Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager... 22:32 - Oct 28 with 15284 viewsGloucs_R

Can't think of anyone I'd want???

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager... on 09:54 - Nov 2 with 1933 viewshoof_hearted

Never mind next manager...I think next owner might be the more pertinent question. If I owned us I would be off unless there was a clear way of getting some of my "investment" back by exploiting the OOC deal within the next few years.

As I am not the owner I look at Portsmouth and Wimbledon and see how happy and supportive their fans are without a sugar daddy. Maybe one day that will be us. Sh!t, local and proud of it.
Next Manager... on 09:55 - Nov 2 with 1936 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 08:50 - Oct 29 by CheshireR

Our next two games will decide his fate - assuming of course he survives last night's debacle.
The annual inept performance and defeat at Forest followed by the visit of our six fingered friends from Norfolk.
I dread to think what an inform Norwich City will do to us.
I'm afraid we've backed the wrong horse with JFH.
Not sure who we look to next though - the Brentford manager seems to be doing a good job

That will be the same "in form Norwich", who lost their last match 5-0?
Next Manager... on 09:56 - Nov 2 with 1934 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 20:15 - Nov 1 by Gloucs_R

So back to my original post, nobody has a good suggestion if we were to replace Jimmy. We should have done it a month ago, now were stuck with him.

End of September, even more silly than end of October
Next Manager... on 10:02 - Nov 2 with 1925 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 17:41 - Nov 1 by francisbowles

And the reason is.........everybody's expectation levels are too high.....if you are not in the top 9 or 10 and not seriously making a challenge then let's make a change. Even at the end of the season if you finished third but lost in the play offs, you may not survive. Then if you do get promoted but are struggling around the bottom three, still not good enough to survive until Christmas or even the clocks going back!

No wonder managers are out for themselves and pay lip service to the future development of the club and it's young players. Whatever else Jimmy may do at least (it has been reported) he tries the young players and works on their development,

Agree.

TBF its not just us, all football is so short term, seems nearly every result calls for the manager to either be sacked or given a new contract - its barmy.

In the PL top 6, media coverage is bonkers - every result either makes them "genuine" title contenders if they win or the manager is under pressure when they don't.

Arsenal coverage is particularly silly - win and its 'is this the year they can win it" Lose and and its "Typical Arsenal, Wenger will never win the title."

After Christmas, commentators will start describing goals as "season defining"
Next Manager... on 10:09 - Nov 2 with 1912 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Manager... on 09:54 - Nov 2 by hoof_hearted

Never mind next manager...I think next owner might be the more pertinent question. If I owned us I would be off unless there was a clear way of getting some of my "investment" back by exploiting the OOC deal within the next few years.

As I am not the owner I look at Portsmouth and Wimbledon and see how happy and supportive their fans are without a sugar daddy. Maybe one day that will be us. Sh!t, local and proud of it.

It's possible - we kind of had that with Bill Power and in those days the fans who stuck with the club had tremendous unity. But there weren't many of us. Most couldn't hack it.

Bare bones.

Next Manager... on 10:15 - Nov 2 with 1923 viewshoof_hearted

Next Manager... on 10:09 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

It's possible - we kind of had that with Bill Power and in those days the fans who stuck with the club had tremendous unity. But there weren't many of us. Most couldn't hack it.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

I think the lure of the property buck means our trust won't get a look in but I can dream...
Next Manager... on 11:06 - Nov 2 with 1904 viewskensalriser

Trust ownership might work in the third and fourth tiers but it's not going to work at our level. Who's going to fund the annual losses?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Manager... on 14:48 - Nov 2 with 1796 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 11:50 - Oct 29 by nightwish

I know we live in an age of political correctness and free speech is dead and people shout racist if they don't have a constructive argument but if the club did sack JFH and personally I really don't think they will,with Les Ferdinand pulling the strings you just know the next manager will be Keith Curle or Chris Powell.

Ok, so wheres the "constructive" part of your reasoning on Les' next manager choices?
Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager... on 14:53 - Nov 2 with 1786 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 11:50 - Oct 29 by nightwish

I know we live in an age of political correctness and free speech is dead and people shout racist if they don't have a constructive argument but if the club did sack JFH and personally I really don't think they will,with Les Ferdinand pulling the strings you just know the next manager will be Keith Curle or Chris Powell.

