Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 33372 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 2901 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 10:18 - Feb 10 by R17ALE

My thoughts entirely. With all this rain, if the game is on, it will be a testament to the work done on Monday by the staff and fans.

Without it, Tuesday and today would be off - no doubt.

And today's announcement is the biggest kick in the teeth that that group - particularly the fans - could have received. Whilst the job they did to get Millwall on was magnificent, they must feel doubly deflated by the mismanagement since. Just like the rain covers unfortunately.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 2871 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 11:57 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

And today's announcement is the biggest kick in the teeth that that group - particularly the fans - could have received. Whilst the job they did to get Millwall on was magnificent, they must feel doubly deflated by the mismanagement since. Just like the rain covers unfortunately.

Well said

Perhaps the club and it's fanbase can now concentrate on the actual issue, the pitch, instead of who said what on talksport or some journalist looking for a cheap quote to wind people up with

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 12:09 - Feb 10 with 2843 viewsCamdenDale

Better news:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/update-new-pitch-to-be-laid/
Pitch on 12:10 - Feb 10 with 2818 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 12:05 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Well said

Perhaps the club and it's fanbase can now concentrate on the actual issue, the pitch, instead of who said what on talksport or some journalist looking for a cheap quote to wind people up with

I would have been concentrating on the pitch at 3.00pm. It's the club that needs to sort it and fast

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 12:11 - Feb 10 with 2798 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 12:09 - Feb 10 by CamdenDale

Better news:

Good

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 12:12 - Feb 10 with 2778 views442Dale

Better news:

That’s a very good statement. One which could maybe have been released previously, but at least we now know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 12:14 - Feb 10 with 2761 viewsfunkkk

“We share the disappointment of supporters for today’s postponement but would like to assure everyone this decision has been taken to allow us to fulfil next weekend’s game and to give Keith Hill and his players the opportunity to fulfil the remainder of the league campaign on a surface we can all be proud of“

Don’t think the club had any intention of playing the game this weekend.
Pitch on 12:17 - Feb 10 with 2729 viewstony_roch975

Pitch on 11:49 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

As ever, you resort to the 'personal abuse' card when your argument carries no weight and it's pointed out to you

My posts have nothing to do with Pocchettino

It really is that simple, and you really are that wrong

"My posts have nothing to do with Pochettino" - really, well this thread you are contributing to begins " Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch". So my thread was about that and so, ergo, was yours.

"It really is that simple, and you really are that wrong" - love the well reasoned, weighty argument.

You see DA you fell for it. My original post referred to Churchill's 'we'll fight them on the beaches' quote ... in reply you could have made an erudite link to the current box office smash film about him or to the irony of my link between a beach and the current state of our pitch... but no, you have to go all affronted that anyone should dare to disagree and pronounce D Alian's tablets of stone from Mount Sinia.

I know it'll come as a surprise to you but we don't all agree that we should accept a hand out from Spurs and that doesn't make us wrong. We believe one of Dale's strengths is living within its means and paying its own bills. Looks like Dunphy does too.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 12:18 - Feb 10 with 2710 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Better news:

‘Following the postponement of the Fleetwood Town game, a decision has been taken to relay a new pitch at the Crown Oil Arena’

Which should really read:

‘Earlier this week we decided we would be relaying the pitch but decided not to (officially) tell anyone until now so we could use the inevitable Fleetwood postponement that everyone (but us) could see was going to happen.’

All this ‘I don’t want Spurs paying for it’ nonsense is irrelevant as the club made this decision long before Pochettino had a moan and there has never been any official comment from Spurs in regards to funding the returfing either in part or in full. Rochdale and Rochdale only should pay for it as it’s our responsibility not Spurs, it’s be like us paying Harry Kane’s wages for a week.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 12:19]
Pitch on 12:20 - Feb 10 with 2696 viewsD_Alien

Better news:

Thank fook for that

Puts to bed all the crap posted this week about pitch advantage, fighting on beaches shite, etc which was every bit as tinpot as the club's mismanagement

Pitch on 12:26 - Feb 10 with 2661 viewsMolly

Pitch on 12:14 - Feb 10 by funkkk

“We share the disappointment of supporters for today’s postponement but would like to assure everyone this decision has been taken to allow us to fulfil next weekend’s game and to give Keith Hill and his players the opportunity to fulfil the remainder of the league campaign on a surface we can all be proud of“

Don’t think the club had any intention of playing the game this weekend.

