Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know things take time.... 11:23 - Jun 22 with 72180 viewsheywooddale

I know things take time....and I'm not even expect signings announcement or anything
New management are just bedding in and we've got to make sure we are getting the right people. That is the most important thing.

But at least announce friendly, a hint at the new shirt design or new pie filling we are considering or something.
My dopamine starved brain needs something/anything to engage with!

(This is an entirely unserious post that probably should be ignored)
[Post edited 22 Jun 11:25]
1
I know things take time.... on 08:44 - Jul 25 with 6918 viewsEllDale

With all the refurbishment work that has been going on there probably hasn’t been a venue until this week!
0
I know things take time.... on 09:04 - Jul 25 with 6819 viewsJames1980

I know things take time.... on 22:23 - Jul 24 by TVOS1907

I would imagine there will be one, James, although a date hasn't been announced yet. It would be unusual for there not to be, especially with a new manager at the helm.


Looking at South Shields YouTube I can't see one (doesn't necessarily mean they didn't have one) Hopefully if it is something new to Ian Watson he embraces the fans forums the way he has come across so far I expect he will.

I'm not a public school debating champion and don't be obtuse
Poll: Preferred option re pitch

0
I know things take time.... on 09:05 - Jul 25 with 6811 views442Dale

I know things take time.... on 08:44 - Jul 25 by EllDale

With all the refurbishment work that has been going on there probably hasn’t been a venue until this week!


That’s a fair point but I would now expect it to be announced to take place in the next couple of weeks. Important to give Watson a further chance to engage with supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

0
I know things take time.... on 17:17 - Jul 27 with 6008 viewsNorthernDale

The Dale have signed Sam Sherring a CD, who was released from MK Dons and had played under the management duo at MK Dons. Does this mean Beckwith is down for the LB role?
0
I know things take time.... on 17:22 - Jul 27 with 5958 viewsTalkingSutty

I know things take time.... on 17:17 - Jul 27 by NorthernDale

The Dale have signed Sam Sherring a CD, who was released from MK Dons and had played under the management duo at MK Dons. Does this mean Beckwith is down for the LB role?


It means competition for places, he's got plenty of experience which is a good thing.
0
I know things take time.... on 17:44 - Jul 27 with 5865 viewsisitme

I know things take time.... on 17:22 - Jul 27 by TalkingSutty

It means competition for places, he's got plenty of experience which is a good thing.


Unless someone leaves, it looks like we have enough numbers wise defensively, even if Maguire is out injured for a while. We need two wide players, including one who can start on the left and a starting number 10.
1
I know things take time.... on 17:47 - Jul 27 with 5846 viewsNorthernDale

I would agree we need another winger and I would suggest, if possible two strikers and even a utility defender, who can fill, if required, any position in the defence.
[Post edited 27 Jul 18:34]
0
I know things take time.... on 17:51 - Jul 27 with 5821 viewstony_roch975

I know things take time.... on 17:17 - Jul 27 by NorthernDale

The Dale have signed Sam Sherring a CD, who was released from MK Dons and had played under the management duo at MK Dons. Does this mean Beckwith is down for the LB role?


Hope not

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

0
Login to get fewer ads

I know things take time.... on 18:22 - Jul 27 with 5728 viewsisitme

I know things take time.... on 17:51 - Jul 27 by tony_roch975

Hope not


Why not?
0
I know things take time.... on 18:39 - Jul 27 with 5629 views442Dale

I know things take time.... on 18:22 - Jul 27 by isitme

Why not?


After watching him play there on Saturday, I can see why he’d probably me more effective at LB than one of two centre halves.

He was still able to (and encouraged) to push on into similar areas of the pitch as when he played LCB in a three. He couldn’t do that as one of two centre halves.

The only issue would be how he deals with pacey wingers and balls in behind when he goes forward. But that may be why we are adding other players centrally.

I’d say there are more reasons why he should play there than why not right now. The bigger issue is on the other side where it’d be good to see Moss given a go as a proper right back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

0
I know things take time.... on 19:07 - Jul 27 with 5539 viewsisitme

I know things take time.... on 18:39 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

After watching him play there on Saturday, I can see why he’d probably me more effective at LB than one of two centre halves.

He was still able to (and encouraged) to push on into similar areas of the pitch as when he played LCB in a three. He couldn’t do that as one of two centre halves.

The only issue would be how he deals with pacey wingers and balls in behind when he goes forward. But that may be why we are adding other players centrally.

I’d say there are more reasons why he should play there than why not right now. The bigger issue is on the other side where it’d be good to see Moss given a go as a proper right back.


