Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trivia Questions Thread 13:14 - Jul 24 with 15020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who moved to Nottm. Forest but was so uncertain about his chances of making it that he put an ad in the Forest programme offering his services to anyone as a sparky?

The first one to answer correctly has to pose the next trivia question.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:55 - Jul 27 with 1785 viewsSteiner

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:47 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Be careful what you wish for and all that! Right, I’m reaching into the deepest recesses of my mind here. I’ve got one main question for the thread and a second, completely obscure, question which occurred to me during my research for the previous ‘hat-trick’ question, which involves a former QPR player I’d never previously heard of (bear with me).

So, the main question is this: name the five current EPL/EFL clubs (that’s Divisions 1,2,3 & 4 in old money) for whom the first and last letters in their (full) name are the same.

Question 2, for amusement only, is this: apart from Terry Venables, which ex-QPR player went on to manage a national side and what was the country (there may, of course, be more than one answer to this as I haven’t completely thought it through, but there’s one in particular I’m thinking of). We’ll leave it on the back burner for the time being but I’d be truly staggered if anyone gets it.


Peter Reid, briefly Thailand manager around 2007?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 11:55 - Jul 27 with 1782 viewsNoDiddley

We hate Chelsea
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:03 - Jul 27 with 1750 viewsNoDiddley

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:00 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

What is the QPR motto?


SPECTEMUR AGENDO
On the Hammersmith badge ?
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 1691 viewsWatford_Ranger

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:55 - Jul 27 by Steiner

Peter Reid, briefly Thailand manager around 2007?


Schteve McLaren also.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:28 - Jul 27 with 1673 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:55 - Jul 27 by Steiner

Peter Reid, briefly Thailand manager around 2007?


Another good call (2008/9) but, again, not the one I was thinking of. Glad I posed this as a supplementary question now. Accumulating more and more trivial knowledge for future use!
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:31 - Jul 27 with 1655 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trivia Questions Thread on 10:47 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Be careful what you wish for and all that! Right, I’m reaching into the deepest recesses of my mind here. I’ve got one main question for the thread and a second, completely obscure, question which occurred to me during my research for the previous ‘hat-trick’ question, which involves a former QPR player I’d never previously heard of (bear with me).

So, the main question is this: name the five current EPL/EFL clubs (that’s Divisions 1,2,3 & 4 in old money) for whom the first and last letters in their (full) name are the same.

Question 2, for amusement only, is this: apart from Terry Venables, which ex-QPR player went on to manage a national side and what was the country (there may, of course, be more than one answer to this as I haven’t completely thought it through, but there’s one in particular I’m thinking of). We’ll leave it on the back burner for the time being but I’d be truly staggered if anyone gets it.


Whatever your future career plans are, taking over from Clive Myrie on Mastermind shouldn't be one of them!

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

2
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:33 - Jul 27 with 1650 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:21 - Jul 27 by Watford_Ranger

Schteve McLaren also.


Yes, managed Jamaica 2024/5 (and QPR, obvs) but never actually played for us, so doesn’t count I’m afraid!
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:51 - Jul 27 with 1609 viewsfrancisbowles

Trivia Questions Thread on 11:14 - Jul 27 by QPR_Hibs

Yes.

There is Celtic (nobody calls them Glasgow Celtic) and the mighty East Kilbride.


Their official name is Celtic FC a d the other lot are The Rangers FC. Glasgow isn't in their names.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:55 - Jul 27 with 1599 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ray Wilkins managed Jordan for a while.

Funnily enough I only know this as I was trying to convince my daughter this morning that we should call our prospective dog 'Ray' so went onto his Wiki page to show her how many games for England he'd played... and there it was.
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 12:55 - Jul 27 with 1598 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:31 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Whatever your future career plans are, taking over from Clive Myrie on Mastermind shouldn't be one of them!


I don’t think Mr. Myrie has too much to worry about. I’m just grateful to have had a full four minutes in the spotlight between posing my original question at 10.47 to Stowmarket answering it at 10.51.

