Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1600 for spurs!!! 22:38 - Sep 3 with 9786 viewsLoyalR

Do the club really have any idea what is going on, this really is a joke!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
1600 for spurs!!! on 22:42 - Sep 3 with 4679 viewsDaiHo0p

Can you get me a ticket?
1600 for spurs!!! on 22:46 - Sep 3 with 4654 viewsLoyalR

1600 for spurs!!! on 22:42 - Sep 3 by DaiHo0p

Can you get me a ticket?

1600 for spurs!!! on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 4633 viewsNorthernr

1 - There's already a discussion about this here
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=62773#23

2 - Exactly one month ago there was a thread on here saying that we should all e-mail the club about Norwich. Tell the club that we want the bigger allocation at Norwich. We're sick of the small allocation at Norwich let's tell the club that the small allocation at Norwich is ridiculous and we want the bigger allocation at Norwich. We'll take fcking thousands to Norwich, tell the club you're going to Norwich.

And do you know what the club did? They took the bigger allocation. And do you know what happened next? No fcker went which means our club will have been out of pocket paying for the tickets that didn't sell.

So let's bear that in mind before we start asking if the club knows what's going on shall we? 1,600 is about right IMO.
1600 for spurs!!! on 22:53 - Sep 3 with 4623 viewsDaiHo0p

1600 for spurs!!! on 22:52 - Sep 3 by Northernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=62773#23

2 - Exactly one month ago there was a thread on here saying that we should all e-mail the club about Norwich. Tell the club that we want the bigger allocation at Norwich. We're sick of the small allocation at Norwich let's tell the club that the small allocation at Norwich is ridiculous and we want the bigger allocation at Norwich. We'll take fcking thousands to Norwich, tell the club you're going to Norwich.

And do you know what the club did? They took the bigger allocation. And do you know what happened next? No fcker went which means our club will have been out of pocket paying for the tickets that didn't sell.

So let's bear that in mind before we start asking if the club knows what's going on shall we? 1,600 is about right IMO.

So long as Aunt Nelly don't beat me to one..
1600 for spurs!!! on 22:55 - Sep 3 with 4622 viewsWokingR

Exactly,
Enough people must have registered an interest in going to Man City that the club took the full allocation.
And then only 900 of us turned up
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:08 - Sep 3 with 4584 viewsNathanNI

Actually yes, the club do have an idea what is going on as they asked fans to register their interest. So I assume they've taken the allocation closest to that number.

Can't blame them really.

I'll be grabbing mine 2nd round
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:11 - Sep 3 with 4572 viewsNorthernr

QPR fans seem to have this chip on their shoulder about attendances. The simple fact is we're not that well supported. We're playing Chelsea next Saturday - 3pm, at home, local derby, exciting new signings, not on television, not near Christmas, not in holiday period, not in a big run of home matches forcing the hard up to pick and choose which game to go to. Guess what? Not sold out yet. It will be of course, but tickets for that have been on sale for more than a week now. If there was this huge groundswell of support for QPR a Saturday 3pm September non-televised home match with Chelsea would sell out in half a day tops. We're only selling about 4,000 seats for it FFS once you take off the away fans and season ticket holders.

The fact is we are a middle of the road club with a middle of the road level of support. Sure, get on a good cup run or into a good league position and interest grows, get to a play off final and we can maybe mobilise 30,000, get to the cup final and we'd probably find 40,000 from somewhere. But basically our home fans attendance has remained constant between 10,000 and and 15,000 for more than 10 years now regardless. Most of our home games now make general sale despite being in the Premiership, signing all these players and, like I say, only having about 4,000 seats to shift.

At the start of last season we had a game at Everton which was our first Premiership away game for 15 years and we couldn't sell more than 1,500 tickets for it. I mentioned this repeatedly on threads like this last season and was told that it was because Flavio was in situ, the team was crap etc.

Last week we go to Norwich which is two hours and £12 away by train, with an air of optimism around the place, new signing, new owner etc and we couldn't sell our allocation of 2,000 tickets. I was told this was because the tickets were £45. Well at Spurs it's £41, and it's on a Sunday in a part of London that's an ars to get to.

