Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parker 14:54 - Aug 13 with 39527 viewsstan4england

all over Twitter ... except now rumours of Fulham
Parker on 00:30 - Aug 14 with 3358 views18StoneOfHoop

Mmm Ted, if we didn't indulge in useless uninformed conjecture about transfers this would be a pretty dull messageboard wouldn't it? What brought you to look over this 100-odd post Parker thread when you could perhaps wisely and sensibly simply hold on until official confimation on the club's official site?

As it stands at Tuesday midnightish, I would guess that there's a high chance of us being gazzumped by Napoli on the Zapata transfer and less charge of being gazzumped by Fulham on Parker.

The evidence for the former is provided by QPR_ARG in his 11pm post on the Zapata thread where he mentions the Estudiantes President meeting with Napoli in Rome around the Italy v Argentina match on Wednesday night and if a deal is reached Zapata being immediatley flown from London to Italy.

The evidence for the latter guess is that there is far less 11th hour gazzumping by British clubs after medicals have been completed and Parker is a Harry Redknapp buy & has an affinity,trust and a relationship with him - just as AT was much more Jol's man not Redknapp's 'cos he bought him. Seeing as the R's are gonna give him a sizeable whack why wouldn't he find the chance of being main man here leading a charge for promotion rather than pootling around with FFC in mid to lower table achieving nothing?
He's been there,done that,bought the t-shirt,innit?

So my predictions are:
1) 85% likely Scott Parker confirmed an R tommorrow,
fug off Fugham,Scotty Parkers is R's.
And 2) 50/50ish on Zapata. Will the 'much-bigger-than-QPR' Serie A Napoli up their bid from $6 million US dollars to $10 million USD payable in one installment as it seems Tony's prepared to do? Have they got the determination,dosh and cojones?

I'll get a towel ready to wipe the egg off my face.

QPR_ARG writes about Zapata @ 11pm EST:
'I always had my doubts on this deal actually happening,but I was stupid enough to get my hopes really high so that I'll be devastated if it doesn't happen."

Ah, a surfeit of hope and excitement getting the better of one's more sober objective wiser judgment? I can certainly identify with that.

Clive used simply one word in describing the prospect of securing Zapata in his Monday transfer news update.."outlandish"..so it would be..in the balance for me,still everything crossed.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 0:42]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Parker on 02:43 - Aug 14 with 3241 viewsjamois

Parker on 16:51 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with this, Norf.
But the most pertinent point is the one you've made before and I agree with.
What exactly have we learnt from the last 4 transfer windows? We said that we should stop buying so many players, start buying younger ones, stop looking at the now, start planning further into the future. Continuity. Buying players of this age does not bring continuity, it inhibits it. I'm all for having one or two players like this - all teams need them. But if we get Parker, Redknapp will have bought FOUR central midfielders over 30 since January! FOUR!

OK, best case scenario: we go up. Let's say Barton, Mbia and Granero have left. Henry is not good enough for this division, let alone the Prem. O'Neil is clearly not good enough for the Prem. Parker will be 33. Jenas is not good enough. So suddenly we're buying another new midfield AGAIN. Even if we stay down we'll have to buy again.

I like Scotty Parker, he'll probably be fine. But if we're getting him why did we sign O'Neil? If we were getting O'Neil, why sign Henry? If two of these were 22 year olds and two were 31 years olds it would make more sense. But they're not.

No one can tell me that this summer's dealing aren't just as scattergun and scatter-brained as last summer's, or the summer before. We keep saying we've learnt, but have we? I can't see it - and even if we go up, I don't think it justifies it - I know that sounds weird, but I think we'll just be in the same position we were last year and the year before - desperately buying, desperately playing catch up, desperate for MORE BLOOD.

I agree with this. Having bought Henry (and O'Neill), buying Parker smacks of Hughes and his Green/Cesar buys last year, for which he was totally vilified.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Parker on 07:40 - Aug 14 with 3084 viewsLoft1979

For me, I agree that the essence is the same. But the gulf of quality between Parker and Henry makes a difference. Based on 3 games of evidence Henry has not afforded himself enough. Not that he has been bad, but Parker potentially is sooo much better. The idea of him and Ale together really does excite me and have me thinking of when Ale and Derry were so good 3 years ago.

