Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43179 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:11 - Apr 10 with 2451 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:08 - Apr 10 by DafyddHuw

So who owns the other 10.5%?

If the Trust and MM were kept in the dark, then the total of the other shares above only add up to 44.7%, which wouldn't give them a majority.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 12:11]

Id be very suprised if M Morgan was excluded from any of this .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:14 - Apr 10 with 2448 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought Crevoicerat sold his to Katzen?

Shareholders under 10% aren't normally listed. I think Dineen has 5% but may be wrong.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:15 - Apr 10 with 2435 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:11 - Apr 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

It seems that he was.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:17 - Apr 10 with 2429 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:11 - Apr 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

I would be astonished Tommy.

Even if the Morgans haven't been active in discussions I bet HJ and others know they're up for selling their shares.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:24 - Apr 10 with 2404 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:15 - Apr 10 by exiledclaseboy

It seems that he was.

There's no way on this god dam planet (yank talk) he didn't know about this

There's some big whoppers being told here im afraid and I'm all for investment but not this load of cloak & daggers

Poor form SCFC

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:27 - Apr 10 with 2387 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:15 - Apr 10 by exiledclaseboy

It seems that he was.

So how is it that his shares got offered to the Shermans then? According to wathan 75% are up for sale

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:30 - Apr 10 with 2374 viewsMoscowJack

I can' 100% guarantee that the Trust, BK and MM didn't know the negotiations were so advanced (without any of them involved) or that this statement was about to be released. It came as a shock to all of them.

This is what I find absolutely incredible and beyond belief....that the top 3 shareholders were kept totally in the dark and not informed of such a clear statement from the Club.

The good news is that no deal will ever be done without the Trust, MM and BK agreeing to it. From that perspective, we're in safe hands.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:33 - Apr 10 with 2360 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:27 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

So how is it that his shares got offered to the Shermans then? According to wathan 75% are up for sale

From what I understand, on an assumption from other board members that the two biggest individual shareholders (Morgan and Katzen) would be willing to sell. An assumption that isn't necessarily correct.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:49 - Apr 10 with 2311 viewsWatchman

I wonder if the sellees ( traitors maybe too strong a word at this time) have advised the prospective owners of the 'due diligence, that we the great unwashed will no doubt undertake and if so make sure your answers are correct and plausible

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:52 - Apr 10 with 2298 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:30 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

I can' 100% guarantee that the Trust, BK and MM didn't know the negotiations were so advanced (without any of them involved) or that this statement was about to be released. It came as a shock to all of them.

This is what I find absolutely incredible and beyond belief....that the top 3 shareholders were kept totally in the dark and not informed of such a clear statement from the Club.

The good news is that no deal will ever be done without the Trust, MM and BK agreeing to it. From that perspective, we're in safe hands.

"Didn't know negotiations were so advanced"

That's telling me he knew about alright.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:57 - Apr 10 with 2276 viewsMoscowJack

All the shareholders, including the Trust, knew that there discussions. That's all everyone thought it was....just some discussions. There are discussions with different parties quite often so it's normal.

What's NOT normal is to announce a deal without the No.1, 2 or 3 shareholders agreeing to the deal.

What's NOT right is making a statement saying that the Board of Directors are in agreement, when they are very clearly not!

The main question now is what the Trust, BK and MM do next! With reports coming in re. the way the Americans ran DC United into the ground, I hope they block the deal asap and as loudly as possible!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 13:01 - Apr 10 with 2265 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:57 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

All the shareholders, including the Trust, knew that there discussions. That's all everyone thought it was....just some discussions. There are discussions with different parties quite often so it's normal.

What's NOT normal is to announce a deal without the No.1, 2 or 3 shareholders agreeing to the deal.

What's NOT right is making a statement saying that the Board of Directors are in agreement, when they are very clearly not!

The main question now is what the Trust, BK and MM do next! With reports coming in re. the way the Americans ran DC United into the ground, I hope they block the deal asap and as loudly as possible!

Indeed

It's got political tripe all over it ,

Thanks for heads up Moscow Jack .

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:17 - Apr 10 with 2132 viewsBorojack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 11:12 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

The "voting" in wales on line is about 76% in favour of the takeover.
Which I must admit is a bit surprising, especially in view of the way the discussions have been conducted up until now.

Thats because the majority of yes votes will be Kaerdiff supporters.
I am pretty show a poll on here would paint a different picture.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 2116 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 12:57 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

Jenkins kept Morgan out of the loop Nick? Seriously?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 2081 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:52 - Apr 9 by tomdickharry

"their management leadership roles within the club."
That's the wording Daz,there for the world to see.

They'll just be mouthpieces for the Yanks, saying exactly what they're told to say.
I think that was Daz's point.

