Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba back to Russia 10:39 - Jul 2 with 9794 viewsPinnerPaul

Say SSN just now.
Samba back to Russia on 12:43 - Jul 2 with 1725 viewsTacticalR

We used to get excited about buying players, and now we get excited about selling players.

Air hostess clique

Samba back to Russia on 12:43 - Jul 2 with 1711 viewsDWQPR

Now on the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23145192

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Samba back to Russia on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 1681 viewsSuffolk

Samba back to Russia on 11:59 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Like Rsonist said, it rather smacks of an agreement being in place from the start, and gives a little more logic to his end of season disappearance.
It's unlikely we paid £12m up front for him so no doubt this will just be cancelling remaining payments and them giving us back the difference. Winner winner chicken dinner.

More of a turkey than a chicken IMO!
Samba back to Russia on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 1639 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good move by the club.

Even if we don't sign anyone decent we can probably cope with Onouha, Hill and Ferdinand plus Ehmer and Magri if worst comes to worst.
Samba back to Russia on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 1628 viewsNorthernr

Samba back to Russia on 12:53 - Jul 2 by adhoc_qpr

Good move by the club.

Even if we don't sign anyone decent we can probably cope with Onouha, Hill and Ferdinand plus Ehmer and Magri if worst comes to worst.

It depends what you mean by 'cope'.
Samba back to Russia on 12:56 - Jul 2 with 1616 viewsWestminsteRs

This has made me a lot more positive about the upcoming season. £12m and £??/?k per week off the books to add to the other big wage players already out the door.

Depending on Remy's status we could/should be able to bank another £8m which substantially reduces our wage bill and potentially gives us a decent transfer kitty. They key now is obviously to invest it wisely.

It's a bit like going back to square one but the alternative could've been catastrophic.

NB: I didn't know where above to insert generic comment about Bosingwa being a waste of space and needing to go asap. I thought it, just didn't know where to reference him.
Samba back to Russia on 12:58 - Jul 2 with 1585 viewsNorthernr

Samba back to Russia on 12:56 - Jul 2 by WestminsteRs

This has made me a lot more positive about the upcoming season. £12m and £??/?k per week off the books to add to the other big wage players already out the door.

Depending on Remy's status we could/should be able to bank another £8m which substantially reduces our wage bill and potentially gives us a decent transfer kitty. They key now is obviously to invest it wisely.

It's a bit like going back to square one but the alternative could've been catastrophic.

NB: I didn't know where above to insert generic comment about Bosingwa being a waste of space and needing to go asap. I thought it, just didn't know where to reference him.

Maybe we should put it in all our signatures?
Samba back to Russia on 13:01 - Jul 2 with 1542 viewsadhoc_qpr

Samba back to Russia on 12:55 - Jul 2 by Northernr

It depends what you mean by 'cope'.

I don't think it would be pretty, but Onouha and Hill could be our first choice partnership anyway and Ferdinand should be able to provide back up at Championship level.

I assume we will strengthen with 4 or 5 players depending on who and how many we move out.
Login to get fewer ads

Samba back to Russia on 13:04 - Jul 2 with 1530 viewsWeaverQPR

Samba back to Russia on 13:01 - Jul 2 by adhoc_qpr

I don't think it would be pretty, but Onouha and Hill could be our first choice partnership anyway and Ferdinand should be able to provide back up at Championship level.

I assume we will strengthen with 4 or 5 players depending on who and how many we move out.

Get one of Dunne or Baird in and it looks alot better. Infact get anybody in just to push An tonne down the pecking order

@WeavQPR

Samba back to Russia on 13:08 - Jul 2 with 1512 viewsdaveB

I think Ferdinand will be fine in the championship but imagine he will be out of the door soon
Samba back to Russia on 13:09 - Jul 2 with 1502 viewsQPunkR

Samba back to Russia on 13:08 - Jul 2 by daveB

I think Ferdinand will be fine in the championship but imagine he will be out of the door soon

If he can fit.

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba back to Russia on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 1468 viewsrsonist

If there had been an agreement in place, or really any prior awareness that Samba returning could be a possibility, then I find it impossible to understand why Fernandes would have made the bold and completely unnecessary claim that he wanted to build a team around him.