Which is presumably why there were no covers put on the pitch yesterday before the forecast rain came, and why all the "Premier Pitches" machines were parked up at the COA yesterday.
Pitch on 12:34 - Feb 10 with 2637 viewstony_roch975

Pitch on 12:20 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Thank fook for that

Puts to bed all the crap posted this week about pitch advantage, fighting on beaches shite, etc which was every bit as tinpot as the club's mismanagement

He cannot let it go - what a pity; that sort of embedded anger and resentment which illicits words like 'shite' & 'tinpot' as examples of reasoned debate. Some would throw those epithets back at DA's own comments - but that toys-out-of-prams response is for kids.
No actually DA - it does exactly the opposite; it supports my argument that we don't need Spurs to interfere and patronise.

Pitch on 12:44 - Feb 10 with 2595 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 12:12 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

That’s a very good statement. One which could maybe have been released previously, but at least we now know.

It is concise and clear, but in my opinion, in conjunction with the rather stark announcement that the game is off, lacked any humility or hint of apology to committed fans travelling any kind of distance to the game. I appreciate some things are unavoidable (I personally don't think this was), but an apology of any sort goes a long way in life!

Pitch on 12:55 - Feb 10 with 2559 views442Dale

Pitch on 12:44 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

It is concise and clear, but in my opinion, in conjunction with the rather stark announcement that the game is off, lacked any humility or hint of apology to committed fans travelling any kind of distance to the game. I appreciate some things are unavoidable (I personally don't think this was), but an apology of any sort goes a long way in life!

Indeed. Next time there’s some fog forecast, let us know how easy it is to plait it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 2525 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 12:55 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

Indeed. Next time there’s some fog forecast, let us know how easy it is to plait it.

I'll keep my eye on the forecast but apparently those things are remarkably unreliable ........ for example it seems some saw a forecast which didn't predict rain today?

Pitch on 13:34 - Feb 10 with 2467 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 13:01 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

I'll keep my eye on the forecast but apparently those things are remarkably unreliable ........ for example it seems some saw a forecast which didn't predict rain today?

It would have been interesting playing the actual game under the inflatable dome cover ! No overhead height?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 14:13 - Feb 10 with 2384 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 12:34 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

He cannot let it go - what a pity; that sort of embedded anger and resentment which illicits words like 'shite' & 'tinpot' as examples of reasoned debate. Some would throw those epithets back at DA's own comments - but that toys-out-of-prams response is for kids.
No actually DA - it does exactly the opposite; it supports my argument that we don't need Spurs to interfere and patronise.

It's you that keeps responding - will you do so again?

My earlier posts - before your misinterpreting intervention, were perfectly well reasoned points

Stop banging on about 'personal abuse' and 'toys/prams' when you've quite simply got the wrong end of the stick. That's in pretty plain English, hope it's understood this time

[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 14:16]

Pitch on 15:10 - Feb 10 with 2302 viewstony_roch975

Pitch on 14:13 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

It's you that keeps responding - will you do so again?

My earlier posts - before your misinterpreting intervention, were perfectly well reasoned points

Stop banging on about 'personal abuse' and 'toys/prams' when you've quite simply got the wrong end of the stick. That's in pretty plain English, hope it's understood this time

[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 14:16]

Oh I understand. Your first post was well reasoned but I DISAGREED. I provided non abusive arguments against your view. Your subsequent posts became increasingly angry and defensive which I criticised. I understand that you thought Dale should show respect for Pochettino's interference and prejudiced comments about our pitch, which he hadn't seen, because Spurs are a good team and it would be so embarrassing if their £500M team beat our £100K team 8 - 1. I DISAGREED. I thought it was patronising of Pochettino and that Dale should not look for bail-outs but pay for any work ourselves - as we are. That's a view shared by others on here. So WE DISAGREE and there is no rule that we can only post if we agree with you nor that you can always have the last word. Keep on keeping on.

