Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow ticket info 16:04 - Dec 16 with 18003 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/barrow-fa-cup-details-confirme

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Barrow ticket info on 11:25 - Dec 29 with 2012 viewsD_Alien

Barrow ticket info on 10:52 - Dec 29 by SandyDrum

"It is one ticket only per Season Ticket holder and tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis while tickets are available. We urge Season Ticket holders to buy early to avoid disappointment.

If tickets are still available after this time, tickets will go on general sale on Thursday 29th December at 9am. They will remain on sale until 3pm on Friday 6th January, or until sold out"

General Sale is general sale, those T&C's are completely explicit to Season Ticket holders and absolutely nowhere does it say in the general sale it is limited to one ticket.

It's similar to being part of a 'fan club' for a band, they often put tickets for sale to their 'fan club' members but limited to ONE per person. This is due to that person usually paying to be a member of the club, therefore they have explicit rights to buy ONE ticket for themselves to avoid missing out on the general sale.

This is to stop touts paying to be part of the fan club and buying tickets to sell on.

However when tickets go on 'General Sale' this means it's a free for all and you can buy as many tickets as you want.

4 people so far have posted on here about being surprised about it being 1 ticket only, with one person storming out and not buying any at all.

One simple sentence on the official website article would have been suffice.

Completely agree with you SandyDrum, your example above being perfectly rational

As usual though, some people will use the lack of clarity to take the piss

It's really not helpful is it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barrow ticket info on 11:48 - Dec 29 with 1928 viewsfirgrovedale51

Barrow ticket info on 10:52 - Dec 29 by SandyDrum

"It is one ticket only per Season Ticket holder and tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis while tickets are available. We urge Season Ticket holders to buy early to avoid disappointment.

If tickets are still available after this time, tickets will go on general sale on Thursday 29th December at 9am. They will remain on sale until 3pm on Friday 6th January, or until sold out"

General Sale is general sale, those T&C's are completely explicit to Season Ticket holders and absolutely nowhere does it say in the general sale it is limited to one ticket.

It's similar to being part of a 'fan club' for a band, they often put tickets for sale to their 'fan club' members but limited to ONE per person. This is due to that person usually paying to be a member of the club, therefore they have explicit rights to buy ONE ticket for themselves to avoid missing out on the general sale.

This is to stop touts paying to be part of the fan club and buying tickets to sell on.

However when tickets go on 'General Sale' this means it's a free for all and you can buy as many tickets as you want.

4 people so far have posted on here about being surprised about it being 1 ticket only, with one person storming out and not buying any at all.

One simple sentence on the official website article would have been suffice.

Agreed it could have been made clearer in the latter ticket info release , I took it as read not used to queuing for tickets
Barrow ticket info on 12:01 - Dec 29 with 1893 viewsRAFC_1990

Have no issue at all with the 1 per person, but why not state that in the article? That is all we are saying. As usual, the same folk making the same unhelpful comments.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Barrow ticket info on 12:06 - Dec 29 with 1859 viewsnordenblue

Barrow ticket info on 12:01 - Dec 29 by RAFC_1990

Have no issue at all with the 1 per person, but why not state that in the article? That is all we are saying. As usual, the same folk making the same unhelpful comments.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head....
Barrow ticket info on 12:18 - Dec 29 with 1809 viewsSandyDrum

Agreed, absolutely no issue with 1 per person, it's fair.
Just make it clear beforehand.

The good news is a very helpful member of this forum is selling me a ticket so I'll be able to go, happy days!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Barrow ticket info on 12:27 - Dec 29 with 1731 viewsBigDaveMyCock

He agreed with you that it should have been made clearer??

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Barrow ticket info on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 1626 viewsjudd

If you don't pay attention to what was actually written then I'm sure you can see how misunderstandings arise.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Barrow ticket info on 14:01 - Dec 29 with 1546 viewsdawlishdale

Barrow ticket info on 10:25 - Dec 29 by ClitheroeDale

Got there at 8.00am this morning. One guy was absolutely fuming with Francis. He was hoping to buy 4 but was told he could only get 2. Stormed out without getting any.

My Dad just called me to say he managed to get a ticket for me, and he must have been behind this chap, who was making quite a fuss at the ticket office.
However, my dad says that he was trying to buy 8 tickets; not 4, and was told that he could have 2 as a gesture of goodwill. He was quite rude to the woman helping him, and left without buying any.

Guess there are two sides to this, depending on who you choose to believe.

