Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Rochdale fans... 23:43 - Aug 24 with 17263 viewsBURYFC_1885

... I congratulate you in advance for your easy victory on Saturday..

On a more serious note, what's the feeling around the Dale camp ahead of Saturdays game?

I think any Bury fan would tell you they'd be amazed if Bury got anything from this fixture.. given our abysmal recent record at Spotland and poor form coming into the game. Lee Clark has done little so far to give the fans any optimism.

But who knows... they say form goes out of the window for Derby matches..

I'll go for 3-1 Dale.. Attendance of 4,900 with 1,600 Shakers. Play anything like we did in the league under Flitcroft at Spotland and it will get ugly after the match.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 23:44]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 06:26 - Aug 25 with 7121 viewsfunkkk

We're expecting to lose too. Should be fun.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 07:24 - Aug 25 with 7073 viewsTalkingSutty

The players you have brought into the Club you should breeze to Promotion, anything less will again leave bury open to ridicule, so getting your excuses in early doesn't wash. You should be favourites to win every game you play when you look at the wages you are paying and the amount of debt you are accumulating to do it.... commonly known as cheating, Stockport did the same thing!! A very wise man once said 'every point Bury manage to glean will count for nothing' and I think he's right.... nobody likes a cheat.

What will get ugly after the match? Losing at Spotland is a common occurrence for bury so it shouldn't come as a shock to the school kids, they've been weaned on it. According to the fat controller your new spanking new Stadium will be up and ready for next season, bet you can't wait, how's it progressing?? Why not erect a big countdown clock over the market entrance showing the exact date and time of the official opening, less than 300 days now and you'll be in your new home. He did say 2018 didn't he? #spoonfed
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 7:33]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:45 - Aug 25 with 6964 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 07:24 - Aug 25 by TalkingSutty

The players you have brought into the Club you should breeze to Promotion, anything less will again leave bury open to ridicule, so getting your excuses in early doesn't wash. You should be favourites to win every game you play when you look at the wages you are paying and the amount of debt you are accumulating to do it.... commonly known as cheating, Stockport did the same thing!! A very wise man once said 'every point Bury manage to glean will count for nothing' and I think he's right.... nobody likes a cheat.

What will get ugly after the match? Losing at Spotland is a common occurrence for bury so it shouldn't come as a shock to the school kids, they've been weaned on it. According to the fat controller your new spanking new Stadium will be up and ready for next season, bet you can't wait, how's it progressing?? Why not erect a big countdown clock over the market entrance showing the exact date and time of the official opening, less than 300 days now and you'll be in your new home. He did say 2018 didn't he? #spoonfed
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 7:33]

I'm sorry but most of that post is absolute hate fuelled drivel. I come here to look for sensible insight into feelings for Saturdays game and get this. Breeze to promotion? Favourites to win every game? Cheating?

I won't discect the second paragraph, that really is some hate filled fantasy.

Whilst we have undoubtedly improved our squad from last year, it's improving from a squad that was very poor. We have brought in some good players there's no doubt about that but there are still many squads better than ours. Most Bury fans would be content with a top 10 finish this season.

Charlton
Blackburn
Wigan
Oxford
MK Dons
Scunthorpe
Peterborough
Rotherham
Portsmouth

All of the above clubs definately have better squads than Bury this season. We will not be favourites to beat any of those.

As for the cheating part, frankly laughable and something only a Rochdale fan would say. We are yet to breach FFP, and have made much more than Dale in transfer fees over the last 12 months, we are on about £2M in sales in the last 12 months.

I did not come here to argue, so apologies to other users.. however this was absolute drivel and the poster knows that.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 8:46]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 6952 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:45 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I'm sorry but most of that post is absolute hate fuelled drivel. I come here to look for sensible insight into feelings for Saturdays game and get this. Breeze to promotion? Favourites to win every game? Cheating?

I won't discect the second paragraph, that really is some hate filled fantasy.

