Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trivia Questions Thread 13:14 - Jul 24 with 15019 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who moved to Nottm. Forest but was so uncertain about his chances of making it that he put an ad in the Forest programme offering his services to anyone as a sparky?

The first one to answer correctly has to pose the next trivia question.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 08:40 - Jul 27 with 1604 viewsMrSheen

Trivia Questions Thread on 08:26 - Jul 27 by CateLeBonR

Rodney Marsh v Birmingham October 1970?


Down again by then I think.
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 08:42 - Jul 27 with 1589 viewsloftus77

Trivia Questions Thread on 07:51 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Ahem...I think the rules laid down by Lord Chief Justice Brian McCarthy no less, were quite clear: winner stays on!

Q: Who was the first QPR player to score a hattrick in the top flight of English football?
[Post edited 27 Jul 8:08]


Wild guess (prob too late in decade, but I wasn't really around) - Clive Allen v Coventry 1979?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 09:31 - Jul 27 with 1474 viewsSonic_Hoop

Trivia Questions Thread on 03:37 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Marcus Bent?


That's the one
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 1464 viewsTwoHalves

Stan Bowles v Derby (5-1), August 1975?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 1461 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 08:26 - Jul 27 by CateLeBonR

Rodney Marsh v Birmingham October 1970?


I think that was a 2nd division game.
3
Trivia Questions Thread on 09:37 - Jul 27 with 1413 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trivia Questions Thread on 09:32 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Stan Bowles v Derby (5-1), August 1975?


No.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 09:59 - Jul 27 with 1357 viewsCateLeBonR

Trivia Questions Thread on 08:40 - Jul 27 by MrSheen

Down again by then I think.


For some reason I had it in my head we went straight back up after the 1969 relegation.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:01 - Jul 27 with 1339 viewsTwoHalves

Don Givens v Derby (4-1), February 1975?
0
Login to get fewer ads

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:13 - Jul 27 with 1293 viewsterryb

Trivia Questions Thread on 09:59 - Jul 27 by CateLeBonR

For some reason I had it in my head we went straight back up after the 1969 relegation.


We should have, but we gave up after losing in the quarter finals of the two cups.

Also, Victor Bloody Mobley was centre half!
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:15 - Jul 27 with 1292 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:01 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Don Givens v Derby (4-1), February 1975?


Twohaaaaaaaaaaaalves and Queens Park Rangers have won it!

Twohalves played into his laptop and has tapped in.

The 10 men are ahead, it's another Twohalves dazzler, from Halves.

It's LoftForWords nil, Queeeeens Paaaaark Rangers, one.

Three minutes of added on time to go!

Would. You. Believe It?

No!

Unbelievable!!!!

Edit - I still get teary eyed listening to Phil Parry's commentary!
[Post edited 27 Jul 10:17]

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:19 - Jul 27 with 1277 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:15 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Twohaaaaaaaaaaaalves and Queens Park Rangers have won it!

Twohalves played into his laptop and has tapped in.

The 10 men are ahead, it's another Twohalves dazzler, from Halves.

It's LoftForWords nil, Queeeeens Paaaaark Rangers, one.

Three minutes of added on time to go!

Would. You. Believe It?

No!

Unbelievable!!!!

Edit - I still get teary eyed listening to Phil Parry's commentary!
[Post edited 27 Jul 10:17]


Oh, dear! Does that mean I’ve got to come up with a trivia question now?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 1272 viewsterryb

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:19 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Oh, dear! Does that mean I’ve got to come up with a trivia question now?


Yes Sir!
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:39 - Jul 27 with 1217 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:19 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Oh, dear! Does that mean I’ve got to come up with a trivia question now?


And be quick about it, Sir!

These are the rules, as laid down by Lord Chief Justice McCarthy...and you do not want to disobey him.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:47 - Jul 27 with 1195 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:21 - Jul 27 by terryb

Yes Sir!


Be careful what you wish for and all that! Right, I’m reaching into the deepest recesses of my mind here. I’ve got one main question for the thread and a second, completely obscure, question which occurred to me during my research for the previous ‘hat-trick’ question, which involves a former QPR player I’d never previously heard of (bear with me).

So, the main question is this: name the five current EPL/EFL clubs (that’s Divisions 1,2,3 & 4 in old money) for whom the first and last letters in their (full) name are the same.

