Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry v Ferdinand 19:11 - Jul 9 with 3409 viewsCreepy

Ferdinand said: "He called me a c*** and I called him a c*** back and he gave me a gesture as if to say my breath smelled.

"I said to him, 'How can you call me a c***? You shagged your team-mate's missus, you're a c***'."

For the more mature members of the forum, Derek & Clive !!
Terry v Ferdinand on 19:14 - Jul 9 with 3397 viewsSuddenLad

Derek & Clive - without the humour or the personality.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terry v Ferdinand on 19:18 - Jul 9 with 3375 viewsArthurDaley

They are both right, Say Derek & Clive.

A large VAT Dave

Terry v Ferdinand on 20:28 - Jul 9 with 3291 viewsphomem

The intelligencia of British football
Terry v Ferdinand on 21:46 - Jul 9 with 3208 viewsD_Dale

Terry v Ferdinand on 20:28 - Jul 9 by phomem

The intelligencia of British football

The intelligence of those bringing the case.

A five-day trial, which the 'victim' Ferdinand says he doesn't want, and a maximum fine of £2500 (if Terry is convicted). After it, the lawyers involved will be able to afford a few more days on their expensive holidays, but otherwise what's the point?
Terry v Ferdinand on 22:11 - Jul 9 with 3171 viewsCreepy

Terry v Ferdinand on 21:46 - Jul 9 by D_Dale

The intelligence of those bringing the case.

A five-day trial, which the 'victim' Ferdinand says he doesn't want, and a maximum fine of £2500 (if Terry is convicted). After it, the lawyers involved will be able to afford a few more days on their expensive holidays, but otherwise what's the point?

My thought's exactly. A complete and utter waste of time and money
Terry v Ferdinand on 01:03 - Jul 10 with 3094 viewsDiddyDave

Same as the Evra case,utter bollox,what happens on the park should stay on the park,but I`m forgetting that most footballers these days are cry babies anyway. As has been previously stated,it`s only the lawyers who`ll make any dosh out of this load of codswallop,but for top footballers like Terry and Co,it`ll be no more than the cost of a night out in the West End that he might have to shell out for.
Terry v Ferdinand on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 3018 viewsSuddenLad

The £2,500 fine (if guilty) is indeed paltry and makes a mockery of the expense of bringing the case to court.

However, the bigger issue (for Terry) is the effect a guilty verdict would have on his career and future private life. His England career would almost certainly be over and he would forever carry the stigma of being a convicted racist. Whether or not Roman Abramovich would want the public Chelsea image associated with that kind of negative publicity remains to be seen.

If there is a conviction, I expect a lengthy and expensive appeal.

Terry v Ferdinand on 10:55 - Jul 10 with 2972 viewsMorden

Terry v Ferdinand on 01:03 - Jul 10 by DiddyDave

Same as the Evra case,utter bollox,what happens on the park should stay on the park,but I`m forgetting that most footballers these days are cry babies anyway. As has been previously stated,it`s only the lawyers who`ll make any dosh out of this load of codswallop,but for top footballers like Terry and Co,it`ll be no more than the cost of a night out in the West End that he might have to shell out for.

I reckon it's meant to affect what happens on the park. Maximise the pressure on your opponent, sort of thing
Login to get fewer ads

Terry v Ferdinand on 06:35 - Jul 13 with 2761 viewsColDale

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/john-terry-trial-please-please-please-could
Terry v Ferdinand on 07:07 - Jul 13 with 2751 viewsDiddyDave

Terry v Ferdinand on 06:35 - Jul 13 by ColDale

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/john-terry-trial-please-please-please-could

Yep,that just emphasises what a joke the whole thing is.
Terry v Ferdinand on 07:50 - Jul 13 with 2729 viewsphomem

Terry v Ferdinand on 07:07 - Jul 13 by DiddyDave

Yep,that just emphasises what a joke the whole thing is.

The most intelligent footballer in existence!
Terry v Ferdinand on 14:26 - Jul 13 with 2599 viewsD_Dale

Well, maybe technically 'innocent', but the stain will stick, and his legal costs will be huge - almost a week's wages probably.

Then there's likely to be the FA's involvement.

But it is a bit odd: call someone a f------- c---, language not acceptable to most people (as well as being literally meaningless) and you'll probably get away with it. Include the factual and generally acceptable word 'black' and you'll probably end up in court.
Terry v Ferdinand on 14:44 - Jul 13 with 2574 viewsSandyman

Not Guilty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18827915
Terry v Ferdinand on 14:53 - Jul 13 with 2562 viewsSuddenLad

Terry v Ferdinand on 14:26 - Jul 13 by D_Dale

Well, maybe technically 'innocent', but the stain will stick, and his legal costs will be huge - almost a week's wages probably.

Then there's likely to be the FA's involvement.

But it is a bit odd: call someone a f------- c---, language not acceptable to most people (as well as being literally meaningless) and you'll probably get away with it. Include the factual and generally acceptable word 'black' and you'll probably end up in court.

The irony is, that if Terry had uttered those words whilst a spectator at a match, he would probably have been arrested under the Public Order Act and charged with the relevant offence.

Now, the supporters and armchair viewers are told by a select group of players giving evidence, that this kind of talk is in 'common usage' during the game and it's nothing unusual for players to talk in those terms to opponents.

Over to you, the Football Association - guardians of the game. Let's see how you deal with it.

Terry v Ferdinand on 15:15 - Jul 13 with 2526 viewsolympicdale

Terry v Ferdinand on 14:44 - Jul 13 by Sandyman

Not Guilty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18827915

guess that'll be it then, people will forgive him, you know how kind opposing fans can be after all.

Life is a game of fate.

Terry v Ferdinand on 15:37 - Jul 13 with 2503 viewssandylaner1

reaction to the verdict

Terry v Ferdinand on 17:34 - Jul 13 with 2453 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Terry v Ferdinand on 15:37 - Jul 13 by sandylaner1

reaction to the verdict

Waste of time - I have heard far worse things said to me and others on a football pitch - Sure Ferdinand has heard worse as well.

Was never going to be proven beyond doubt from the word go - you tube is hardly going to prove beyond doubt.

Can I call Rio a drugs test cheating lying C**t - or would that be liable/slander.

Or can anyone say anything if it does not include the word Black?

If an Aussie calls me a Pommie can I sue them for Racism.

Yes playing Devils Advocate - but....

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Terry v Ferdinand on 10:29 - Jul 14 with 2362 viewsmightydale

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=250580072

I wondered how longed it would take them

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Terry v Ferdinand on 10:35 - Jul 14 with 2357 views442Dale

Terry v Ferdinand on 10:29 - Jul 14 by mightydale

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=250580072

I wondered how longed it would take them

To do their job?

He's brought the game into disrepute and can therefore expect the FA to act. Whether he's found guilty of that charge once the case is heard is another matter entirely.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024