Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 46623 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 11:25 - Dec 4 with 1950 viewsflitwickhoop

Ashes Thread on 11:17 - Dec 4 by ElHoop

A good rearguard effort by the bowlers with bat and ball though.

The trouble is that we never seem to be able to polish them off from the sort of position we are in at the close. If we could get them out for 125 then they don't have the runs for an all out attack on our batsmen, but I can't believe that we'll do that given how many times they've got off the hook lately. Best chance is probably to keep the runs down and a slow over rate giving us less time to survive.

I agree, despite the late fight they'll add a few more runs tomorrow in the afternoon when the ball goes dead.

Absolute best we can get out of this test is a draw by keeping the bowling tight and the run rate down and then not folding with the bat. If we'd managed to get 100 more with the bat then it would be a tad closer.

Shame
Ashes Thread on 11:26 - Dec 4 with 1944 views18StoneOfHoop

Ashes Thread on 11:17 - Dec 4 by ElHoop

A good rearguard effort by the bowlers with bat and ball though.

The trouble is that we never seem to be able to polish them off from the sort of position we are in at the close. If we could get them out for 125 then they don't have the runs for an all out attack on our batsmen, but I can't believe that we'll do that given how many times they've got off the hook lately. Best chance is probably to keep the runs down and a slow over rate giving us less time to survive.

They called Hick a 'flat track bully'
but Jimmy only the 2nd innings when he comes to party.

Admit I can't bare to watch any Ashes cricket and the monstrous looming possible whitewash - *sigh*
At least our Leaguer Northern egg chasing Herberts gave it a proper go in heroic 0-6

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Ashes Thread on 12:02 - Dec 4 with 1897 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Dec 4 by TheChef

Nice come back from the bowlers. Shame we couldn't have done the same in the first innings.

Unfortunately we're not going to be able to bat through at least four sessions.

Too many 'bits and pieces' players in our side for that I fear. Cook looks to be past his best, I'm sure that Root is carrying an injury to his back. The others don't look good enough to score big in this sort of environment. But the Aussies won't want to lose this one so our best chance is to knock them over for 125 and then dig in for long enough to push the fielders back, given that they won't have a big lead. We'll probably have enough time to get the runs in that case, I just don't think that we have application and in any event they'll get more than 125. So it's looking pretty shit still.
Ashes Thread on 13:13 - Dec 4 with 1854 viewsTGRRRSSS

DOns will be unduly worried, assume they're main aim is to get 300 PLus lead (268 at close) rather than sitting in as they might otherwise. NOnetheless a good response froom England but far too little too late when Aus are probably focused more on runs than their wicket.
Ashes Thread on 05:39 - Dec 5 with 1758 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 13:13 - Dec 4 by TGRRRSSS

DOns will be unduly worried, assume they're main aim is to get 300 PLus lead (268 at close) rather than sitting in as they might otherwise. NOnetheless a good response froom England but far too little too late when Aus are probably focused more on runs than their wicket.

Regardless of what the batsmen do, the bowlers have done us proud here. But do the batsmen have the testicles to do a job that involves more than looking a useless penus who waves a bat outside the off stump? Get out to a good ball if you are out.
Ashes Thread on 07:55 - Dec 5 with 1715 viewsTheChef

Ashes Thread on 05:39 - Dec 5 by ElHoop

Regardless of what the batsmen do, the bowlers have done us proud here. But do the batsmen have the testicles to do a job that involves more than looking a useless penus who waves a bat outside the off stump? Get out to a good ball if you are out.

We just have to bat time here and we started well - but farking annoying to go from 53 without loss to 54 for 2.

It can be done, but it would be a herculean effort from our batsmen who until now have been throwing their wickets away.

68 for 2 at dinner - albeit it seems Root is using his edges a lot...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ashes Thread on 08:55 - Dec 5 with 1685 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 07:55 - Dec 5 by TheChef

We just have to bat time here and we started well - but farking annoying to go from 53 without loss to 54 for 2.

It can be done, but it would be a herculean effort from our batsmen who until now have been throwing their wickets away.

68 for 2 at dinner - albeit it seems Root is using his edges a lot...

