Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we can all agree 14:33 - Mar 14 with 12372 viewsWestbourneR

Appointing Ramsey was another howler from TF. Even when you he tries to 'learn from his mistakes' he manages to make new ones. I just don't think he's very bright to be honest.

Anyway my question is - do you think there is any point in trying to appoint a proper manager for the rest of the season? Or is it so over its pointless?

I mean someone who could have the affect Pardew has had on Palace could still save us. Worth trying?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I think we can all agree on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 2702 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we can all agree on 16:00 - Mar 14 by Nov77

Villa were going down til sherwood took over, palace til pardew's took over and west Brom til Pulis took over, why are we the only ones that just continue sliding into oblivion when we appoint someone new.

Assuming Leicester and us and possibly Burnley have all been going down all season, how were WBA, Palace and Villa all going down too?

Bare bones.

I think we can all agree on 23:42 - Mar 14 with 2651 viewswobbler64

TF puts his money into QPR. Without him and the board we would be F"""ED...
We go through so many managers it's just plain daft!
TF is obviously thinking about the financial position IF - no, I will change to WHEN, after today...we go down.
Enjoy the rest of the season, forget about winning - lets go down but enjoy this moment

Come on you RRR'SSS
I think we can all agree on 10:15 - Mar 15 with 2546 viewsDANRANGER

Very surprised at ramseys team selections and the formations with those players. The tombola effect still in play. As much as he is struggling we can't change as there is no-one to bring in. Villa have a far better squad than us and were underperforming massively so Sherwood did well to avoid us. Ramsey is short of options but playing swp was clearly a mistake and adel also when we have little control of a game.

Small details also, Phillips is playing well so keep him on the right. May as well play Zamora as we have little threat with Austin alone up front. It's not good but keep it simple and use what little success we had this year. CR knows that TF loves the idea of kids in the team but not the right time and the senior players should be out there earning their money (not swp though)

Our only hope is that Sunderland continue as they are and we may get above them but burnley could still take that place from us as they are showing so much more than we are. Everton a must win now.
I think we can all agree on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 2537 viewsderbyhoop

What were the options for yesterday? Dunne, Fer, Doughty, Traore, Isla , Barton and Ferdinand were all out for various reasons. Zarate has gone back to West Ham. That's 8 out of the 25 and the 17 left includes 3 keepers.
Niko got pelters on here after coming on against Arsenal, Vargas isn't properly fit.

Poor Furlong was badly exposed and, predictably, SWP, did little to help. Interesting to hear the commentators predicting what SWP could bring (based on what he appeared to be capable of 5 years ago). By the end most of them could see why so many Rangers fans can't stand him.

The performance wasn't helped by dreadful performances from Henry and Sandro.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I think we can all agree on 12:25 - Mar 16 with 2424 viewsR_from_afar

I think we can all agree on 14:52 - Mar 14 by rsonist

I disagree. TF can't predict the future and I don't think any of us would have expected Ramsey to throw common sense out of the window like he has done. No one was anticipating Churchillian inspiration just getting them fit, focused, organised, and playing the talent we do have in their best positions. Hasn't happened.

Would we rather he caved to giving Sherwood a huge contract and long term deal? TF's mistake was not biting the bullet with HR sooner and giving us more options.

Blame for this season lies squarely at Redknapp's feet. That's what we can all agree on.

Absolutely spot on. Ramsey has been left to clear up the mess resulting from Redknapps' 21 player, £60m trolley dash through the premiership knacker's yard and that place where old Spurs players go to die. All that money, all those transfers and we still have a rag-tag squad with gaping holes.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I think we can all agree on 12:31 - Mar 16 with 2412 viewsdaveB

Not sure Ramsey is the problem, I thought he got it wrong at the weekend but many had been calling for a change of approach with a number 10 alongside Austin rather than Zamora. I think injuries to Fer, Dunne and Isla have killed us at a crucial time of the season and would have done regardless of who the manager is
I think we can all agree on 12:38 - Mar 16 with 2391 viewsDiscodroids

he may well be the next luis cesar monetti, but i wish he didnt look like the bloke outside the co op cash point in chingford...insulating himself against the cold with the central heating of tramps...super tennants.

he reminds me of the last man on earth after a nuclear holocaust ..emerging from his make shift anderson shelter of empty frey bentos tins and bog roll combating ten million microns of radiation.

i though the palace 7ft eagle mascot was gonna crush a fiver in his hand and tell him.."for gods sake, get something to eat chris.." when the bloke who hasnt scored since smileys people was on tv , casually popped in the third .

