Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS 19:22 - Apr 18 with 8017 viewsNoDiddley

Doesn't get much mention on here even though our own Clive is a resident columnist.
Dave Thomas puts a lot of time/effort into it as it is his source of income!
I recently wrote an article which Dave published in March issue 312 & as he says it fills the pages.
There are a load of wordsmith's on here, so why not knock up a rambling about your team & email it to Dave at qpr@netcomuk.co.uk
He will respond eventually (that's Dave).
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 19:32 - Apr 18 with 4859 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Big fan of both Dave and AKUTRs.

During the prem years (2nd and 3rd time round) I used to have a chuckle at the JCLs who pushed passed Dave to grab an official program. They seem to have dissipated now. Anyway, they never knew what they were missing.

AKUTRs and LFW (including Enoch Powell's children, and the Neil Warnock groupie) are the only sources of QPR musings I use.

Keep it up Dave. And Clive.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:03 - Apr 18 with 4786 viewsNorthernr

There's a Stan Bowles special coming shortly as well which looks bloody amazing.
We're lucky to have AKUTRs, most print fanzines have died away.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:06 - Apr 18 with 4765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It'll be thirty years in production next Summer. I still remember the thrill of the first one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:10 - Apr 18 with 4752 viewsRoller

The Stan Bowles special is going to be available from Saturday. I'll be plugging it later in the week.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:40 - Apr 18 with 4683 viewsDeano19766

Bought every issue in my teenage years and early 20's when travelling home and away. A great fanzine, and worth it's weight in gold before the internet. Says a lot for it that it's still going. Well done Dave Thomas. Out lived In The Loft (who remembers that?) and a couple of others that sprouted up for a few issues then died again. P.S. I like reading Clive's articles. Very dry and to the point. Highly amusing.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:49 - Apr 18 with 4654 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:40 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Bought every issue in my teenage years and early 20's when travelling home and away. A great fanzine, and worth it's weight in gold before the internet. Says a lot for it that it's still going. Well done Dave Thomas. Out lived In The Loft (who remembers that?) and a couple of others that sprouted up for a few issues then died again. P.S. I like reading Clive's articles. Very dry and to the point. Highly amusing.

The others were Gus's 'The Whingeing Donkey" and Pete Doherty's "All Quiet On The Western Road". Loved both of them. ITL was well done as well, but not quite my style somehow.

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 21:00 - Apr 18 with 4619 viewsflynnbo

Always get a copy from Julie whom I've known for God knows how many years. A great read and just love the quizzes.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 21:00 - Apr 18 with 4619 viewsCroydonCaptJack

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:10 - Apr 18 by Roller

The Stan Bowles special is going to be available from Saturday. I'll be plugging it later in the week.

If you see me on the way home and I haven't got one I'll expect a rollicking Simon!
Login to get fewer ads

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 21:45 - Apr 18 with 4535 viewsDeano19766

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:49 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

The others were Gus's 'The Whingeing Donkey" and Pete Doherty's "All Quiet On The Western Road". Loved both of them. ITL was well done as well, but not quite my style somehow.

Remember both of those Brian. Think I have one or two of each in the loft )pardon the pun!). There was another one as well. Shall have to go up into the loft and have a look this week
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 22:02 - Apr 18 with 4490 viewsDWQPR

Dave had the good grace to publish a 50th birthday wish from my family to me in the last edition. Always buy a copy and sometimes don't get round to reading them all, but they are all kept. Will always continue to buy a copy and support Dave in his efforts. Spoke to Dave last week whilst in the box office renewing season tickets and said about next year being 30 years, he said the club we're going to offer him a half price season ticket as a tribute, (actually it will be his over 60's concession!)

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 22:18 - Apr 18 with 4454 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 22:02 - Apr 18 by DWQPR

Dave had the good grace to publish a 50th birthday wish from my family to me in the last edition. Always buy a copy and sometimes don't get round to reading them all, but they are all kept. Will always continue to buy a copy and support Dave in his efforts. Spoke to Dave last week whilst in the box office renewing season tickets and said about next year being 30 years, he said the club we're going to offer him a half price season ticket as a tribute, (actually it will be his over 60's concession!)

You're right, DW. Since then I've remembered Emil Kadylak's "Ooh, I Think It's My Groin" and also "Beat About The Bush", not sure who did that one.

Maybe there was more?

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 23:07 - Apr 18 with 4381 viewsDeano19766

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 22:18 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

You're right, DW. Since then I've remembered Emil Kadylak's "Ooh, I Think It's My Groin" and also "Beat About The Bush", not sure who did that one.

