Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 28474 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 16:43 - May 15 with 2242 viewsrobith

Remy arrested? on 15:28 - May 15 by wombat

not sure where u got these figures from with regards false rape claims but it seems very low indeed , you maybe right but the figures seem low is all im saying

and no not demonstrating part of the problem either , all im saying is the alleged person charged should have some rights until the case is proven or not proven , if hes guilty id happily cut his nads of and feed them to him but its wrong that the person is named when arrested in my book

First, I didn't mean to sound accusational, just pointing out that your first presumption - that vast numbers of rape claims are false - is a systemic problem with the way we deal with sexual violence in the UK.

The figures come from a report by the Crown Prosecution Service. I do some volunteer campaigning on sexual violence particularly on the use of rape as a weapon of war. Everyone needs a hobby I guess :)
Remy arrested? on 16:49 - May 15 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 16:26 - May 15 by QPR_John

"People will be saying "oh look, it's another QPR player, what is going on there?" "

What is going on there???? Are the club encouraging such behaviour then. Of course people will take this opportunity to further knock the club that is the nature of football most will have their own agenda. I just do not see why our own supporters accept it. I do not see how QPR as a club have done anything wrong maybe others do.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You're being rather naive.

You don't associate Suarez's actions with Liverpool then? Or Terry's with Chelsea?
Remy arrested? on 16:51 - May 15 with 2195 viewsJeff

Just to reiterate this point, not only was "Remy" trending quite highly on twitter earlier, but "QPR" was as well.

Can we not knock it?

Remy arrested? on 16:57 - May 15 with 2172 viewsQPRDave

Remy arrested? on 16:05 - May 15 by CiderwithRsie

If that law applied Stuart Hall would still be on Radio 5. Most of the evidence against him was gathered after he was named as numerous other victims realised that they might actually get listened to and came forward.

I see the point of anonymity in sex cases - though its worth remembering that it doesn't apply in any other crime - but its not as straightforward as some of you seem to think.

Surely though a conviction does not , or at least should not depend on how many victims there are. If after a man has been proven guilty others come forward then surely you can put the offender back in the dock?
Remy arrested? on 17:05 - May 15 with 2142 viewsTheBlob

Blimey,just come in and seen this.
What can possibly top this?
"QPR striker in single grandmother cannibalism shocker"?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remy arrested? on 17:11 - May 15 with 2115 viewsthemodfather

Remy arrested? on 17:05 - May 15 by TheBlob

Blimey,just come in and seen this.
What can possibly top this?
"QPR striker in single grandmother cannibalism shocker"?

qpr cannot stay out of the headlines....fergie retires,mancini sacked
so now it's a qpr player on gang rape charges....
long way until any court case...remy will be lucky to be bailed imo.

there are 4 players up on a rape case now, 2 or 3 from brighton.
Remy arrested? on 17:19 - May 15 with 2092 viewsN12Hoop

Remy arrested? on 17:11 - May 15 by themodfather

qpr cannot stay out of the headlines....fergie retires,mancini sacked
so now it's a qpr player on gang rape charges....
long way until any court case...remy will be lucky to be bailed imo.

there are 4 players up on a rape case now, 2 or 3 from brighton.

He'll definitely get bail if charged. From QPR perspective the difficulty is that they now have someone who they cannot sell until the trial is complete (assuming he is charged). This means Remy will be a QPR player on our books for quite a while yet. The big dilemma will be whether to play him whilst awaiting a trial. My guess is that if he's on form they will.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Remy arrested? on 17:30 - May 15 with 2068 viewscheeseydane

Remys not going to be in any sort of frame of mind to play atm whether guilty or not.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 17:31 - May 15 with 2057 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 17:19 - May 15 by N12Hoop

He'll definitely get bail if charged. From QPR perspective the difficulty is that they now have someone who they cannot sell until the trial is complete (assuming he is charged). This means Remy will be a QPR player on our books for quite a while yet. The big dilemma will be whether to play him whilst awaiting a trial. My guess is that if he's on form they will.

Tis the football way - can you play football? Then it doesn't really matter what you've done. Biting, spitting, racism, shagging a team mate's girlfriend, punching a woman for refusing to sleep with you, getting drugged off your tits and smashing your car into an old fella then leaving him to die in the road - goals and towering centre half performances apparently cover a multitude of sins.
Remy arrested? on 17:35 - May 15 with 2036 viewsQPR_John

Remy arrested? on 16:49 - May 15 by Northernr

You're being rather naive.

