Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43180 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:47 - Apr 9 with 2823 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:43 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Shut up!

Trust the people who run the club.

They are sitting on a fortune tonight with todays win.

To expect the board to turn their noses up at making a fortune is ridiculous.

Good luck to all concerned.

The issue is what happens to the club once it is sold. The problem is if they don't really give a flying one as long as they get ££££.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Apr 9 with 2800 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:40 - Apr 9 by monmouth

I can't believe that a poentialfor a majority sale wouldn't have to be on the Board agenda. What do the articles say?

ps just to say I know ferk all about company law for private companies so the questions aren't loaded.

Mr & Mrs Martin Morgan - 23.7%
Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd - 21.1%
Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Jeffrey Crevoiserat - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

It does seem strange that the two biggest shareholders (at least) were the last to know about this 'takeover' yet the investors will have a majority shareholding!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 2768 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Apr 9 by morningstar

Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

It does seem strange that the two biggest shareholders (at least) were the last to know about this 'takeover' yet the investors will have a majority shareholding!

What makes you think the Morgans didn't know Gar? I would guess, if I had to, at Morgan, Jenkins, Katzen being in the vanguard here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 2768 viewsWatchman

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 by Darran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

Because the last thing that anyone who wants to sell and make their money is to put in place a clause/barrier that would limit any sale at top dollar

Darran, sadly is it about the money or the football now? some appear to think it is about the money

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 2768 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:46 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

No silenced vy the fact that until this morning we could not even open discussions with Jason Levien about what it could mean for us

The terms of the deal make little reference to the Supporters Trust

"until this morning we could not even open discussions with Jason Levien"
Major share holder......... my ar*e

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 2768 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:50 - Apr 9 by morningstar

Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

Which suggests one of two things

1. They did know and are pulling the wool over everyones eyes
2. There have been assumptions made by other shareholders

Either way it doesnt suggest this is as close to being done as maybe the press report suggests
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:55 - Apr 9 with 2761 viewsbonymine

Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

Someone's telling porky pies I think !!

Money,Money,Money........say no more.

It will all come out in the wash ....Jack to a Yank maybe the next movie !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:55 - Apr 9 with 2750 viewsleighton1318

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:36 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

No the agreement hasnt been broken. Shares have to be offered before being sold. No shares have been sold.

Could easily say that is splitting hairs but that is the basis of it really

Phil, is that to say the trust has a preemption right (you can match the price other buyers are offering) however difficult that would be in practice?

Do you have something like a 30 day window in which, in theory , to do this? (Example - if buyer is paying HJ et al £5 per share can you and other existing shareholders pony up £5/share and cut the buyer out)?

And what information rights if any do you have, in what I would call a bid situation like this?

Have you a right to tag along (sell to buyer on same terms) if Trust wants to do so?

Can a big majority of other shades drag the Trust into a sale (eg if shader agreement says 77% of shdrs are agreed on something can the other 23% be forced by the 77% to do the same)?

Not being awkward (though you may think I am) but these seem pretty salient questions, if you don't mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:56 - Apr 9 with 2742 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 by Flashberryjack

"until this morning we could not even open discussions with Jason Levien"
Major share holder......... my ar*e

We're not a major shareholder, never have been

We are the second largest but there isn't a major one - 78.9% of the club is owned by other people
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:56 - Apr 9 with 2741 viewsNookiejack

Why don't they just go and buy out their fellow yank Randy Lerner at Villa.

He has been looking to sell for 2 years or more.

Villa have tremendous potential with their fan base?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 2696 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 by Darran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

If what I'm assuming so?........Yeah I'll be in agreement with you!......What I'm assuming (I stand to be corrected!) is? Each and every director will out of this proposed sale be individually paid sums that would make them multi-millionaires if they/some weren't already in the first place.

And haven't they all already made additional profits/huge amounts of money for themselves by means of previous dividend pay-outs? Are my assumptions correct bearing in mind I am no financial expert/guru?

Argus!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 2696 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

Which suggests one of two things

1. They did know and are pulling the wool over everyones eyes
2. There have been assumptions made by other shareholders

Either way it doesnt suggest this is as close to being done as maybe the press report suggests

I'll go with option one and agree with your last sentence as you wouldn't have said it unless that's what you truly believe.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 2686 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 by Watchman

Because the last thing that anyone who wants to sell and make their money is to put in place a clause/barrier that would limit any sale at top dollar

Darran, sadly is it about the money or the football now? some appear to think it is about the money

Indeed it's very sad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:02 - Apr 9 with 2685 viewsBLAZE

Huw Jenkins - 13.2%
Brian Katzen - 10.5%
Robert Davies - 10.5%

As Phil said elsewhere:

The Trust have agreed to nothing. Up until 2 weeks ago the Trust were unware (as were others) how advanced talks were. SOme shareholders (as well as us) were given the first chance to speak to Jason today. They are in the same position as us other than this deal depends on them selling and yet theyve been kept in the dark

So reading between the lines, this proposed deal has taken into account the purchase of MMs shares, despite him knowing nothing about it. That alone suggests the deal is nowhere near imminent, as the article claims
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:02 - Apr 9 with 2683 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:55 - Apr 9 by leighton1318

Phil, is that to say the trust has a preemption right (you can match the price other buyers are offering) however difficult that would be in practice?

