Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43178 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:26 - Apr 9 with 2392 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Bollox

Ownership is so well regulated now, football has changed beyond recognition.

Good luck to all concerned,

They are hardly going to be asset strippers as we have no assets.

Fantastic news for the Swans and those who backed the club all those years ago.

Has Lener asset stripped Villa then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:27 - Apr 9 with 2390 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Bollox

Ownership is so well regulated now, football has changed beyond recognition.

Good luck to all concerned,

They are hardly going to be asset strippers as we have no assets.

Fantastic news for the Swans and those who backed the club all those years ago.

"They are hardly going to be asset strippers as we have no assets. "

They can take money out of the club in the form of dividends. Will they be bothered about relegation if they can take a big slice of Sky money before it happens
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:29 - Apr 9 with 2380 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:56 - Apr 9 by Nookiejack

Why don't they just go and buy out their fellow yank Randy Lerner at Villa.

He has been looking to sell for 2 years or more.

Villa have tremendous potential with their fan base?

They wont be getting £100 million + from TV rights next season.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:30 - Apr 9 with 2363 viewsDewi1jack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 by Darran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

Not the only one Dar.
Think the majority of just over 1,000 trust members think the same.
Talking of.
That figure of (I think) just over 1200 trust members is disgustingly low. Now is the time to get your money in the pot and up the numbers a lot.
If there were 12,000 trust members, those numbers may make any 'hit and run' merchants think a bit more
Personally IMHO if the Trust have only found out a couple of weeks ago about this takeover and the discussions started some months ago, then the ones wanting to sell should be named.
If they want to make money from selling their shares, fine, I certainly have no problem or any hard feelings towards them.
Human nature to ensure your family is taken care of.
But, let's cut out this "we are Swansea. We love Swansea 'till we die" crap that we saw in the film, the papers, the documentaries etc etc and have some upfront honesty

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 2329 viewstomdickharry

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:26 - Apr 9 by Darran

Has Lener asset stripped Villa then?

The other way around,Villa have cost him around £18OM,people tend to forget that they finished in 6th place in the PL 3 seasons on the run under Martin O'Neil,then Lerner found that the wages being handed out were almost 80% or so of their income,he put the block on expenditure,appointed crap manager and ended up in the Championship,they will be back.

Turning to the proposed new investment in our club read on our Official Site that Jenkins and Dineen will still be in charge.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:37 - Apr 9 with 2309 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:30 - Apr 9 by Dewi1jack

Not the only one Dar.
Think the majority of just over 1,000 trust members think the same.
Talking of.
That figure of (I think) just over 1200 trust members is disgustingly low. Now is the time to get your money in the pot and up the numbers a lot.
If there were 12,000 trust members, those numbers may make any 'hit and run' merchants think a bit more
Personally IMHO if the Trust have only found out a couple of weeks ago about this takeover and the discussions started some months ago, then the ones wanting to sell should be named.
If they want to make money from selling their shares, fine, I certainly have no problem or any hard feelings towards them.
Human nature to ensure your family is taken care of.
But, let's cut out this "we are Swansea. We love Swansea 'till we die" crap that we saw in the film, the papers, the documentaries etc etc and have some upfront honesty

In a situation like this the way in which you do something is often as important or even more important than the thing that you are doing.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:41 - Apr 9 with 2272 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:35 - Apr 9 by tomdickharry

The other way around,Villa have cost him around £18OM,people tend to forget that they finished in 6th place in the PL 3 seasons on the run under Martin O'Neil,then Lerner found that the wages being handed out were almost 80% or so of their income,he put the block on expenditure,appointed crap manager and ended up in the Championship,they will be back.

Turning to the proposed new investment in our club read on our Official Site that Jenkins and Dineen will still be in charge.

Still be in charge.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:42 - Apr 9 with 2280 viewsUxbridge

On a related note, the Trust will be hosting an online Q&A on the Facebook group tomorrow at 6pm. Phil and Jim in attendance.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:42 - Apr 9 with 2259 viewsNookiejack

Given the club's cashflow seemed incredibly tight around the time of last January's transfer window and that was on the basis that only relatively small dividends had been paid out of club - how do these new investors expect to make any money?

Are they targeting a Champions League top 4 finish with associated revenues? Or planning to expand stadium to 30k to 40k again with associated revenues?