It reflects extremely poorly on TF, and furthers the suspicion he is a very weak-minded man who is panicked by bad press and who will carelessly say and do anything to please.
Samba back to Russia on 13:16 - Jul 2 with 1462 viewsYorkRanger

Samba back to Russia on 13:08 - Jul 2 by daveB

He may be expensive but if he is in contract and no one else wants him then we could probably do worse than having him as first reserve for CB....
Samba back to Russia on 13:29 - Jul 2 with 1417 viewsWeaverQPR

Samba back to Russia on 13:15 - Jul 2 by rsonist

If there had been an agreement in place, or really any prior awareness that Samba returning could be a possibility, then I find it impossible to understand why Fernandes would have made the bold and completely unnecessary claim that he wanted to build a team around him.

It reflects extremely poorly on TF, and furthers the suspicion he is a very weak-minded man who is panicked by bad press and who will carelessly say and do anything to please.

Yep naive and very wishy washy.

@WeavQPR

Samba back to Russia on 13:37 - Jul 2 with 1380 viewsYorkRanger

We probably know a small fraction of the detail - I wouldn't rush to judge TF's business acumen on this deal, in fact if he has removed us from the Samba deal in a virtual cost neutral way then he should be applauded whatever he may of said previously about Samba staying. As someone elese has mentioned the Remy situation has probably had a bearing.
Samba back to Russia on 13:46 - Jul 2 with 1347 viewsQPR_John

"It reflects extremely poorly on TF, and furthers the suspicion he is a very weak-minded man who is panicked by bad press and who will carelessly say and do anything to please. "

So that's the secret to making money
Samba back to Russia on 13:48 - Jul 2 with 1337 viewsted_hendrix

Good riddance to the bloke, sod sentiment his performance at the cottage was utter garbage and apart from Villa away and maybe Southampton away I saw nothing that warranted the huge fee we had to pay.
That bloody premier league and the associated transfer costs that go with it can get stuffed..
Roll on August the 3rd maybe for a while we can get back to being normal again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Samba back to Russia on 13:55 - Jul 2 with 1307 viewsdaveB

So Fernandes says he wants him to stay and ends up getting back the money he paid for him in the first place, and this makes his a poor businessman apparently, it's a very good deal for the club and wouldn't have happened if Fernandes had come out and said he's rubbish and we are desperate to sell him
Samba back to Russia on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 1253 viewstimcocking

Two years too late.
Samba back to Russia on 14:31 - Jul 2 with 1241 viewsNorthernr

Because the agreement was he goes back if we go down? And if we stay up then he stays and we build the team around him?
Samba back to Russia on 14:56 - Jul 2 with 1174 views1MoreBrightonR

Fernandes Out!!! he made our money back on a player despite the fact that the player performed badly and didnt keep us up. Useless chairman and businessman! ;)
Samba back to Russia on 14:57 - Jul 2 with 1171 viewsthemodfather

Samba back to Russia on 14:56 - Jul 2 by 1MoreBrightonR

Fernandes Out!!! he made our money back on a player despite the fact that the player performed badly and didnt keep us up. Useless chairman and businessman! ;)

i reckon we got 500k a stone!
good deal...
Samba back to Russia on 15:14 - Jul 2 with 1142 viewsBklynRanger

Good news. He was an expensive luxury who turned out to be not even that luxurious.

Samba back to Russia on 15:22 - Jul 2 with 1126 viewsNorthLondonR

Samba back to Russia on 14:31 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Because the agreement was he goes back if we go down? And if we stay up then he stays and we build the team around him?

Do you think in the unlikely event that we get promoted that an agreement is in place to buy him back at te bargain basement price of £12m?

What we need now is a centre half who has experience of winning promotion with 3 different clubs - but where on earth could you find one of those?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Samba back to Russia on 16:23 - Jul 2 with 1055 viewsWeaverQPR

Samba back to Russia on 15:22 - Jul 2 by NorthLondonR

Do you think in the unlikely event that we get promoted that an agreement is in place to buy him back at te bargain basement price of £12m?

What we need now is a centre half who has experience of winning promotion with 3 different clubs - but where on earth could you find one of those?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You want Matt Connolly back?

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024