Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Davies 23:42 - Dec 6 with 14905 viewsjackrmee

Being reported in many places that he’s a big favourite for the job.
I can’t understand why, if he turned it down whilst out of work, would he now take it when he has a very good job, and the Swans job must be less attractive now, as we are sh!t.

Doesn’t make any sense to me.
I would love him at the club.
By far my number 1 choice. Potter second.
But if he comes now, it’s surely for extra bread, right? What other reason could there be?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 15:42 - Dec 8 with 3146 viewsnantywatcher

Chris Davies on 15:34 - Dec 8 by sw02sea

Postecoglou hints that his assistant Chris Davies could join Swansea
https://mol.im/a/12841805

Would make a very good early Christmas present for us!
Chris Davies on 15:44 - Dec 8 with 3142 viewsLuther27

Chris Davies on 07:40 - Dec 8 by Whiterockin

I think we need to remember we employ a coach not a manager Chris Davies is an excellent coach. Albeit lacking experience of making the live match decisions, but not as much a gamble as some may think.

Agree with that. He’s young…hopefully ambitious…and had a good grounding. Perfect fit for us hopefully.
Chris Davies on 16:21 - Dec 8 with 3045 viewsReslovenSwan1

Davies is obviously interested . If his salary is right and he has a budget for transfers in January he is coming would speculate.

Spurs said no and Davies might have said he is interested. There has bee investment since. plus money for Piroe £16m Ntcham £3m Benda £1m Obafemi. £4m.

The owners must now walk the walk.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Chris Davies on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 3002 viewsQJumpingJack

Chris Davies on 16:21 - Dec 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Davies is obviously interested . If his salary is right and he has a budget for transfers in January he is coming would speculate.

Spurs said no and Davies might have said he is interested. There has bee investment since. plus money for Piroe £16m Ntcham £3m Benda £1m Obafemi. £4m.

The owners must now walk the walk.

most of those fees you have quoted will be amortised over 2-3-5 years.
Chris Davies on 16:50 - Dec 8 with 2972 viewsunion_jack

Chris Davies on 16:47 - Dec 8 by QJumpingJack

And so will any deals we do presumably.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chris Davies on 17:02 - Dec 8 with 2945 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chris Davies on 16:47 - Dec 8 by QJumpingJack

There is 5 million due for Piroe in the pipeline. He is playing well and will continue to do so barring injury. A Netherlands call up is not too far off alongside his mate Summerville.

Chris Davies on 17:10 - Dec 8 with 2924 viewsRhonddaSwans

Chris Davies on 02:29 - Dec 7 by KeithHaynes

Would you give up a Spurs on the rise for a struggling Swansea City ? Notwithstanding his premier league salary would dwarf what the Swans pay.

They have lost their last 4 games.
Without james madison they are not that good.

Whats Chris got to lose?

Get a 3 year deal doesn't work out he gets 2 years pay free...

I would love that if it applied to all jobs.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Chris Davies on 18:02 - Dec 8 with 2847 viewsmajorraglan

I can’t see it tbh, but let’s assume he wants to come how much is it going to cost the club in compensation to Spurs?
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Davies on 23:43 - Dec 8 with 2582 viewsjackrmee

Chris Davies on 15:34 - Dec 8 by sw02sea

Postecoglou hints that his assistant Chris Davies could join Swansea
https://mol.im/a/12841805

For some reason, I had in my mind that this wasn’t over!
Made my day that news did.
Come on Chrissy boy.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chris Davies on 10:22 - Dec 9 with 2397 viewsonehunglow

“ There is going to be a large compensation fee”

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Chris Davies on 11:51 - Dec 9 with 2321 viewsraynor94

I think he's coming

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chris Davies on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 2231 viewsWhiterockin

Chris Davies on 10:22 - Dec 9 by onehunglow

“ There is going to be a large compensation fee”

If its the difference between players like £2.5M Yates playing like a £500K player or not, it's small change. Then again some of the summer signings may just be poor. If that's the case Watson has questions to answer.
Chris Davies on 13:47 - Dec 9 with 2191 viewsnantywatcher

Chris Davies on 13:04 - Dec 9 by Whiterockin

If its the difference between players like £2.5M Yates playing like a £500K player or not, it's small change. Then again some of the summer signings may just be poor. If that's the case Watson has questions to answer.

Did Watson rubberstamp the Yates deal?
If so that's a sackable offence!
Chris Davies on 13:48 - Dec 9 with 2189 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 13:47 - Dec 9 by nantywatcher

Did Watson rubberstamp the Yates deal?
If so that's a sackable offence!

He was at the club, he is sporting director, you can only assume he did.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 14:16 - Dec 9 with 2134 viewssw02sea

Chris Davies on 23:43 - Dec 8 by jackrmee

For some reason, I had in my mind that this wasn’t over!
Made my day that news did.
Come on Chrissy boy.

