Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43662 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:35 - Apr 10 with 2350 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sorry to be pedantic but if the takeover is £100m for 75% of the shares then doesn't that value the club at around £133m?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:40 - Apr 10 with 2328 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:44 - Apr 10 with 2317 viewsairedale

Who's in the pic, and is that the Guildhall behind them?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 2247 viewsdougie

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:01 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

How did these new Yanks value the club at £100m?

No idea but I think this is well-undervalued. Is this one of the reasons that the Trust, MM and BK weren't consulted? Is another reason could be that the Americans' history does read well so they wanted it brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible???

What financial information did the club release and who approved the release of the financial information?

I presume there's a standard media pack with all the pros and a few cons (not owning stadium, for example) and financials from previous years. They might have released this info to 20 or 30 various funds, companies or advisors around the world. That's not an issue at all in my opinion.

It sounds like a lot more than discussions?

As I said, I'm sure ALL Board members knew that discussions were happening but the silence started when the deals are being completed, by the sounds of it. I'm 100% sure the Trust, MM and BK knew there were Americans talking to HJ & LD, but they had nothing to consider until a formal offer was discussed with ALL the shareholders. That final part hasn't happened.

Phil S knows all this and will probably confirm everything I'm saying is 100%....if he's able to (considering how careful he has to be in his position at the moment). Now isn't the time for bullsh!t.....unless you're a minority shareholder who's desperate to get their hands on a life-changing fortune.

I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised if a vote of no confidence in the Chairman and VC was proposed after this. It probably won't happen, but it wouldn't entirely shock me.

Katzen was the one that brought the last yanks through mates of his. He knows don't you worry . Morgan will know due to his friendship with hj. As I said before they are playing dumb so as not to look like they want out. Katzens money wasn't in the club due to the love of it. He was the one shareholder who did it as an investment opportunity.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:35 - Apr 10 with 2204 viewsNookiejack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:17 - Apr 10 by dougie

Katzen was the one that brought the last yanks through mates of his. He knows don't you worry . Morgan will know due to his friendship with hj. As I said before they are playing dumb so as not to look like they want out. Katzens money wasn't in the club due to the love of it. He was the one shareholder who did it as an investment opportunity.

Sounds as intriguing as Stanley family at Battle of Bosworth Field - who went to other side at most crucial part of battle - therefore shafting Richard III.

Will one/both of Martin Morgan/Brian Katzen go to other side at last minute?

Strange how statement yesterday indicated that new Yanks think they have already got control.

The alternative explanation is that Martin Morgan's wife has been approached (if alleged divorce proceedings are underway). Maybe she is in the sell-out camp.

That would be a very underhand thing for Huw Jenkins to do to Martin Morgan though - (Brutus knifing Julius Caesar so to speak) - so I have dismissed that one.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:43 - Apr 10 with 2177 viewsdougie

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:35 - Apr 10 by Nookiejack

Sounds as intriguing as Stanley family at Battle of Bosworth Field - who went to other side at most crucial part of battle - therefore shafting Richard III.

Will one/both of Martin Morgan/Brian Katzen go to other side at last minute?

Strange how statement yesterday indicated that new Yanks think they have already got control.

The alternative explanation is that Martin Morgan's wife has been approached (if alleged divorce proceedings are underway). Maybe she is in the sell-out camp.

That would be a very underhand thing for Huw Jenkins to do to Martin Morgan though - (Brutus knifing Julius Caesar so to speak) - so I have dismissed that one.

What about the guy that owns half of Katzens shares. He has no affinity to us. He could be pushing. It's really isn't as simple as we all think. These guys think they have the go ahead to get a majority stake. That means over 50 percent so one of mm or katzen isn't telling the truth to the trust
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 2132 viewsMoscowJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:17 - Apr 10 by dougie

Wrong....BK didn't bring these "Yanks" to the table. Maybe you're thinking of different "Yanks" but not these ones.

HJ and MM were very good friends....goodness knows what that friendship will look like after this. I've got no idea, but I wouldn't forgive someone for screwing me like this.

Re. BK - don't forget he is a rich man. LD, HJ, JvZ aren't. He doesn't NEED a deal as much as them so will also be happier to wait for the RIGHT deal, which is for a lot more than 100m that's being mentioned.

Believe me or not....your choice.....but I think it's all going to come out very, very soon anyway.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:04 - Apr 10 with 2115 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:43 - Apr 10 by dougie

What about the guy that owns half of Katzens shares. He has no affinity to us. He could be pushing. It's really isn't as simple as we all think. These guys think they have the go ahead to get a majority stake. That means over 50 percent so one of mm or katzen isn't telling the truth to the trust

Well that's got me thinking! If as Moscowjack states that the no's 1 2 and 3 largest shareholders were unaware of the advanced negotiations until yesterday then surely we are talking about the Trust, MM and Huw Jenkins, as he is the third largest shareholder not Katzen.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:09 - Apr 10 with 2100 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:59 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

Wrong....BK didn't bring these "Yanks" to the table. Maybe you're thinking of different "Yanks" but not these ones.