I see you do me the honour of thinking I may have ‘future career plans’, Planet, which, though much appreciated, is quite possibly misplaced. Not sure I’ve ever had a ‘career plan’ in my life!
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 13:02 - Jul 27 with 1577 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:55 - Jul 27 by Padulas_Shampoo

Ray Wilkins managed Jordan for a while.

Funnily enough I only know this as I was trying to convince my daughter this morning that we should call our prospective dog 'Ray' so went onto his Wiki page to show her how many games for England he'd played... and there it was.


Amazing! Managed Jordan 2014/15 (I presume the country and not the ex-model!). Seems we’ve now got at least three, not including my one.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 13:02 - Jul 27 with 1575 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:31 - Jul 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Whatever your future career plans are, taking over from Clive Myrie on Mastermind shouldn't be one of them!


This made me giggle! I can't remember any MM host ever saying "well... yes but that's not the one I was thinking of"
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 13:41 - Jul 27 with 1484 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 12:03 - Jul 27 by NoDiddley

SPECTEMUR AGENDO
On the Hammersmith badge ?


Not according to the official QPR quiz book mate.Unless you can translate that into English for me.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 13:51 - Jul 27 with 1458 viewsNoDiddley

Trivia Questions Thread on 13:41 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Not according to the official QPR quiz book mate.Unless you can translate that into English for me.


Translates to
Let us be judged by our actions
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 14:23 - Jul 27 with 1411 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 13:51 - Jul 27 by NoDiddley

Translates to
Let us be judged by our actions


Alternatively, ‘Let us be seen in action’. Spectemur Agendo appears on another EFL club’s badge too, but I don’t want to over complicate matters!
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 14:50 - Jul 27 with 1362 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 13:51 - Jul 27 by NoDiddley

Translates to
Let us be judged by our actions


Acts according to the quiz book but that’s close enough.Your turn Stuart.I hope it’s not a peanut related question.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 15:11 - Jul 27 with 1318 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 14:50 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Acts according to the quiz book but that’s close enough.Your turn Stuart.I hope it’s not a peanut related question.


If it is, the answer’s Percy Dalton.
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 15:18 - Jul 27 with 1301 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 15:11 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

If it is, the answer’s Percy Dalton.


Wrong.It was how much did the peanut seller in the loft used to charge for a bag?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 15:21 - Jul 27 with 1288 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trivia Questions Thread on 13:02 - Jul 27 by TwoHalves

Amazing! Managed Jordan 2014/15 (I presume the country and not the ex-model!). Seems we’ve now got at least three, not including my one.


That bloke with the dodgy knees who managed us also managed Jordan!

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

0
Trivia Questions Thread on 17:05 - Jul 27 with 1199 viewsNoDiddley

Trivia Questions Thread on 14:50 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Acts according to the quiz book but that’s close enough.Your turn Stuart.I hope it’s not a peanut related question.


How many different flavour snacks have I put on our table over the last year.
I’ll start
Dry Roasted
Honey Roasted
Cashews
Your fav BBQ Pringles
Big John fav Pork Scratchings………
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 1142 viewsstowmarketrange

Trivia Questions Thread on 17:05 - Jul 27 by NoDiddley

How many different flavour snacks have I put on our table over the last year.
I’ll start
Dry Roasted
Honey Roasted
Cashews
Your fav BBQ Pringles
Big John fav Pork Scratchings………


Is that just the out of date ones?
0
Trivia Questions Thread on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 1127 viewsNoDiddley

Trivia Questions Thread on 17:59 - Jul 27 by stowmarketrange

Is that just the out of date ones?


1
Trivia Questions Thread on 21:50 - Jul 27 with 1016 viewsTomS

Ian Baraclough managed Norn Iron.
2
Trivia Questions Thread on 22:00 - Jul 27 with 993 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Trivia Questions Thread on 21:50 - Jul 27 by TomS

Ian Baraclough managed Norn Iron.


At this point it might actually be harder to think of a QPR player that hasn’t managed a national side!
1
Trivia Questions Thread on 22:02 - Jul 27 with 992 viewsTwoHalves

Trivia Questions Thread on 21:50 - Jul 27 by TomS

Ian Baraclough managed Norn Iron.


Excellent. That’s four, not including mine (I might have to think about putting everyone out of their misery soon!)
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026