Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 28472 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 13:39 - May 15 with 2325 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 13:35 - May 15 by QPRDave

The law should be changed anonymous until proven guilty....

I do agree with that. People still sing the stuff at RVP and he was found innocent IIRC.
Remy arrested? on 13:44 - May 15 with 2275 viewssmegma

And some of our divs were abusing Wenger last week when it was a rumour started on the internet by two Spurs fans about 15 years ago.
Remy arrested? on 13:46 - May 15 with 2253 viewsN12Hoop

Remy arrested? on 13:33 - May 15 by PhilmyRs

Had a win at Liverpool been enough to secure promotion would you have argued for the same course of action? Right now we have nothing to play and so if charged, suspension is the honourable thing to do. However, I wonder what the general vibe would be if we could still stay up and our best player was accussed of rape. Would we all be so self-righteous in how we should act?

If I’m honest I’m not sure where I stand on this. If guilty the guy should be sacked by the club and punished by the law. Whilst not charged however, and in theory hasn’t committed a crime, is it right that we stop him from working?

I agree with you. At the moment he hasn't been charged with anything.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Remy arrested? on 13:47 - May 15 with 2248 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 12:12 - May 15 by daveB

not charged with anything but he is named in all the papers, this country is a joke at the moment, why can't they just keep these famous people's name out of the stories until after the case has been heard.

yeah. protect the famous people! That worked so well in the 70s!
Oh, wait.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 13:48 - May 15 with 2244 viewsQPRDave

Remy arrested? on 13:39 - May 15 by Northernr

I do agree with that. People still sing the stuff at RVP and he was found innocent IIRC.

These type of cases need this North.
Remy arrested? on 13:49 - May 15 with 2258 viewsKevinPR

Remy arrested? on 13:47 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

Oh, wait.

Protect them? What planet are you on?
Remy arrested? on 13:55 - May 15 with 2211 viewsA40Bosh

Oh, wait.

That is not a fair comeback.
Loic Remy has been arrested for rape and it is immediately put in the public domain.

It is not the same thing as the BBC appearing to turn a blind eye to the sick actions of Jimmy Saville and his mates back in the 1970s.

If you accept that RVP was rightly found innocent, then because it was out in the open he will always be tainted by it as we know. Had this not come to light and he was totally innocent then he would not endure that abuse to this day - and I don't see a difference in whether he is on 200K a week or 50K a year decides whether it is fair for him to be subjected to it.

If Remy is charged, tried and then acquitted, people will always remember him for it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Remy arrested? on 13:55 - May 15 with 2203 viewsdaveB

Remy arrested? on 13:06 - May 15 by Northernr

He shouldn't play on Sunday while we wait and see if he's charged. If he is charged he should be suspended.

i agree with that and very much doubt he will play now
Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 13:57 - May 15 with 2183 viewsdaveB

Oh, wait.

i didn't mean just famous people but those from the 70's who have all been named and shamed only one of them has actually been charged with anything
Remy arrested? on 13:58 - May 15 with 2177 viewsCliff

Remy arrested? on 13:55 - May 15 by A40Bosh

Loic Remy has been arrested for rape and it is immediately put in the public domain.

It is not the same thing as the BBC appearing to turn a blind eye to the sick actions of Jimmy Saville and his mates back in the 1970s.

If you accept that RVP was rightly found innocent, then because it was out in the open he will always be tainted by it as we know. Had this not come to light and he was totally innocent then he would not endure that abuse to this day - and I don't see a difference in whether he is on 200K a week or 50K a year decides whether it is fair for him to be subjected to it.

If Remy is charged, tried and then acquitted, people will always remember him for it.

If anyone is charged and tried, whether they are acquitted or not the accusation will be in the public domain. All trials in this country are open and public.
Remy arrested? on 14:02 - May 15 with 2145 viewsballbag

Oh joy.
Remy arrested? on 14:03 - May 15 with 2140 viewsA40Bosh

Remy arrested? on 13:58 - May 15 by Cliff

If anyone is charged and tried, whether they are acquitted or not the accusation will be in the public domain. All trials in this country are open and public.