HJ and MM were very good friends....goodness knows what that friendship will look like after this. I've got no idea, but I wouldn't forgive someone for screwing me like this.

Re. BK - don't forget he is a rich man. LD, HJ, JvZ aren't. He doesn't NEED a deal as much as them so will also be happier to wait for the RIGHT deal, which is for a lot more than 100m that's being mentioned.

Believe me or not....your choice.....but I think it's all going to come out very, very soon anyway.

I believed you at the start, I was asking a largely rhetorical question out of surprise...nay, astonishment to get confirmation that I'd understood.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:15 - Apr 10 with 2074 viewsHighjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:04 - Apr 10 by morningstar

Well that's got me thinking! If as Moscowjack states that the no's 1 2 and 3 largest shareholders were unaware of the advanced negotiations until yesterday then surely we are talking about the Trust, MM and Huw Jenkins, as he is the third largest shareholder not Katzen.

Huw must have known about it because he's apparantly being kept on as the figurehead along with Dineen.

They (somebody) really need to come out and clarify what the fu cking hell is going on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:21 - Apr 10 with 2027 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:15 - Apr 10 by Highjack

Huw must have known about it because he's apparantly being kept on as the figurehead along with Dineen.

They (somebody) really need to come out and clarify what the fu cking hell is going on.

Exactly. And there is absolutely no way on this earth that Huw Jenkins would enter into negotiations that far without the knowledge of Martin Morgan, no matter what Nick/Moscowjack believes. I have known them both since we were young teenagers and they have remained the best of friends since.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 2006 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:21 - Apr 10 by morningstar

Exactly. And there is absolutely no way on this earth that Huw Jenkins would enter into negotiations that far without the knowledge of Martin Morgan, no matter what Nick/Moscowjack believes. I have known them both since we were young teenagers and they have remained the best of friends since.

But that's what Phil said too wasn't it? You told me that last night I thought, although I might be going off my head.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:31 - Apr 10 with 1997 viewsMoscowJack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:04 - Apr 10 by morningstar

Sorry, I meant MM (23%), Trust (21%) and BK (21% split with his business partner, but I see it as one shareholding).

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:42 - Apr 10 with 1955 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:29 - Apr 10 by monmouth

But that's what Phil said too wasn't it? You told me that last night I thought, although I might be going off my head.

It's what Phil was lead to believe yes.

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:43 - Apr 10 with 1949 viewsmax936

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:31 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

Sorry, I meant MM (23%), Trust (21%) and BK (21% split with his business partner, but I see it as one shareholding).

Well that's 65% of the shares so these Yanks can't buy a controlling interest without one of these on-board or am I missing something here?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:44 - Apr 10 with 1946 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:31 - Apr 10 by MoscowJack

This is the biggest scandal to hit the club since Peter Nicholas got a slab on credit at Shrewsbury!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:52 - Apr 10 with 1917 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:40 - Apr 10 by Darran

I hope to god that pic hasn't been taken in Swansea? Or indeed anywhere in the country on this weekends visit!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:56 - Apr 10 with 1906 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:43 - Apr 10 by max936

Well that's 65% of the shares so these Yanks can't buy a controlling interest without one of these on-board or am I missing something here?

Of course your missing something Max. We're all missing the same thing. NOTHING IN THIS ADDS UP AT ALL!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Apr 10 with 1882 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:40 - Apr 10 by Darran

Airedale - the guy on the left is Dave Kaspar (DCU General Manager), Jason Levien (Devil incarnate), Ben Olsen (DCU Coach former player played at Nottingham), Tom Hunt (DCU COO).

They are on the streets of Washington DC (see the flag in the background) - not the US one!
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:08 - Apr 10 with 1861 viewsmax936

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:56 - Apr 10 by morningstar

Of course your missing something Max. We're all missing the same thing. NOTHING IN THIS ADDS UP AT ALL!

Transparency isn't a word that's understood at SCFC it seems, the same happened with the last lot of shysters that turned up flashing silver dollars.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:12 - Apr 10 with 1843 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Apr 10 by JoeSoccerFan

Airedale - the guy on the left is Dave Kaspar (DCU General Manager), Jason Levien (Devil incarnate), Ben Olsen (DCU Coach former player played at Nottingham), Tom Hunt (DCU COO).

They are on the streets of Washington DC (see the flag in the background) - not the US one!

Thank god! I recognised Ben Olsen and thought "Why on earth would he be over here with them?"

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:20 - Apr 10 with 1804 viewsNeathJack

Sweet Jesus

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:23 - Apr 10 with 1789 viewsairedale

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:03 - Apr 10 by JoeSoccerFan

Ta Joe. Ha ha, looks just like the Guildhall in Swansea, except that the doors here are black.

Interesting times ahead methinks, Joe Black looks very young though.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:24 - Apr 10 with 1782 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:20 - Apr 10 by NeathJack

Sweet Jesus

Erm isn't he the guy who jumped into bed with Petty?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:24 - Apr 10 with 1775 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 19:24 - Apr 10 by morningstar

Erm isn't he the guy who jumped into bed with Petty?

Yes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024