Whilst we have undoubtedly improved our squad from last year, it's improving from a squad that was very poor. We have brought in some good players there's no doubt about that but there are still many squads better than ours. Most Bury fans would be content with a top 10 finish this season.

Charlton
Blackburn
Wigan
Oxford
MK Dons
Scunthorpe
Peterborough
Rotherham
Portsmouth

All of the above clubs definately have better squads than Bury this season. We will not be favourites to beat any of those.

As for the cheating part, frankly laughable and something only a Rochdale fan would say. We are yet to breach FFP, and have made much more than Dale in transfer fees over the last 12 months, we are on about £2M in sales in the last 12 months.

I did not come here to argue, so apologies to other users.. however this was absolute drivel and the poster knows that.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 8:46]

Ever heard of a player called Scott Hogan?

Anyway, you and some of your fans might only expect top ten, but I think your Chur has other ideas.

Are all your players turning out for free?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:54 - Aug 25 with 6944 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:48 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Ever heard of a player called Scott Hogan?

Anyway, you and some of your fans might only expect top ten, but I think your Chur has other ideas.

Are all your players turning out for free?

Of course I have heard of Scott Hogan, a very good player who Rochdale sold for 750k and netted a nice windfall after his sale to Aston Villa. Good business however it's not worth bragging over is it?

It's only what we did with David Nugent 12 years earlier and will continue to do with the likes of Jacob Bedaeu, Obi, Tsun Dai and Callum Styles..

Are our players turning out for free? No of course not.. it doesn't take a genius to work out we have attracted some good players who won't have come cheap, thus putting extra pressure on the club to perform well in the league. Every Bury fan knows this hence why some are skeptical of Lee Clark''s ability to fulfill the expectations of this season.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:00 - Aug 25 with 6921 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 08:54 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Of course I have heard of Scott Hogan, a very good player who Rochdale sold for 750k and netted a nice windfall after his sale to Aston Villa. Good business however it's not worth bragging over is it?

It's only what we did with David Nugent 12 years earlier and will continue to do with the likes of Jacob Bedaeu, Obi, Tsun Dai and Callum Styles..

Are our players turning out for free? No of course not.. it doesn't take a genius to work out we have attracted some good players who won't have come cheap, thus putting extra pressure on the club to perform well in the league. Every Bury fan knows this hence why some are skeptical of Lee Clark''s ability to fulfill the expectations of this season.

You said/bragged that Bury had brought in more in transfer fees than we had in 12 months. Villa bought Scott Hogan and we got a good cut of it, so I don't think you're right, especially as you don't actually know how much you got for these superstars.

And at what cost? The fee for Leon Clarke probably covered the yearly outlay on his wages, for example.

'Every Bury fan known this'. Really? The one interviewed by this site suggests there are plenty of the 'enjoy the ride' types who don't.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:09 - Aug 25 with 6897 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:00 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

You said/bragged that Bury had brought in more in transfer fees than we had in 12 months. Villa bought Scott Hogan and we got a good cut of it, so I don't think you're right, especially as you don't actually know how much you got for these superstars.

And at what cost? The fee for Leon Clarke probably covered the yearly outlay on his wages, for example.

'Every Bury fan known this'. Really? The one interviewed by this site suggests there are plenty of the 'enjoy the ride' types who don't.

I wasn't bragging.. It's easy to see Rochdale have sold on some great players over the years.

I was merely highlighting that you can't criticise the players we've brought in without looking at the money generated from transfers.

As for not knowing how much we received..

It is in the public domain that we received 900k for both Bedeau and Vaughan.. 200k for George Miller and 450k for Will Ferry to Southampton.

I do get the feeling from posters on here that just because I'm a Bury fan I'm having to put up with unwanted greif. If it was say a Northampton fan asking for opposition insight into opinions into an upcoming match would they be subject to the same vitriol as I was by TalkingShite?

Rochdale fans have frequently posted on the Bury messageboard without any trouble. I was clearly wrong in thinking it would be the same roles reversed.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:13]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:14 - Aug 25 with 6869 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:09 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I wasn't bragging.. It's easy to see Rochdale have sold on some great players over the years.