Can’t see our owners paying out the amount of compo that Levy is going to demand.
If negotiations take place ie. Levy v Coleman/owners, could you see our owners stumping up?
Prepare to be underwhelmed.
Chris Davies on 14:54 - Dec 9 with 2078 viewsKeithHaynes

Chris Davies on 14:16 - Dec 9 by sw02sea

Can’t see our owners paying out the amount of compo that Levy is going to demand.
If negotiations take place ie. Levy v Coleman/owners, could you see our owners stumping up?

He will see their inexperience after ten seconds of dialogue. He will destroy them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chris Davies on 17:45 - Dec 9 with 1937 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chris Davies on 14:54 - Dec 9 by KeithHaynes

He will see their inexperience after ten seconds of dialogue. He will destroy them.

You have fallen for the hype as well it seems. Remember Gylfi signed for £8m sold for £45m? Naughton was £5m in his prime and has been a good servant. Tom Carroll would have been a snip had it not been for injuries. Levy did a favour for Swansea in taking The keeper as a zero makeweight in one deal.

He had had his pants taken down in deals more than once.

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-worst-transfers-daniel-levy/#giovani-l

Chris Davies on 22:16 - Dec 10 with 1682 viewsQJumpingJack

Chris Davies on 17:45 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

You have fallen for the hype as well it seems. Remember Gylfi signed for £8m sold for £45m? Naughton was £5m in his prime and has been a good servant. Tom Carroll would have been a snip had it not been for injuries. Levy did a favour for Swansea in taking The keeper as a zero makeweight in one deal.

He had had his pants taken down in deals more than once.

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-worst-transfers-daniel-levy/#giovani-l

From memory our owners did not do well with the Joe Rodon deal in October 2020.
Chris Davies on 22:23 - Dec 10 with 1674 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Davies on 22:16 - Dec 10 by QJumpingJack

From memory our owners did not do well with the Joe Rodon deal in October 2020.

Getting £10m for a player completely unproven outside the Championship was an excellent bit of business. One of the few times we've done well against Levy.

The nadir of course being the deal where we accepted a deal worth £10m for Ben Davies the same Summer that Luke Shaw joined Man Utd for £27m. Levy had Huw Jenkins' trousers well pulled down over that one.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 22:25]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Davies on 22:53 - Dec 10 with 1605 viewsjackrmee

Chris Davies on 22:23 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Getting £10m for a player completely unproven outside the Championship was an excellent bit of business. One of the few times we've done well against Levy.

The nadir of course being the deal where we accepted a deal worth £10m for Ben Davies the same Summer that Luke Shaw joined Man Utd for £27m. Levy had Huw Jenkins' trousers well pulled down over that one.

How much is Davies going to cost then?
I mean, £2.5m for Yates. Surely Davies is worth that. Much more important to pay out on the top guy. Davies is that guy

Chris Davies on 13:09 - Dec 11 with 1422 viewsjack247

Chris Davies on 14:16 - Dec 9 by sw02sea

I’m not sure it’s the same with coaches as it is with players. Especially when it’s a chance of being the main man.

We may well get a protracted period arguing about compensation like we’ve got with Southampton now, but if Davies wants to come, they won’t keep him against his wishes. They may give him a better contract or whatever, but he’ll make the decision.
Chris Davies on 13:55 - Dec 11 with 1328 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chris Davies on 22:23 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

A I recall it was a straight swap or exchange with small cash adjustment. We are talking about Swansea. Compared to any Man Utd waste fest signings it will always look the poor relation.

In effect Swansea exchanged a kid in the academy for a player sold for £45m . The kid had dome better than anyone imagined but is not seen as an elite Premier league player put in everyone fantasy team.

This was the genius of Huw. To create massive cash returns from nothing but hard work and graft. I am intrigued to see what he can do at Newport.

Chris Davies on 15:32 - Dec 11 with 1196 viewsQJumpingJack

Chris Davies on 13:55 - Dec 11 by ReslovenSwan1

A I recall it was a straight swap or exchange with small cash adjustment. We are talking about Swansea. Compared to any Man Utd waste fest signings it will always look the poor relation.

In effect Swansea exchanged a kid in the academy for a player sold for £45m . The kid had dome better than anyone imagined but is not seen as an elite Premier league player put in everyone fantasy team.

This was the genius of Huw. To create massive cash returns from nothing but hard work and graft. I am intrigued to see what he can do at Newport.

Levien could have learnt so much off Huw Jenkins from 2016-2019.
Huw could have been a great mentor to Coleman!
Chris Davies on 15:38 - Dec 11 with 1168 viewsWhiterockin

A view from Spurs.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/when-the-time-comes-postecoglou-speaks-agai
Chris Davies on 15:49 - Dec 11 with 1144 viewsjackrmee

Chris Davies on 15:38 - Dec 11 by Whiterockin

A view from Spurs.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/when-the-time-comes-postecoglou-speaks-agai

All starting to sound very positive to me.
I was so gutted when we missed out on him first time round.
This would be by far and away the biggest news and signing of the season.
Please don’t kill my hopes again, Lord 🙏🙏🙏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024