Do you have something like a 30 day window in which, in theory , to do this? (Example - if buyer is paying HJ et al £5 per share can you and other existing shareholders pony up £5/share and cut the buyer out)?

And what information rights if any do you have, in what I would call a bid situation like this?

Have you a right to tag along (sell to buyer on same terms) if Trust wants to do so?

Can a big majority of other shades drag the Trust into a sale (eg if shader agreement says 77% of shdrs are agreed on something can the other 23% be forced by the 77% to do the same)?

Not being awkward (though you may think I am) but these seem pretty salient questions, if you don't mind.

I'm going to try and answer as best as I can but on the odd occasion I will defer to our experts involved with us so I dont give a misleading answer.

The current shareholders agreement dictates that we have to be offered any shares being put up for sale to buy. If we could match the price then we should be able to buy them.

I dont think there is a defined timeline in which we would have to do it. When we extended our shareholding to £200k we were given longer than other shareholders to raise that money

I'm afraid I don't fully understand the question so if Uxbridge or jackonicko look in can I ask them to answer

At no point has it been expressed to us that we have and at no point today were we even told that our shares were included in the sale

No

JUst the one that I may need to defer to someone else for an answer
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:05 - Apr 9 with 2413 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 by monmouth

What makes you think the Morgans didn't know Gar? I would guess, if I had to, at Morgan, Jenkins, Katzen being in the vanguard here.

morningstar: Ok Phil!

"The biggest frustration is seeing us (and 2 more shareholders at least) being kept in the dark as to how far this had progressed."

So in view of that and of course this:

"Thankfully we were not the last shareholder to be afforded that privilege we assume that they must be meeting in reverse order of shareholding..."

Are we to believe that Martin Morgan was also unaware?

Phil: That is my understanding Gary yes. It is what we have to be led to believe.

Please though no further comment from me on that part if you dont mind
[Post edited 9 Apr 2016 21:06]

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:06 - Apr 9 with 2394 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:05 - Apr 9 by morningstar

morningstar: Ok Phil!

"The biggest frustration is seeing us (and 2 more shareholders at least) being kept in the dark as to how far this had progressed."

So in view of that and of course this:

"Thankfully we were not the last shareholder to be afforded that privilege we assume that they must be meeting in reverse order of shareholding..."

Are we to believe that Martin Morgan was also unaware?

Phil: That is my understanding Gary yes. It is what we have to be led to believe.

Please though no further comment from me on that part if you dont mind
[Post edited 9 Apr 2016 21:06]

Ah right I missed that bit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:06 - Apr 9 with 2376 viewsBLAZE

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:54 - Apr 9 by monmouth

I believe Phil suggested elsewhere that a share holder with a greater percentage than the trust (that only leaves the Morgan's) were also kept in the dark.

Although given the fact they're owned by Mr and ex-Mrs, maybe one half has been kept in the dark?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:07 - Apr 9 with 2374 viewsymaohyd

Just go with it.

What have we got to lose?

seriously?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:09 - Apr 9 with 2350 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:07 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Just go with it.

seriously?!

What did Villa have to lose?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:13 - Apr 9 with 2329 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:07 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Just go with it.

seriously?!

Our football club.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 with 2279 viewsymaohyd

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:09 - Apr 9 by Darran

What did Villa have to lose?

Bollox

Ownership is so well regulated now, football has changed beyond recognition.

Good luck to all concerned,

They are hardly going to be asset strippers as we have no assets.

Fantastic news for the Swans and those who backed the club all those years ago.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 with 2276 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:02 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

I'm going to try and answer as best as I can but on the odd occasion I will defer to our experts involved with us so I dont give a misleading answer.

The current shareholders agreement dictates that we have to be offered any shares being put up for sale to buy. If we could match the price then we should be able to buy them.

I dont think there is a defined timeline in which we would have to do it. When we extended our shareholding to £200k we were given longer than other shareholders to raise that money

I'm afraid I don't fully understand the question so if Uxbridge or jackonicko look in can I ask them to answer

At no point has it been expressed to us that we have and at no point today were we even told that our shares were included in the sale

No

JUst the one that I may need to defer to someone else for an answer

That's a question for the lawyers I'm afraid.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:24 - Apr 9 with 2239 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Bollox

FFS !!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:24 - Apr 9 with 2231 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:20 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Bollox

So you're happy for us to be ploughed into debt?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024