Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43651 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:35 - Apr 9 with 2880 viewsIAN05

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:42 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

On a related note, the Trust will be hosting an online Q&A on the Facebook group tomorrow at 6pm. Phil and Jim in attendance.

Ux, what are the reasons given for not including the Trust in early discussions ?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:39 - Apr 9 with 2856 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:35 - Apr 9 by IAN05

Ux, what are the reasons given for not including the Trust in early discussions ?

Something woolly along the lines of "Oh, you wouldn't have sold anyway".

Which is a bit of an assumption in itself, plus ignores the issues of that these are people we would have to work with.

For me this whole keeping us, and indeed other shareholders, out of the loop is staggering. Not as staggering as today's press releases though. I'm amazed that people close to this deal thought this was a good idea. Unless they got desperate of course.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:41 - Apr 9 with 2840 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:39 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

Which is a bit of an assumption in itself, plus ignores the issues of that these are people we would have to work with.

For me this whole keeping us, and indeed other shareholders, out of the loop is staggering. Not as staggering as today's press releases though. I'm amazed that people close to this deal thought this was a good idea. Unless they got desperate of course.

And of course the other reason was that they were afraid we would leak it to the press...

Hmmmm
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 2821 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:41 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

And of course the other reason was that they were afraid we would leak it to the press...

Hmmmm

Well, yes, I am amazed they managed to keep this as quiet as they have.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:02 - Apr 9 with 2759 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:41 - Apr 9 by Phil_S

Hmmmm

Once you found out about it, a press release was going to be about timing. What better timing then us reaching 40 points.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:04 - Apr 9 with 2771 viewsWatchman

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:39 - Apr 9 by Uxbridge

not a question got desperate they ARE desperate!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:40 - Apr 9 with 2691 viewsOldjack

Jason Levien is the anti-christ.

I'm a former long-term DC United (DCU) season ticket holder. He is solely interested in his wallet to the detriment of the supporters. For DCU, Levien used the supporters to help get the local government to partially fund the building of a new stadium. Afterwards, when he no longer needed this help, he made heavy-handed changes to hurt the supporter groups.

He (and his investors) will sell DCU after the stadium is built - think of it as a MLS Flip (in the US, real estate investors, flip houses - which is buying a distressed property, throw on a coat of paint, make cheap upgrades, and resell the house for profit). In order to cut costs for the existing club, Levien destroyed the front office by replacing competent leaders with unpaid interns or under-qualified people. DCU FO (front office) is a joke. Things such as tickets or updates to their sites, is bereft with errors, omissions or slow service.

The DCU supporter groups and the front office had collaboratively worked together (prior to the Levien regime), for example, to make the stewards act responsibly to the fans (fans had their legs broken, were being slapped and fights were occurring with CSC (security). Now, the relationship is fractured and will never be fixed (perhaps when Levien and his gang of thieves sell). DCU has lost their history - because the FO has been replaced and the fans that know the past are being frustrated by the ineptness of the DCU FO. Hundreds and thousands of fans are not coming back.

As the Walmart of MLS, DCU doesn't just have a cut-rate FO, their team isn't fully funded and is cut-rate too. In 2013, DCU was the worst team in MLS, they won 3 games in the entire MLS season (a MLS dubious record). Now, they did win the US Open Cup (akin to the FA cup). Both the General Manager, Dave Kaspar (in the US, this is the person responsible for player acquisition) and the Manager Ben Olsen were retained. This would be like Aston Villa keeping their technical staff through this year and next year.

I can understand the Swansea owners wanting to cash in on their investment - but the guys (Dineen and Morgan) that I met at the British Embassy (for the Jack to a King showing) seemed to care for Swansea more than selling to this snake-oil salesman. So, selling some of your shares seem inevitable as others have pointed out in this thread. But selling to Jason Levien (The anti-christ) is a huge mistake. I hope this doesn't come to fruition. I would hate to have 2 teams that I deeply care about be destroyed - picked apart by the same vulture.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2016 23:43]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:51 - Apr 9 with 2652 viewsexiledclaseboy

Excellent statement from the Trust. Concise, quick (given that they only met the buyers this morning) and most important of all, non committal.

This may not be trendy but I have faith in the people running the Trust and the expert people advising and helping them to take the right decisions and do the right thing.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 00:14 - Apr 10 with 2595 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:51 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

Excellent statement from the Trust. Concise, quick (given that they only met the buyers this morning) and most important of all, non committal.

This may not be trendy but I have faith in the people running the Trust and the expert people advising and helping them to take the right decisions and do the right thing.

Absolutely.

The only people in all of this that don't have their own wallets as their priority. For that reason we all need to have faith in them
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 00:42 - Apr 10 with 2559 viewsNeathJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 00:14 - Apr 10 by AngelRangelQS

Absolutely.

