 🙏🙏🙏

Looks to me that he is interested and Spurs are accepting he may well go. IMO it will come down to the package, guarantees and how ambitious we are and does our ambition match his.
Chris Davies on 11:57 - Dec 12 with 2504 viewssw02sea

What could possibly go wrong?
Have the Americans ever let us down before ???
Chris Davies on 12:20 - Dec 12 with 2464 viewsQJumpingJack

Chris Davies on 11:57 - Dec 12 by sw02sea

What could possibly go wrong?
Have the Americans ever let us down before ???

We have 7 games in the next 32 days. We need Chris or the new manager in asap as every game is crucial.

Now if I was Levy I would drag this out......... Lets hope Andy and Ken are on the front foot if they are indeed negotiating for Davies.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 14:16]
Chris Davies on 13:43 - Dec 12 with 2346 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 12:20 - Dec 12 by QJumpingJack

We have 7 games in the next 32 days. We need Chris or the new manager in asap as every game is crucial.

Now if I was Levy I would drag this out......... Lets hope Andy and Ken are on the front foot if they are indeed negotiating for Davies.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 14:16]

Levy is cunning and clever
Not sure what describes our owner/s

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chris Davies on 13:50 - Dec 12 with 2352 viewsjack247

Chris Davies on 13:43 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

If this was a player I’d agree.

In my opinion it will just come down to whether Davies wants to be number one and whether he feels we’re the right club at the right time.

They won’t want to be seen as a club that denies progression.
Chris Davies on 13:54 - Dec 12 with 2334 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 13:50 - Dec 12 by jack247

If this was a player I’d agree.

In my opinion it will just come down to whether Davies wants to be number one and whether he feels we’re the right club at the right time.

They won’t want to be seen as a club that denies progression.

I hope it comes off anyway
I think

Chris Davies on 14:01 - Dec 12 with 2338 viewsjack247

Chris Davies on 13:54 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

I hope it comes off anyway
I think

Always a gamble.

He seems to tick the boxes, we’re either getting someone like this, someone who’s already a number one lower down the food chain, or an out of work, established manager (which we’ve always avoided).

The only real red flag for me is him not wanting to come here in the summer, but I’m not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.
Chris Davies on 14:08 - Dec 12 with 2319 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 14:01 - Dec 12 by jack247

Always a gamble.

He seems to tick the boxes, we’re either getting someone like this, someone who’s already a number one lower down the food chain, or an out of work, established manager (which we’ve always avoided).

The only real red flag for me is him not wanting to come here in the summer, but I’m not privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

None of us know.We only surmise really.
I feel an outcast

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Davies on 14:18 - Dec 12 with 2318 viewsQJumpingJack

If the club was on an upward trajectory I would feel very positive about the Davies appointment. It would feel like when Jenkins appointed Martinez in Feb 2007.

I just worry that he is going to be another manager that comes and goes as the club struggles off the pitch - far too many changes in personnel in the last 6 years.
Chris Davies on 15:07 - Dec 12 with 2245 viewsunion_jack

Chris Davies on 14:18 - Dec 12 by QJumpingJack

If the club was on an upward trajectory I would feel very positive about the Davies appointment. It would feel like when Jenkins appointed Martinez in Feb 2007.

I just worry that he is going to be another manager that comes and goes as the club struggles off the pitch - far too many changes in personnel in the last 6 years.

Good point. The owners have made a very firm rod for their own back over the years. From once being a club well known as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, it’s now regarded as a poisoned chalice.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 15:18 - Dec 12 with 2238 viewsjack247

Chris Davies on 15:07 - Dec 12 by union_jack

Good point. The owners have made a very firm rod for their own back over the years. From once being a club well known as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, it’s now regarded as a poisoned chalice.

It’s still a stepping stone. Potter, Cooper and Martin all went on to bigger clubs. Duff probably won’t, but he would have if he’d done well.

Any Championship club is a great gig to a lot of talented, upcoming managers.
Chris Davies on 15:21 - Dec 12 with 2225 viewsJackDragon

Am I right in saying that our trophy haul (one that's considered major anyway) matches that of Spurs during Levy's tenure??? STID
Chris Davies on 16:26 - Dec 13 with 1917 viewsWhiterockin

Now shortened to 2/5 on are whispers starting to creep out.
Chris Davies on 16:45 - Dec 13 with 1877 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 16:26 - Dec 13 by Whiterockin

Now shortened to 2/5 on are whispers starting to creep out.