Maybe there was more?

The club did a few issues of an 'official' fanzine around the early 90's. Didn't last long. I've got a copy somewhere.

Anyone remember the AKUTR's annual specials? Got one with Hale & Pace on the front in A4
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 23:14 - Apr 18 with 4369 viewsOakR

I use to love AKUTRS, was a brilliant read. May try to pen something.

Poll: Will we stay up?

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 23:19 - Apr 18 with 4357 viewsstowmarketrange

I agree with all the comments on here.I sorted out my boxes of programmes last summer and I must have every copy of AKUTR's still.
I always make sure I get my copy from Julie outside the loft.
A big thanks to Dave for all his hard work on the mag.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 23:41 - Apr 18 with 4326 viewsQPR442

Back in the old days i would always buy a copy and it was a great read after the game on the train home. As times have moved on, i don't buy it anymore as most of the news is out of date. I get most of my news online. Good luck to Dave and the rest, as that small fanzine is part of our history.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 00:17 - Apr 19 with 4299 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I always remember the edition with Phil Collins on the front. A speech bubble was asking "so exactly how long have you been a life long Spurs fan Phil"
Brilliant.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 00:18 - Apr 19 with 4299 viewsNoelmc

I always buy it and still find it a great read. It may not have the immediacy of the Internet but I really enjoy the considered articles and regular delves into our history that bring back good or even bad memories. "They shamed the Hoops" being a great example of the latter. I 've occasionally contributed to the Vox Pop features that Dave includes in some editions and must try to produce a longer piece for his consideration at some point soon.

It's a fantastic achievement by Dave & all involved in it's production to keep it going for 30 years. Long may it continue!
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 07:03 - Apr 19 with 4200 viewsFearless

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 20:49 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

All quiet on the western "avenue" surely Brian?
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 07:13 - Apr 19 with 4194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 07:03 - Apr 19 by Fearless

All quiet on the western "avenue" surely Brian?

Yes, of course. Sorry.

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 08:22 - Apr 19 with 4131 viewspaulparker

Always get a AKUTRS when I go to HQ , more for nostalgia because I find this MB a better source of information with better views
back in the day when it was pre internet that and In the Loft was a must buy , used to be some great articles and views and in the early days it was a source of transfer rumours as well
hopefully Dave keeps it going it must be a real labour of love and a drain at times
but in the early 90's it was the only thing that kept us fans ITK with our beloved football club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 08:38 - Apr 19 with 4107 viewsLblock

I do feel guilty that I stroll past adage now without buying it; I always used to.

I wrote a letter to my article for it after the Barnsley cup game which featured THAT goal by Tricky Trevor. My article focused on Andy Impey and his sending off and defended him in response to others giving him stick. I sent it in under a psdeuo name and it got published so I found it interesting seeing my mates reactions to it as we all read our new copies in The White Hart.

I'll buy it Saturday now!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 08:46 - Apr 19 with 4101 viewsdaveB

The Stan Bowles issue coming out on Saturday is going to be a bit special, i'd urge everyone to buy a copy
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 09:07 - Apr 19 with 4069 viewsYorkRanger

I always buy it. Sometimes the content can be a bit hit and miss and a touch repetitive, however as others have said we are lucky to have it and if we don't buy it then ultimately it will fail. The challenges of print media are well rehearsed, a few quid for AKUTRs is a small price to pay to keep it alive.

Besides that when you see Dave standing outside some Northern ground, on a cold, miserable winter's night where all too often Rangers will have capitulated in traditional fashion, it seems harsh not to buy it.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 09:30 - Apr 19 with 4026 viewsstevec

30 years? That really is some achievement.

Like many others, purely down to the internet, I'd stopped buying in recent times.. Fantastically well written fanzine, some real joy in reading it through what were many barren years for the club.

Have to admit, we are rather blessed, what with AKUTR's and LFW. Long may they all continue.
AKUTRs - Written BY the FANS for The FANS on 09:44 - Apr 19 with 4007 viewsterryb

I always buy, but often don't get round to reading all of it! It looks as if I will have two issues to buy on Saturday (illness permitting) as a little thing called Pleurisy made me miss the Charlton game!

I have had the good fortune for Dave to print some articles from me in the past & I drink pre match with their "new" columnist in Roller.

AKUTRs is rather special in our world of football.

Thank you, mainly to Dave, but also to all who have penned articles over the years!

See, something good came out of Fulham Park Rangers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024