get rid of the beeny hat chris , and pop on a nice prince of wales check with ticket pocket. the compo look makes us look like dagenham fc.

you might be a crap manager but at least you can look the part when youre selling the watchtower at the end of the season.

or even a sight seeing guide for pripyat in chernobyl

its all right chris, you can come out now, chelsea have just scored their 8th and bondys taken a geiger counter reading

http://www.mineralab.com/Geiger.wav

[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 12:55]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

I think we can all agree on 13:06 - Mar 16 with 2355 viewsFloridaR

I think we can all agree on 12:31 - Mar 16 by daveB

Not sure Ramsey is the problem, I thought he got it wrong at the weekend but many had been calling for a change of approach with a number 10 alongside Austin rather than Zamora. I think injuries to Fer, Dunne and Isla have killed us at a crucial time of the season and would have done regardless of who the manager is

Ramseys change of approach running a flat 4-4-2 with Adel dropping off Austin lost the game for us in the 1st half.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Login to get fewer ads

I think we can all agree on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 2340 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I am much happier with Chris Ramsey as manager than when Harry was in charge. Things are not great but Chris has been left a shit sandwich by Harry.
Chris was left with a limited, unbalanced, unfit and unmotivated squad
We are not very good
This is Harry's team not Chris' team

Harry should not have been manager this season and at worst should have been sacked after West Ham away.

I blame Tony Fernandes (50%), Phillip Beard (10%) and Harry Redknapp (40%) for the mess we are in
Chris is doing his best, he does not look the part, has made some poor decisions but is restricted with lack of players being available
I like that he is positive, we have played ok against good sides (apart from the Palace debacle).
I will support Chris until the end of the season and see how things look then.
Most of the players will be out of contract in the summer. Goodbye Joey and SWP!
We still have a chance of getting out of his hole that Harry created as there are a lot of shit teams in the league this season - especially Sunderland.
Be positive. U R's
I think we can all agree on 13:29 - Mar 16 with 2311 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think we can all agree on 13:06 - Mar 16 by FloridaR

Ramseys change of approach running a flat 4-4-2 with Adel dropping off Austin lost the game for us in the 1st half.

Ramsey's gone about things the wrong way. This is not the time to bring in youth players. His first job was to instill discipline and make the team hard to beat, we know that we have a striker that will knick a goal. There was too much emphasis on going for a win which is difficult, we wouldn't be in such a bad position if we were able to grind out draws.

Not surprised that Sherwood is turning Villa's fortunes around. He is ambitious and a leader by nature, he held the captains armband as a player.

I still live in hope that somehow we will survive.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 13:30]
I think we can all agree on 13:51 - Mar 16 with 2291 viewsPhilmyRs

When he arrived it was hard not to like Ramsey. After two years of Harry’s negativity it was refreshing to hear someone speak to positively and confidently about the games ahead. I was also impressed with some of his tactical decisions early on, particularly moving Fer inside, restoring Phillips to the right and even offering Adel an olive branch. However, in recent games some of his decisions have been poor.

Matt Phillips was playing well, looking like the player we hoped he would be. It appeared Ramsey had simplified his game, get it wide right and deliver. It seemed to be working yet it was decided to move him to the left wing even after the improved performance? Yes we do have weaknesses on that side, but surely Hoillet or for me Niko would be better out there with Phillips retaining his favoured role on the right.

Furlong. I said it after the Arsenal game so it’s not hindsight but it was clear he was starting to get targeted. Sanchez had a field day pulling wide and attacking him one-on-one. Although he has a bit of talent he’s raw having never played any league football. Harriman (had he been around) would be better, simply because he’s had a lot of league experience. Furlong has had none, and it shows. He needs a loan move, not thrown in at right back, especially against Palace that are renowned for their attacking wide players. It was obvious what was going to happen yet a premier league manager couldn’t see it. I know Ned isn’t a right back, but he’s more suited than Furlong, especially when confronted with a tricky, pacy winger. This selection mistake cost us massively on the day.

SWP doesn’t have a future at QPR. Just his presence on the pitch provokes anger amongst the fan base. Why Ramsey felt it necessary to bring him in is baffling. I’m assuming Vargas is injured/not fully fit, because there’s no way he should be left on the bench with the way we’re currently playing.

