Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney 13:16 - Apr 3 with 3893 viewsDareToCalvin

https://www.footballinsider247.com/blackpool-bristol-rovers-wycombe-and-shrewsbu

Crazy what can happen when you hit a bit of form!

I'd love him here next year if he's feeling fitter from all his health problems; mid table League 1 is quite a jump too.

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 13:34 - Apr 3 with 3818 viewsEllDale

Do I detect the work of an agent here!?
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 13:43 - Apr 3 with 3779 viewsDareToCalvin

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 13:34 - Apr 3 by EllDale

Do I detect the work of an agent here!?

Probably! It's Pete O'Rourke's account and I do believe he sometimes posts articles to deliberately generate interest, but sometimes he is also on the ball!
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 13:51 - Apr 3 with 3752 viewsJumeirahDale

No shade on Rodders as he's done a stand-up job with the opportunities he's had after his illness, but bloody hell the word "ace" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that headline...

Good luck to him if it works out but agreed with above, L1 is a hell of a step up from the standard we are at now.
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 3445 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I like this lad and he certainly did a sterling job leading the line after our No9 got carted off, deserved his reward at the end too.

Would he pass a fitness test though, if he is match fit let's hold on, as players of his potential calibre are rare......perhaps we don't have to sell now?
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 19:17 - Apr 3 with 3255 viewsdavidab2202

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 17:37 - Apr 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

I like this lad and he certainly did a sterling job leading the line after our No9 got carted off, deserved his reward at the end too.

Would he pass a fitness test though, if he is match fit let's hold on, as players of his potential calibre are rare......perhaps we don't have to sell now?

Pretty sure his Contract is up this summer so he can do as he wishes
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 21:31 - Apr 3 with 2998 viewsYorkshire_Dale

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 19:17 - Apr 3 by davidab2202

Pretty sure his Contract is up this summer so he can do as he wishes

Indeed, but Dale did look after him when he was not in a good place?
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 07:18 - Apr 4 with 2715 viewsNorthernDale

I can understand Rodney taking better offers in terms of pay, because a footballers career can be a short career. However as others have said, the Dale stood by him this year throughout his health issues, so you would expect some degree of loyalty from Rodney. Whatever he decides, I wish him all the best, he as been a good servant to the club.
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 10:17 - Apr 4 with 2459 viewsdingdangblue

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 21:31 - Apr 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Indeed, but Dale did look after him when he was not in a good place?

We did...
but we still cant sell a player out of contract - he's free to go wherever he wants.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 2404 viewsJames1980

According to a fotmob he has played 877 minutes and scored 5 goals this season which is a goal about once every 175 minutes.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 12:21 - Apr 4 with 2264 views49thseason

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 10:49 - Apr 4 by James1980

According to a fotmob he has played 877 minutes and scored 5 goals this season which is a goal about once every 175 minutes.

So about 1,goal every other game.. its a good return if he were to play 46 games but theres the rub, he has only played the equivalent of 10 games so far this season. Without knowing what his medical problems have been, its difficult to decide if he is worth trying to hang on to or to try and find a replacement. McNulty will know and will make the decision if there is room within his budget and if he deems the risk to be acceptable. Equally Rodney will weigh the options and make the best decision for his future finances.
I think the forward line might cause most of McNulty's problems for next season with a number of possible departures: Sinclair, Rodney, Henderson. Will Mellor want to sign? Hayes? Can we turn Uchegbelum into a prospect? Afuye? ..And what about the youngsters like Kelly and Dos Santos are they ready yet ? . Decisions decisions....
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 13:25 - Apr 4 with 2115 viewsDale_4_Life

Rodney wage expectation will (i suspect) see him leave this summer.

Regardless of new investor the first job is to balance the books and have players who stay earning National league wages (Inside a budget so we address the weekly losses).

Out of the blue we have a second chance to sort this... lets not mess it up.
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 16:02 - Apr 4 with 1864 viewsSaxonDale

I was surprised we managed to keep him last summer, as I assume for financial reasons all of our players were effectively up for free transfer assuming someone would take over their contracts. This season has for obvious reasons not quite gone to plan for him and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign a new contract, albeit with a fairly low release clause if he was to end up on 15 goals by January. He seems settled in Manchester too which may work in our favour, but as others have said I presume a considerable wage drop would be needed.
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 16:56 - Apr 4 with 1768 viewsTVOS1907

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 12:21 - Apr 4 by 49thseason

So about 1,goal every other game.. its a good return if he were to play 46 games but theres the rub, he has only played the equivalent of 10 games so far this season. Without knowing what his medical problems have been, its difficult to decide if he is worth trying to hang on to or to try and find a replacement. McNulty will know and will make the decision if there is room within his budget and if he deems the risk to be acceptable. Equally Rodney will weigh the options and make the best decision for his future finances.
I think the forward line might cause most of McNulty's problems for next season with a number of possible departures: Sinclair, Rodney, Henderson. Will Mellor want to sign? Hayes? Can we turn Uchegbelum into a prospect? Afuye? ..And what about the youngsters like Kelly and Dos Santos are they ready yet ? . Decisions decisions....

[Post edited 4 Apr 16:57]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 17:59 - Apr 4 with 1614 viewsYorkshire_Dale

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 16:56 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

[Post edited 4 Apr 16:57]

Dale will never be able to afford him, he has massive compensation due from the Post Office scandal too.
League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 18:01 - Apr 4 with 1606 viewsJames1980

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 17:59 - Apr 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Dale will never be able to afford him, he has massive compensation due from the Post Office scandal too.

I thought TVOS was suggesting the maximum signing on bonus should be Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 18:28 - Apr 4 with 1541 viewsD_Alien

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 18:01 - Apr 4 by James1980

I thought TVOS was suggesting the maximum signing on bonus should be Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

Walkers, no doubt

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 21:52 - Apr 4 with 1316 viewsdingdangblue

League 1 clubs interested in Rodney on 17:59 - Apr 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Would prefer Ralph Little out of the two.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024