Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread 15:27 - Jan 21 with 26405 viewsModeratorC

A bizarre kick off time for an FA Cup tie. Win this though and it’s two games from Wembley !

AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City
Referee: Darren England
Assistant referees: Daniel Robathan & Daniel Leach
Fourth official: James Linnington
VAR: Thomas Bramall
Support VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis

On You Tube, Sgorio link, @Sgorio

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61766/swansea-city-in-th

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61785/var-to-decide-the-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61790

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61795/luke-williams-it-w

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61793/swans-out-of-the-c

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:00 - Jan 25 with 1910 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Well what do we take from that performance? The majority of our senior players are well past it, probably only Grimes justified a start and a contract at the club. The loan players can all return to their parent clubs tomorrow freeing ùp money for new recruitment's, with the exception of Bolasise. Massive few days and Massive problems. If no clearing of the decks and restocking.
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:04 - Jan 25 with 1866 viewsscruffyjack

That first half was as bad as Southampton las Saturday, but Bournemouth were more clinical. I wouldn’t say we were slow, but I’m sure our centre halves were wearing divers boots.
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:04 - Jan 25 with 1862 viewsswan_si

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 20:09 - Jan 25 by owainglyndwr

Grimes said we dont need new players

No he didn't
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:11 - Jan 25 with 1775 viewsonehunglow

What we have got to stop is fans bitching amongst themselves but that is the legacy of previous coaches .
Attacking each other for being Frank,no matter how many times,no matter how many years is not helping matters.
We need to unite and right now, the schism is deep within the club ,the owners ,coach and players .
Williams !
Hmm

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:21 - Jan 25 with 1717 viewsmax936

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 21:45 - Jan 25 by Boundy

I had Trundle prattling on on , my God swear Brooks was his son

S4C couldn't stop either, they loved it all and lapped it all up, they're delighted with the Muffs tonight.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:22 - Jan 25 with 1708 viewsswancity

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 21:30 - Jan 25 by max936

Swans Fans ain't stopped singing fair play, outstanding effort considering the circumstances.

One of the worst and most embarrassing first halves I’ve ever seen from Swansea City and that includes last Saturday.

Shocking in every respect.

As for the singing … I’d question whether they’d have been better off leaving at half time to show real feelings as that was abysmal

It’s where our club is though I suppose

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 1701 viewsmax936

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:22 - Jan 25 by swancity

One of the worst and most embarrassing first halves I’ve ever seen from Swansea City and that includes last Saturday.

Shocking in every respect.

As for the singing … I’d question whether they’d have been better off leaving at half time to show real feelings as that was abysmal

It’s where our club is though I suppose

Good on them for staying and supporting the Team.

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:26 - Jan 25 with 1673 viewsunion_jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:24 - Jan 25 by max936

Good on them for staying and supporting the Team.

I’m not sure. There’s a time and place for demos like that and tonight may have been just right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:32 - Jan 25 with 1645 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61795/luke-williams-it-w

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:44 - Jan 25 with 1564 viewsmax936

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:32 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

Massive wake up call as to the work that's needed both on the field and off it, needs to sit down and relax, if he dwells on tonight he's in trouble, he fielded a weakened team against a Premier League team and got walloped, Bournemouth are having a decent season a defeat by at least 3 goals was always likely, it was the manner of the defeat that is worrying.

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:56 - Jan 25 with 1495 viewsswancity

Didn’t fight for the ball. Didn’t get close to opponents. Gave them time and space.

I was at West Ham in 1999. They were a top six Premier League club and we were in Division 4. Rio Ferdinand Frank Lampard Neil Ruddock Joe Cole. It ended 1-1. Our team fought for every ball. Our players showed passion pride and fight. Compare and contrast tonight.

Our club is shambolic. Next level Jenkins ?

As for our fans applauding that ? Why ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 23:14 - Jan 25 with 1427 viewsmajorraglan

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 21:35 - Jan 25 by union_jack

When you’ve absolutely no idea what the comms are saying you have to rely on intonation. They seemed to get very excited when David Brooks had the ball or did anything. I heard his name mentioned well after leaving the field!
The other time they creamed themselves was when Kieffer Moore missed.
Clearly weren’t there to see the Swans!!😂

I’m a fluent Welsh speaker and listened to the commentary in Welsh. There’s was some gushing praise for Brooks (who the S4C commentators awarded the MOM) but in general it was balanced and a fair reflection of what I saw on the pitch.

The summariser Gwennan Harries was very good. She’s better than most of the blokes doing punditry.

I think the Swans were lucky to come away with a 5 0 result, Bournemouth could, should have had at least a couple more.
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 00:03 - Jan 26 with 1329 viewsswan65split

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:44 - Jan 25 by max936

Massive wake up call as to the work that's needed both on the field and off it, needs to sit down and relax, if he dwells on tonight he's in trouble, he fielded a weakened team against a Premier League team and got walloped, Bournemouth are having a decent season a defeat by at least 3 goals was always likely, it was the manner of the defeat that is worrying.

needs to sit down and relax, if he dwells on tonight he's in trouble,

not only him but us!
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 00:32 - Jan 26 with 1299 viewscockett_jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 22:21 - Jan 25 by max936

S4C couldn't stop either, they loved it all and lapped it all up, they're delighted with the Muffs tonight.