I was merely highlighting that you can't criticise the players we've brought in without looking at the money generated from transfers.

It is in the public domain that we received 900k for both Bedeau and Vaughan.. 200k for George Miller and 450k for Will Ferry to Southampton.

I do get the feeling from posters on here that just because I'm a Bury fan I'm having to put up with unwanted greif. If it was say a Northampton fan asking for opposition insight into opinions into an upcoming match would they be subject to the same vitriol as I was by TalkingShite?

Rochdale fans have frequently posted on the Bury messageboard without any trouble. I was clearly wrong in thinking it would be the same roles reversed.

As have sensible Bury fans on here.

Others usually have an agenda...

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:16 - Aug 25 with 6861 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:14 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

As have sensible Bury fans on here.

Others usually have an agenda...

I have no agenda... read my opening post. It would be nice if someone actually answered it instead of just making slanderious comments towards the club.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:22 - Aug 25 with 6827 viewsscarrow

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:16 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I have no agenda... read my opening post. It would be nice if someone actually answered it instead of just making slanderious comments towards the club.

What is clear is that wages paid by bury are far in excess of what you earn through gate receipts etc. Debts are increasing which is clear to everyone through your accounts. So the genuine question is where is the money coming from?

Poll: Final position

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:23 - Aug 25 with 6831 viewsTalkingSutty

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:09 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

So explain how your Club is millions of pounds in debt, specislise in shafting the little man and racking up court orders, yet can bring Championship standard footballers to the Club and pay their wages? You aren"t the only Club obviously but your still attempting to gain advantages by spending money that you will never have...that's cheating in most peoples books. Hope you go the same way as Stockport, you deserve it. Dont cofuse my posts as a personal attack because it isn't, i'm just potraying my own feelings towards your Club👍
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:27 - Aug 25 with 6816 viewsTVOS1907

We're worried about our defence and have yet to fire in attack.

These things have been discussed on other threads.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:30 - Aug 25 with 6810 viewsnordenblue

What's slanderous about the truth?
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:31 - Aug 25 with 6802 viewsScunnydale

Read the opening response.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:36 - Aug 25 with 6788 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:23 - Aug 25 by TalkingSutty

So explain how your Club is millions of pounds in debt, specislise in shafting the little man and racking up court orders, yet can bring Championship standard footballers to the Club and pay their wages? You aren"t the only Club obviously but your still attempting to gain advantages by spending money that you will never have...that's cheating in most peoples books. Hope you go the same way as Stockport, you deserve it. Dont cofuse my posts as a personal attack because it isn't, i'm just potraying my own feelings towards your Club👍

Explain to me simply then, why Bury haven't been placed under a transfer embargo or breached FFP rules?

Why not ask these questions directly to Bury FC if you want direct answers?

Oh and I agree by the way, the club on numerous occasuons has simply opted not to pay its suppliers. Which is terrible, and not one Bury fan endorses such sly business practise. Stewart Day many fans have questioned him from the day he walked into the door and still do now.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:38]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:40 - Aug 25 with 6765 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:36 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Explain to me simply then, why Bury haven't been placed under a transfer embargo or breached FFP rules?

Why not ask these questions directly to Bury FC if you want direct answers?

Oh and I agree by the way, the club on numerous occasuons has simply opted not to pay its suppliers. Which is terrible, and not one Bury fan endorses such sly business practise. Stewart Day many fans have questioned him from the day he walked into the door and still do now.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:38]

And many are happy to 'enjoy the ride', while small businesses, kit suppliers, etc, are still waiting for payments.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 6755 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:40 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

And many are happy to 'enjoy the ride', while small businesses, kit suppliers, etc, are still waiting for payments.

Is that my fault TVOS? Rochdale fans seem to blame Bury fans for the actions of our chairman.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:48 - Aug 25 with 6733 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:43 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Is that my fault TVOS? Rochdale fans seem to blame Bury fans for the actions of our chairman.

