Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One big marketing own-goal 17:37 - Dec 21 with 22584 viewstony_roch975

BBC Football website this evening reads "Hill concerned at fan discontent". Whatever your opinion, between the (minority) boos on Saturday, the interminable thread on the KH post match comments and those comments themselves, we've managed a cracking marketing own-goal. Bit pointless complaining about the club's weakness in the PR & Marketing areas as happens ad infinitum on this forum and then in a stroke creating an impression of a disunited, unwelcoming club which players & fans (existing and future) are far less likely to want to be part of. Time for all concerned to learn a bit of perspective - or time to bang a few heads together!!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

One big marketing own-goal on 10:26 - Dec 22 with 2627 views100notout

One big marketing own-goal on 09:34 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

Useless. It's also worth considering the line of questioning that came from the BBC Manchester reporter here, it was pathetic and full of inaccuracies (talk of fans expecting the play-offs and promotion). If I was involved at Dale, rather than go along with Wagg's repetitive "Rochdale's great, I've got loads of mate(y)s here", a point should be made to him and his staff about how poorly their organisation has represented our football club.

442 you're absolutely spot on. You have the right topics, can clearly articulate powerful relevant questions and you are "involved at Dale" (like many of us you are a loyal supporter). So please, instead of posting all those valuable thoughts on this message board can you please ring Mr Wagg on one of his phone ins, point out the error of their ways and share your opinion on how they should represent our club?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

One big marketing own-goal on 10:28 - Dec 22 with 2622 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 09:59 - Dec 22 by R17ALE

I might be wrong, but I think there are some "supporters" who target players on twitter after a bad result.

Never been on twitter in my life so haven't seen anything, but I was told once, that certain players have suffered abuse from this work of this devil media.

Now anybody reading this will be thinking exactly how I'm thinking.... if there was some nobody trolling you on twitter, you simply turn off the computer and fook 'em.

It appears some of our players don't know where the OFF button is!

Most players won't know what a computer is!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

One big marketing own-goal on 10:29 - Dec 22 with 2616 viewsTalkingSutty

One big marketing own-goal on 10:15 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

TalkingCratchit.

Talkingbullshit/Sutty, they are both the same. It annoys the hell out of some folk!!
One big marketing own-goal on 10:38 - Dec 22 with 2593 views442Dale

One big marketing own-goal on 10:26 - Dec 22 by 100notout

442 you're absolutely spot on. You have the right topics, can clearly articulate powerful relevant questions and you are "involved at Dale" (like many of us you are a loyal supporter). So please, instead of posting all those valuable thoughts on this message board can you please ring Mr Wagg on one of his phone ins, point out the error of their ways and share your opinion on how they should represent our club?

I've rang them in the past to discuss managers and the like, you get talked over. Anyone who listens to a GMR phone in can appreciate that. But yes, you're right that telling them directly is the way forward.

It would be preferable if the club could recognise the issues caused by the interview on Saturday, how it's been represented in the media and let them know.

If I thought by ringing up now it would change anything, I would encourage any supporter to do so. In this situation the answer would be along the lines of "we only asked the questions and Keith always speaks his mind".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

One big marketing own-goal on 10:45 - Dec 22 with 2579 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 10:26 - Dec 22 by 100notout

He'll only get on if he tells them he's a Bolton fan.

One big marketing own-goal on 11:10 - Dec 22 with 2522 views100notout

One big marketing own-goal on 10:38 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

I've rang them in the past to discuss managers and the like, you get talked over. Anyone who listens to a GMR phone in can appreciate that. But yes, you're right that telling them directly is the way forward.

It would be preferable if the club could recognise the issues caused by the interview on Saturday, how it's been represented in the media and let them know.

If I thought by ringing up now it would change anything, I would encourage any supporter to do so. In this situation the answer would be along the lines of "we only asked the questions and Keith always speaks his mind".

You need to be more assertive then!

One big marketing own-goal on 11:19 - Dec 22 with 2490 viewsD_Alien

One big marketing own-goal on 09:24 - Dec 22 by dingdangblue

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35155314

We didn't lose 3 in a row?

Although the picture has now been changed, I don't think it's any co-incidence that the one shown on this link has the team in "together" mode with rows of empty seats in the background.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

One big marketing own-goal on 11:21 - Dec 22 with 2479 views442Dale

One big marketing own-goal on 11:10 - Dec 22 by 100notout

I'll ask Chaff for tips.

Login to get fewer ads

One big marketing own-goal on 11:23 - Dec 22 with 2476 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 11:10 - Dec 22 by 100notout

Why does he? It's not really a fan's responsibility to tell Wagg & Co how poorly they have represented the club this week. That's something that has to come from the club for it to have more impact.

One big marketing own-goal on 11:30 - Dec 22 with 2464 views100notout

One big marketing own-goal on 11:23 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

Why does he? It's not really a fan's responsibility to tell Wagg & Co how poorly they have represented the club this week. That's something that has to come from the club for it to have more impact.

Keep yer knickers on TVOS and chill out

One big marketing own-goal on 11:34 - Dec 22 with 2463 viewsdingdangblue

One big marketing own-goal on 11:23 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

I think all he's saying is rather than 442 get annoyed with Manc radio on here and air his gripes on here - maybe speak to them direct during their phone in and tell them from a fans perspective.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

One big marketing own-goal on 11:41 - Dec 22 with 2450 views100notout

Thank you DDB

One big marketing own-goal on 11:41 - Dec 22 with 2450 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 11:30 - Dec 22 by 100notout

Keep yer knickers on TVOS and chill out

I don't wear any on a Tuesday.