Question 2, for amusement only, is this: apart from Terry Venables, which ex-QPR player went on to manage a national side and what was the country (there may, of course, be more than one answer to this as I haven’t completely thought it through, but there’s one in particular I’m thinking of). We’ll leave it on the back burner for the time being but I’d be truly staggered if anyone gets it.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:51 - Jul 27 with 1185 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:47 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Be careful what you wish for and all that! Right, I’m reaching into the deepest recesses of my mind here. I’ve got one main question for the thread and a second, completely obscure, question which occurred to me during my research for the previous ‘hat-trick’ question, which involves a former QPR player I’d never previously heard of (bear with me).

So, the main question is this: name the five current EPL/EFL clubs (that’s Divisions 1,2,3 & 4 in old money) for whom the first and last letters in their (full) name are the same.

Question 2, for amusement only, is this: apart from Terry Venables, which ex-QPR player went on to manage a national side and what was the country (there may, of course, be more than one answer to this as I haven’t completely thought it through, but there’s one in particular I’m thinking of). We’ll leave it on the back burner for the time being but I’d be truly staggered if anyone gets it.


Aston Villa,Liverpool,Northampton Town,Charlton athletic and York city.
2
Trivia Questions Thread on 10:57 - Jul 27 with 1169 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:51 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Aston Villa,Liverpool,Northampton Town,Charlton athletic and York city.


Bloody hell, Stowmarket, give me a chance to finish my breakfast! You’re absolutely correct of course (on reflection, I should’ve included Scotland too to draw out the suspense). Anyway, congratulations, my good man!
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:00 - Jul 27 with 1158 viewsstowmarketrange

What is the QPR motto?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 1141 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:57 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Bloody hell, Stowmarket, give me a chance to finish my breakfast! You’re absolutely correct of course (on reflection, I should’ve included Scotland too to draw out the suspense). Anyway, congratulations, my good man!


I can’t remember who is still in the Scottish leagues,but it used to be Alloa,Kilmarnock and East Fife.There may have been more though.Dundee united
[Post edited 27 Jul 11:07]
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:09 - Jul 27 with 1114 viewsloftboy

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:05 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

I can’t remember who is still in the Scottish leagues,but it used to be Alloa,Kilmarnock and East Fife.There may have been more though.Dundee united
[Post edited 27 Jul 11:07]


Isnt Alloa Alloa athletic?

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

2
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:14 - Jul 27 with 1108 viewsQPR_Hibs

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:09 - Jul 27 by loftboy

Isnt Alloa Alloa athletic?


Yes.

There is Celtic (nobody calls them Glasgow Celtic) and the mighty East Kilbride.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

1
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 1075 viewseastside_r

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:47 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Be careful what you wish for and all that! Right, I’m reaching into the deepest recesses of my mind here. I’ve got one main question for the thread and a second, completely obscure, question which occurred to me during my research for the previous ‘hat-trick’ question, which involves a former QPR player I’d never previously heard of (bear with me).

So, the main question is this: name the five current EPL/EFL clubs (that’s Divisions 1,2,3 & 4 in old money) for whom the first and last letters in their (full) name are the same.

Question 2, for amusement only, is this: apart from Terry Venables, which ex-QPR player went on to manage a national side and what was the country (there may, of course, be more than one answer to this as I haven’t completely thought it through, but there’s one in particular I’m thinking of). We’ll leave it on the back burner for the time being but I’d be truly staggered if anyone gets it.


Didn't Terry Fenwick manage one of the Caribbean countries. Possibly Marc Bircham also (T&T?)
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 1075 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:00 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

What is the QPR motto?


Disappointment Guaranteed.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:32 - Jul 27 with 1062 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:29 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Disappointment Guaranteed.


Close but no cigar.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 1052 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:28 - Jul 27 by eastside_r

Didn't Terry Fenwick manage one of the Caribbean countries. Possibly Marc Bircham also (T&T?)


Good call re Terry Fenwick (Trinidad & Tobago 2020-21) but not the one I was thinking of. Marc Bircham played for Canada, I think, but didn’t manage any National sides as far as I am aware.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 1040 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:14 - Jul 27 by QPR_Hibs

Yes.

There is Celtic (nobody calls them Glasgow Celtic) and the mighty East Kilbride.


The one that used to bamboozle most people was East Stirling (no longer competing in the upper echelons, of course). Their full name is East Stirlingshire.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026