| I know things take time.... 11:23 - Jun 22 with 72224 views | heywooddale | I know things take time....and I'm not even expect signings announcement or anything New management are just bedding in and we've got to make sure we are getting the right people. That is the most important thing. But at least announce friendly, a hint at the new shirt design or new pie filling we are considering or something. My dopamine starved brain needs something/anything to engage with! (This is an entirely unserious post that probably should be ignored) [Post edited 22 Jun 11:25]
|  | | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 20:49 - Jun 29 with 7427 views | davidab2202 |
| I know things take time.... on 16:29 - Jun 29 by TVOS1907 | "we don't return to the nightmare of the NL, which was depressing" In what way? |
I wouln't say it was depressing being in the NL, more of a feeling of being isolated from all we had known when in the FL which resulted in a feeling of being on the outside looking in. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 21:10 - Jun 29 with 7320 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 20:49 - Jun 29 by davidab2202 | I wouln't say it was depressing being in the NL, more of a feeling of being isolated from all we had known when in the FL which resulted in a feeling of being on the outside looking in. |
I agree to an extent, but I found being in the NL quite an enjoyable experience. Obviously, winning more often than not helped, but there were many other experiences from travelling up and down the country that were better and much less hassle than some EFL away days. Of course, we all wanted to get back to what we had always known, to steal your phrase, but I feel calling the National League experience 'depressing' is wrong. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 21:18 - Jun 29 with 7256 views | 442Dale |
| I know things take time.... on 21:10 - Jun 29 by TVOS1907 | I agree to an extent, but I found being in the NL quite an enjoyable experience. Obviously, winning more often than not helped, but there were many other experiences from travelling up and down the country that were better and much less hassle than some EFL away days. Of course, we all wanted to get back to what we had always known, to steal your phrase, but I feel calling the National League experience 'depressing' is wrong. |
There was a certain amount of disrespect shown towards being in the National League, as if we were somehow above it all. Talk of playing “part time” clubs and teams/grounds being rubbish. It’s too easily forgotten that Dale have played at many awful grounds against totally awful teams in the league. And we had enough sides of our own that were far worse than many we faced over the last three years in a ground that was pretty poor during our previous 100+ years in the Football League. |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 06:14 - Jun 30 with 6887 views | NorthernDale |
| I know things take time.... on 20:49 - Jun 29 by davidab2202 | I wouln't say it was depressing being in the NL, more of a feeling of being isolated from all we had known when in the FL which resulted in a feeling of being on the outside looking in. |
I accept the term depressing was wrong or potentially misunderstood and I have great respect for all non-league fans, because it is quite easy to support a big team in the Premiership or Championship, rather than a non-league team. But as davidab perfectly says 'it was being isolated from what we had known' and I would add 'the fear of never returning to what we had known'. This feeling can be seen on other forums like Southend, Hartlepools and also Carlisle's', and even on the Oldham's forum, who's joy of returning to the EFL was expressed very clearly. That is I found hard being in the NL, was the fear of never returning to the EFL and that is why I hope we can re-establish ourselves in the EFL. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:34 - Jun 30 with 6512 views | samueloneils | I`m guessing but it may be they are waiting until the old contracts end. It would probably be what a commercial payroll operator would do, though different from what a football club does. Remember we still don`t know the situation re Hendo, Smith and Edwards as far as I am aware. Ogdens influence? |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:45 - Jun 30 with 6456 views | Delboy | I hope we are taking an interest in Danny Ormerod at Fylde. Had a tremendous season last time and Watson will know him well from the title battle South Shields and Fylde had then. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:50 - Jun 30 with 6436 views | heywooddale |
| I know things take time.... on 11:34 - Jun 30 by samueloneils | I`m guessing but it may be they are waiting until the old contracts end. It would probably be what a commercial payroll operator would do, though different from what a football club does. Remember we still don`t know the situation re Hendo, Smith and Edwards as far as I am aware. Ogdens influence? |
With the exception of maybe Hendo (not that I necessarily thing he is re-signing, just think his circumstance are slightly different to Smith and Edwards) I would imagine that probably means the other two aren't going to re-sign. Would have though there would have been announcement otherwise. I'm hoping there will be a couple of players announced tomorrow once existing contracts have expired. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:50 - Jun 30 with 6436 views | samueloneils |
| I know things take time.... on 20:31 - Jun 23 by Newbury_Dale | I'm really hoping we're in for Reece Smith who was with Harrogate last season and is apparently moving on. I've seen a fair bit of him playing for my local team Maidenhead, alongside Casey Pettit and Sam Beckwith. I think he'd be a great signing. |
The whole question re previous FL experience was aired earlier here. It`s worth bearing in mind that Beckwith and Pettit are the only "major" players who have never set foot in the Football League yet. Bilongo for instance has some 40 League appearances to his name. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| I know things take time.... on 17:00 - Jun 30 with 5955 views | tony_roch975 |
| I know things take time.... on 15:00 - Jun 29 by jonahwhereru | I think Southend named Dyer as their manager no more than 3 working day before Watson arrived. They are using the same recruiting consultants as ourselves. They have now signed four new players, admittedly they lost 6 from last season who they made contract offers too, but I am getting to the stage of eyebrow being raised that we have heard nothing about either the contract offers or potential new faces. I can only assume that we have missed out on a few new options. Bated breathe. |
