Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 40 will play........................... 22:05 - Nov 8 with 1846 viewsdurham_exile

The numbers for Monday are:-

1 Peterborough United
2 Port Vale or Maidenhead United
3 Barnet
4 Chesham United
5 Cambridge United
6 Mansfield Town or Oldham Athletic
7 Altrincham
8 Eastleigh
9 Northwich Victoria or Boreham Wood
10 Northampton Town
11 Brackley Town or Newport County
12 Grimsby Town
13 Hartlepool United
14 Salford City
15 Stourbridge
16 Stevenage
17 Millwall
18 Aldershot Town or Bradford City
19 Walsall
20 Bury
21 Portsmouth
22 Sheffield United
23 Welling United
24 Wycombe Wanderers
25 Luton Town
26 Doncaster Rovers
27 Exeter City
28 Dagenham & Redbridge or Morecambe
29 Leyton Orient
30 Shrewsbury Town
31 Yeovil Town
32 Braintree Town or Oxford United
33 Whitehawk
34 Accrington Stanley
35 Scunthorpe United
36 Forest Green Rovers
37 Carlisle United
38 FC United of Manchester or Chesterfield
39 Rochdale
40 Colchester United

Read more at http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-fa-cup-second-round-draw-279

My guess is:

Northwich Victoria or Boreham Wood

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 22:44 - Nov 8 with 1838 viewsgerry_us

I have in the dark memories of the past a recollection of an FA Cup tie against Chesham?? Cant find it in the records so must be mistaken...or a clairvoyant

No. looked again and was correct.
1968-69 1st Round Proper 16/11/1968 Colchester United 5 Chesham United 0 .
We'll have them then please.
Number 40 will play........................... on 23:22 - Nov 8 with 1825 viewsnoah4x4

Been to Braintree v Oxford today. Pityfully small crowd; poor game. Last week saw Daggers v Luton. The gulf between Division One and Two/Conference is massive based on what I saw. The U's should fear nobody in round two (except perhaps our nemesis the Cobblers).
Number 40 will play........................... on 17:15 - Nov 9 with 1772 viewsbwildered

Looks like a random draw to allocate numbers, which means last out the hat again .
Will get a Shabby away draw .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Number 40 will play........................... on 17:57 - Nov 9 with 1761 viewsburnsieespana

Away to Maidenhead United should they beat Port Vale as will be in UK visiting family in that area.
Also been to the ground before and a decent little stadium which they claim has had football played continuosly for longer than anywhere else!
Number 40 will play........................... on 17:59 - Nov 9 with 1761 viewsMadeira163

Number 40 will play........................... on 17:15 - Nov 9 by bwildered

Looks like a random draw to allocate numbers, which means last out the hat again .
Will get a Shabby away draw .

No we're number 40 because we were the 40th tie out the hat in round 1
In round 3 premier and championship in alphabetical order then 45 onwards relates to 2nd round tie numbers (ie if we first/second out of hat tonight we will be 45)
Number 40 will play........................... on 19:21 - Nov 9 with 1748 viewsdurham_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 17:59 - Nov 9 by Madeira163

In round 3 premier and championship in alphabetical order then 45 onwards relates to 2nd round tie numbers (ie if we first/second out of hat tonight we will be 45)

Altrincham at home

Bring on Man U

Durham_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 19:35 - Nov 9 with 1730 viewsbwildered

Home tie at least , let's not be one of Altrincham's record league scalps .

Number 40 will play........................... on 19:37 - Nov 9 with 1728 viewsDaniel

Not sure what to make of that. Positives: Home advantage, a chance of make Round Three.
Login to get fewer ads

Number 40 will play........................... on 20:43 - Nov 9 with 1665 viewswessex_exile

It'll do for me. Currently watching FCUM vs CFC on BT Sport - what a buffering pile of crap that service is too, makes U's Player look like the complete package.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Number 40 will play........................... on 21:21 - Nov 9 with 1650 viewsFruitbat

Altrincham currently 19 in the conf with 20 points from 19 games and -13 goal diff.
Number 40 will play........................... on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 1620 viewsdurham_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 21:21 - Nov 9 by Fruitbat

Altrincham currently 19 in the conf with 20 points from 19 games and -13 goal diff.

My one and only visit to Moss Lane was in the 1990/91 season when we drew 2-2 and Tony English and Roy McDonough scored in an entertaining match.

I don't particularly want to return there and so we need to finish the job at home in Round Two.

Up the U's

You can't ask for more than a home match with a non-league side even if they do have a strong record against league teams in the cup!

