Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba back to Russia 10:39 - Jul 2 with 9795 viewsPinnerPaul

Say SSN just now.
Samba back to Russia on 11:33 - Jul 2 with 1905 viewsWeaverQPR

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

@WeavQPR

Samba back to Russia on 11:40 - Jul 2 with 1853 viewshoopstilidie

So it turns out it was a 6 month loan then.
No biggie, we've loaned worse.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Samba back to Russia on 11:42 - Jul 2 with 1844 viewsQPunkR

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba back to Russia on 11:43 - Jul 2 with 1839 viewsswisscottage

In all likelihood a large amount of the payment was dependent on staying in the premiership and appearances.

Given we got relegated Anzhi may actually prefer to take the player back and have the slate wiped clean than to basically take considerably less than £12mil.

Whichever, unless the club finds another way to offload a considerable amount of its wage bill, OR brings in enough money to deal with the wage bill under the Football League's financial fair play rules, we have no choice by to offload Samba and Remi if we can.
Samba back to Russia on 11:44 - Jul 2 with 1829 viewsTonto

a fit Samba would have been an asset in the Championship, but getting the wages and the fee back is too good to turn down.

This is arguably the best deal the club has done since Tony got involved...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Samba back to Russia on 11:44 - Jul 2 with 1826 viewsBluce_Ree

Fabulous news!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Samba back to Russia on 11:50 - Jul 2 with 1791 viewsWeaverQPR

TF has agreed a deal to sign Samba again when he turns 35 for 6m

@WeavQPR

Samba back to Russia on 11:57 - Jul 2 with 1754 viewsbosh67

On BBC now. So must be real as they are usually the last to know.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Samba back to Russia on 11:57 - Jul 2 with 1752 viewsrsonist

http://www.championat.com/football/news-1569627-anzhi-zaplatit-kuinz-park-rejndz

[via Google Translate]

Chairman of the Board of Directors of "Anji" Remchukov refused to disclose the amount of transfer. According to him, the contract with Samba will be for four years. "Samba returns. he was willing. We do not mind. Plus guys asked for it. We are able to forgive our friends. Today, he runs medchek" - also said in his Remchukov " tweet. "
Samba back to Russia on 11:58 - Jul 2 with 1739 viewsTacticalR

But ain't they all racists in Russia?

Air hostess clique

Samba back to Russia on 11:59 - Jul 2 with 1731 viewsrsonist

Samba back to Russia on 11:57 - Jul 2 by bosh67

On BBC now. So must be real as they are usually the last to know.

They're not the last to know, they just tend not to report unless its kosher.
Samba back to Russia on 11:59 - Jul 2 with 1725 viewsNorthernr

Like Rsonist said, it rather smacks of an agreement being in place from the start, and gives a little more logic to his end of season disappearance.
It's unlikely we paid £12m up front for him so no doubt this will just be cancelling remaining payments and them giving us back the difference. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Samba back to Russia on 12:00 - Jul 2 with 1719 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Samba back to Russia on 11:58 - Jul 2 by TacticalR

But ain't they all racists in Russia?

They are. But then he met John Terry.
Samba back to Russia on 12:03 - Jul 2 with 1701 viewsQPunkR

Wise words - winner winner chicken dinner indeed.

However, what about his family?! Shirley he only came over here to be closer to 'em in the 1st place

Maybe they're all relocating to Russia. As an added bonus, they can enjoy as much fruit as they can collect from the racists in the stands...

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba back to Russia on 12:05 - Jul 2 with 1695 viewsClive_Anderson

Our finances are looking in better shape by the day. Good move all round really as he wasn't really up to it anyway.
Samba back to Russia on 12:05 - Jul 2 with 1654 views1MoreBrightonR

Why are people criticizing the club for 'spin' for saying we wanted to keep him? Sugguesting you want/need something you are selling is a pretty simple selling technique to drive up the price. Saying we couldn't afford him and were desperate to sell him would have been a really stupid way of driving down his value.
Samba back to Russia on 12:24 - Jul 2 with 1581 viewsMedwayR

Samba back to Russia on 11:14 - Jul 2 by Suffolk

I believe that Hill still has another good season in him at Championship level. He forged a decent partnership with Ned towards the end of the season.

I agree but we need to find a replacement for Hill & doing it now would be better as it would give them a season to forge a partnership with Ned, even more important if we get promoted. If Samba leaves we'll be in the same position if we get promoted as we've been in for the last 2 summers where we need a top level CB.

Poll: Who’s better?

Samba back to Russia on 12:25 - Jul 2 with 1573 viewsthemodfather

Samba back to Russia on 12:24 - Jul 2 by MedwayR

I agree but we need to find a replacement for Hill & doing it now would be better as it would give them a season to forge a partnership with Ned, even more important if we get promoted. If Samba leaves we'll be in the same position if we get promoted as we've been in for the last 2 summers where we need a top level CB.

i doubt much of the £12m changed hands,, this is a write off deal
and we lost was our prem lge status
samba was a complete flop.
Samba back to Russia on 12:26 - Jul 2 with 1567 viewsNorthernr

Samba back to Russia on 12:05 - Jul 2 by 1MoreBrightonR

Why are people criticizing the club for 'spin' for saying we wanted to keep him? Sugguesting you want/need something you are selling is a pretty simple selling technique to drive up the price. Saying we couldn't afford him and were desperate to sell him would have been a really stupid way of driving down his value.

Because people like to criticise the club. Some people held it against Paladini when we didn't actually sell Lee Cook for £10m even though he said we wouldn't take anything less.

Samba back to Russia on 12:27 - Jul 2 with 1559 viewsYorkRanger

Good news. I for one am more than happy to start next season with a Onuhua/Hill pairing
Samba back to Russia on 12:28 - Jul 2 with 1548 viewsNorthernr

Why when I imagine QPR starting negotiations with Anzhi over this do I picture Mr Burns buying the power plant back from the Germans?
Samba back to Russia on 12:31 - Jul 2 with 1537 viewsOakwoodR

Samba back to Russia on 12:27 - Jul 2 by YorkRanger

Good news. I for one am more than happy to start next season with a Onuhua/Hill pairing

Clint can't go on forever though. We clearly need a good up and coming CB.
Who are the well thought of players in League 1 who could possibly fit the bill?
Samba back to Russia on 12:33 - Jul 2 with 1524 viewsEastR

We can all speculate about how much/was it enough?; was the deal in place from the outset?; etc
But the bottom line is that financially it makes sense for the club and contributes to putting us on a firmer financial footing.
Hopefully we will see the club demonstrating more strong decision making in the coming weeks by shifting more of the expensive dead wood.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Samba back to Russia on 12:34 - Jul 2 with 1518 viewsYorkRanger

Samba back to Russia on 12:31 - Jul 2 by OakwoodR

Clint can't go on forever though. We clearly need a good up and coming CB.
Who are the well thought of players in League 1 who could possibly fit the bill?

I agree with that too Oakwood. I thought the lad we signed from Portsmouth was being groomed for that step up?
Samba back to Russia on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 1488 viewsbaz_qpr

Samba back to Russia on 10:51 - Jul 2 by imustbemad

So much for building a side around Samba. The spin these fools deliver is madening. Bottom line is we cannpay 60-100K per week for him in championship. Hope wereplace him by signing a good young defender/s. Probably bring in Dunne.

I think the Remy situation changes everything, I suspect they were prepared to keep one of them, but no one is going to buy Remy unless the police decide to take no further action and the decision wont be made until after the window shuts.

Time for Nedham to step up to the plate now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024