What really is impressing me is that with Parker, Austin, Simpson (even Henry ) in, to go with a fit AJ, Ale, Hoilet and JB ...we have a better team that last years Premiership side. If we do get promoted, Remy, Adel, Park and potentially Cesar are still ours to recall.
Parker on 07:45 - Aug 14 with 3070 viewsFearless

Parker on 07:40 - Aug 14 by Loft1979

For me, I agree that the essence is the same. But the gulf of quality between Parker and Henry makes a difference. Based on 3 games of evidence Henry has not afforded himself enough. Not that he has been bad, but Parker potentially is sooo much better. The idea of him and Ale together really does excite me and have me thinking of when Ale and Derry were so good 3 years ago.

What really is impressing me is that with Parker, Austin, Simpson (even Henry ) in, to go with a fit AJ, Ale, Hoilet and JB ...we have a better team that last years Premiership side. If we do get promoted, Remy, Adel, Park and potentially Cesar are still ours to recall.

Park? I think his contract expires at the end of his PSV loan
Parker on 07:50 - Aug 14 with 3046 viewswestberksr

Parker on 07:45 - Aug 14 by Fearless

Park? I think his contract expires at the end of his PSV loan

thank fukk for that!
Parker on 07:55 - Aug 14 with 3026 viewsLoft1979

With Parker and JB I doubt we would retain him anyway .....or Granero for that matter.
Parker on 08:30 - Aug 14 with 2956 viewsDANRANGER

Parker on 02:43 - Aug 14 by jamois

I agree with this. Having bought Henry (and O'Neill), buying Parker smacks of Hughes and his Green/Cesar buys last year, for which he was totally vilified.

I believe Henry was bought to bolster the squad throughout the season and Parker has always been his no. 1 target. There are a lot of games so Henry will be needed and I can also see him coming on with 20 mins to go to sure things up if required.

O'neill is more of a right midfielder so we have 4 wide players at the moment and 3 central (Parker would make 4) so I don't see this as too many as you get a couple of injuries and we end up with Jenas and Henry in the middle which is worrying enough to go and get Parker.

This is based on Granero/M'Bia leaving.
Parker on 09:11 - Aug 14 with 2855 viewsPinnerPaul

Parker on 17:55 - Aug 13 by owza

Oh for god sake I do not want Parker. He is 32 and I jolly well hope he is taking a BIG wage cut. And for over 2 million with only a couple more seasons left in him. Another one of 'Redknapps players' like O'neil.

Well he is the manager, so you would expect him to go after his "type" of players and players he knows.

As someone above said, he is hardly unique as a manager in taking that approach.
Login to get fewer ads

Parker on 09:12 - Aug 14 with 2856 viewsbaz_qpr

Parker on 07:40 - Aug 14 by Loft1979

really can't see Ale and Parker playing together, too small, too similar and neither has the pace to get box to box, a partnership ill suited to a 4-4-2
Parker on 09:48 - Aug 14 with 2751 views18StoneOfHoop

Food for thought,baz_qpr.
Maybe AF & SP in centre-mid would be two similar holding tacklers - Barker and Holloway if you will with no Wilkins. It all depends to me how much SP's legs have gone since last season.He certainly had all-action,up-and-down mobility before that injury & I think you can't underestimate the heads-up vision & potential through ball creativity too that he also possesses,that you wouldn't get from a more basic water-carrying Henry or O'Neil. Depends if Parker's legs,lungs and abilities have gone as much as Park's did.
Can't see height being a problem..Parker is an average 5 foot 9 inch and Ale is 6 foot 1inch.
Yes pace could be a problem. I remember Dave McIntyre criticising Ale for a lack of this in our previous promotion season v Cardiff at home.
On the other hand I think they could embarrass other midfields at this level with their passing ability & classiness. Name a championship midfield 2 in the old 4-4-2 with the ideal combination ; a super fit sitter and a skilful playmaker - that would be better?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Parker on 10:48 - Aug 14 with 2620 viewsNorthernr