Don't see how they can make money - we all know players salaries, agents fees and signing on bonuses will go up commensurately with New TV deal.

They will only make money if they leverage the debt free assets to the club - can't see how else they will make money.

Existing shareholders needed every penny they could get their hands on during last January's transfer window?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:43 - Apr 9 with 2254 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:42 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

On a related note, the Trust will be hosting an online Q&A on the Facebook group tomorrow at 6pm. Phil and Jim in attendance.

Some of us oldies don't do Facebook
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:44 - Apr 9 with 2236 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:43 - Apr 9 by 3swan

Looking into a forum in the coming days/ weeks too. Just trying to get some lines of communication out there asap.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:45 - Apr 9 with 2216 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:44 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

Looking into a forum in the coming days/ weeks too. Just trying to get some lines of communication out there asap.

Could add some of us don't live locally

The more talk and info the better
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:46 - Apr 9 with 2188 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:45 - Apr 9 by 3swan

You can crash at my gaff.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:46 - Apr 9 with 2197 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:45 - Apr 9 by 3swan

Sorry. Can come round your house next Thursday?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:47 - Apr 9 with 2189 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:01 - Apr 9 by Darran

Indeed it's very sad.

Agreed - very sad. More to life than money, especially when you don't really need it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:49 - Apr 9 with 2166 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:42 - Apr 9 by Nookiejack

Given the club's cashflow seemed incredibly tight around the time of last January's transfer window and that was on the basis that only relatively small dividends had been paid out of club - how do these new investors expect to make any money?

Are they targeting a Champions League top 4 finish with associated revenues? Or planning to expand stadium to 30k to 40k again with associated revenues?

Don't see how they can make money - we all know players salaries, agents fees and signing on bonuses will go up commensurately with New TV deal.

They will only make money if they leverage the debt free assets to the club - can't see how else they will make money.

Existing shareholders needed every penny they could get their hands on during last January's transfer window?

Nobody makes money from owning a football club do they?

I suppose all you can say is that if money was put in via interest free loans from the (new potential) owners then it's better than the current owners borrowing money and paying high interest on it
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:50 - Apr 9 with 2149 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:46 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

Sorry. Can come round your house next Thursday?

Always wash my hair on a Thursday.

Seriously get as many opinions and thoughts as you can, that gauges the feelings of the fanbase
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:52 - Apr 9 with 2143 viewstomdickharry

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:41 - Apr 9 by Darran

Still be in charge.

"their management leadership roles within the club."
That's the wording Daz,there for the world to see.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:52 - Apr 9 with 2138 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:46 - Apr 9 by Darran

You can crash at my gaff.

Thanks but I have to be careful about offers over the internet
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:52 - Apr 9 with 2128 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:49 - Apr 9 by AngelRangelQS

Nobody makes money from owning a football club do they?

I suppose all you can say is that if money was put in via interest free loans from the (new potential) owners then it's better than the current owners borrowing money and paying high interest on it

Interest free loans secured or unsecured on the club's assets?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 2111 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:43 - Apr 9 by 3swan

It's nothing to do with age Clive. I just personally decided not to go there when my stepdaughter said to her mum "Cheryls just posted on facebook that she's feeling really depressed, I asked her what was the matter but she said she didn't want too talk about it!"

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:55 - Apr 9 with 2099 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:50 - Apr 9 by 3swan

Always wash my hair on a Thursday.

Seriously get as many opinions and thoughts as you can, that gauges the feelings of the fanbase

My thoughts exactly. Interesting comments to date.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:56 - Apr 9 with 2084 views3swan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:54 - Apr 9 by morningstar

It's nothing to do with age Clive. I just personally decided not to go there when my stepdaughter said to her mum "Cheryls just posted on facebook that she's feeling really depressed, I asked her what was the matter but she said she didn't want too talk about it!"

Nice one
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:56 - Apr 9 with 2083 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:35 - Apr 9 by tomdickharry

Exactly what an opportunity if they are US fans who love soccer to invest in a club like Villa who have enormous fan base and potential and at a cheap price now from Lerner.

Can then turnaround Villa very quickly and get them promoted back to PL.

Seems a brilliant opportunity for them at the moment.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 2069 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:52 - Apr 9 by Nookiejack

Interest free loans secured or unsecured on the club's assets?

Unsecured... Not that I think it'll happen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024