Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One Away Days 13:10 - Jan 30 with 7592 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not saying we are down, but I'll confess to browsing the League One and upper end of League Two recently.

One silver lining of potential relegation for me is about 20 odd new grounds.

In the event it happens, where is everyone looking forward to going?

League One Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

League Two Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table
[Post edited 30 Jan 13:10]
League One Away Days on 23:11 - Jan 31 with 1152 viewsMrSheen

League One Away Days on 08:50 - Jan 31 by TheChef

Reckon we could have a whole thread on Curry Houses With Female Staff.

Only just occurred to me that every curry house I've been to only has male staff!

Annapurna * on the Upper Richmond Road in Sheen has been 2/3 female ** staff on my recent visits but i can’t remember an all female waiting team anywhere I’ve eaten.

* Featured celebrity diner - Roy Hodgson
** Not sure if either was called Anna Purna
League One Away Days on 09:47 - Feb 1 with 977 viewsRangersDave

League One Away Days on 10:46 - Jan 31 by Toast_R

The novelty will wear off pretty quick when QPR are getting their arses handed to them on the road with the modern day version of Brett Angel ambling around up front.

Having said that, I really want to go to Mansfield and Shrewsbury away though. Might beg for a ticket if either of those come up next season.
[Post edited 31 Jan 10:47]

Shrewsbury can feckin do on, after how they shat on us getting a huge payday.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

League One Away Days on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 929 viewshantssi

League One Away Days on 14:20 - Jan 31 by Mytch_QPR

Mentally, I'm prepared for the dubious delights of League 1. I reckon our chances of survival are 50-50 at best and that's if Marti gets a tune out of Michi and we start bagging some goals.

I was also sneaking a look at the L1 table a couple of weeks back. I'm now living in Brecon where the roads and public transport make everywhere feel like a world away, but Shrewsbury would be an easy one, with Brizzle Rovers and Cheltenham also reachable. Pretty much everything else is likely to involve an overnight stay.

If we do go down I just hope Reading don't start improving. I could do without that lot telling us we're not fit to wear the hoops.

Love a trip to Brecon, walking in the Beacons.
I’m there in June doing the Alzheimer’s Memory Walk (I’ll be begging on here soon), lovely Nepalese last time I was there, can’t remember if it had female staff or not!!
League One Away Days on 11:20 - Feb 1 with 911 viewsderbyhoop

League One Away Days on 14:51 - Jan 30 by colinallcars

Derby had 27k at home the other day. I reckon our crowds would hold up. Another bonus - a large% of these players will be gorn…

Derby is a 1 club city with a large (34k) modern stadium and reasonable transport links. It's only walking distance from city centre. And they are recovering well in L1.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

League One Away Days on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 847 viewsNorthantsHoop

League One Away Days on 18:34 - Jan 30 by Harbour

Don’t won’t to be too negative but finding it difficult to find any positives in a relegation for the club to L1. Seeing some clubs with much bigger attendances/finances struggle to get out the division suspect if we go down we will be down for a long time. As for trips to Port Vale Northampton etc…no thanks..

Northampton will be OK for me as I live there. The away end is small but do like the Cobblers know quite a few of their fans and go to a couple of games a season at Sixfields. Cobblers fans would view QPR as a big game and as the away end is small and it's close to London would easily sell out. As a QPR season ticket holder and knowing quite a few Cobblers fans it is going to be a bit of a come down to see the Rs parading out at Sixfields. The funny thing is going to a few Cobblers games at the end of last season did sort of envisage seeing QPR playing Northampton Town as the Cobblers got promoted to League 1 and are on the up and we look on the way down unfortunately.
[Post edited 1 Feb 13:36]
League One Away Days on 13:54 - Feb 1 with 810 viewsR_from_afar

League One Away Days on 11:05 - Feb 1 by hantssi

Love a trip to Brecon, walking in the Beacons.
I’m there in June doing the Alzheimer’s Memory Walk (I’ll be begging on here soon), lovely Nepalese last time I was there, can’t remember if it had female staff or not!!

*If you're not interested in completely irrelevant asides, please do feel free to skip this post*

Hot update:

Good news! Having dug out the business card for the afore-mentioned curry house in Barrow, I see it is - woohoo - a discount card!

(Pauses for gasps...)