So many mistakes have happened, so many poor decisions, but the one that niggles away at me is the decision to sell Danny Simpson. A right back that has premier league experience, has never let the club down and seemed to generally care, was discarded. Oh how we could have done with him in recent weeks. Ramsey certainly wasn’t to blame for this inspired piece of management.
I think we can all agree on 14:30 - Mar 16 with 2256 viewsdaveB

I think we can all agree on 13:29 - Mar 16 by SpiritofGregory

Ramsey's gone about things the wrong way. This is not the time to bring in youth players. His first job was to instill discipline and make the team hard to beat, we know that we have a striker that will knick a goal. There was too much emphasis on going for a win which is difficult, we wouldn't be in such a bad position if we were able to grind out draws.

Not surprised that Sherwood is turning Villa's fortunes around. He is ambitious and a leader by nature, he held the captains armband as a player.

but he's not just thrown kids in, we've lost Isla to injury and Dunne so options for right back are Onouha, who was injured for the Hull game, with Hill or Ferdinand at centre half or go with Furlong. He's not picking kids for a laugh we don't have anyone else fit to play.
I think we can all agree on 17:18 - Mar 16 with 2208 viewsdanehoop

I think we can all agree on 13:29 - Mar 16 by SpiritofGregory

Ramsey has gone around things the wrong way? Are you for real? What would you like him do, magic up a fully fit first team from mid air? He has about 17 fit players to chose from and that includes SWP, Fat Adel and a careless Croat. He has done all that is humanly possible in terms of coaching and shape, but you cant polish a turd (if you cover it in glitter it will be shiny I grant you, but it still will be a turd).

I doubt whther tactics tim will have done a great deal better, probably better than Stephen Pressley mind.

Still onwards and upwards, sure that your usually sunney demeanor will return when we are relegated, fined, transfer embargoed and generally on total shit. You only sing when we're losing I believe is the appropriate chant for such a little Miss Sunshine that you can be.

Never knowingly understood

I think we can all agree on 17:27 - Mar 16 with 2194 viewscoolranger

I think it is now too late. I think saturday kind of confirms it for me. I would be pretty amazed to see Rangers win 4-5 games out of the remaining nine now.

We have been playing poorly for some time and I don't see any quick fix, the problems are too many and too diverse. As a side we have lost all confidence on the road, and our ability at home is not sufficient to bridge such a gap.

We'll have to start again now. Ramsey's appointment was a low cost gamble at a time when there were not that many compelling alternatives around.
I think we can all agree on 18:08 - Mar 16 with 2178 viewsR_from_afar

I think we can all agree on 23:42 - Mar 14 by wobbler64

TF is obviously thinking about the financial position IF - no, I will change to WHEN, after today...we go down.
Enjoy the rest of the season, forget about winning - lets go down but enjoy this moment

Come on you RRR'SSS

"TF puts his money into QPR. Without him and the board we would be F"""ED..."

This comment is like a beacon shining out from amongst the many posts about what has gone wrong.

Obviously, our debts are a very bad thing (although very little of them are bank debt)and clearly , we have made negligible progress in spite of all the transfers, all the managers and all the money that has been splashed about but the sad fact is that without wealthy backers like ours, QPR - with low gate receipts, a small fan base and a poor recent record of developing quality home grown players - would be stoney broke and would have sunk to a low level in the pyramid.

What is more, love them or hate them, we have no divine right to our wealthy owners. I am not saying they are blameless or excusing their faults - keeping Redknapp too long and missing out on Pulis, for example - but we would do well to remember where we would be without Tony and merry men. Some of the criticism on here has been well beyond the pale.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I think we can all agree on 18:50 - Mar 16 with 2152 viewspaulparker

I think we can all agree on 23:42 - Mar 14 by wobbler64

Come on you RRR'SSS

With him & the board we are fcuked
The man has been a disaster from day one , that's 2 relegations from the prem now
He is the main culprit for another cluster fcuk of a season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I think we can all agree on 19:51 - Mar 16 with 2110 viewscorse

pretty much the same who would have taken the charge. too late to change anything. we already hit the iceberg. ramsey will do as good job as anyone at this point. let him be in charge till the end of the season.
then i can only hope mr fernandes gets it right this time and makes the right appointment.
so far mr fernandes reign has been a total disaster. at this point i still might piss on him if he was on fire. very soon not.
I think we can all agree on 21:13 - Mar 16 with 2054 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think we can all agree on 14:30 - Mar 16 by daveB

but he's not just thrown kids in, we've lost Isla to injury and Dunne so options for right back are Onouha, who was injured for the Hull game, with Hill or Ferdinand at centre half or go with Furlong. He's not picking kids for a laugh we don't have anyone else fit to play.