You don't associate Suarez's actions with Liverpool then? Or Terry's with Chelsea?

What I do is associate with Liverpool and Chelsea is how they dealt with the actions of their players.
Remy arrested? on 17:38 - May 15 with 2029 viewstraininvain

Remy arrested? on 17:31 - May 15 by Northernr

Tis the football way - can you play football? Then it doesn't really matter what you've done. Biting, spitting, racism, shagging a team mate's girlfriend, punching a woman for refusing to sleep with you, getting drugged off your tits and smashing your car into an old fella then leaving him to die in the road - goals and towering centre half performances apparently cover a multitude of sins.

Don't think I'd feel comfortable cheering the goals of a player facing a rape charge.

I know that he's innocent until proven guilty but it's a bit of a moral dilemma.
Remy arrested? on 17:45 - May 15 with 2008 viewssimmo

Anybody that doesnt think this incident will bring association with the club is a fcking idiot.

And anybody that has been paying even a small amount of attention over the years will realise this is in a LONG LINE of incidents, some of them isolated, that are also associated with QPR. To guns in the boardroom to bust ups with olympic teams to Faurlin-gate to murdered players etc etc.

Nobody is saying QPR has any accountability to what the players do in their personal lives, but to say there will not be negative association is just naive. It is being reported on Sky Sports News, why? Because he plays for a football team. This could all be rubbish, and I hope it is. But when a picture of a player, in a QPR shirt is plastered across the news with 'Rape' headline, it brings about further negative press to the club and the wider game generally.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Remy arrested? on 18:03 - May 15 with 1952 viewsN12Hoop

Remy arrested? on 17:38 - May 15 by traininvain

Don't think I'd feel comfortable cheering the goals of a player facing a rape charge.

I know that he's innocent until proven guilty but it's a bit of a moral dilemma.

I agree but I'm also a realist. If Remy is awaiting trial and turns out for us next season, no matter what our views are now if he scores then we are all going to be on our feet cheering. It may not be right, and it may not effect how we feel when we sit and ponder, but it is a fact. When the ball hits the back of the net, it doesn't matter who put it there or how it got there. If its an important goal, you celebrate 1st, your brain engages later.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Remy arrested? on 18:56 - May 15 with 1833 viewsBromleyHoop

Remy arrested? on 12:21 - May 15 by Hayesender

Now I'm in no way whatsoever condoning rape, but what do these stupid women think their gonna be expected to do when they go back with rich footballers to their homes/hotels?

Play f@#king monopoly!!

Yeah and I bet she was provocatively dressed as well....just asking for it.

You're such a plum

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Remy arrested? on 19:13 - May 15 with 1784 viewstimcocking

For the love of God! The first day without checking the website for a while and now this?!

Surely not? Somebody must be taking the p!ss out of us. Jesus Christ.
Remy arrested? on 19:17 - May 15 with 1778 viewsgordanoR

Cheers Dane
Remy arrested? on 19:17 - May 15 with 1778 viewsDylanP

Remy arrested? on 18:56 - May 15 by BromleyHoop

You're such a plum

+1

That anyone would imply that going somewhere that men are is an invitation for rape, is unbelievable. For gawd's sake. Is the implication that rape is somewhere in the back of every bloke's DNA or something? Is the implicaiton that whenever you get 2 or more men together women should live in fear? I can tell you that as a young 'un I was drunk lots of times with a bunch of blokes and never felt the need to be affraid of rape. I can also tell you that in y youth I have been drunk with blokes and women and none of the women had any reason to be affraid. Only a complete sicko commits rape, drunk or not.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy arrested? on 19:25 - May 15 with 1754 viewsGetMeRangers

Remy arrested? on 14:51 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

Yes. But I guarantee the women who didn't 'cry rape' (a pretty disgusting phrase as it is) but were raped, but were too afraid to come forward because of the hell they go through in court only to find that overwhelming majority of cases are lost, substantially outweigh those where the woman is genuinely lying. Of course, I'm really sorry for that guy whose life was ruined - don't get me wrong - that is tragic.

The comment from another poster about 'what did the woman expect' makes me sick to my stomach. Lazy, sexist, offensive bullsh!t.

Thank goodness for some sense! Sickened,too, by Hayesenders comments.

There is a lot of talk here about people being found innocent. This is not how the law works. The prosecution have to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". Although I grant that there may be some women who falsely accuse others of raping them, they are deterred from going to the police or court as successful prosecutions are rare in this country (perhaps as some of the jury think "what did she expect!!!!!!")