We're throwing this away aren't we?
Ashes Thread on 10:14 - Dec 5 with 1653 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 08:55 - Dec 5 by ElHoop

We're throwing this away aren't we?

sweet jesus. We couldn't possibly, could we....

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 10:15 - Dec 5 with 1653 viewshopphoops

England are still there. I wish I could be watching this, there's nothing like test cricket at its scrappiest.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Ashes Thread on 10:18 - Dec 5 with 1646 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 10:15 - Dec 5 by hopphoops

England are still there. I wish I could be watching this, there's nothing like test cricket at its scrappiest.

Root needs to anchor and let Malan do the knocking it around. We can't afford to lose Root anytime soon.
Ashes Thread on 10:20 - Dec 5 with 1644 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes Thread on 10:14 - Dec 5 by BlackCrowe

sweet jesus. We couldn't possibly, could we....

Careful. As Clive always says it’s the hope that kills you.
Ashes Thread on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 1631 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 10:20 - Dec 5 by johnhoop

Careful. As Clive always says it’s the hope that kills you.

Would love us to do what they did to us in the last test and these two get us home. OK that's not a sensible thing to wish for.
Ashes Thread on 10:39 - Dec 5 with 1618 viewshopphoops

Ashes Thread on 10:29 - Dec 5 by ElHoop

Would love us to do what they did to us in the last test and these two get us home. OK that's not a sensible thing to wish for.

I'd say chance of a victory about 4% at the moment, up from 0.5%.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Ashes Thread on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 1604 viewstoboboly

Dear lord this is tense. I'm supposed to be prepping for an interview tomorrow which includes a presentation but frankly this takes priority.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 1604 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 10:39 - Dec 5 by hopphoops

I'd say chance of a victory about 4% at the moment, up from 0.5%.

Now 2.5%

Ashes Thread on 10:53 - Dec 5 with 1601 viewstoboboly

Bolox

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 11:12 - Dec 5 with 1571 viewsElHoop

Who wouldn't have taken this at stumps on day 4, a couple of days ago?

Amazing test match.

Woakes was a good choice of night watchman - he deserves the chance to really build an innings tomorrow.
Ashes Thread on 11:13 - Dec 5 with 1571 viewsWokingR

Ashes Thread on 10:53 - Dec 5 by toboboly

Bolox

I bet the economy has taken a hammering this morning.
Has anyone actually been able to do any work while that's been going on?
Ashes Thread on 11:18 - Dec 5 with 1552 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 11:13 - Dec 5 by WokingR

Absolutely none. Been pretending.

Ashes Thread on 11:20 - Dec 5 with 1547 viewshopphoops

Ashes Thread on 11:13 - Dec 5 by WokingR

One meeting agenda has not been formatted.

Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Dec 5 with 1540 viewsdaveB

Incredible match but two mad decisions by captains first Root choosing to bowl and then Smith not finishing us off yesterday. Australia should still win but if they don't get an early wicket will be a very exciting finish
Ashes Thread on 11:32 - Dec 5 with 1525 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Dec 5 by daveB

Incredible match but two mad decisions by captains first Root choosing to bowl and then Smith not finishing us off yesterday. Australia should still win but if they don't get an early wicket will be a very exciting finish

I think that it's now gone beyond the point of where it particularly matters whether someone is technically any good or not, it's just down to who wants it the most now.
Ashes Thread on 11:34 - Dec 5 with 1522 viewsBlackCrowe

If we can get the deficit down to about 110-120 with 5 wickets remaining, then there is a real chance. Aussie bowlers will then become desperate and erratic, they haven't the discipline of past greats like McGrath and Warne. It's a f7cking big 'if' though.

Ashes Thread on 11:56 - Dec 5 with 1493 viewsstevec

Don't know much about cricket but why didn't they make us follow on?
Ashes Thread on 11:58 - Dec 5 with 1489 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 11:56 - Dec 5 by stevec

Don't know much about cricket but why didn't they make us follow on?

I think Smith expected us to let them pile on a few runs and then choose the time to declare under the lights once their bowlers have rested up for the day.
He looks like he’s going to cry any minute.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024