Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Page out! 19:08 - Jun 6 with 4129 viewsRhonddaSwans

Not being funny that was the worst Welsh match I have ever seen.

This guy was hanging on by a thread after the play off loss.
I don't care ,that it was a young team this is like san marino beating us 6 nil.

Rob please just step down there are plenty of jobs in the Welsh premiership or womens football that would have you.

Has anyone got a u12s team he could take over?

Angel Rangel if you are reading this we have a kit man for you mate.
[Post edited 6 Jun 19:09]

Poll: what is more Exciting

Page out! on 18:33 - Jun 9 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

Page out! on 18:22 - Jun 9 by Plankton

Would've or would have, not would OF!

Grammar abandoned now
Worse is apostrophes used for plurals
Why

This is a feature of our age

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Page out! on 21:00 - Jun 9 with 1064 viewsThornburyswan

Safe to say this thread might be popular anytime soon!
Page out! on 21:05 - Jun 9 with 1058 viewsraynor94

Page out! on 21:00 - Jun 9 by Thornburyswan

Safe to say this thread might be popular anytime soon!

He should resign now, totally out of his depth, and Alan Knill alongside him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Page out! on 22:12 - Jun 9 with 976 viewsmajorraglan

Page out! on 21:05 - Jun 9 by raynor94

If he doesn’t resign he should be dismissed.
Page out! on 22:15 - Jun 9 with 963 viewsDJack

Page out! on 21:05 - Jun 9 by raynor94

Do you believe that he would resign, Rayns?

I think he believes if he keeps going it will turn out OK. Deluded.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Page out! on 00:21 - Jun 10 with 912 viewsRobbie

Alan Knill , wow a blast from the past down The Vetch , always was an honest club player for the Swans back then .

Did not realise he was on the backroom staff of Wales these days , shows my interest in our National Team sadly . Game earlier was broadcast live on S4C , checked final score online .

The Swans, Wrexham , Newport even Cardiff are punching above their weight in a competive enviroment of football , nice to see for all Welsh Clubs doing well when some voices would want us to go back to our LoW status .
Got to keep our National Team as a headline act .

Moan about Page for whatever reason , players not interested in travel and pull a sickie .
Two non events of Welsh friendies , but ex pats in Gib and true supporters will have gone many air miles to watch these matches , well done to them bucket hats and all .

England leave out Grealish and Maguire from their squad , how do Wales compete .
Page out! on 08:07 - Jun 10 with 816 viewsraynor94

Page out! on 22:15 - Jun 9 by DJack

Do you believe that he would resign, Rayns?

I think he believes if he keeps going it will turn out OK. Deluded.

No I don't think he will, but the writing is on the wall, he needs to go, we can't risk having him in charge for another qualifying campaign

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Page out! on 09:27 - Jun 10 with 772 viewsswancity

Regardless of who the manger is we do not have the players to pick from. The era of Bale Ramsey is over. We do not realise the huge impact that Bale had. Page cannot go out and sign new players. We have to realise that we aren’t a force. We never have been. 2016 was a golden period but it couldn’t last. You can blame the manager as much as you want to but he hasn’t got a magic wand to produce world class players. Anyway the results in friendly games aren’t important albeit they’ve shown clearly that we are lacking quality and have little depth to our squad.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Page out! on 10:22 - Jun 10 with 750 viewsheatwave

Page certainly is not the man.
Whoever is will not succeed with this less than average bunch of players.
We were spoilt with our run in the 2016 Euro's. Those type of players have slowly eroded and we've had very little quality coming through.
I'm all for being patriotic and wishing us to do well but I am a realist too.
Page out! on 10:39 - Jun 10 with 745 viewsKeithHaynes

Page out! on 09:27 - Jun 10 by swancity

Regardless of who the manger is we do not have the players to pick from. The era of Bale Ramsey is over. We do not realise the huge impact that Bale had. Page cannot go out and sign new players. We have to realise that we aren’t a force. We never have been. 2016 was a golden period but it couldn’t last. You can blame the manager as much as you want to but he hasn’t got a magic wand to produce world class players. Anyway the results in friendly games aren’t important albeit they’ve shown clearly that we are lacking quality and have little depth to our squad.

And his tactical thinking ? Complete view of modern world football techniques ? This is where Page is lacking, he hasn’t the foresight to manage a side with what he has, when compared to Osian Roberts. Osian is fast becoming Wales version of Brian Clough, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Not saying Osian is the answer, he may well believe the job is a poisoned chalice. But Page seems devoid of any idea to not only manage his squad but his emotions after the last defeat. For me, he’s a gonna.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Page out! on 10:55 - Jun 10 with 736 viewsdobjack2

Page out! on 00:21 - Jun 10 by Robbie

Alan Knill , wow a blast from the past down The Vetch , always was an honest club player for the Swans back then .