Never said it was, just answering your point.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:52 - Aug 25 with 6722 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:48 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Never said it was, just answering your point.

As an aside TVOS and TalkingSutty.. at risk of taking the thread off topic although I feel this point has already been reached...

What would you suggest Bury fans do regarding Stewart Day that we haven't already tried?

I see you are generally full of criticism for Bury FC and their owners and wrongly associate this with Bury fans... so what do you suggest we do? Stop supporting the club?

Realistically, what would Rochdale fans have done differently had Stewart Day walked in and took over at Rochdale?

You blame a section of our support for 'enjoying the ride' but what is the other alternative? Being depressed over the state and prospects of the club? Many fans have families and priorities in their own life that take precedence over the running of Bury FC... at the end of a hard week they just want some relief by watching the team they support on a Saturday... that doesn't make them bad people does it?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:56]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:00 - Aug 25 with 6677 viewsCamdenDale

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:02 - Aug 25 with 6668 viewsnordenblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:52 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

As an aside TVOS and TalkingSutty.. at risk of taking the thread off topic although I feel this point has already been reached...

What would you suggest Bury fans do regarding Stewart Day that we haven't already tried?

I see you are generally full of criticism for Bury FC and their owners and wrongly associate this with Bury fans... so what do you suggest we do? Stop supporting the club?

Realistically, what would Rochdale fans have done differently had Stewart Day walked in and took over at Rochdale?

You blame a section of our support for 'enjoying the ride' but what is the other alternative? Being depressed over the state and prospects of the club? Many fans have families and priorities in their own life that take precedence over the running of Bury FC... at the end of a hard week they just want some relief by watching the team they support on a Saturday... that doesn't make them bad people does it?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:56]

It will be the exact same fans laughing and singing if bury win on Sat knowing full well there s players currently wearing your clubs shirt that you can ill afford,whilst rubbing other fans noses in it continually whenever you win, keep on lapping it up till the inevitable happens.

Get your buckets at the ready to play on people's softer side bleating how your clubs in danger of folding yet again,you won't get much sympathy on here and rightly fooking so........
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:04]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:03 - Aug 25 with 6657 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:02 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

It will be the exact same fans laughing and singing if bury win on Sat knowing full well there s players currently wearing your clubs shirt that you can ill afford,whilst rubbing other fans noses in it continually whenever you win, keep on lapping it up till the inevitable happens.

Get your buckets at the ready to play on people's softer side bleating how your clubs in danger of folding yet again,you won't get much sympathy on here and rightly fooking so........
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:04]

Again, are Bury fans now expected not to celebrate or cheer their team winning a local Derby?
What's the point in us taking any fans then going off of your logic... we might as well just stay at home and do something else with our weekend.

As I have asked TVOS and TalkingSutty... roles reversed what would Rochdale fans have done differently? Would they stop supporting Rochdale, a club they have supported their whole life? Would they sit in silence at Gigg Lane because they aren't allowed to celebrate or cheer their team?

Anyway, there is no chance of Bury winning on Saturday!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:11]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:06 - Aug 25 with 6631 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:00 - Aug 25 by CamdenDale

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...

It's nice to know you aren't all like this!
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:10 - Aug 25 with 6609 viewsDaley_Lama

Thank **** we only have to play this lot twice a season.

Somebody poke me when this guff is all over.

Poll: DF in or out

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:11 - Aug 25 with 6605 viewsnordenblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:03 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Again, are Bury fans now expected not to celebrate or cheer their team winning a local Derby?
What's the point in us taking any fans then going off of your logic... we might as well just stay at home and do something else with our weekend.

As I have asked TVOS and TalkingSutty... roles reversed what would Rochdale fans have done differently? Would they stop supporting Rochdale, a club they have supported their whole life? Would they sit in silence at Gigg Lane because they aren't allowed to celebrate or cheer their team?

Anyway, there is no chance of Bury winning on Saturday!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:11]

It all means nothing,whatever the result just like when Notts county,Stockport etc did it,now they've found their level too,your times coming so enjoy it while it lasts...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024