2,000 would have been ideal but it's not possible with the way the away end is set out so 1,600 is about right because...
1 - We're not as well supported as we make out.
2 - I know a load of Rangers fans who did almost every away game last year and will do less than half this year, simply because they saw last year as a one off after promotion. Expect us to take less to almost every away game this year than we did last unless the team really starts to fire.
3 - In tough economic times people cannot afford to be paying £41 to go to Tottenham and £45 to go to Norwich.

And even if it's not right, can't blame the club for airing on the side of caution given the amount of fans we've taken to our two away matches so far and the cost we will have incurred because of that.
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:14 - Sep 3 with 4552 viewsPommyhoop

1600 for spurs!!! on 23:11 - Sep 3 by Northernr

QPR fans seem to have this chip on their shoulder about attendances. The simple fact is we're not that well supported. We're playing Chelsea next Saturday - 3pm, at home, local derby, exciting new signings, not on television, not near Christmas, not in holiday period, not in a big run of home matches forcing the hard up to pick and choose which game to go to. Guess what? Not sold out yet. It will be of course, but tickets for that have been on sale for more than a week now. If there was this huge groundswell of support for QPR a Saturday 3pm September non-televised home match with Chelsea would sell out in half a day tops. We're only selling about 4,000 seats for it FFS once you take off the away fans and season ticket holders.

The fact is we are a middle of the road club with a middle of the road level of support. Sure, get on a good cup run or into a good league position and interest grows, get to a play off final and we can maybe mobilise 30,000, get to the cup final and we'd probably find 40,000 from somewhere. But basically our home fans attendance has remained constant between 10,000 and and 15,000 for more than 10 years now regardless. Most of our home games now make general sale despite being in the Premiership, signing all these players and, like I say, only having about 4,000 seats to shift.

At the start of last season we had a game at Everton which was our first Premiership away game for 15 years and we couldn't sell more than 1,500 tickets for it. I mentioned this repeatedly on threads like this last season and was told that it was because Flavio was in situ, the team was crap etc.

Last week we go to Norwich which is two hours and £12 away by train, with an air of optimism around the place, new signing, new owner etc and we couldn't sell our allocation of 2,000 tickets. I was told this was because the tickets were £45. Well at Spurs it's £41, and it's on a Sunday in a part of London that's an ars to get to.

2,000 would have been ideal but it's not possible with the way the away end is set out so 1,600 is about right because...
2 - I know a load of Rangers fans who did almost every away game last year and will do less than half this year, simply because they saw last year as a one off after promotion. Expect us to take less to almost every away game this year than we did last unless the team really starts to fire.
3 - In tough economic times people cannot afford to be paying £41 to go to Tottenham and £45 to go to Norwich.

And even if it's not right, can't blame the club for airing on the side of caution given the amount of fans we've taken to our two away matches so far and the cost we will have incurred because of that.

Your right .
Answer ..Build a 45000 stadium..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

1600 for spurs!!! on 23:19 - Sep 3 with 4530 viewsSonofNorfolt

Slightly wrong Clive.
We sold nearly all of out 2400 at Norwich last week.

As for Spurs, if we sell all the tier that they have given us, then we'll be allocated the other.
1600 for spurs!!! on 00:46 - Sep 4 with 4430 viewsHollowayRanger

1st season back in prem and many fans want to be there hell could be another 15 years before we get the chance again

now 2nd season for some its been there done that ,£100 a shot as an average for tickets travel food is a heck of a lot for many who just cant afford it now

hell i couldnt even be bothered going to watch the cup game for £15

MAN CITY was always going be a small gate as well all went last time just a couple of months back and very few of us expected anything but a massace this time round

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

1600 for spurs!!! on 06:40 - Sep 4 with 4350 viewssmegma

If the club don't think we'll sell out the bigger allocation for a game across the other side of London , then as the original post reckons ,THEY DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON !!!
1600 for spurs!!! on 07:58 - Sep 4 with 4274 viewsVish

I'm with you all the way on the Everton tickets last year. I was so adamant we'd sell that out, i actually rang the box office to ask them how they'd release tickets (no loyalty points carried over). At that time they weren't sure. I already had my train tickets in advance, and I was genuinely worried I wouldnt get match tickets. When we can't sell out our lower allocation, first away game in the Premiership, it really shows we are that middle of the road club.

I also fully agree with the club on the lower allocation for Spurs.

