Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread 19:27 - Jun 7 with 6467 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mum’s gone.

Reckon we should start doing these.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:07 - Jun 7 with 1925 viewsdanehoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:05 - Jun 7 by NoDiddley

Why does the display on CH4 say ENG 0 / ISL 1 ?
I thought ICE or ar we playing Israel?

Iceland (Icelandic: Ísland

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:18 - Jun 7 with 1832 viewsNoDiddley

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:07 - Jun 7 by danehoop

Iceland (Icelandic: Ísland

I think Tesco could beat this lot.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:21 - Jun 7 with 1810 viewsWatford_Ranger

One shot on target thus far to their four.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:22 - Jun 7 with 1801 viewskensalriser

No getting away from it, this is dire. Iceland are nullifying us with ease.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:23 - Jun 7 with 1800 viewsMrSheen

Haven’t had the ball for 15 minutes. Hopefully Eze makes a difference.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:33 - Jun 7 with 1715 viewsdigswellhoop

we are sh1t
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:34 - Jun 7 with 1699 viewsdigswellhoop

garbage sake southgate now
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:36 - Jun 7 with 1668 viewsNoDiddley

Rice wine?
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:38 - Jun 7 with 1633 viewsdigswellhoop

boring no fight we won't or deserve anything southgate should be sacked
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:42 - Jun 7 with 1560 viewsLanhoop

And that kind of performance is why they'll be home before the month is out.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:45 - Jun 7 with 1519 viewsMick_S

That was a little bit worrying.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:46 - Jun 7 with 1503 viewsMrSheen

Not gœd enøugh. Feeling a bit better for the fact I can’t see the Euro final.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:58 - Jun 7 with 1401 viewsLblock

When you get there lads…… don’t fully unpack the suitcases will you?

We’ve got some great players but we’ve not got the blend across all areas of the pitch

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 21:58 - Jun 7 with 1402 viewskensalriser

That looked like just what it was - a team with a lot of newcomers that's woefully underbaked.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:05 - Jun 7 with 1340 viewsnumptydumpty

That was England of old

Uninspiring is the kindest word

Ducking Shyte is the second and third kindest words !!

Utter dross. Our defence was very average but more worrying was some of our stars like Kane and Foden looking like they would fail to trouble a Gareth Ainsworth dysfunctional family team

I rather stupidly backed us for the Euros at 4 to 1.

250 to 1 more likely !!!

England never fail to disappoint!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jun 7 with 1324 viewsMrSheen

Foden didn’t look a proper ten, pushed the ball sideways instead of threading the needle forwards, but he might need smarter runners in front of him. To be fair to Iceland, they were suffocating so the obvious lesson is never let them score first
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jun 7 with 1321 viewsnix

Didn't look like we had a strategy for breaking them down or to deal with the counter.

We didn't really look like he'd addressed issues coming out after half time.

Bit disappointing. Crossing poor. Too many touches when we got a chance.

However, early days and we should improve before the tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:13 - Jun 7 with 1293 viewsbosh67

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jun 7 by nix

Didn't look like we had a strategy for breaking them down or to deal with the counter.

To be fair it should have been 2-0 in the end although Palmer's miss was poor. Overall we looked like a team that was horribly rusty against a well organised team that got more and more confident as the game went on. Our delivery was shocking and it is worrying to see how a basic, well disciplined central low block totally bamboozled us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:43 - Jun 7 with 1166 viewspaulparker

If only we had a player who could take people on , win free kicks and make something out of nothing , oh we do but he isn’t in the squad , Thanks Gareth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:43 - Jun 7 with 1166 viewsAntti_Heinola

meh it's a friendly.
always best to grow into a tournament i say.

Bare bones.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:19 - Jun 7 with 1054 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:43 - Jun 7 by paulparker

If only we had a player who could take people on , win free kicks and make something out of nothing , oh we do but he isn’t in the squad , Thanks Gareth

You’ve spent the last three years calling for Foden to start PP! Now you have your wish you want someone else 😆
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jun 7 with 1021 viewspaulparker

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:19 - Jun 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

You’ve spent the last three years calling for Foden to start PP! Now you have your wish you want someone else 😆

What are you talking about I didn’t say anything about Foden ? I’m talking about Grealish who let’s have it right Southgate has never rated and never really wanted in his squads
Southgate would have Real Madrid mid table within 3 months if he took charge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:37 - Jun 7 with 1005 viewsStanisgod

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 22:08 - Jun 7 by nix

How's that then, in training ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:38 - Jun 7 with 1004 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jun 7 by paulparker

What are you talking about I didn’t say anything about Foden ? I’m talking about Grealish who let’s have it right Southgate has never rated and never really wanted in his squads
Southgate would have Real Madrid mid table within 3 months if he took charge

On previous England threads havn’t you demanded Foden start? Apologies if mistaken.

Grealish himself said he’d had a bad season and some mental health difficulties.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Iceland 🇮🇸 Match Thread on 00:12 - Jun 8 with 935 viewsLazyFan

Gordon is not ready and should have been out of the squad, and Grealish should have been retained in the squad as he would have broken down Iceland, the same as Eze started to do when he came on, showing how Gordon is not ready. I suspect even Southgash won't play him again now.

Trippier looks past it; Tyrick Mitchell or Rico Hency should have been taken instead. Having only one known LB in the squad who is injured is abysmal management and fantasy thinking by Southgash.

Mainoo was okay, but he's not the answer against these teams. He got caught out for their Goal, should have been back when Rice went forward and Mainoo did not see the danger until it was too late. TTA should be the one to start against these types of defensive teams as then Rice knows he has to be back all the time as TTA will go forward. Palmer was okay and probably could play better than Foden in the middle. Foden was swamped and that was interesting as now we know how he can be stopped, but it frees up space which Gordon had a lot of but did little with.

In the first half, Southgash tried to lure Iceland into following Kane into the middle (hence his dropping deep) for Foden to push up and get the threw balls. It didn't work, as there was no one to thread those balls, Palmer was on the wing and Foden who could do it was expecting to receive it, and Iceland didn't fall for it. Hence, 45 minutes were wasted on this one pitiful tactic, which was obviously not working after 15 minutes when Iceland did not follow Kane all the way into the middle.

What we learned is that Gordon should not be there and Mainoo should only be used against attacking teams and maybe even not then as he's still not there yet. TTA is up for it, but really needs to be higher up the field in middle to make an impact. Tripper is past it, maybe Gomez is better? Konsa looked decent and possibly better than Guéhi, who is okay but has zero idea going forward and won't score from corners like Konsa can. Stones had his usual one terrible game out of five. Lets hope he goes back to his world class levels, he often does that. One game in five Stones will be gash for whatever reason and then he goes back to being amazing again. I suspect its a concentration thing, but how knows, Pep doesn't.

Gordon, Palmer won't start and possibly Mainoo will be sub as well.
Saka, Bellingham to come in, with Foden moved to the left and I suspect he will put TTA in the middle with Rice told to stay back all the time.

In Southgash we trust.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024