The only people in all of this that don't have their own wallets as their priority. For that reason we all need to have faith in them

And yet there are still some idiots on social media who say that the Trust don't speak for the fans.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 01:10 - Apr 10 with 2516 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:40 - Apr 9 by Oldjack

I'm a former long-term DC United (DCU) season ticket holder. He is solely interested in his wallet to the detriment of the supporters. For DCU, Levien used the supporters to help get the local government to partially fund the building of a new stadium. Afterwards, when he no longer needed this help, he made heavy-handed changes to hurt the supporter groups.

He (and his investors) will sell DCU after the stadium is built - think of it as a MLS Flip (in the US, real estate investors, flip houses - which is buying a distressed property, throw on a coat of paint, make cheap upgrades, and resell the house for profit). In order to cut costs for the existing club, Levien destroyed the front office by replacing competent leaders with unpaid interns or under-qualified people. DCU FO (front office) is a joke. Things such as tickets or updates to their sites, is bereft with errors, omissions or slow service.

The DCU supporter groups and the front office had collaboratively worked together (prior to the Levien regime), for example, to make the stewards act responsibly to the fans (fans had their legs broken, were being slapped and fights were occurring with CSC (security). Now, the relationship is fractured and will never be fixed (perhaps when Levien and his gang of thieves sell). DCU has lost their history - because the FO has been replaced and the fans that know the past are being frustrated by the ineptness of the DCU FO. Hundreds and thousands of fans are not coming back.

As the Walmart of MLS, DCU doesn't just have a cut-rate FO, their team isn't fully funded and is cut-rate too. In 2013, DCU was the worst team in MLS, they won 3 games in the entire MLS season (a MLS dubious record). Now, they did win the US Open Cup (akin to the FA cup). Both the General Manager, Dave Kaspar (in the US, this is the person responsible for player acquisition) and the Manager Ben Olsen were retained. This would be like Aston Villa keeping their technical staff through this year and next year.

I can understand the Swansea owners wanting to cash in on their investment - but the guys (Dineen and Morgan) that I met at the British Embassy (for the Jack to a King showing) seemed to care for Swansea more than selling to this snake-oil salesman. So, selling some of your shares seem inevitable as others have pointed out in this thread. But selling to Jason Levien (The anti-christ) is a huge mistake. I hope this doesn't come to fruition. I would hate to have 2 teams that I deeply care about be destroyed - picked apart by the same vulture.

FYI - I wrote this in the other thread. OJ - I didn't want someone to call you out about this.

Phil - Thanks for all you do with the Trust. At times, I am incredulous for some of the crap that people accuse you.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 01:24 - Apr 10 with 2500 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 by Darran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

Good post Daz

That's something that needs to be answered out into the public domain

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 02:17 - Apr 10 with 2464 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:43 - Apr 9 by ymaohyd

Shut up!

Trust the people who run the club.

They are sitting on a fortune tonight with todays win.

To expect the board to turn their noses up at making a fortune is ridiculous.

Good luck to all concerned.

Like the people who sold the club to Petty did? Or weren't you around then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 02:29 - Apr 10 with 2449 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 20:45 - Apr 9 by Darran

Am I the only one that finds it staggering that the current directors won't make the Trusts shareholding up to 25% between them myself?

That would almost certainly reduce the value of the shares and probably scupper the deal entirely.

There's big money to be made here so we're living on fantasy island if we think that's even a possibility.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 03:17 - Apr 10 with 2421 viewsZut_Alors

Hmmmm

Leaking of course would have meant at least two things: the supporters & those board members who hadn't been approached being informed. If we are to assume that the deal or its impact on the trust could be influenced by those two factors, then should we now turn our attention to what we can do?

First thing I'd be interested to know is how much 1% of the total shareholding share is valued at in the deal? For example, if the trust were to try and increase its stake (based on the trust having first refusal on any share sales), how much would that cost the trust?

Also why not approach the board member who hasn't been included in the talks — (I'd be pretty piss*d if I was that party) and see whether they were interested in selling directly to the trust.

Biggest probem with all this, though, is that if a deal doesn't take place now, are those shareholders going to look to profit in another way, i.e, further dividends.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 3:32]
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 06:20 - Apr 10 with 2380 viewsEasternJack

Well this was predicable... Timing of the announcement as we hit 40 points shows the desperation of these guys.