This quote from Ian Watson on Humbles departure - “We wish Liam the best of luck for the future. He’s going to a club where he had a successful time towards the back end of last season and gained regular minutes, so it’s a good move for his career. “In terms of adding to our squad, we’re in detailed discussions with a number of potential incomings, which I am really excited about. It’s important that we recruit players who are the right fit for this Football Club, and sometimes, as a management team, we have to be patient in order to do that.” |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 17:32 - Jun 30 with 5838 views | Dale_4_Life |
| I know things take time.... on 17:00 - Jun 30 by tony_roch975 | This quote from Ian Watson on Humbles departure - “We wish Liam the best of luck for the future. He’s going to a club where he had a successful time towards the back end of last season and gained regular minutes, so it’s a good move for his career. “In terms of adding to our squad, we’re in detailed discussions with a number of potential incomings, which I am really excited about. It’s important that we recruit players who are the right fit for this Football Club, and sometimes, as a management team, we have to be patient in order to do that.” |
It’s important that we recruit players who are the right fit for this Football Club, and sometimes, as a management team, we have to be patient in order to do that.” We are a patient bunch... That will do me.. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 17:36 - Jun 30 with 5810 views | isitme | The reality of having bills to pay and not having a wage will start to hit home and some players will lower their expectations financially. Stephen Dawson was a good example of a one year 'prove it' deal. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 17:52 - Jun 30 with 5767 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 17:32 - Jun 30 by Dale_4_Life | It’s important that we recruit players who are the right fit for this Football Club, and sometimes, as a management team, we have to be patient in order to do that.” We are a patient bunch... That will do me.. |
There's a distinct sense of impatience among a lot of fans on other Dale social media. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 18:18 - Jun 30 with 5671 views | Newbury_Dale | Joe Grayson has left Gateshead. Son of Simon, left sided. Not a player I know anything about but could see him sign for us given the obvious links to the management duo. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 18:52 - Jun 30 with 5542 views | SaxonDale | Think our fingers have been burnt previously with agents pushing forward players to new managers who were never the right fit or just fit for the club (Twaddle, Hackney, Aidy White). Glad the management team are being patient and doing their due diligence. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 03:29 - Jul 1 with 5089 views | Albert_Whitehurst | Is this the first season since time began that Dale fans haven’t been screaming for us to sign a 20-goal a season big striker up top? Weird sensation 😂 |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 10:44 - Jul 1 with 4733 views | Dale_4_Life | July 01st… Game on!! |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 4613 views | heywooddale | I must say the announcement of the signing of a contract extension with our shirts supplier (without even a preview of either kit) first thing on the day that the most people are checking the site and social media for a different kind of signing is a level of shithousery that I appreciate! It's is also good promotion for O'Neill's so I do respect it from that point. [Post edited 1 Jul 11:39]
|  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 07:48 - Jul 2 with 3962 views | davidab2202 | Chris Fitz is claiming this morning that 2 signings are completed and others are very close |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 08:08 - Jul 2 with 3932 views | NorthernDale | If that is the case, why have they not be announced by the club. Also as Hendo, Smith and Edwards signed new contracts yet. [Post edited 2 Jul 8:09]
|  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 08:47 - Jul 2 with 3821 views | Duckegg | Would not mind if Nevett and Hayes came back and signed if they have not gone else where..... With the experience of being at Peterborough it could be beneficial for Dale also they have age on their side... |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 17:10 - Jul 2 with 3313 views | davidab2202 |
| I know things take time.... on 08:47 - Jul 2 by Duckegg | Would not mind if Nevett and Hayes came back and signed if they have not gone else where..... With the experience of being at Peterborough it could be beneficial for Dale also they have age on their side... |
Perhaps Chris was right and you have got your one out of two.Who knows. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 2316 views | Dale_4_Life | Still a very thin threadbare almost squad.. I know things take time but would be very beneficial to have a couple more new Dale players on that flight out to Spain!. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 14:50 - Jul 13 with 2240 views | jonahwhereru | No point in Lillis making the trip as it stands. No doubt they’ll get a triallist in if they don’t get a perme keeper in this week. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 15:13 - Jul 13 with 2134 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 14:50 - Jul 13 by jonahwhereru | No point in Lillis making the trip as it stands. No doubt they’ll get a triallist in if they don’t get a perme keeper in this week. |
Why? We will need at least one goalkeeper tomorrow night and we will need at least one goalkeeper on Sunday. If you watch the footage from last week's training or look at the pictures, there is nothing shown involving goalkeepers, even though Josh can be seen in the background, and he will be there to carry out his usual role. We aren't going to be training with outfield players only. There will have been a goalkeeper (or most likely, goalkeepers) at training, but as yet, none have them have signed; or, they have signed and nothing has been announced for some reason. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 18:57 - Jul 13 with 1756 views | jonahwhereru | Irony!!!! |  | |  |
| |