If I'm not well enough to travel, I already have someone else who wants my ticket.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow ticket info on 14:13 - Dec 29 with 1513 viewsDickster

I have spare ticket. If anyone wants to buy it let me know.
Barrow ticket info on 14:26 - Dec 29 with 1464 viewsRowZ

A group of 5 of us had hoped to get tickets. 2 went to the ticket office this morning as the other 3 had to go to work, got the news that we couldn't have our day out as planned due to it being 1 ticket per person, something which was not made clear in any correspondence from the club. Absolute joke! Could have easily sent a couple of mates who are off for Xmas to pick up the tickets instead... had we been given prior notice.

In regards to season ticket holders being given priority... I understand fully that when buying a season ticket you are given access to 'special benefits.' But, why should tickets on general sale then be limited to 1 ticket per person?

Many of us 'non season-ticket holders' pay just as much if not more money into the club by paying weekly, personally I simply cannot afford 350 pounds in one lump sum at the start of the season and therefore have to pay on the day at every game. In the long run I lose money & the club gain money, but needs must, it doesn't stop me from attending most if not all home games. It's a shame that fans like me now have to miss out on the Barrow game despite being just as loyal as any season ticket holder. I suppose money talks...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 14:31]
Barrow ticket info on 16:29 - Dec 29 with 1300 viewsRAFC_1990

Barrow ticket info on 12:18 - Dec 29 by SandyDrum

Agreed, absolutely no issue with 1 per person, it's fair.
Just make it clear beforehand.

The good news is a very helpful member of this forum is selling me a ticket so I'll be able to go, happy days!

What about the drum?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Barrow ticket info on 16:38 - Dec 29 with 1264 views442Dale

Barrow ticket info on 14:01 - Dec 29 by dawlishdale

My Dad just called me to say he managed to get a ticket for me, and he must have been behind this chap, who was making quite a fuss at the ticket office.
However, my dad says that he was trying to buy 8 tickets; not 4, and was told that he could have 2 as a gesture of goodwill. He was quite rude to the woman helping him, and left without buying any.

Guess there are two sides to this, depending on who you choose to believe.

If I'm not well enough to travel, I already have someone else who wants my ticket.

There appeared to be some confusion around the amount of tickets per person because at one point two per person was mentioned. Frances was excellent and did her best to manage a difficult situation, especially when it became apparent some supporters were disappointed. There was a willingness to accept where improvements could have been made (detailing on the OS story how many tickets per person), and I'm sure these will be communicated to those in charge of the ticketing side of things for the future.

Barrow ticket info on 16:54 - Dec 29 with 1223 viewsR17ALE

Barrow ticket info on 14:26 - Dec 29 by RowZ

A group of 5 of us had hoped to get tickets. 2 went to the ticket office this morning as the other 3 had to go to work, got the news that we couldn't have our day out as planned due to it being 1 ticket per person, something which was not made clear in any correspondence from the club. Absolute joke! Could have easily sent a couple of mates who are off for Xmas to pick up the tickets instead... had we been given prior notice.

In regards to season ticket holders being given priority... I understand fully that when buying a season ticket you are given access to 'special benefits.' But, why should tickets on general sale then be limited to 1 ticket per person?

Many of us 'non season-ticket holders' pay just as much if not more money into the club by paying weekly, personally I simply cannot afford 350 pounds in one lump sum at the start of the season and therefore have to pay on the day at every game. In the long run I lose money & the club gain money, but needs must, it doesn't stop me from attending most if not all home games. It's a shame that fans like me now have to miss out on the Barrow game despite being just as loyal as any season ticket holder. I suppose money talks...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 14:31]

You have my sympathy, as I agree with some of what you've said.

However, you could look at it another way.

Arguably, you are the first Dale supporter ever in 100 years who has had to miss out on a ticket to a game because Dale 'sold out' due to demand exceeding supply.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Barrow ticket info on 17:03 - Dec 29 with 1201 views442Dale

Barrow ticket info on 16:54 - Dec 29 by R17ALE

You have my sympathy, as I agree with some of what you've said.

However, you could look at it another way.

Arguably, you are the first Dale supporter ever in 100 years who has had to miss out on a ticket to a game because Dale 'sold out' due to demand exceeding supply.

Apart from all those outside Bloomfield Road last season when we blamed Blackpool.

Barrow ticket info on 17:24 - Dec 29 with 1154 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow ticket info on 17:03 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Apart from all those outside Bloomfield Road last season when we blamed Blackpool.

When they're gone, they're gone. End of.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024