Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager... 22:32 - Oct 28 with 15282 viewsGloucs_R

Can't think of anyone I'd want???

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Manager... on 10:37 - Oct 29 with 2495 viewsBostonR

Next Manager... on 10:05 - Oct 29 by Discodroids

JFH Was 5th behind Kenny Jackett, Mark Warburton, Gary Monk and Nigel Clough on my realistic manager top trumps list for the job , and moreover, I thought we would finish somewhere in the region of 12th to 16th ..so they haven't failed to disappoint me in terms of results .

However, The entertainment value for money on the mean mode and median axis, is poorer than being stuck in the staff room at work listening to women talk about Kelly Hoppen flock wallpaper in perpetuity , discussing baby joshua's first solids, the range of shower curtain rings at Dunelm and the healing powers of vaginismus ointment .

in this age , Its expensive fare for what is served on the plate and increasingly hard to justify to ' er indoors the Fiscal outlay.

Falling crowd numbers and remedial offerings on the pitch may see JFH on his way out.

As for the replacement , I would go for Nigel Clough (again), Gary Monk (again), Gary Rowett (unrealistic) and Alan Stubbs would be worth another chance imo.

in addition, i would love to see Marc Mcnulty and/ or Zac Clough here as a variation to the collection of fu cked lumpen frankenstein body parts we currently use in that area of the field.

Its like watching wade dooley and Paul Ackford play up front.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 10:07]

Love the Wade Dooley and Paul Ackford comparison-spot on.
Next Manager... on 10:46 - Oct 29 with 2475 viewsMedwayR

I don't think we should sack JFH, yet, partly because we're pretty much exactly where expect us to be at the moment which is mid-table but he needs to show consistent signs of progress which includes some entertaining football and a settled team & formation with a coherent game plan. However, if he did go...

Neil Ardley is a good shout, would he want to come here though?
Paul Clement perhaps although that would obviously be another big gamble.
Darrell Clarke seems to be doing a good job at Bristol Rovers.
Karl Robinson could be a good option.

The likes of Pearson don't appeal to me in the slightest!

Poll: Who’s better?

Next Manager... on 11:35 - Oct 29 with 2439 viewsjohncharles

Next Manager... on 23:28 - Oct 28 by DannytheR

I'd give Michael O'Neill a spin at this point.

If there was any way on God's earth.......yes please !

Strong and stable my arse.

Next Manager... on 11:40 - Oct 29 with 2426 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 10:06 - Oct 29 by wgchoop

Remind me of the "good" this year ??

Leeds and Bristol City at home, Fulham and Cardiff away were good

Newcastle, Preston and last night dreadful and the rest all mediocre
Next Manager... on 11:48 - Oct 29 with 2408 viewsDejR_vu

De Canio

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Next Manager... on 11:50 - Oct 29 with 2402 viewsnightwish

I know we live in an age of political correctness and free speech is dead and people shout racist if they don't have a constructive argument but if the club did sack JFH and personally I really don't think they will,with Les Ferdinand pulling the strings you just know the next manager will be Keith Curle or Chris Powell.
Next Manager... on 12:24 - Oct 29 with 2348 viewspaulparker

Neil Ardley
Gareth Ainsworth
Warburton with Clint hill
Justin Edinburgh
Karl Robinson
Ollie & Birch
Clough ( although he wouldn't move from the Derby area)
Martin Allen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next Manager... on 12:44 - Oct 29 with 2316 viewsDWQPR

Next Manager... on 11:40 - Oct 29 by daveB

Leeds and Bristol City at home, Fulham and Cardiff away were good

Newcastle, Preston and last night dreadful and the rest all mediocre

Dave, the atmosphere in the away end at Fulham made that game good. But in reality that game was nothing more than a sticking plaster trying to stretch over the Grand Canyon. Had Fulham scored from their first penalty then they would have had their customary 3-0 half time lead against us and the atmosphere against Hasselbaink at that point would have made that against Ramsey in the same game last year look like hero worship, especially that it was the game directly after the Telegraph 'exposé'. Hasselbaink got very lucky that game. For the most part we were ripped a new one.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager... on 13:32 - Oct 29 with 2263 viewsDannytheR

Next Manager... on 11:35 - Oct 29 by johncharles

If there was any way on God's earth.......yes please !

There were rumours doing the rounds recently he was being lined up for the Scotland job when Strachan inevitably goes - so we'd need to move fast. I think he'd be a great fit for us.
Next Manager... on 13:38 - Oct 29 with 2247 viewsBAWHoops

Next Manager... on 11:50 - Oct 29 by nightwish

I know we live in an age of political correctness and free speech is dead and people shout racist if they don't have a constructive argument but if the club did sack JFH and personally I really don't think they will,with Les Ferdinand pulling the strings you just know the next manager will be Keith Curle or Chris Powell.