Cliff, yes you are right of course. I should have stated that Remy's name is already in the press even though he has only been arrested on Monday on suspicion of rape and is still being questioned (unless things have moved on in the last few hours) and not actually charged of anything.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Remy arrested? on 14:08 - May 15 with 2109 viewsPhildo

Remy arrested? on 13:57 - May 15 by daveB

i didn't mean just famous people but those from the 70's who have all been named and shamed only one of them has actually been charged with anything

The bloke who was cleared yesterday released a statement saying he was elderly, had lost his wife and son in recent years, has lived under siege for the last few months etc - police issued a statement saying they had not even bothered to refer the evidence to the CPS i.e. it was so flimsy. But his name has been toileted and there will still be people on twitter etc saying no smoke without fire. Cant be right can it?
Remy arrested? on 14:11 - May 15 with 2090 viewsbosh67

Yes, this whole business of naming people before actually being charged is ridiculous.

Hopefully he's innocent.

Let's hope the other 2 arrested aren't related to the club as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Remy arrested? on 14:24 - May 15 with 2020 viewsthemodfather

Remy arrested? on 14:11 - May 15 by bosh67

Yes, this whole business of naming people before actually being charged is ridiculous.

Hopefully he's innocent.

well my mind now thinks
THE CLUB did not hold a POTY event through worries fans may be unhappy and "have a go" at players
then this news breaks???

how many of these "high profile" cases never get to court? robinho? ribery?
Remy arrested? on 14:28 - May 15 with 1997 viewswombat

Remy arrested? on 14:11 - May 15 by bosh67

Hopefully he's innocent.

In this sort of crime the victim remains anoymous rightly so but the alleged person isnt ? thats wrong as has been said before once the mud is flung it sticks guilty or not both the victim and the alleged person should have the same rights to be kept secret until the trial has happened.

being accused of something like this can destroy the person alleged to have done it being famous dosnt make a difference it still affects peoples lives massively until the cps decides to take it to court or throws the case out

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Remy arrested? on 14:37 - May 15 with 1951 viewsingeminate

He should be allowed to play until charged and then be suspended if charged. Preventing him from doing his job before the police have decided whether or not to charge him is just the wrong thing to do - he will not be any danger to anyone while playing football for 90 minutes in full view.

Until he's charged it is unfair to presume anything - also I would hazard a guess that rape cases involving premiership footballers buck the trend statistically when it comes to false claims due to all the ensuing money, magazine deals etc - though should say that with nothing in the press as of yet this may not be at all relevant in this case.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Remy arrested? on 14:46 - May 15 with 1912 viewsQPRDave

Remy arrested? on 14:28 - May 15 by wombat

In this sort of crime the victim remains anoymous rightly so but the alleged person isnt ? thats wrong as has been said before once the mud is flung it sticks guilty or not both the victim and the alleged person should have the same rights to be kept secret until the trial has happened.

being accused of something like this can destroy the person alleged to have done it being famous dosnt make a difference it still affects peoples lives massively until the cps decides to take it to court or throws the case out

My view too Wombat....I don't think the accused should be named even if charged.
I think it should be after the court verdict.
Now i know someone said the other day that by naming these accused makes victims come forward but surely a victim would come forward anyway if they want something done ?
Remy arrested? on 14:51 - May 15 with 1883 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 12:34 - May 15 by Juzzie

Shouldn't be just famous peopel, should be everybody.

When this subject crops up, I always refer back to the case many years ago where a student had a one night stand during freshers week.

The girl cried rape and the lad was arrested and his identity splattered all over the news. Hers was kept anonymous 'for legal reasons'. Why just hers.... why not his too until a verdict is made?

His studies, his reputation, his life was in tatters as they waited 18 months for the Court case then literally the day before the case she confessed to a Lecturer that she made it up as she didn't want people thinking she was a slapper.