Bad news! 36 Dalton Road is now Cohens Chemists. Boo

But wait, there are some positives for our younger posters (hope you're both well), though: They are offering free Chlamydia screening for the under 25s....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

League One Away Days on 14:05 - Feb 1 with 786 viewsToast_R

League One Away Days on 09:47 - Feb 1 by RangersDave

Not sure I know about that, care to elaborate?
League One Away Days on 14:36 - Feb 1 with 754 viewsstowmarketrange

League One Away Days on 13:35 - Feb 1 by NorthantsHoop

Northampton will be OK for me as I live there. The away end is small but do like the Cobblers know quite a few of their fans and go to a couple of games a season at Sixfields. Cobblers fans would view QPR as a big game and as the away end is small and it's close to London would easily sell out. As a QPR season ticket holder and knowing quite a few Cobblers fans it is going to be a bit of a come down to see the Rs parading out at Sixfields. The funny thing is going to a few Cobblers games at the end of last season did sort of envisage seeing QPR playing Northampton Town as the Cobblers got promoted to League 1 and are on the up and we look on the way down unfortunately.
[Post edited 1 Feb 13:36]

Another ground I’ve been to and never seen as win at but it only 2 visits in the early 2000’s.
Login to get fewer ads

League One Away Days on 14:46 - Feb 1 with 731 viewsderbyhoop

League One Away Days on 12:55 - Jan 31 by Konk

Not saying you'll go down, but loads of good away games in League 1. I was very happily surprised by Burton - not the most picturesque of towns or best of grounds, but the Coopers is up there with any pub in the country for me. Lovely old boozer with a fire, great beer selection, quality Scotch eggs/Pork pies, and cheese & onion rolls. Really nice fella running it. Felt genuinely sad to be leaving there to go to the game and still feel sad that I might never return.

Gas, O's, Lincoln, Wigan, Exeter, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Burton, Charlton, and Cheltenham are all good away days. If Stockport go up, that's decent as is Notts.

If you can't find a decent pub in Burton I'd worry about you.
Been twice. Burton vs York in National League and the game where Ali Faurlin did his ACL for the 3rd time.

Big boastpirelli is next door and I played cricket there when they still had a sports ground. I put their opening bowler onto the roof of a building 10' high on other side of a chain link fence.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

League One Away Days on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 725 viewsToast_R

League One Away Days on 14:36 - Feb 1 by stowmarketrange

Another ground I’ve been to and never seen as win at but it only 2 visits in the early 2000’s.

They became a perennial pain in the arse in those 3 seasons I seem to remember, I wonder if that will continue. An aging Marco Gabbiadini playing some of his best football against us.
League One Away Days on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 723 viewsE17hoop

Awaydays to L1 are fun when you win. They're not when you get turned over and the team plays like dogshít. Small towns with small stations and creaking infrastructure don't make for fun times coming home.

Wander in assuming we're going to turn a team over and all the peaky blinders 16 year olds are more than happy to have a go and jeer when you lose.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

League One Away Days on 16:19 - Feb 1 with 648 viewsTheChef

League One Away Days on 09:47 - Feb 1 by RangersDave

Eh??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League One Away Days on 17:18 - Feb 1 with 607 viewsStevenageRanger

League One Away Days on 11:12 - Jan 31 by welwynranger

I live 10 minutes drive from Stevenage and know all the free parking spaces near the ground
If all else fails I would get a ticket in the stand behind the goal in the family stand using my address.

I can actually walk to a game if we do go down (and Stevenage dont go up!)

To be fair there is free parking all around and even the large showground opposite is free (only places are the Retail Park and Tesco that have a limit om matchdays)

Anyway dont worry, if we did drop down you can all park at mine, come in for pre-game drinks and we all take a nice 15 min stroll to the away end!

Call me mad but I still think we will stay up. Nothing but wild optimism to base that on though!
[Post edited 1 Feb 17:19]
League One Away Days on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 544 viewsstowmarketrange

League One Away Days on 14:51 - Feb 1 by E17hoop

Awaydays to L1 are fun when you win. They're not when you get turned over and the team plays like dogshít. Small towns with small stations and creaking infrastructure don't make for fun times coming home.

Wander in assuming we're going to turn a team over and all the peaky blinders 16 year olds are more than happy to have a go and jeer when you lose.

A bit like Chesterfield and Hartlepool in 2001 then.Small town hooligans eager to prove themselves against a bigger fish.
League One Away Days on 19:13 - Feb 1 with 496 viewsRed_Ranger

I’m sorry but that list just looks depressing.
Not for me.
The Great Escape please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024