But that is a racist assumption!

You are saying Ferdinand only hires people because they are black.

He had no previous with JFH, not his mate, never played together. He was the manager sitting top of the league below and interviewed well. Was a clear favourite for the job.

So, yeah I'm going to call you out on it you racist piece of shit

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next Manager... on 13:43 - Oct 29 with 2221 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 12:44 - Oct 29 by DWQPR

Dave, the atmosphere in the away end at Fulham made that game good. But in reality that game was nothing more than a sticking plaster trying to stretch over the Grand Canyon. Had Fulham scored from their first penalty then they would have had their customary 3-0 half time lead against us and the atmosphere against Hasselbaink at that point would have made that against Ramsey in the same game last year look like hero worship, especially that it was the game directly after the Telegraph 'exposé'. Hasselbaink got very lucky that game. For the most part we were ripped a new one.

yeah we got lucky but every game has been fine margins, if Washingtons shot goes in early last night it's a different game as well but I enjoyed how we played going forward in the Fulham game.
Next Manager... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 2214 viewsdaveB

Next Manager... on 12:24 - Oct 29 by paulparker

Neil Ardley
Gareth Ainsworth
Justin Edinburgh
Karl Robinson
Ollie & Birch
Martin Allen

I'm petty so wouldn't have Martin Allen due to him saying he wanted us to lose to Brentford last night, plus he's a shit manager.

I think if Ainsworth wasn't ex QPR he'd be nowhere near anyones thinking.

The list is pretty dour though, I'd go with Lee Johnson but really I have no idea as there doesn't seem to be one outstanding candidate.
Next Manager... on 14:22 - Oct 29 with 2172 viewsRangersw12

Next Manager... on 11:50 - Oct 29 by nightwish

Just another pathetic fan who can't admit to the fact they don't like having a black manager or a black director of football
Next Manager... on 14:32 - Oct 29 with 2144 viewspaulparker

Next Manager... on 13:46 - Oct 29 by daveB

I'm petty so wouldn't have Martin Allen due to him saying he wanted us to lose to Brentford last night, plus he's a shit manager.

I think if Ainsworth wasn't ex QPR he'd be nowhere near anyones thinking.

The list is pretty dour though, I'd go with Lee Johnson but really I have no idea as there doesn't seem to be one outstanding candidate.

I'd have lee Johnson and said about him last year as someone who we should have gone for when he was at Barnsley I'd also have Rowett but the list I put down is realistic as Johnson nor Rowett would come any where near us at the moment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next Manager... on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 2143 viewsRangersw12

Next Manager... on 12:24 - Oct 29 by paulparker

Neil Ardley
Gareth Ainsworth
Justin Edinburgh
Karl Robinson
Ollie & Birch
Martin Allen

if we sack him then I think we need a manager with a personality who can galvanise the support so for me has to be Holloway

He also has some unfinished business here and would be bang up for it
Next Manager... on 14:40 - Oct 29 with 1835 viewsrsonist

Human centipede of Ollie Rowly Cookie Gallen Warnock Derry Hill Ainsworth and Bob Malcolm sewn together arse-to-mouth.
Next Manager... on 14:42 - Oct 29 with 1825 viewsBrixtonR

Next Manager... on 14:34 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

if we sack him then I think we need a manager with a personality who can galvanise the support so for me has to be Holloway

He also has some unfinished business here and would be bang up for it

Holloway's lost it mate, speak to any Millwall fan and they will say he had totally lost the plot most of his last season there. He looked seriously ill by the time he was sacked. Similar at Palace he just walked out as he couldn't take it anymore.
After seeing how he was at Wall I just don't think he has the mentality to be a manager anymore unfortunately.
Next Manager... on 14:47 - Oct 29 with 1806 viewsHooped_Pullie

It's only last week that Ferdinand was on the Beeb stating that JFH was undoubtedly the 'right man for the job', so personally I'd say we'll have to go through a pointless November (Forest & Ipswich away, with a heavy stuffing at home by Norwich as the meat in the sandwich) before all concerned swallow their embarrassment.

An atrocious situation, to be sure : a few short weeks ago Warnock, Jackett, MacLaren and even Bruce were all still available and after new jobs. Now NONE of them are. Personally, some of the names on this thread would be real risks, and I'm not sure if the brilliant Michael O'Neill would really fancy it, though (amazingly) no-one else seems to be keen to give him a chance. As an aside, I think he's close to Madge too, if I recall right he was his assistant at Shamrock Rovers !