The case was thrown out but his career and his life was in tatters. Yet her identity was still kept hidden 'for legal reasons'. She should have been named and shamed.

I've just done a bit of googling to see if I could find the case and was gobsmacked at the amount of stuff that came up where woman had cried rape.

This, of course, put those that were genuinely raped in a very difficult position.

Yes. But I guarantee the women who didn't 'cry rape' (a pretty disgusting phrase as it is) but were raped, but were too afraid to come forward because of the hell they go through in court only to find that overwhelming majority of cases are lost, substantially outweigh those where the woman is genuinely lying. Of course, I'm really sorry for that guy whose life was ruined - don't get me wrong - that is tragic.

The comment from another poster about 'what did the woman expect' makes me sick to my stomach. Lazy, sexist, offensive bullsh!t.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 14:52 - May 15 with 1881 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 13:03 - May 15 by robith

Whilst yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, the amount of false accusation in rape cases are a minutely small percentage. Of that percentage half of the incorrect accusations are when the case has been refered to the police by someone other than the victim. It actually takes tremendous courage to report rape in this country because our handling of it is to be frank a national shame.

Agree totally with Clive. Suspend immediately

spot on. said better than i managed!

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 14:54 - May 15 with 1869 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 by Hayesender

Now I'm in no way whatsoever condoning rape, but what do these stupid women think their gonna be expected to do when they go back with rich footballers to their homes/hotels?

Play f@#king monopoly!!

Ah, there it is. Unfathomable ignorance. Idiot.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:00 - May 15 with 1830 viewswombat

Remy arrested? on 14:52 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

spot on. said better than i managed!

the student was one story but there are many others when women have made an accusation only to retract it later on due to not wanting to admit they wer shall we say easy lays.

rapes a disgusting crime but i dont and never have seen how a women name is kept secret yet the alleged person as soon as hes charged is declared open season.

one fact its rare for the police to charge a women in wasting the polices time in false rape allegations, the police are fearful of women being tpo scared to come forward in actual true rape cases so they issue a stern telling off to the women but charges are rarely bought against them. even when they have wasted hundred of hours of police time

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Remy arrested? on 15:03 - May 15 with 1815 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 13:55 - May 15 by A40Bosh

I love how the BBC get the blame in this - the corporation is of course culpable to a degree, but, you know, the actual police received complaints and did not act on them. In Savile's own autobiography he wrote this:

[Savile] writes of an incident at the Mecca Locarno ballroom in Leeds, where he worked as a DJ during the 1950s, when a female police officer came in with a photograph of “an attractive girl who had run away from a remand home”.

Savile writes: “‘Ah,’ says I all serious, ‘if she comes in I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward’.” He then writes that the girl did go into the club and “agreed that I hand her over if she could stay at the dance, [and] come home with me”. He wrote that he did then hand her over to the “lady of the law…[who] was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me”.

So, while the BBC, or at least, the people within the BBC who suspected him of what he was doing, acted atrociously, the people who are supposed to safeguard us from this kind of thing KNEW about it, by SAVILE'S OWN ADMISSION, and did NOTHING! Of course, a lot of Savile's abuses happened in Yorkshire, whose police force... well, do we even need to go into details of what happened there in the 70s? Or after Hillsborough?

I apologise for being flippant in my previous post in response to dave, but this is a difficult business. Famous people are often protected where the rest of us would not be - that's partly how Savile, Hall and the rest went undetected for so long, because people were afraid of their status. I can't really see how you can ever guarantee anonymity to anyone famous in cases like these, especially not today.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 15:03 - May 15 with 1813 viewsbaz_qpr

Remy arrested? on 13:39 - May 15 by Northernr

The law should be anonymous until charged, otherwise you could never may a public appeal for witnesses
Remy arrested? on 15:04 - May 15 with 1810 viewsBklynRanger

This club's image just gets better and better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024