As a non Welsh speaker it’s really disappointing to hear this. I suppose we can add S4C to the ranks of the Bluebird Broadcasting Corporation? Why does the rest of Wales hate their second city…?
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 06:29 - Jan 26 with 1157 viewsWhiterockin

The last 10 matches Bournemouth are 6th on current form and far from the poor Premier League team some make out, draw a line and move on. We can all see the weaknesses in the team, its down to whether the owners are prepared to invest or not, that will define the rest of the season. I am not expecting very much and if this is the case we will need a massive rebuild in the summer and probably be in the same position 12 months from now.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 06:40 - Jan 26 with 1151 viewsangryjack

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 20:06 - Jan 25 by Andyconky

To be fair to Fisher, Patino just went through the motions and did nothing. Im not one to criticise but the lot of them have zero personality and i see nothing in them that I can connect to!

Just watched goals back Fisher should gave at least come off his line for 2 them to narrow angle at least he just stays on lime and gives the plater all the goals aim at,he's useless
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 08:42 - Jan 26 with 1026 viewspete

well after 10 goals in 2 first half performances conceded and with high flyers up next wonder what rabbits ( we need a couple) the board and our chairman going to pull out of the hat (if anything)?
Well Mr chairman you have talked the talk now you have to walk the walk as the buck is in your hands if we belive what you say
Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 08:51 - Jan 26 with 1013 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 06:40 - Jan 26 by angryjack

Just watched goals back Fisher should gave at least come off his line for 2 them to narrow angle at least he just stays on lime and gives the plater all the goals aim at,he's useless

He feels safer on his line
It’s down to cowardice
That said,we have a goalkeeper coach
He didn’t nervous,just terrified,as he does normally .

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 09:45 - Jan 26 with 937 viewstheloneranger

Bournemouth really love playing us - that's 18 goals they've scored in their last 5 matches against us.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 09:52 - Jan 26 with 922 viewsunion_jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 08:51 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

He feels safer on his line
It’s down to cowardice
That said,we have a goalkeeper coach
He didn’t nervous,just terrified,as he does normally .

Maybe Margetson has just given up on him!

He’s one of the worst keepers I’ve seen at this level. Not just because of blunders, he has had his fair share but all keepers do to some extent. But more due to the fact he has no understanding of the basics of goalkeeping - closing down forwards, commanding the 6 yard area, getting his angles right and importantly these days, his distribution.

He’s not a back up keeper. He’s a liability.

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 06:40 - Jan 26 by angryjack

His pass out for goal number three ? That was shocking too.

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 10:09 - Jan 26 with 893 viewsonehunglow

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 09:52 - Jan 26 by union_jack

Maybe Margetson has just given up on him!

He’s one of the worst keepers I’ve seen at this level. Not just because of blunders, he has had his fair share but all keepers do to some extent. But more due to the fact he has no understanding of the basics of goalkeeping - closing down forwards, commanding the 6 yard area, getting his angles right and importantly these days, his distribution.

He’s not a back up keeper. He’s a liability.

He is so why should our new coach select him.
We would have been better off with a youth keeper.
Fisher lacks basic courage
It’s shameful ,nothing less .
Winston suggests we wanted a Russy clone and we have alright . Quite why is incredible seeing Russy gifted so many games away. This is what is happening now . We needed a break from anything Martin . His legacy is still with us ,clearly
[Post edited 26 Jan 10:11]

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 10:17 - Jan 26 with 868 viewsunion_jack

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 10:09 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Winston suggests we wanted a Russy clone and we have alright . Quite why is incredible seeing Russy gifted so many games away. This is what is happening now . We needed a break from anything Martin . His legacy is still with us ,clearly

I said last night that I’d prefer he played Fisher instead of Rushworth just in case he got injured. I don’t think we have another keeper that close to the 1st team (of course that includes Fisher but…).

I’m certainly NOT going to criticise Williams at this point. He needs both time and support from the hierarchy and fans. I genuinely believe he will make a good team out of us with those provisos.

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 11:02 - Jan 26 with 821 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61793/swans-out-of-the-c

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 793 viewsBoundy

Bournemouth v Swansea City FA Cup Match day Thread on 10:09 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Our youth keeper shipped in 5 last Saturday and no shame in that but to suggest that one of the Academy keepers come in is really ? We're currently stuck with one of the worst keepers I've had the misfortune to watch but what if Rushworth gets injured we then have to rely on some who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in weeks , We weren't expected to get anything last night but a chance to keep squad players ticking over, it didn't work and in normal circumstances there are players we have that shouldn't play another competitive game but we're not blessed with quality nor ambition .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024