Pitch on 15:21 - Feb 10 with 2257 viewsMoonyDale

There are some interesting pics from today on the Rochdale AFC appreciation group on Facebook, if you ignore the predictable knuckle draggers on there it's worth a look...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch on 15:39 - Feb 10 with 2204 viewsbazingadale

Pitch on 15:10 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

Oh I understand. Your first post was well reasoned but I DISAGREED. I provided non abusive arguments against your view. Your subsequent posts became increasingly angry and defensive which I criticised. I understand that you thought Dale should show respect for Pochettino's interference and prejudiced comments about our pitch, which he hadn't seen, because Spurs are a good team and it would be so embarrassing if their £500M team beat our £100K team 8 - 1. I DISAGREED. I thought it was patronising of Pochettino and that Dale should not look for bail-outs but pay for any work ourselves - as we are. That's a view shared by others on here. So WE DISAGREE and there is no rule that we can only post if we agree with you nor that you can always have the last word. Keep on keeping on.

Tony, D_Alien is like that with everybody. He struggles with difference of opinions. We are hopeful one day he can listen to others but its doubtful.
Pitch on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 2181 viewsSuddenLad

Just as a matter of inteest, in the last year, Rochdale has had rain on 289 days, equating in total to over 5 feet of downpour.

That's pretty exceptional by any standards. Perhaps it's not surprising that the pitch is struggling/has struggled to cope.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch on 15:48 - Feb 10 with 2148 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 15:43 - Feb 10 by SuddenLad

Just as a matter of inteest, in the last year, Rochdale has had rain on 289 days, equating in total to over 5 feet of downpour.

That's pretty exceptional by any standards. Perhaps it's not surprising that the pitch is struggling/has struggled to cope.

It's a fair comment SL but if it's chucking it down I take a brolly or a hat out with me. Surely the pitch deserved the same? Anyway, all water under the bridge now which is the best place for it.

Pitch on 15:49 - Feb 10 with 2152 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 15:39 - Feb 10 by bazingadale

Tony, D_Alien is like that with everybody. He struggles with difference of opinions. We are hopeful one day he can listen to others but its doubtful.

I struggle with people wilfully misinterpreting what i've posted, due to having huge chips on their shoulders, whereas you struggle with the very concept of supporting the club

Next...

Pitch on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 2113 viewsbazingadale

Pitch on 15:49 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

I struggle with people wilfully misinterpreting what i've posted, due to having huge chips on their shoulders, whereas you struggle with the very concept of supporting the club

Next...

i am there week in, week out lad.

Next....
Pitch on 16:16 - Feb 10 with 2046 viewsrobbowood

Pitch on 15:43 - Feb 10 by SuddenLad

Just to give you some idea of how bad it has been in Lancashire since November 18. The West Lancs Football League - which includes clubs from north of Bolton to Fylde Coast (Blackpool) to the Lake District and up to Barrow

Nov 25 - 27 games out of 31 called off
Dec 9 - 25 games out of 29 called off
Dec 16 - 23 games out of 29 called off
Dec 23 - 13 games out of 19 called off
Dec 30 - all 20 games called off
Jan 20 - 23 games out of 28 called off
Jan 27 - 24 games out of 31 called off
Feb 3 - 22 games out of 28 called off
Today - 28 games out of 31 called off

Pitches just cannot cope with incessant rain for weeks on end. I have never known so such much rain, as we've had over the last three months, in the last 50 years !!

Some WLL clubs have only played 13 matches out of 34 - if the Dale have a fixture pile up it's nothing compared to the West Lancs League

Although (allegedly) errors seem to have been made with putting the right type of sand to help our pitch drain better there is only so much rain a pitch can take - make no mistake we have had masses more rain in this part or the world than anywhere else in the country !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024