PROs:
- We can bring some professional expertise onto the board. Assuming/hoping that a new owner will clear out some of the current amateurs and bring in stronger governance
- Any investor will have better access to external funds. A double-edged sword, but something that is increasingly holding us back
- Almost certainly means prioritisation on stadium expansion (and not just talk this time)

CONS:
- No visibility of the intention of the new investors
- The Trust will possibly lose it's share %. Likely through dilution then forced buy-out. Would be PR mis-step by the new owners, however may also be a positive sign as it will accompany cash-injection and an expectation of longer-term returns

Best we can hope for now is a quick sale so that the manager position and next season's squad & planning can be managed without disruption.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 08:31 - Apr 10 with 2268 viewsStarsky

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:40 - Apr 9 by Oldjack

Serious question Alan...
How do you feel about JVS now after finding out yesterday that he's been part of this charade for months.
I'm not have a dig.

It's just the internet, init.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 08:52 - Apr 10 with 2236 viewsSwansNZ

I don't like it.
There, I've said it!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 2119 viewsjohnlangy

I'm still only on page 2 of this thread so far but it's worth saying, if it hasn't been said already, that there would be offers at some stage. Last years potential sale was knocked back. BUT, we all knew that it would be more and more likely, as time goes on, that some/all shareholders would be more willing to sell.

Each time this happens all we and the Trust can do is question everything and not just lay down.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 09:54 - Apr 10 with 2104 viewsDan_Swan

My concern is that further down the line there seems to be a possibility that the club could end up being in a similar situation as to when the existing board took over, only on a much bigger scale, one where this time we may not be able to come back from.

Negotiations taking place without the prior knowledge of other "Business Partners" doesn't sit right with me. I understand that it doesn't work like this but every shareholder should be made aware that others want to cash in their chips, It is in the best interests of those not cashing in (yet) to ensure that the deal is in the best interest of the club, not the best interests of the individuals wanting out.

Still following Dr's orders!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 09:56 - Apr 10 with 2095 viewsMoscowJack

This is all incredible. How could some shareholders get this far into a deal without involving the No.1, No.2 and No.3 shareholders? Incredible.

The good news is that no deal will happen without those shareholders agreeing to it, which makes be think that the press release yesterday was more of an attempt to force the hand of the Trust (and others) to back them into a corner.

I was fuming when I went to bed last night and I'm fuming again this morning. After a superb win over Chelsea and reaching 40 points we should all be celebrating.

If anyone has questioned the importance of the Trust in recent years, THIS is exactly what we need the Trust for.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:04 - Apr 10 with 2059 viewsMattG

There is obviously still a lot of detail to come out but, for me, the tone of the initial press reports are clearly intended to undermine the Trust. By this I mean that the excellent work that the Trust did last time to publicise the questionable motives and track records of Moores and Noell will be made all the more difficult to replicate this time around in light of the positive noises that have already been made regarding the Trust shareholding and Board representation.

Whether this can be done through the local press is questionable as they will (understandably) be wary of putting themselves in a position of conflict with the Club so the Trust may need to look further afield. David Conn (Guardian) would be one suggestion - he has previously written articles about us and other clubs challenging various ownership models and their impact on supporter involvement.

However it is to be achieved, one thing is certain - the Trust's voice will need to be louder and clearer than ever this time around and all of us will need to play a part.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:08 - Apr 10 with 2035 viewsMoscowJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:04 - Apr 10 by MattG

There is obviously still a lot of detail to come out but, for me, the tone of the initial press reports are clearly intended to undermine the Trust. By this I mean that the excellent work that the Trust did last time to publicise the questionable motives and track records of Moores and Noell will be made all the more difficult to replicate this time around in light of the positive noises that have already been made regarding the Trust shareholding and Board representation.

Whether this can be done through the local press is questionable as they will (understandably) be wary of putting themselves in a position of conflict with the Club so the Trust may need to look further afield. David Conn (Guardian) would be one suggestion - he has previously written articles about us and other clubs challenging various ownership models and their impact on supporter involvement.

However it is to be achieved, one thing is certain - the Trust's voice will need to be louder and clearer than ever this time around and all of us will need to play a part.

Good point about David Conn. He tweeted something about the deal this morning and the Trust's statement.

He's got a wide audience so could be VERY influential if/when the sh!t hits the fan.

Also, it will be interesting to know when Chris Wathan was warned of a pending announcement as he had a lot of info, in great detail, all ready to make public within seconds.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:16 - Apr 10 with 2010 viewsBigPhilG

This makes very worrying reading to me

It appears as if the trust has been deliberately excluded and kept in the dark. I'm beginning to think the trust is now the only shareholder that actually cares about the Swans.

Darran has made an excellent point earlier in the thread when asking why someone hasn't made some offer to the trust so they can get up to 25%, a point which has been by and large missed here but one I consider to be very important

No Yanks No Thanks
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 10:19 - Apr 10 with 1993 viewsjacabertawe

I find it absolutely shocking that there seems to be such a deliberate move by HJ and Co. NOT to involve the Trust and some other shareholders in these tentative stages of negotiation and the releasing of so much information in an obviously deliberate attempt to drown out valid questions.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024