There has been a lack of organisation and discipline. On Saturday yet again our team looked unfit. Palace were first to every ball. The two at the back didn't have enough protection, you have to defend as a team and scrap for every point. It's the managers job to organise and drive the team on. I didn't see a well drilled team out there.
I think we can all agree on 21:34 - Mar 16 with 2036 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think we can all agree on 12:31 - Mar 16 by daveB

Ramsey is not the problem but he is sure as hell not the solution. His appointment was another cock up and everyone knows it. Harry really out foxed Tony and Les, he punished them for refusing him funds to spend in the transfer window. We should have sacked that moron months ago.

So much for taking our pampered pooches to Dubai. Has it improved them? They deserve a kick up the backside. They were disgraceful at Palace.
I think we can all agree on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 2024 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

sorry I don't. Give me CR and 11 Furlongs / youth players who give 100% in the Acton Bog Cleaners Saturday League any day over Harry's Hasbeens in the Prem.

Yes, I think CR made a mistake with SWP on Sat, and will probably make more over the coming weeks. But lets get behind him, he's the nearest to a genuine manager we have had in years.

Clutching at straws, but moving Villa game to last week of the season may be a blessing in disguise, we may be playing them when their season is safe now and when CR has settled in. Who's to say we don't get 9 points in the last week of the season ??
I think we can all agree on 11:56 - Mar 17 with 1954 viewsHooped_Pullie

I think we can all agree on 21:34 - Mar 16 by SpiritofGregory

Ramsey is not the problem but he is sure as hell not the solution. His appointment was another cock up and everyone knows it. Harry really out foxed Tony and Les, he punished them for refusing him funds to spend in the transfer window. We should have sacked that moron months ago.

So much for taking our pampered pooches to Dubai. Has it improved them? They deserve a kick up the backside. They were disgraceful at Palace.

Ramsey is a very good bloke (and a bloody hard worker to boot) but he is, very obviously, NOT up to being a high level manager. I really wish he had been.

Sunderland's board - after years of woeful choices - have finally woken up & given the job (short term, albeit) to a highly experienced professional who knows what he's doing. I will be very surprised if they don't stay up now, even if Burnley keep it going.

A thought : if Advocaat was clearly prepared to come in short-term and do a job, why didn't we grab him ?
I think we can all agree on 12:22 - Mar 17 with 1936 viewsR_from_afar

I think we can all agree on 18:50 - Mar 16 by paulparker

With him & the board we are fcuked
The man has been a disaster from day one , that's 2 relegations from the prem now
He is the main culprit for another cluster fcuk of a season

He has made a lot of mistakes but he has not "been a disaster from day one" because if he had, we would not now be in the Prem.

While TF takes a lot of the blame, not all of it is his. Redknapp is the main culprit for not coaching and motivating the players properly or planning sensibly for the future whilst throwing the board's cash around as if there were an endless supply. Bizarrely, Zamora is also at fault; without his goal, Redknapp would've left and we might just have ended up with a coach who cared enough to try his hardest and to plan a sustainable future for the club.

RFA

I think we can all agree on 12:41 - Mar 17 with 1904 viewsDiscodroids

QPR VS SPURS , 2-1 down ,enerting the 94th minute, chris ramsey takes a leap of faith....

"chop chop bondy, i need you to translate theses substitution tablets from hebrew into english..
i want SWP on in the 94th minute.."
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 12:45]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

I think we can all agree on 12:45 - Mar 17 with 1894 viewsdanehoop

That made me laugh Disco.

Meant to ask you what Benaldemena was like. I have the family booked for a week there in the summer, first holiday in Europe for a while so somewhere cheap, close and good for the kids was the idea.

Does it fit the bill?

Never knowingly understood

I think we can all agree on 12:55 - Mar 17 with 1872 viewsDejR_vu

I think we can all agree on 11:56 - Mar 17 by Hooped_Pullie

Ramsey is a very good bloke (and a bloody hard worker to boot) but he is, very obviously, NOT up to being a high level manager. I really wish he had been.

Sunderland's board - after years of woeful choices - have finally woken up & given the job (short term, albeit) to a highly experienced professional who knows what he's doing. I will be very surprised if they don't stay up now, even if Burnley keep it going.

A thought : if Advocaat was clearly prepared to come in short-term and do a job, why didn't we grab him ?

'A thought : if Advocaat was clearly prepared to come in short-term and do a job, why didn't we grab him ?'

We don't know if it is going to work yet.

But on the question, TF appointed a DoF to advise him on football matters, so that is a question that should be directed to LF. I'm sure there are many managers with experience in these situations but it was felt CR was the right man for the job. Time will tell, but it does seem a bit odd that a man with all of the credentials required just happened to be already at the club working with the youth team, and also that no other club had ever spotted the potential.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024