Did not realise he was on the backroom staff of Wales these days , shows my interest in our National Team sadly . Game earlier was broadcast live on S4C , checked final score online .

The Swans, Wrexham , Newport even Cardiff are punching above their weight in a competive enviroment of football , nice to see for all Welsh Clubs doing well when some voices would want us to go back to our LoW status .
Got to keep our National Team as a headline act .

Moan about Page for whatever reason , players not interested in travel and pull a sickie .
Two non events of Welsh friendies , but ex pats in Gib and true supporters will have gone many air miles to watch these matches , well done to them bucket hats and all .

England leave out Grealish and Maguire from their squad , how do Wales compete .

In answer to your last paragraph by being organised and tactically aware.

Things that Page does not bring to the party.
Page out! on 10:56 - Jun 10 with 736 viewsYrAlarch

Page out! on 10:39 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

And his tactical thinking ? Complete view of modern world football techniques ? This is where Page is lacking, he hasn’t the foresight to manage a side with what he has, when compared to Osian Roberts. Osian is fast becoming Wales version of Brian Clough, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Not saying Osian is the answer, he may well believe the job is a poisoned chalice. But Page seems devoid of any idea to not only manage his squad but his emotions after the last defeat. For me, he’s a gonna.

Yes I am a fan of Osian too.
However I see him more as a 'power behind the throne' person rather than King.
Can the FAW afford both him and a new Manager?
Page out! on 11:58 - Jun 10 with 707 viewsAzzuriswan

Will the Welsh FA change their mindset and pay out for an experienced positive thinking man to take over the reins? That is the question
Page out! on 12:24 - Jun 10 with 685 viewsWhiterockin

Page out! on 11:58 - Jun 10 by Azzuriswan

Will the Welsh FA change their mindset and pay out for an experienced positive thinking man to take over the reins? That is the question

Plus pay Page off.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Page out! on 13:22 - Jun 10 with 637 viewsFireboy2

Page has no idea how to bring the kids on, this is why he is struggling along with that he has no motivational skills.

I do hope in the next three months until the next game the faw sort it out but I seriously doubt it as they are ostriches with their heads in the sand.
Page out! on 13:38 - Jun 10 with 628 viewsEagleEye

Page out! on 13:22 - Jun 10 by Fireboy2

Page has no idea how to bring the kids on, this is why he is struggling along with that he has no motivational skills.

I do hope in the next three months until the next game the faw sort it out but I seriously doubt it as they are ostriches with their heads in the sand.

In his interview on S4C he came across as a man now under pressure. He said something like ‘future in the hands of others’ or words to that effect which suggests that patience is already thin at the top of FAW.

He should have been sacked after the Iran debacle and after the recent play offs. The FAW coffers were boosted by the 2 bonus play off matches so that money should have gone towards showing him the door. It feels like & sounds like he is waiting for the push so let us hope someone has got the bottle to make it happen
Page out! on 13:53 - Jun 10 with 604 viewsswancity

Football is not the rocket science that some would make you believe. Things have of course changed and there are tactical ways of improving a team performance, style and strategy but in essence football is a simple game. I don’t for one minute think for example that employing a “tactical genius “ like Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola or Carlo Ancelotti would take us to another level. It’s a non starter anyway as they’re not affordable and wouldn’t be interested but you get my point. We do not have the players. Our top players have to play in another country.

As for Osian Roberts he’s approaching 60 and is better known as an Assistant or a good coach. He’s not the answer either. If Page goes as seems likely we don’t have ideal replacements.

Page out! on 14:25 - Jun 10 with 590 viewsRhonddaSwans

Page out! on 13:53 - Jun 10 by swancity

Football is not the rocket science that some would make you believe. Things have of course changed and there are tactical ways of improving a team performance, style and strategy but in essence football is a simple game. I don’t for one minute think for example that employing a “tactical genius “ like Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola or Carlo Ancelotti would take us to another level. It’s a non starter anyway as they’re not affordable and wouldn’t be interested but you get my point. We do not have the players. Our top players have to play in another country.

As for Osian Roberts he’s approaching 60 and is better known as an Assistant or a good coach. He’s not the answer either. If Page goes as seems likely we don’t have ideal replacements.

Craig Bellamy or Ryan Giggs.
Lets get an ex player who commands respect or a Steve cooper?

Wales have a talented squad it isn't like the dark days of most of our team being division 3.

We shouldn't be selecting players below championship level unless they are extremely good.

Mullen should of been called up to this camp.

Rob do the right thing and go.
I know you want your pay out but you will get a league 2 job.
That is your level.
I have never seen Johnson have a good game under you.
PLEASE ROB STOP EMBARRASSING THE RHONDDA AND QUIT!