I would expect Wilson with his extra pace to start at right back. Tobi struggled to get back a few times on Saturday. It's a much different role without Gordon covering in behind.

Moss is a good one and one defender but I am not sure how much he offers going forward.
[Post edited 27 Jul 19:08]
1
I know things take time.... on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 5311 viewstony_roch975

I know things take time.... on 18:22 - Jul 27 by isitme

Why not?


As 442 says the issue would be his lack of pace against fast wide players and as you noted with TAR can he cope with recovering back after he's part of an attack that's broken down

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

1
I know things take time.... on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 5248 viewsisitme

I know things take time.... on 21:36 - Jul 27 by tony_roch975

As 442 says the issue would be his lack of pace against fast wide players and as you noted with TAR can he cope with recovering back after he's part of an attack that's broken down


That is a fair point. If Bilongo starts in the centre of defense you have some pace to cover. None of the deeper of the two central midfielders are that quick to cover if a full back is caught forward. I thought Hannant's work rate on Saturday was exceptional, with Gilmour's not to far behind.

Whilst the change of formation suits the manager it may leave some players in limbo positionslly. I am pretty sure Beckwith made the National League team of the season at left back the year before he signed for us.
1
I know things take time.... on 09:30 - Jul 28 with 4857 viewstony_roch975

I know things take time.... on 21:57 - Jul 27 by isitme

That is a fair point. If Bilongo starts in the centre of defense you have some pace to cover. None of the deeper of the two central midfielders are that quick to cover if a full back is caught forward. I thought Hannant's work rate on Saturday was exceptional, with Gilmour's not to far behind.

Whilst the change of formation suits the manager it may leave some players in limbo positionslly. I am pretty sure Beckwith made the National League team of the season at left back the year before he signed for us.


Agree - one of Bilongo's strengths and Hannant's & Gilmour's workrate did impress. Think Beckwith won Player of the month and played in midfield as a youth player at Luton - which maybe explains why he's comfortable on the ball?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

0
I know things take time.... on 12:07 - Jul 28 with 4620 viewsisitme

Spaven signs an initial one year deal. Three keepers under contract now. I wonder if Ramming is seriously injured and unlikely to feature?
0
I know things take time.... on 12:33 - Jul 28 with 4556 viewsheywooddale

My guess would be it is more that they are looking to develop Spaven for the future, so wed don't end up constantly having to use loan keepers.
His interview sounds like he know he is here to be third choice while he learns and get experience of the Men's game.

Doubt he'll be taking up much of a wage, effectively the same as a scholar getting their first contract. Worth the money if it pans out.
5
I know things take time.... on 18:34 - Jul 28 with 4150 viewsisitme



One wide player down. He looked really impressive when he came on on Saturday. I wonder if he will start tonight?

One more wide player and a striker/number 10 to go?
[Post edited 28 Jul 18:54]
0
I know things take time.... on 19:14 - Jul 28 with 4015 viewsD_Alien

Are the Dale attacks of the vapours starting to dissipate, by any chance?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

0
I know things take time.... on 16:03 - Jul 31 with 3041 viewsisitme



It would make sense from a point of difference point of view and maybe he can also cover in the wide areas.
0
I know things take time.... on 17:32 - Jul 31 with 2834 viewsjonahwhereru

He seems to have done more in men’s than plenty of other around his age group. He would be an interesting signing.
0
I know things take time.... on 17:47 - Jul 31 with 2786 viewsisitme



Another rumour. This time a wide player.
0
I know things take time.... on 18:33 - Jul 31 with 2680 viewsNorthernDale

I know things take time.... on 16:03 - Jul 31 by isitme



It would make sense from a point of difference point of view and maybe he can also cover in the wide areas.


He is starting for Derby tonight at Mansfield, so if he does join us, he should be match fit.
0
I know things take time.... on 11:13 - Aug 1 with 2155 viewsEdindale

Scored the first in a 3-1 win for the Rams. Well taken goal.
0
I know things take time.... on 12:26 - Aug 1 with 1993 viewsisitme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/p

Maguire has a slight thigh strain. Hopefully two more signings in the next 10 days - Brown and Smith?
[Post edited 1 Aug 12:31]
1
I know things take time.... on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 1836 viewsKnavesmireBob

I know things take time.... on 12:26 - Aug 1 by isitme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/p

Maguire has a slight thigh strain. Hopefully two more signings in the next 10 days - Brown and Smith?
[Post edited 1 Aug 12:31]


Thanks for sharing. Excellent interview, good direct questions too. Pretty confident we've got a good 'un in Watson. Just gutted about Jenkins as suspect there's a fans favourite and a very important member of the dressing room there, hopefully we won't have to wait until next season to see it materialise.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026