When the inevitable is finally bowed to, I wouldn't be averse to a Holloway/Bircham deal, initially perhaps till the end of the season. It's not the best we could have had - Warnock has picked up more points for Cardiff in three games than the previous manager did in TWELVE games with the same players, so you can clearly see the difference a really good manager can make - but it might be the best we could hope for. Chris Powell ? No thanks, good in L1 (as was JFH) but a failure everywhere else.
Next Manager... on 14:48 - Oct 29 with 1799 viewsRangersw12

Next Manager... on 14:42 - Oct 29 by BrixtonR

Holloway's lost it mate, speak to any Millwall fan and they will say he had totally lost the plot most of his last season there. He looked seriously ill by the time he was sacked. Similar at Palace he just walked out as he couldn't take it anymore.
After seeing how he was at Wall I just don't think he has the mentality to be a manager anymore unfortunately.

You might be right mate but I just want a manager I like and would at least have a bit of credit with the fans before the usual people want him out

You booked Ipswich train tickets yet ?
Next Manager... on 15:25 - Oct 29 with 1759 viewsBrixtonR

Next Manager... on 14:48 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

You might be right mate but I just want a manager I like and would at least have a bit of credit with the fans before the usual people want him out

You booked Ipswich train tickets yet ?

Fair enough mate, I do see your thinking.

The credit in the bank thing is why I want Pearson because what he has on his CV means I'd have faith in him to get things right over a period of time . Also I watched Leicester quite a few times over both spells he was manager and they were always competitive and OK to watch nothing like the rubbish I've seen in the last couple of years. Leicester fans I know generally like Person too.

I know loads of people hate him but loads of people hated Warnock. Thing is I think he could do the job properly which is more important than a popularity contest the state the club is in now. It reminds me of just before Warnock came on. Interestingly Warnock who knows the machinations of the club said we should have gone for Pearson when we appointed JFH.

Anyhow I'm probably in a minority of 1 on that lol

Not sorted the tickets yet mate, seeing how it goes as last night wasn't exactly fun plus it's £32.50 for a match ticket which is a pizz take.
Next Manager... on 15:38 - Oct 29 with 1741 viewsRangersw12

Next Manager... on 15:25 - Oct 29 by BrixtonR

Fair enough mate, I do see your thinking.

The credit in the bank thing is why I want Pearson because what he has on his CV means I'd have faith in him to get things right over a period of time . Also I watched Leicester quite a few times over both spells he was manager and they were always competitive and OK to watch nothing like the rubbish I've seen in the last couple of years. Leicester fans I know generally like Person too.

I know loads of people hate him but loads of people hated Warnock. Thing is I think he could do the job properly which is more important than a popularity contest the state the club is in now. It reminds me of just before Warnock came on. Interestingly Warnock who knows the machinations of the club said we should have gone for Pearson when we appointed JFH.

Anyhow I'm probably in a minority of 1 on that lol

Not sorted the tickets yet mate, seeing how it goes as last night wasn't exactly fun plus it's £32.50 for a match ticket which is a pizz take.

Pearson has a good record but he starts off quite slowly and we don't have the patience for that so people would be wanting him out after 6 months .

Good point with Warnock I remember saying you know how far we have fallen when Warnock is the answer but he was exactly what we needed and did a superb job

As for Ipswich that will be my last game before Christmas so will be properly getting on it , we know the football will be shite but never stops us having a good day
Next Manager... on 16:07 - Oct 29 with 1719 viewsGloucs_R

Lets be honest, smarter teams around us made decisive decisions last month whilst we back Singapore Jimmy.

Warnock, McClaren and Bruce would have been my choices, all gone
Jackett next - now gone to Rotherham

Dont really know if there are too many others out there.

Some names to make you shudder:

Sherwood
Di Canio
Hoddle (not sure how I feel about him)
Hyypia
Garde
Di Matteo
Lambert
mcLeish
Keane

Would you have De Canio back?

Next Manager... on 17:01 - Oct 29 with 1672 viewsrsonist

Cardiff 0-1 Wigan FT.
Next Manager... on 17:07 - Oct 29 with 1666 viewsrsonist

Next Manager... on 16:07 - Oct 29 by Gloucs_R

Lets be honest, smarter teams around us made decisive decisions last month whilst we back Singapore Jimmy.

Warnock, McClaren and Bruce would have been my choices, all gone
Jackett next - now gone to Rotherham

Dont really know if there are too many others out there.

Some names to make you shudder:

Sherwood
Di Canio
Hoddle (not sure how I feel about him)
Hyypia
Garde
Di Matteo
Lambert
mcLeish
Keane

Would you have De Canio back?

Remi Garde is actually the best shout in the thread.... not that all the pig -ignorant EDL stormtroopers round here would give him a chance mind.
Next Manager... on 15:03 - Oct 30 with 1549 viewsGloucs_R

Looking at the options, are we better off sticking?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024