Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba back to Russia 10:39 - Jul 2 with 9793 viewsPinnerPaul

Say SSN just now.
Samba back to Russia on 16:28 - Jul 2 with 1372 viewsNorthLondonR

Samba back to Russia on 16:23 - Jul 2 by WeaverQPR

You want Matt Connolly back?

A poor attempt at sarcasm....
Samba back to Russia on 16:28 - Jul 2 with 1361 viewsblacky200

Samba back to Russia on 16:23 - Jul 2 by WeaverQPR

You want Matt Connolly back?

Now we have the money to get Georges Santos back
Samba back to Russia on 16:43 - Jul 2 with 1322 viewsFDC

Samba back to Russia on 14:31 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Because the agreement was he goes back if we go down? And if we stay up then he stays and we build the team around him?

I might be wrong but I'm almost certain Fernandes said towards the back end of the season - when it was clear we were going down - that Samba would definitely be here regardless of where we ended up, whilst Remy would be sold on at no loss. He was even going to the trouble of saying what a positive influence he was in the changing room.

So it is a bit strange. Either he was making it up, or making claims that he couldn't possibly be sure of keeping.
Samba back to Russia on 16:46 - Jul 2 with 1316 viewsadhoc_qpr

Samba back to Russia on 16:43 - Jul 2 by FDC

I might be wrong but I'm almost certain Fernandes said towards the back end of the season - when it was clear we were going down - that Samba would definitely be here regardless of where we ended up, whilst Remy would be sold on at no loss. He was even going to the trouble of saying what a positive influence he was in the changing room.

So it is a bit strange. Either he was making it up, or making claims that he couldn't possibly be sure of keeping.

Maybe Samba has kicked up a stink or maybe the opportunity arose to get rid for minimal loss and TF figured we could get a much cheaper and more appropriate replacement.
Samba back to Russia on 16:47 - Jul 2 with 1314 viewsBrazilNutR

Samba back to Russia on 16:43 - Jul 2 by FDC

wasn't it the Anzhi chairman who came out and called us stupid for spending 12 million on Samba, saying it was much too expensive. And also I thought Samba was desperate to get out of Russia..and was one reason given for him probably staying in the championship as we had pretty much 'saved' him from a nightmare....

It's a funny old game...
Samba back to Russia on 16:51 - Jul 2 with 1293 viewsrsonist

Samba back to Russia on 14:31 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Because the agreement was he goes back if we go down? And if we stay up then he stays and we build the team around him?

TF was saying this after we got relegated.

I'm not arguing that it's not a great deal in any case.
Samba back to Russia on 17:41 - Jul 2 with 1250 viewsbosh67

On behalf of all the fans we'd just like to say thanks Chris for, well, whatever it was you did. Your heart was in the right place, even if you weren't defensively.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Samba back to Russia on 17:45 - Jul 2 with 1236 viewsWeaverQPR

Goodbye twinkletoes. Fulham away was farking shocking

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Samba back to Russia on 18:57 - Jul 2 with 1156 viewsCheshireR

Samba back to Russia on 17:41 - Jul 2 by bosh67

On behalf of all the fans we'd just like to say thanks Chris for, well, whatever it was you did. Your heart was in the right place, even if you weren't defensively.

A perfect summary for a string of mediocre performances.
Samba back to Russia on 19:18 - Jul 2 with 1124 viewsderbyhoop

If this goes through and we get back most of what we paid for him, plus a huge reduction in the wage bill would be a fantastic piece of business. He's probably not on £100k per week, but still a massive outlay.

The downside is that it will leave us short at CB. But if a fraction of the money coming back in gets invested in a decent young defender, it will look even better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Samba back to Russia on 19:40 - Jul 2 with 1102 viewsDylanP

Samba back to Russia on 13:15 - Jul 2 by rsonist

If there had been an agreement in place, or really any prior awareness that Samba returning could be a possibility, then I find it impossible to understand why Fernandes would have made the bold and completely unnecessary claim that he wanted to build a team around him.

It reflects extremely poorly on TF, and furthers the suspicion he is a very weak-minded man who is panicked by bad press and who will carelessly say and do anything to please.

Ridiculous comment. You have no idea what is going on behind the scene. That comment was made when it looked likely that Remy would be the first out the door if we went down. By your reckoning, Tone should have anticipated the rape charges against Remy and adjusted his comments/attitude accordingly. Or something else. Like you, I don't have a clue why Tone made the comment and what was going on behind the scenes. Maybe, Tone was making the comment to strengthen his bargaining hand with the Russians a bit. Who knows? All I know is that it is rarely the case that the full story is told in the press. You don't get ahead in any kind of negotiations by revealing your full hand up front. And far from looking weak minded and wishy washy, Tone has generally looked pretty steadfast and straightforward IMO.

If the happens, it is an amazing piece of business. Apparently, we had some sort of rent-to-buy plan in place. It was always a gamble (if the stories are true, it'll cost us about 1-1.5 million in the end), but probably a gamble well worth taking considering the revenue difference between the Prem and the Championship.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Samba back to Russia on 20:38 - Jul 2 with 1042 viewsgigiisourgod

I wonder if samba got two pay days out of this as well as his extortionate wages. As Clive rightly said winner winner chicken dinner! And I wonder why I'm falling out of love with football.
Samba back to Russia on 21:02 - Jul 2 with 1011 viewskensalriser

I take everything that anyone at the club says in the media with a pinch of salt.