In lieu of whatever this lot are doing being unknown.
The odds will fall.

Or are the bookies being clever ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 16:55 - Dec 13 with 1861 viewsjasper_T

Chris Davies on 13:55 - Dec 11 by ReslovenSwan1

A I recall it was a straight swap or exchange with small cash adjustment. We are talking about Swansea. Compared to any Man Utd waste fest signings it will always look the poor relation.

In effect Swansea exchanged a kid in the academy for a player sold for £45m . The kid had dome better than anyone imagined but is not seen as an elite Premier league player put in everyone fantasy team.

This was the genius of Huw. To create massive cash returns from nothing but hard work and graft. I am intrigued to see what he can do at Newport.

Sod anyone's fantasy team, he's in his 10th season at a top half PL side and still going strong. Don't get that for ~£30m net transfer profit very often these days.
Chris Davies on 17:30 - Dec 13 with 1775 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 16:45 - Dec 13 by KeithHaynes

In lieu of whatever this lot are doing being unknown.
The odds will fall.

Or are the bookies being clever ?

Doing the unknown is what they do

Chris Davies on 17:47 - Dec 13 with 1736 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chris Davies on 16:47 - Dec 8 by QJumpingJack

most of those fees you have quoted will be amortised over 2-3-5 years.

That applies to all players of a certain age, when you are on your way over the hill your value shrinks. besides, Piroe could see his value rise, it's possible, the others maybe not or definitely not for Ntcham I'd have thought.

Back on topic, we could get Pep Guardiola in but without any investment in the team it'd be a very limited success, silk purse from a sows ear time.
Chris Davies on 09:31 - Dec 16 with 1314 viewsQJumpingJack

I really hope the Davies appointment works.
It will be interesting to see if he is allowed to bring in his own backroom staff (maybe an experienced number 2) or if he will have to take the remaining coaching team which is in place today.

And his first three fixtures - Preston, Southampton and Coventry. 4 points?
Chris Davies on 10:32 - Dec 16 with 1202 viewsBoundy

Chris Davies on 13:43 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

Cunning for sure

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Chris Davies on 12:02 - Dec 16 with 1076 viewsunion_jack

Chris Davies on 10:32 - Dec 16 by Boundy

Cunning for sure

First three letters are right, that’s for sure😂.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 17:58 - Dec 16 with 884 viewsPawelAbbott

Chris Davies on 09:31 - Dec 16 by QJumpingJack

I really hope the Davies appointment works.
It will be interesting to see if he is allowed to bring in his own backroom staff (maybe an experienced number 2) or if he will have to take the remaining coaching team which is in place today.

And his first three fixtures - Preston, Southampton and Coventry. 4 points?

I believe that Sheehan will be remaining as number 2. When asked if he was staying he said that he had been assured he would keep his position
Chris Davies on 18:11 - Dec 16 with 840 viewsReslovenSwan1

Davies is a speculation manager. It is like buying a house to make a quick profit and not for living in. There are multiple factors like family matters unhappiness living in 'horrble London' etc.

If he comes in and does well he will move on. I have wondered about a different model of a squad of young hungry players under an experience European manger like what Guidolin was. Bielsa similar.

European contract to bring in one or two big shot experience like Llorente or a disaffected prodigy like Piroe.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Chris Davies on 18:14 - Dec 16 with 840 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Davies on 17:58 - Dec 16 by PawelAbbott

I believe that Sheehan will be remaining as number 2. When asked if he was staying he said that he had been assured he would keep his position

So either a manager is in place who has agreed this or we are dictating to a future manager what staff he can have. I really hope it is the former or this will not end well.
Chris Davies on 18:25 - Dec 16 with 798 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/its-been-great-working-with-chris-postecogl

Spurs manager says it has been great working with Chris. Not it is great, a hint?
Chris Davies on 19:17 - Dec 16 with 700 viewsonehunglow

Chris Davies on 18:25 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/its-been-great-working-with-chris-postecogl

Spurs manager says it has been great working with Chris. Not it is great, a hint?

If he comes,his job is to save us from a damaging relegation.
Then ,we rebuild
Then ,we can smile again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024