Whilst i'm here, train tickets for Man U away have now been released if anyone wants to get the cheapest fares (although they're not that cheap!), before all the cockney reds snap them up.
1600 for spurs!!! on 08:16 - Sep 4 with 4236 viewswombat

1600 for spurs!!! on 07:58 - Sep 4 by Vish

I'm with you all the way on the Everton tickets last year. I was so adamant we'd sell that out, i actually rang the box office to ask them how they'd release tickets (no loyalty points carried over). At that time they weren't sure. I already had my train tickets in advance, and I was genuinely worried I wouldnt get match tickets. When we can't sell out our lower allocation, first away game in the Premiership, it really shows we are that middle of the road club.

I also fully agree with the club on the lower allocation for Spurs.

Whilst i'm here, train tickets for Man U away have now been released if anyone wants to get the cheapest fares (although they're not that cheap!), before all the cockney reds snap them up.

whats the best website for the man u tickets clive ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

1600 for spurs!!! on 09:09 - Sep 4 with 4146 viewsrichranger

It works the same for clubs coming to HQ too. The official attendance at the Swansea game was over 18,000, ie a sell out. However there were hundreds of empty seats in the Swansea end. Swansea must have bought the full allocation for the School end and got left with loads of unused tickets.
1600 for spurs!!! on 09:26 - Sep 4 with 4109 viewsRangersw12

Why is 1500 so bad for Everton ? 10% of our home support and I'm sure clubs like Stoke , Wigan and Fulham would love to take that on average to away games

As for Man City easily about 1400 (don't understand where you got 900 from) and Norwich was decent as well at over 2k , I bet a lot of teams in this league take less than that

I would rather take our natural support than have sold out away ends with jester hat wearing idiots
1600 for spurs!!! on 10:10 - Sep 4 with 4029 viewsnadera78

I had an email exchange with the club box office manager over the away allocation given to Swansea. She repeatedly insisted the club had to offer the full amount of 3,100 and it was up to Swansea to say if they wanted it or not. When I then gave her the quote and source from the PL Handbook regarding 10% or 3,000 tickets she stopped replying to me. For me, there's no reason whatsoever to give any visiting team 17% of our entire capacity.

As to our away support, like most people I make the games I can. I don't have the money for any more than that. Having said that, I think the club should automatically take the full allocation for all London games, and settle for the lower amount for other trips.
1600 for spurs!!! on 10:18 - Sep 4 with 4009 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 23:19 - Sep 3 by SonofNorfolt

Slightly wrong Clive.
We sold nearly all of out 2400 at Norwich last week.

As for Spurs, if we sell all the tier that they have given us, then we'll be allocated the other.

There were 400 seats at least in that away end. We had our pick down the front and had a row to ourselves with an empty row in front. It was sparse.
1600 for spurs!!! on 10:20 - Sep 4 with 4000 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 09:26 - Sep 4 by Rangersw12

Why is 1500 so bad for Everton ? 10% of our home support and I'm sure clubs like Stoke , Wigan and Fulham would love to take that on average to away games

As for Man City easily about 1400 (don't understand where you got 900 from) and Norwich was decent as well at over 2k , I bet a lot of teams in this league take less than that

I would rather take our natural support than have sold out away ends with jester hat wearing idiots

If we had 1,400 at Man City on Saturday I'm a china man. We had one block in the lower tier and it wasn't full. Upstairs, again, we were surrounded by empty seats.
1600 for spurs!!! on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 3995 viewssmegma

1600 for spurs!!! on 10:10 - Sep 4 by nadera78

I had an email exchange with the club box office manager over the away allocation given to Swansea. She repeatedly insisted the club had to offer the full amount of 3,100 and it was up to Swansea to say if they wanted it or not. When I then gave her the quote and source from the PL Handbook regarding 10% or 3,000 tickets she stopped replying to me. For me, there's no reason whatsoever to give any visiting team 17% of our entire capacity.

As to our away support, like most people I make the games I can. I don't have the money for any more than that. Having said that, I think the club should automatically take the full allocation for all London games, and settle for the lower amount for other trips.