One big marketing own-goal on 11:43 - Dec 22 with 2444 views100notout

just the fur coat then?

One big marketing own-goal on 11:43 - Dec 22 with 2443 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 11:34 - Dec 22 by dingdangblue

I think all he's saying is rather than 442 get annoyed with Manc radio on here and air his gripes on here - maybe speak to them direct during their phone in and tell them from a fans perspective.

They wouldn't take it seriously as it doesn't fit in with their 'matey' culture.

One big marketing own-goal on 11:44 - Dec 22 with 2440 viewsTVOS1907

One big marketing own-goal on 11:43 - Dec 22 by 100notout

just the fur coat then?

Not in this weather.

One big marketing own-goal on 11:57 - Dec 22 with 2403 viewsdingdangblue

One big marketing own-goal on 11:43 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

They wouldn't take it seriously as it doesn't fit in with their 'matey' culture.

Yes but at least it would be out there that we are all not a bunch of moaners and booers - which is how the story is being portrayed. 50-100 fans out of 2000 last Saturday? As for the club having a word? They have posted the clip on youtube with 'Hill appealing to fans' - they aren't exactly denying there's a problem.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

One big marketing own-goal on 12:02 - Dec 22 with 2390 views442Dale

One big marketing own-goal on 11:34 - Dec 22 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't expect the club to go on the radio to address this, but yes I see your point that a fan could do that but it wouldn't achieve much because of the reasons given above.

They'd be completely right to say "we just ask Keith the questions" in a response on air.

One big marketing own-goal on 12:06 - Dec 22 with 2381 views442Dale

One big marketing own-goal on 11:57 - Dec 22 by dingdangblue

Yes but at least it would be out there that we are all not a bunch of moaners and booers - which is how the story is being portrayed. 50-100 fans out of 2000 last Saturday? As for the club having a word? They have posted the clip on youtube with 'Hill appealing to fans' - they aren't exactly denying there's a problem.

But what's the real problem?

One big marketing own-goal on 13:35 - Dec 22 with 2282 viewsdingdangblue

One big marketing own-goal on 12:06 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

But what's the real problem?

According to the Observer today/tomorrow edition its 100% upto the supporters to back the team. Other snippets (not sure if its all been said by Hill on Daleplayer) - very unhappy with Vincenti being abused v Oldham but Hill bit his tongue (learning from his 1st spell). Hendo could say he's fed up and wants to leave as loads of clubs would take him - if he's having a bad spell we need to support him - Dale should be like a family who help each other. Hill also said he chose to stay here (not sure if he meant his contract extension or that he's been offered jobs elsewhere). Not a pleasant read after a 3-1 win and 12th place in league 1.

One big marketing own-goal on 13:57 - Dec 22 with 2251 viewsSuggers

I do not see how GMR can be to blame, the interview was hosted by the clubs PR as far as I can see and Keith responded to a positive question that ended "you must be pleased with that" with his rant.

In the past the bloke has had some self awareness and announced he was not going to do interviews on the day of the same day as the game, although that did not last long (maybe for contractual reasons?). He has sent Chris out before to talk to the press maybe because he knows he can say the wrong thing?

He got it wrong on Saturday simple as that. From the main stand just behind the dugout I have not heard anything untoward other than normal frustrations at times, which is to be expected with some of the performances seen. He wants to go to his beloved Old Trafford and see how fans there are responding to a style of play!

Now until Saturday, Up the Dale!
One big marketing own-goal on 14:10 - Dec 22 with 2231 viewsMoonyDale

One big marketing own-goal on 13:35 - Dec 22 by dingdangblue

According to the Observer today/tomorrow edition its 100% upto the supporters to back the team. Other snippets (not sure if its all been said by Hill on Daleplayer) - very unhappy with Vincenti being abused v Oldham but Hill bit his tongue (learning from his 1st spell). Hendo could say he's fed up and wants to leave as loads of clubs would take him - if he's having a bad spell we need to support him - Dale should be like a family who help each other. Hill also said he chose to stay here (not sure if he meant his contract extension or that he's been offered jobs elsewhere). Not a pleasant read after a 3-1 win and 12th place in league 1.

That should ignite the blue touchpaper....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

One big marketing own-goal on 14:29 - Dec 22 with 2199 viewsfitzochris

What a load of petulant nonsense.

Was Vincenti abused against Oldham? What does Hill mean by abuse?

Hendo could leave if we're not happy he's not playing well? Hilly could leave if we don't continue to kiss his feet? I hear the same sort of relative threats from my six-year-old.

I don't get any of this. I really do not understand where it's all coming from.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 14:31]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

One big marketing own-goal on 14:48 - Dec 22 with 2170 viewsnordenblue

So he wants everyone's support while at the same time persists in insulting everyone who dares open their mouth,if its ok with you Hilly can i pay for the privilege too?
One big marketing own-goal on 14:51 - Dec 22 with 2167 viewsdingdangblue

One big marketing own-goal on 14:29 - Dec 22 by fitzochris

What a load of petulant nonsense.

Was Vincenti abused against Oldham? What does Hill mean by abuse?

Hendo could leave if we're not happy he's not playing well? Hilly could leave if we don't continue to kiss his feet? I hear the same sort of relative threats from my six-year-old.

I don't get any of this. I really do not understand where it's all coming from.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 14:31]

Apparently there was some sort of incident either during the Oldham game or afterwards. Hill said he hasn't mentioned it until now but Vincenti should be the last person to get any sort of stick bearing in mind what he's done since joining us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024