Try not to take everything you read at face value.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 2071 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:27 - Apr 10 by DafyddHuw

They'll just be mouthpieces for the Yanks, saying exactly what they're told to say.
I think that was Daz's point.

Try not to take everything you read at face value.

It was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 2050 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:29 - Apr 10 by Darran

It was.

I wish Clydach United were still going and that I hadn't renewed my ST. Got no truck with Yank business methods.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:57 - Apr 10 with 2004 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:21 - Apr 10 by monmouth

Init

My tin hat is firmly on my head here

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 15:07 - Apr 10 with 1983 viewsdougie

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:21 - Apr 10 by monmouth

I don't buy that either. He knows, there is no doubt about it. His wife owns half of them anyway so perhaps she is pushing to sell . Katzen was the one trying to sell last time so I have no doubt he is at the forefront here. If what the trust say is true then it may well be that when they were questioned they said they didn't know much just so it didn't become confrontational.

These guys have said they are buying a controlling interest. They wouldn't say that unless they know they have agreement in principle from them all.

That's my take
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 15:21 - Apr 10 with 1957 viewsStarsky

Aye, you guys all know better with your assumptions.

It's just the internet, init.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 15:48 - Apr 10 with 1910 viewsNookiejack

How did these new Yanks value the club at £100m?

What financial information did the club release and who approved the release of the financial information?

It sounds like a lot more than discussions?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:01 - Apr 10 with 1868 viewsMoscowJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 15:48 - Apr 10 by Nookiejack

What financial information did the club release and who approved the release of the financial information?

No idea but I think this is well-undervalued. Is this one of the reasons that the Trust, MM and BK weren't consulted? Is another reason could be that the Americans' history does read well so they wanted it brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible???

I presume there's a standard media pack with all the pros and a few cons (not owning stadium, for example) and financials from previous years. They might have released this info to 20 or 30 various funds, companies or advisors around the world. That's not an issue at all in my opinion.

As I said, I'm sure ALL Board members knew that discussions were happening but the silence started when the deals are being completed, by the sounds of it. I'm 100% sure the Trust, MM and BK knew there were Americans talking to HJ & LD, but they had nothing to consider until a formal offer was discussed with ALL the shareholders. That final part hasn't happened.

Phil S knows all this and will probably confirm everything I'm saying is 100%....if he's able to (considering how careful he has to be in his position at the moment). Now isn't the time for bullsh!t.....unless you're a minority shareholder who's desperate to get their hands on a life-changing fortune.

I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised if a vote of no confidence in the Chairman and VC was proposed after this. It probably won't happen, but it wouldn't entirely shock me.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:13 - Apr 10 with 1837 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:01 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

No idea but I think this is well-undervalued. Is this one of the reasons that the Trust, MM and BK weren't consulted? Is another reason could be that the Americans' history does read well so they wanted it brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible???

I presume there's a standard media pack with all the pros and a few cons (not owning stadium, for example) and financials from previous years. They might have released this info to 20 or 30 various funds, companies or advisors around the world. That's not an issue at all in my opinion.

As I said, I'm sure ALL Board members knew that discussions were happening but the silence started when the deals are being completed, by the sounds of it. I'm 100% sure the Trust, MM and BK knew there were Americans talking to HJ & LD, but they had nothing to consider until a formal offer was discussed with ALL the shareholders. That final part hasn't happened.

Phil S knows all this and will probably confirm everything I'm saying is 100%....if he's able to (considering how careful he has to be in his position at the moment). Now isn't the time for bullsh!t.....unless you're a minority shareholder who's desperate to get their hands on a life-changing fortune.

I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised if a vote of no confidence in the Chairman and VC was proposed after this. It probably won't happen, but it wouldn't entirely shock me.

Phil ultimately can only speak for the Trust. How involved MM and BK have been we can never truly know, we can only go on what we're told in that regard. You'd probably know better than us!

However, I can say for certain that the Trust had been absolutely kept totally out of the loop until two weeks ago, and that isn't a great starting point to say the least.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:29 - Apr 10 with 1772 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:01 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

Thanks Moscow Jack

With regards to the standard media pack being marketed to 20 or more funds.

It suggests the Club is being marketed for sale anyway. Or being prepared for sale.

Maybe just a matter of time before investor comes along with acceptable price and strategy that is acceptable to Trust.

These Yanks dont appear to meet two above conditions in this case.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:34 - Apr 10 with 1758 viewscrix

"We have been aware of the terms of the potential deal for around two weeks. It has become apparent though that the discussions have been taking place since December and not all shareholders have been allowed to be part of those discussions."

mmm.. clever move by the americans they hit huw when we were in very bad shape and looking like we were doomed to relegation. it sort of explains the under valuation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024