"When I then gave her the quote and source from the PL Handbook regarding 10% or 3,000 tickets she stopped replying to me"

Its how the staff in the Box Office work. When you come up with facts or points in the clubs own Customer Charter that they don't adhere to , they stop replying to any emails.They couldn't give a flying one about any of us anymore.
1600 for spurs!!! on 10:51 - Sep 4 with 3954 viewsbenbu

I guess in some cases it can be difficult for the club to guess the right amount of tickets to go for. Norwich I would have taken the full allocation even at £45 a ticket and it proved right with over 2000+ Rangers fans attending the game. Remember this is the fixture both sides have played the most, so Carrow Road isnt a new experience for most, over BH weekend also. Man City however, 1000 would have been spot on. We were never going to fill 3000+ on a saturday 5.30 game on ESPN 200 miles up north and the club got this wrong. Spurs also I believe they have got very wrong for a London derby. 1600 isnt big enough at £41 a ticket. We would have been nearer 3000 than 1600 if the tickets would have been available. Most supporters would have jumped on the tube for under a fiver and at £41 for a derby game ticket would have been expected.

I do agree that examples last year (everton away) where we only had 1500 supporters may make the club opt for the lower allocation, but dont feel common sense was used for a london derby fixture here. The club should look at each fixture individually not look at only 1000 were sold for City, so thats all we will need for Spurs, just isnt the case.
1600 for spurs!!! on 11:03 - Sep 4 with 3924 viewsnadera78

The problem in situations like this is that the club lacks senior employees who have a history and knowledge of QPR and our fanbase. That's because Paladini got rid of anyone with long-standing connections to the club because they were a threat to his power grabbing and manipulation. This was all re-inforced by Briatore's reign.

The result is that the club doesn't really understand us and we get some odd decisions. This is where the OSC should be stepping in and advising the club.
1600 for spurs!!! on 11:12 - Sep 4 with 3909 viewsrrrspricey

1600 for spurs!!! on 10:51 - Sep 4 by benbu

I guess in some cases it can be difficult for the club to guess the right amount of tickets to go for. Norwich I would have taken the full allocation even at £45 a ticket and it proved right with over 2000+ Rangers fans attending the game. Remember this is the fixture both sides have played the most, so Carrow Road isnt a new experience for most, over BH weekend also. Man City however, 1000 would have been spot on. We were never going to fill 3000+ on a saturday 5.30 game on ESPN 200 miles up north and the club got this wrong. Spurs also I believe they have got very wrong for a London derby. 1600 isnt big enough at £41 a ticket. We would have been nearer 3000 than 1600 if the tickets would have been available. Most supporters would have jumped on the tube for under a fiver and at £41 for a derby game ticket would have been expected.

I do agree that examples last year (everton away) where we only had 1500 supporters may make the club opt for the lower allocation, but dont feel common sense was used for a london derby fixture here. The club should look at each fixture individually not look at only 1000 were sold for City, so thats all we will need for Spurs, just isnt the case.

/ this

Saturday evening is normally family time for the Price household as it’s pretty much the only time in the week we’re all together so for me it’s not always just a monetary thing that prevents people from attending away games it’s the time too

For example, I went to Naaarich via the quickest method possible, driving to Diss then hopping on the train from there. This means on the way home was back at Diss just before 6 then faced with a 2 ¼ hour drive meaning I don’t get back until about 8:15 and by the time I’ve had a shower & something to eat it’s 9 o’clock.

Consequently, away days any further than Naaarich on a Saturday afternoon severely eat into this time. However, London derbys are fine a they take no longer than a home game to get back from.
1600 for spurs!!! on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 3769 viewsYorkRanger

I have to say I have played out opposing views with Clive on ticket allocation before but its hard to disagree with him here. From the club's perspective, having been lumbered with the cost of probably about 400 tickets for Norwich away and probably about 1750 for Man City, why would they take a chance on Spurs away - they will not gain anything financially from how many QPR supporters are in the crowd.

I do agree that we would sell 3000 tickets for this, but the club have had their fingers burnt twice so why risk it again. As Son of Northolt said earlier, if the tickets sell out fast there is always a chance to take the further allocation.

I'm confident that I'll get a ticket at Sunderland away on a Tuesday night in November whatever the allocation
1600 for spurs!!! on 14:56 - Sep 4 with 3643 viewsfinney

We took 2400 or so to Norwich City so we ask for 1600 Vs Spurs nah do not get that.
City was always going to be a hard sell due to many reasons.
To ask for 2800 at City and 1600 at Spurs is moronic of the highest order
1600 for spurs!!! on 14:59 - Sep 4 with 3634 viewsfinney

Also if the club can pay keeper 50k a week to sit on the bench then it can not moan about losing money on tickets.
when common sense tells you that Spurs will sell out Man City won't
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024