Redknapp's quotes now all over the press. I hope we get him or firstly we're going to look stupid (again) and secondly that showdown between manager and Beard will draw a little closer.
Parker on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 2598 viewsSuffolkHoop

It'll be Hooper x 10 if Redknapp doesn't get Parker now.
Parker on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 2596 viewsrosseeles

i dont understand why Redknapp cant shut up until its done, If parker goes to Fulham its Gary hooper all over again with redknapp spouting off in the press before its all done....and as has been said the Beard/Redknapp confrontation comes a step closer.
Parker on 10:54 - Aug 14 with 2576 viewsAntti_Heinola

Parker on 09:12 - Aug 14 by baz_qpr

really can't see Ale and Parker playing together, too small, too similar and neither has the pace to get box to box, a partnership ill suited to a 4-4-2

Ale's over six foot. How big does he have to be?!

Bare bones.

Parker on 10:56 - Aug 14 with 2561 viewsichbinnaughty

Parker on 10:51 - Aug 14 by rosseeles

i dont understand why Redknapp cant shut up until its done, If parker goes to Fulham its Gary hooper all over again with redknapp spouting off in the press before its all done....and as has been said the Beard/Redknapp confrontation comes a step closer.

Maybe it's all part of the master plan?
Create the diversion, and we go and nip in and get a more desirable target.

Don't ask me who that target might be.
Parker on 11:02 - Aug 14 with 2528 viewskingsburyR

Parker on 10:54 - Aug 14 by Antti_Heinola

Ale's over six foot. How big does he have to be?!

Is he shite!

If he's 6ft I'm an NBA superstar!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Parker on 11:03 - Aug 14 with 2522 viewsdaveB

Parker on 10:48 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Redknapp's quotes now all over the press. I hope we get him or firstly we're going to look stupid (again) and secondly that showdown between manager and Beard will draw a little closer.

i'm having the same thoughts, it will all kick off if Parker goes to Fulham which to me looks a better move for the player.
Parker on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 2504 viewsfakekerby

Parker on 10:51 - Aug 14 by SuffolkHoop

It'll be Hooper x 10 if Redknapp doesn't get Parker now.

I'll be relieved if we don't get Parker and I was gutted we didn't get Hooper.
Parker on 11:05 - Aug 14 with 2498 viewsPommyhoop

Parker on 11:02 - Aug 14 by kingsburyR

Is he shite!

What basketball team do you play for?

He's 6 foot 1

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Parker on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 2477 viewsBasingstokeR

Parker on 11:05 - Aug 14 by Pommyhoop

What basketball team do you play for?

He's 6 foot 1

6ft 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Faurl%C3%ADn
Parker on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 2465 viewsPommyhoop

Parker on 11:02 - Aug 14 by kingsburyR

Is he shite!

Ale has the habit of walking with his head down so far its nearly horizontal so I can see where you got the idea he's a shortarse.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Parker on 11:16 - Aug 14 with 2449 viewsstuabd

I saw him in the club shop once with Lee Cook and he didn't look that tall then. Maybe he slouches. Tall or not, still a very good player.
Parker on 11:17 - Aug 14 with 2443 viewswhittocksRs

If this one falls through, we could be looking at Steve McLaren, football manager, this time next week.
Parker on 11:17 - Aug 14 with 2442 viewsLoft1979

Parker on 10:48 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Parker on 11:28 - Aug 14 with 2388 viewsJonDoeman

Parker on 11:17 - Aug 14 by whittocksRs

If this one falls through, we could be looking at Steve McLaren, football manager, this time next week.

Oh dear , the hysteria is starting early!!!!

I really can't see what all the fuss is about.
Redknapp confirms what press already know, & Fulham make enquiries about a player everyone knows is available!!!!!

Harry will always be good for a quote, deal with it.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024