Not so much that they can be misquoted, it's just part of how the media game works. Stuff gets said that suits the moment and a lot of it's throwaway. The way every tiny comment gets micro-examined and deconstructed is a bit silly, really. I only bother with what happens on the pitch - that's the real story and nothing else matters much.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Samba back to Russia on 21:08 - Jul 2 with 998 viewsNorthernr

Samba back to Russia on 21:02 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

I take everything that anyone at the club says in the media with a pinch of salt.

Not so much that they can be misquoted, it's just part of how the media game works. Stuff gets said that suits the moment and a lot of it's throwaway. The way every tiny comment gets micro-examined and deconstructed is a bit silly, really. I only bother with what happens on the pitch - that's the real story and nothing else matters much.

Exactly, only have to look at the evidence in the Faurlin case to realise what nonsense it all is. "We needed the fans to think we were spending money so we said he cost us £3m. It was a puff piece."
Samba back to Russia on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 985 viewsMkPaul

Can't see anything on the offy site? Has Ian Taylor tweeted? Just wondering where it's official
Samba back to Russia on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 975 viewsconnell10

Ive gotta a feeling young ned of the hill will be a top c.b next season and we will be all saying " samba , who,s he???"

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Samba back to Russia on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 969 viewsShotKneesHoop

Samba back to Russia on 21:18 - Jul 2 by connell10

Ive gotta a feeling young ned of the hill will be a top c.b next season and we will be all saying " samba , who,s he???"

The bloke that took Tone for a ride.

How many can you get in a Routemaster?

'Old very tight please, ting, ting"

Fook me, that's R's Wipe in the driver's seat.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Samba back to Russia on 22:39 - Jul 2 with 901 viewsNathanNI

Saving 62k a week on Samba. That gives us two decent players at this level assuming TF is happy to spend the money again?

Can we assume that now we've sold him we'll spend the money again? No secret we need to reduce the wage bill.
Samba back to Russia on 23:52 - Jul 2 with 853 viewsMatch82

Samba back to Russia on 21:18 - Jul 2 by connell10

Is this some kind of crossbreed between Clint and Nedhum?

Because I approve. Can we get two of them?
Samba back to Russia on 00:21 - Jul 3 with 841 viewsBrightonhoop

Samba back to Russia on 10:40 - Jul 2 by silky

WOW.

Madness, lets hope we almost broke even on that one!

From Dave Thomas, Phil Parkes to Sinclair and Samba when did we ever break eve? Relying on Ferdinands to make money at a cost of what £500, 000 just to offload him? ffs. Not good business.
Samba back to Russia on 04:13 - Jul 3 with 792 viewsDylanP

Samba back to Russia on 00:21 - Jul 3 by Brightonhoop

From Dave Thomas, Phil Parkes to Sinclair and Samba when did we ever break eve? Relying on Ferdinands to make money at a cost of what £500, 000 just to offload him? ffs. Not good business.

Disagree. If it is true, it would be amazing business. Tony and co took a gamble. Gambles don't always pay off but (again, if its true) it looks like they got Samba on some sort of rent-to-own deal whereby if we stayed up we could keep him, but if we went down he would go back. They gambled about 1-1.5 million. Seeing as the difference between the revenue in the Prem and Champ is about 50 million, that is a gamble worth taking in my book. Yes, we are down 1-1.5 million (a gamble, by its very nature, is not a sure thing), but the potential return was about 40 times the wager. Where else do you get those odds?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Samba back to Russia on 05:27 - Jul 3 with 777 viewstimcocking

Samba back to Russia on 04:13 - Jul 3 by DylanP

Disagree. If it is true, it would be amazing business. Tony and co took a gamble. Gambles don't always pay off but (again, if its true) it looks like they got Samba on some sort of rent-to-own deal whereby if we stayed up we could keep him, but if we went down he would go back. They gambled about 1-1.5 million. Seeing as the difference between the revenue in the Prem and Champ is about 50 million, that is a gamble worth taking in my book. Yes, we are down 1-1.5 million (a gamble, by its very nature, is not a sure thing), but the potential return was about 40 times the wager. Where else do you get those odds?

Absolutely. Bring in Samba as a last ditch effort and not pay much to do so; well done board.

I just wish they'd got him before the season had kicked off. Turned out to be a false economy not spending that little more in the beginning.
Samba back to Russia on 06:08 - Jul 3 with 770 viewsYorkRanger

Samba back to Russia on 04:13 - Jul 3 by DylanP

Agreed
Samba back to Russia on 07:51 - Jul 3 with 723 viewsderbyhoop

Samba back to Russia on 22:39 - Jul 2 by NathanNI

Saving 62k a week on Samba. That gives us two decent players at this level assuming TF is happy to spend the money again?

Can we assume that now we've sold him we'll spend the money again? No secret we need to reduce the wage bill.

For 62k per week we should be getting 8-10 players, not 2.
i recall Clive doing a list of things he won't miss about the PL. I'd like to add
thinking that 25k per week was a below average wage.:(.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024