I know from a good friend who worked with BBC slime ball that was always bothering women (working on kids TV) and was well known for forcing himself upon them. He got off when it came to court, but his girlfriend who stood by him, buggered off as soon as the trial was over. Not sure Clive likes names being mentioned, so wont, but sure there are many who know who I mean. Glad the toe rag is now moaning his life has been ruined... doesnt even realise what he did to women
Remy arrested? on 20:02 - May 15 with 1677 viewscjc

Icing on our mouldy cake. WTF is going on!

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Remy arrested? on 20:04 - May 15 with 1674 viewsSuffolk

Remy arrested? on 18:56 - May 15 by BromleyHoop

You're such a plum

Although not well put I believe Hayesender to have an objective point within his post.

This case and more so that of the Brighton players highlights the dangers of alcohol and casual relationships for both men and women. Nobody should ever be in fear of rape but it is sensible to avoid an intimate evening with people you hardly know. An old fashioned attitude this might be but I pray to God that it is one adopted by my kids.
Remy arrested? on 20:06 - May 15 with 1668 viewsQPR_John

Remy arrested? on 19:25 - May 15 by GetMeRangers

Thank goodness for some sense! Sickened,too, by Hayesenders comments.

There is a lot of talk here about people being found innocent. This is not how the law works. The prosecution have to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". Although I grant that there may be some women who falsely accuse others of raping them, they are deterred from going to the police or court as successful prosecutions are rare in this country (perhaps as some of the jury think "what did she expect!!!!!!")

I know from a good friend who worked with BBC slime ball that was always bothering women (working on kids TV) and was well known for forcing himself upon them. He got off when it came to court, but his girlfriend who stood by him, buggered off as soon as the trial was over. Not sure Clive likes names being mentioned, so wont, but sure there are many who know who I mean. Glad the toe rag is now moaning his life has been ruined... doesnt even realise what he did to women

"There is a lot of talk here about people being found innocent. This is not how the law works. The prosecution have to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". Although I grant that there may be some women who falsely accuse others of raping them, they are deterred from going to the police or court as successful prosecutions are rare in this country (perhaps as some of the jury think "what did she expect!!!!!!") "

Forgive me if I have misunderstood but are you suggesting in rape cases the burden of proof for the prosecution should be less than in other cases.
Remy arrested? on 20:47 - May 15 with 1603 viewsDylanP

Remy arrested? on 20:06 - May 15 by QPR_John

"There is a lot of talk here about people being found innocent. This is not how the law works. The prosecution have to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". Although I grant that there may be some women who falsely accuse others of raping them, they are deterred from going to the police or court as successful prosecutions are rare in this country (perhaps as some of the jury think "what did she expect!!!!!!") "

Forgive me if I have misunderstood but are you suggesting in rape cases the burden of proof for the prosecution should be less than in other cases.

No, but it is time for the neaderthal attitude that "she was asking for it" went the way of the tyranasaurus rex. We are in the 21st century, for gawds sake.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy arrested? on 21:16 - May 15 with 1772 viewsHollowayRanger

cant see their being a case to answer unless its proven she was drugged otherwise its her word v 3 of them

easy for them to say one of them and her had sex then she agreed to the others joining in only to feel used dirty and ashamed the next day and complain

if however there was date rape drugs in her blood they could well be in massive trouble

as a side issue if you shag your otherhalf while shes alseepor drunk out of her mind is that rape ? i guess it could be the way things are these days

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Remy arrested? on 21:29 - May 15 with 1737 viewsderbyhoop

QPR - never more than weeks away from bad news. Twas ever thus.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Remy arrested? on 21:32 - May 15 with 1735 viewshoopstilidie

Remy arrested? on 21:16 - May 15 by HollowayRanger

cant see their being a case to answer unless its proven she was drugged otherwise its her word v 3 of them

easy for them to say one of them and her had sex then she agreed to the others joining in only to feel used dirty and ashamed the next day and complain

if however there was date rape drugs in her blood they could well be in massive trouble

as a side issue if you shag your otherhalf while shes alseepor drunk out of her mind is that rape ? i guess it could be the way things are these days

"as a side issue if you shag your otherhalf while shes alseepor drunk out of her mind is that rape ? i guess it could be the way things are these days "

Of course it bloody is, sod all to do with "these days" either, if it ain't consensual then it's rape. Simple.

FFS

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024