Durham_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 08:36 - Nov 10 with 1557 viewswessex_exile

Number 40 will play........................... on 22:44 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

My one and only visit to Moss Lane was in the 1990/91 season when we drew 2-2 and Tony English and Roy McDonough scored in an entertaining match.

I don't particularly want to return there and so we need to finish the job at home in Round Two.

Up the U's

You can't ask for more than a home match with a non-league side even if they do have a strong record against league teams in the cup!

Well, had such a strong record - prior to last round against Barnsley, they hadn't beaten league opposition for over 20 years.

Up the U's

Number 40 will play........................... on 11:07 - Nov 10 with 1542 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 40 will play........................... on 08:36 - Nov 10 by wessex_exile

Well, had such a strong record - prior to last round against Barnsley, they hadn't beaten league opposition for over 20 years.

And that was against a Barnsley side on a horrible run of results. Lee Johnson could be gone if they lose their next game.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Number 40 will play........................... on 12:36 - Nov 10 with 1529 viewsLeadbelly

Happy with the draw but it presents me with a problem. I had planned to be at Elland Rd on 5 December for Leeds Utd v Hull. What chance the FA Cup game will not be on the Saturday?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Number 40 will play........................... on 15:53 - Nov 10 with 1510 viewsnoah4x4

Number 40 will play........................... on 12:36 - Nov 10 by Leadbelly

Happy with the draw but it presents me with a problem. I had planned to be at Elland Rd on 5 December for Leeds Utd v Hull. What chance the FA Cup game will not be on the Saturday?

I reckon it is a nailed on certainty it will be the Monday 7th featured BT TV game. It won't be on Friday 4th December as Ipswich are at home also being televised (Sky).

BT TV will inevitably be looking for potential 'banana skins' and/or historic interest. Adam Virgo will also want to buls#it his knowledge about the U's. Whilst I reckon this will be another easy U's win; the producers will hence focus on these fixtures for the Friday; Sunday; Monday TV games;

Why don't we run a sweepstake on this I say.....

Friday Northampton Town v Northwich/Boreham Wood
(Lots of background newsworthy interest here)
Sunday Stourbridge v Eastleigh
(Note Birmingham & West Brom are both home Saturday)
Sunday Grimsby v Shrewsbury
Sunday Welling United v Carlisle
Sunday Salford City v Hartlepool (possibly not as TV already been)
Sunday Dagenham & Redbridge/Morecambe v Whitehawk
Monday Colchester United v Altrincham
Number 40 will play........................... on 16:21 - Nov 10 with 1505 viewsSector4

If Party's lot win the replay their tie at chesham must be a tv game.
Number 40 will play........................... on 17:32 - Nov 10 with 1485 viewsFruitbat

Salford will be on the BBC as they are their pet project at the moment. Northwich are, I believe, the lowest ranked side left in the competition so expect them to be on along with Chesham because of thier first round performance. I have a feeing Chesterfield v Walsall will be on somewhere as they might well be the two highest ranked sides left, or certainly close to it. Altrincham's gives us a decent shout.
Number 40 will play........................... on 17:35 - Nov 10 with 1481 viewswessex_exile

Personally, I doubt very much we'll be one of the televised games, but I reckon one of the 2pm Sunday slots are very likely indeed.

Up the U's

Number 40 will play........................... on 18:07 - Nov 11 with 1414 viewsbwildered

Salford live again on Fri , and Rochdale V Bury also chosen for TV .

Number 40 will play........................... on 15:37 - Nov 12 with 1357 viewsLeadbelly

According to the OWS the game is 3pm Saturday. I'll watch Leeds lose some other time!

Number 40 will play........................... on 15:51 - Nov 12 with 1350 viewsBarsidepete

Number 40 will play........................... on 17:59 - Nov 9 by Madeira163

Is that how it works? I've never had it explained that way, GSY.

So after this win, what number would The U's be?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Number 40 will play........................... on 18:04 - Nov 12 with 1330 viewsFruitbat

Number 40 will play........................... on 15:37 - Nov 12 by Leadbelly

According to the OWS the game is 3pm Saturday. I'll watch Leeds lose some other time!

Confirmed Sunday at 2pm.
Number 40 will play........................... on 19:18 - Nov 12 with 1317 viewsLeadbelly

Number 40 will play........................... on 18:04 - Nov 12 by Fruitbat

Confirmed Sunday at 2pm.

They'll make up their bloody minds!

Number 40 will play........................... on 20:18 - Nov 12 with 1308 viewsnoah4x4

Ipswich v Boro (Friday) supporting Boro of course.
Orient v Scunny (Saturday). Liver & bacon in Kings cafe.
U's v Altringham (Sunday)...then...
...... Sleep off the indulgences until the Thursday.....

What a great weekend to look forward to!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024