I'd rather Keith Curle than Ainsworth who is only linked to the job as he was a good player for us
Next Manager... on 15:03 - Nov 2 with 1774 viewskensalriser

Next Manager... on 14:53 - Nov 2 by daveB

I'd rather Keith Curle than Ainsworth who is only linked to the job as he was a good player for us

We'd soon be calling Ainsworth Blackburn Gaz.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Manager... on 15:22 - Nov 2 with 1749 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Manager... on 15:03 - Nov 2 by kensalriser

We'd soon be calling Ainsworth Blackburn Gaz.

Indeed and if he had temerity to hire anyone he had ever said "Hello" to, then it would be "Jobs for mates"
Next Manager... on 16:21 - Nov 2 with 1714 viewsThe_Mole

Next Manager... on 14:53 - Nov 2 by daveB

But isn't that the same reason as to why LF is our DOF?
Next Manager... on 17:41 - Nov 2 with 1657 viewsDufster

Next Manager... on 10:09 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

I have often thought and stated that if invited Billy Power would make a great non exec addition to the board for insight and connection with the fans.....waddaya say TF?

I Say!

Next Manager... on 23:46 - Nov 2 with 1595 viewsFredManRave

Has anybody mentioned Tim Sherwood yet?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Next Manager... on 23:56 - Nov 2 with 1584 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Next Manager... on 23:46 - Nov 2 by FredManRave

Has anybody mentioned Tim Sherwood yet?!

Only The Sun mate
Next Manager... on 00:05 - Nov 3 with 1574 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Next Manager... on 23:56 - Nov 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Only The Sun mate

I beg to differ

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/181707/new-manager
Next Manager... on 00:13 - Nov 3 with 1568 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Next Manager... on 00:05 - Nov 3 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I beg to differ

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/181707/new-manager

Good call Hoop. I was only being sarcastic about The Sun though as I had just seen it on the other thread.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 0:13]
Next Manager... on 00:20 - Nov 3 with 1559 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Next Manager... on 00:13 - Nov 3 by CroydonCaptJack

Good call Hoop. I was only being sarcastic about The Sun though as I had just seen it on the other thread.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 0:13]

I know mate, just banging my own trumpet.

To be honest, I can't see it happening with the financial structure in place at the moment. I think the only way it would happen is if Timbo was paid the same peanuts as JFH but with a promise of greater riches if he can... well, provide an entertaining and successful team.
Next Manager... on 22:53 - Nov 5 with 1445 viewsGloucs_R

So....

Tim Sherwood
Chris Powell
Karl Robinson
Paul Ince
Nigel Pearson
Big Sam
Ian Holloway
Kenny jackett
Nigel Clough
Paulo di canio
Zola

Anyone else?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager... on 22:55 - Nov 5 with 1434 viewsbeanofire1

Next Manager... on 22:53 - Nov 5 by Gloucs_R

So....

Tim Sherwood
Chris Powell
Karl Robinson
Paul Ince
Nigel Pearson
Big Sam
Ian Holloway
Kenny jackett
Nigel Clough
Paulo di canio
Zola

Anyone else?

Paul Clement all day long.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Next Manager... on 22:55 - Nov 5 with 1432 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

It's Tim, deep down we all know it is.
Next Manager... on 22:59 - Nov 5 with 1421 viewspaulparker

Next Manager... on 22:53 - Nov 5 by Gloucs_R

So....

Tim Sherwood
Chris Powell
Karl Robinson
Paul Ince
Nigel Pearson
Big Sam
Ian Holloway
Kenny jackett
Nigel Clough
Paulo di canio
Zola

Anyone else?

Gary monk or Neil Ardly from Wimbledon

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next Manager... on 23:00 - Nov 5 with 1413 viewsrsonist

Do you know what...
Next Manager... on 23:06 - Nov 5 with 1388 viewsbrad

hodgson anyone?
Next Manager... on 23:09 - Nov 5 with 1370 viewsRs_Holy

Next Manager... on 22:55 - Nov 5 by Hoop_Du_Jour

It's Tim, deep down we all know it is.

This (unfortunately)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024