Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 28473 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 with 2909 viewsRangersw12

Remy arrested? on 12:12 - May 15 by daveB

not charged with anything but he is named in all the papers, this country is a joke at the moment, why can't they just keep these famous people's name out of the stories until after the case has been heard.

End of the day a high profile footballer being arrested on suspicion of rape is news
Remy arrested? on 12:23 - May 15 with 2882 viewsWestbourneR

Whatever the result it's still an absolute sh1tstorm. I'm sorry we are definitely cursed, it's just unbelieveable.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Remy arrested? on 12:23 - May 15 with 2881 viewsTGRRRSSS

Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 by Rangersw12

End of the day a high profile footballer being arrested on suspicion of rape is news

Thats not the point he's making.
Remy arrested? on 12:24 - May 15 with 2867 viewsdaveB

Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 by Rangersw12

it's news if he gets charged but why should his name be published before he has a chance to prove his guilt or innocence. Doesn't seem fair to me and feel the same about all this celebrity sex cases going on at the moment.

If he gets released today without charge he's still going to be tainted as a rapist and that doesn't seem fair to me
Remy arrested? on 12:24 - May 15 with 2861 viewsthame_hoops

Remy arrested? on 12:23 - May 15 by TGRRRSSS

Thats not the point he's making.

exactly. the victim gets immediate annomonity (sp?)
Remy arrested? on 12:25 - May 15 with 2859 viewsJigsore

Oh wow, what next? Rob Green is an international diamond thief? Shaun Wright-Phillips is a conman and has been posing as a footballer for the last 2 years? wait...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Remy arrested? on 12:25 - May 15 with 2857 viewsHantsR

Remy arrested? on 12:19 - May 15 by tinhead

Wonder who the other 2 people involved were?

Cousin and friend - allegedly
Remy arrested? on 12:26 - May 15 with 2841 viewssimmo

not charged with anything but he is named in all the papers, this country is a joke at the moment, why can't they just keep these famous people's name out of the stories until after the case has been heard.

It shouldnt just be famous people Dave, it should be anybody. ESPECIALLY for inflammatory accusations such as rape and noncery. People are tried by association and some never recover, all because somebody makes an accusation that could turn out to be rubbish.

That said, if he is found guilty, I hope the club sack him. I dont care how many goals he will score, if its proven he's a rapist then he's not welcome (that should go without saying).

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 12:34 - May 15 with 2780 viewsJuzzie

Shouldn't be just famous peopel, should be everybody.

When this subject crops up, I always refer back to the case many years ago where a student had a one night stand during freshers week.

The girl cried rape and the lad was arrested and his identity splattered all over the news. Hers was kept anonymous 'for legal reasons'. Why just hers.... why not his too until a verdict is made?

His studies, his reputation, his life was in tatters as they waited 18 months for the Court case then literally the day before the case she confessed to a Lecturer that she made it up as she didn't want people thinking she was a slapper.

The case was thrown out but his career and his life was in tatters. Yet her identity was still kept hidden 'for legal reasons'. She should have been named and shamed.

I've just done a bit of googling to see if I could find the case and was gobsmacked at the amount of stuff that came up where woman had cried rape.

This, of course, put those that were genuinely raped in a very difficult position.

Remy arrested? on 12:36 - May 15 with 2751 viewsnadera78

Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 by Hayesender

Now I'm in no way whatsoever condoning rape, but what do these stupid women think their gonna be expected to do when they go back with rich footballers to their homes/hotels?

Play f@#king monopoly!!

I'm assuming that whatever she was expecting didn't include being drugged and raped by three men.
Remy arrested? on 12:39 - May 15 with 2710 viewsWanderR

The current government were talking about granting anonymity to both the victim and the accused in cases like this, but then decided against it for some unknown reason.

Current location: OX10

Remy arrested? on 12:39 - May 15 with 2705 viewss1cRanger

Well thats £8million down the drain rotting in prison then. Scumbag if true.

Hope it isnt true obv. Best player we have had at LR for a long time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Remy arrested? on 12:40 - May 15 with 2694 viewsGloucs_R

Remy arrested? on 12:36 - May 15 by nadera78

I'm assuming that whatever she was expecting didn't include being drugged and raped by three men.

drugged?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remy arrested? on 12:40 - May 15 with 2692 viewsWanderR

Now on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22537941

Current location: OX10

Remy arrested? on 12:42 - May 15 with 2666 viewsNorthernr

He shouldn't play for us until the investigation is over. If he's charged he should be suspended without pay. If he's found guilty he should be sacked immediately. If he's found innocent he should receive his back pay and the suspension should end.

Please, please, please let's not fall into the fcking Liverpool and Chelsea trap of standing by our man and hiding behind 'innocent until proven guilty' simply because he's a good footballer and a sellable asset. He should not play for us at all until this is sorted one way or another.
Remy arrested? on 12:43 - May 15 with 2507 viewsMoonshineSteve

If true then am a bit more concerned that a woman's life has been so badly affected than by our transfer fee.

Agree re anonymity.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Remy arrested? on 12:44 - May 15 with 2486 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Why can't we just be a 'normal' club without us being in the news every other week.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Remy arrested? on 12:44 - May 15 with 2479 viewsJAPRANGERS

Absolutely disgusted if true. Sincerely hope this is not true.
Remy arrested? on 12:45 - May 15 with 2473 viewsthemodfather

Remy arrested? on 12:43 - May 15 by MoonshineSteve

If true then am a bit more concerned that a woman's life has been so badly affected than by our transfer fee.

Agree re anonymity.

shocking....all we need right now
innocent til proved guilty but the "story" as it is is damaging enough.
players have too much time on their hands
Remy arrested? on 12:47 - May 15 with 2446 viewsLennyJam

arry will be down to the 'bare bones' this weekend
Remy arrested? on 12:48 - May 15 with 2430 viewsblacky200

Remy arrested? on 12:42 - May 15 by Northernr

He shouldn't play for us until the investigation is over. If he's charged he should be suspended without pay. If he's found guilty he should be sacked immediately. If he's found innocent he should receive his back pay and the suspension should end.

Please, please, please let's not fall into the fcking Liverpool and Chelsea trap of standing by our man and hiding behind 'innocent until proven guilty' simply because he's a good footballer and a sellable asset. He should not play for us at all until this is sorted one way or another.

To be fair I am not saying innocent till proven guilty because he is a QPR player. As others have already said many of these cases hang around a person even if found not guilty. Personally if it happened to me I would rather people think the best than the worse of me and give me the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise.
Remy arrested? on 12:48 - May 15 with 2430 viewsJAPRANGERS

Remy arrested? on 12:47 - May 15 by LennyJam

arry will be down to the 'bare bones' this weekend

Agyemang is available again
Remy arrested? on 12:48 - May 15 with 2422 viewsdaveB

the club should wait to see if he is charged first, if he is then suspend him but very much doubt we can get away with not paying him before he has a trial. The club will have to stand by him though unless he admits it.

If he's guilty he deserves all he gets but for me having his name and the details of the case published before he's even been charged seems a tad unfair.
Remy arrested? on 12:50 - May 15 with 2403 viewsTW_R

I guess the best scenario for us is he is charged by the police, thus putting off any potential buyers, with the charges being dropped at some point on or after 1st September 2013.

Infact, maybe this is something Harry has come up with......
Remy arrested? on 12:51 - May 15 with 2389 viewsRangersw12

Totally agree

Will the club have balls to do it though !

Also was Ched Evans suspended whilst waiting for trial ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024