Poll: what is more Exciting

Page out! on 14:31 - Jun 10 with 590 viewsGVJack

Page out! on 13:22 - Jun 10 by Fireboy2

With regards to "bringing kids on". I can't see how an international manager is expected to do that given the time they have with the players. Yes there's an integration period into senior international football, some take it it quickly, other over more time, but an international manager does not have the access or resources to improve players individually. That's down to them as players and their clubs who pay them for their services.

As an international manager, it's about being able to select the right team (players), tactics and motivation to get the best out of them in short periods of time.
Page out! on 21:00 - Jun 10 with 478 viewsKeithHaynes

Page out! on 14:31 - Jun 10 by GVJack

With regards to "bringing kids on". I can't see how an international manager is expected to do that given the time they have with the players. Yes there's an integration period into senior international football, some take it it quickly, other over more time, but an international manager does not have the access or resources to improve players individually. That's down to them as players and their clubs who pay them for their services.

As an international manager, it's about being able to select the right team (players), tactics and motivation to get the best out of them in short periods of time.

Which he can’t do mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Page out! on 22:50 - Jun 10 with 430 viewsGVJack

Page out! on 21:00 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

Which he can’t do mate.

As per the norm with you Keith, I tend to agree!
Page out! on 00:28 - Jun 11 with 417 viewsswancity

Page out! on 21:00 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

Which he can’t do mate.

That’s debatable. Looking at our team we lack players of international class from 1 to 11. Man for man we aren’t good enough so how can you say that he can’t do the basics? The easy thing to do is to blame a manager . But there are wider issues which need addressing. Take Man Utd for example. Their problems run far deeper than the manager. At least they can go out and sign players…

Page out! on 13:06 - Jun 11 with 312 viewsGVJack

Page out! on 00:28 - Jun 11 by swancity

That’s debatable. Looking at our team we lack players of international class from 1 to 11. Man for man we aren’t good enough so how can you say that he can’t do the basics? The easy thing to do is to blame a manager . But there are wider issues which need addressing. Take Man Utd for example. Their problems run far deeper than the manager. At least they can go out and sign players…

It's a matter of opinion. Personally I felt we were found out far too easily in the 2020 Euros when we came up against Denmark and we didn't have a plan B.

To be fair to Page, he took over the reigns in difficult circumstances then and was new to international management, so i think he deserved some leeway.

He guided us to our first world cup in 64 years and deserved the plaudits for that. But once again come tournament time we got found out. I'm not saying we were necessarily favourites to get out of the group but there were 2 poor performances against reasonable opposition and we had our backsides handed to us by England.

At that point, following two underwhelming tournaments, I personally elt we needed another direction.

Give him credit, he got us to within a penalty shootout of qualifying for a 3rd successive tournament - but we didn't.

As I've mentioned recently, I'm not calling for his head based on the last two friendlies, the results aren't important, and it's an opportunity to try out new tactics/players. But overall, whilst there have been some positives and I thank him wholeheartedly for the effort, I think we need someone different to take us forward... My problem is I just don't know who would be better either!
Page out! on 18:42 - Jun 11 with 246 viewsswancity

Page out! on 13:06 - Jun 11 by GVJack

It's a matter of opinion. Personally I felt we were found out far too easily in the 2020 Euros when we came up against Denmark and we didn't have a plan B.

To be fair to Page, he took over the reigns in difficult circumstances then and was new to international management, so i think he deserved some leeway.

He guided us to our first world cup in 64 years and deserved the plaudits for that. But once again come tournament time we got found out. I'm not saying we were necessarily favourites to get out of the group but there were 2 poor performances against reasonable opposition and we had our backsides handed to us by England.

At that point, following two underwhelming tournaments, I personally elt we needed another direction.

Give him credit, he got us to within a penalty shootout of qualifying for a 3rd successive tournament - but we didn't.

As I've mentioned recently, I'm not calling for his head based on the last two friendlies, the results aren't important, and it's an opportunity to try out new tactics/players. But overall, whilst there have been some positives and I thank him wholeheartedly for the effort, I think we need someone different to take us forward... My problem is I just don't know who would be better either!

Your last sentence sums up the predicament for the FAW.

It’s players we need. Good players who can turn it on to win matches as Bale did. Not single-handedly of course but he inspired those around him . We are sadly lacking that type of player. Not just his quality, he was inspirational. He drove people on.

Chris Coleman was very much in the Page mould. A proud Welshman who wasn’t a tactical genius to put it mildly but he was fortunate enough to have a world class player plus a few others who were exceptional. Coleman in fact got off to a bad start with a few terrible heavy defeats. He’s now fondly remembered and rightly so but he was in the right place at the right time too.

Page out! on 20:18 - Jun 11 with 196 viewsdobjack2

Page out! on 13:06 - Jun 11 by GVJack

I agree that we got found out too easily in tournaments.

If the Welsh FA either don't know who is better or won't pay for someone better then we have a problem.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024