Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 33371 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 18:07 - Feb 8 with 3982 viewsjudd

Pitch on 17:13 - Feb 8 by aleanddale

SPOT ON

5.4billion to all the prem fat cats and league 1 and 2 and below get peanuts.

how can we possibly compete?.

Its a mockery that Liverpool can pay £75 million for a centre half and pay him £200 000 per week!

VD monthly wage is not that far off our annual squad playing budget!!

And that's probably not the biggest offender!!

He deserves a clap for that

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch on 18:14 - Feb 8 with 3935 viewsThe_Knightowl

Pitch on 18:07 - Feb 8 by judd

He deserves a clap for that

Confused did you mean "the" or "a" or both ?
Pitch on 18:16 - Feb 8 with 3915 viewssweetcorn

Russ made some good points, honestly thought he was stretching when he started saying about the weather, i mean oldham and bury are very close neighbours and their pitches dont look that bad.. norden playing fields is in better nick even ffs

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Pitch on 18:18 - Feb 8 with 3900 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 18:02 - Feb 8 by EllDale

Shouldn't the Spurs coach be renamed Pitchettino under the circumstances?

We can certainly give him a baptism of fire at COA

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 18:55 - Feb 8 with 3737 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 18:16 - Feb 8 by sweetcorn

Russ made some good points, honestly thought he was stretching when he started saying about the weather, i mean oldham and bury are very close neighbours and their pitches dont look that bad.. norden playing fields is in better nick even ffs

Attack is the best form of defence?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 18:59 - Feb 8 with 3702 viewsDiddyDave

Pitch on 13:59 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

Spurs putting a new pitch down at no cost to Dale would be ideal for this cup tie, but would not solve the problem of poor drainage because of compacted levels of sand below the surface. At some point, it is still going to have to be ripped up and rebuilt from the drains upwards. A new pitch now would be useful if it allows us to play decent football.
On the other hand, having a notoriously poor surface will put the wind up lots of clubs coming to Spotland and could be the factor that binds the players into a team. "its a midden, but it's our midden and you can either like it or lump it"should be the mantra. Much as when Noel Cantwell refused to play under our floodlights and forced the 1971 cup tie against Coventry to be played during the day contributed to a much bigger crowd and a febrile atmosphere in the ground. Insult us and you suffer the consequences!

I thought we played Coventry on that Monday afternoon because there were ongong power cut? Or was that a year later,as I recall about ten of us from Sudden Club went to Elland Road on a Tuesday afternoon to watch Leeds beat Liverpool 2-0 in a 4th round replay.
Pitch on 19:00 - Feb 8 with 3694 viewsYorkshire_Dale

IF it's true that Spurs are offering to help us with £££ get their hand snapped off.....we would n't see the opportunity again.
Pitch on 19:05 - Feb 8 with 3663 viewssteofthedale

If Spurs are really that concerned about the playing surface.....they can always forfeit the tie and keep their money.

steofthedale*

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 19:07 - Feb 8 with 3654 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 18:59 - Feb 8 by DiddyDave

I thought we played Coventry on that Monday afternoon because there were ongong power cut? Or was that a year later,as I recall about ten of us from Sudden Club went to Elland Road on a Tuesday afternoon to watch Leeds beat Liverpool 2-0 in a 4th round replay.

Are you thinking of the Cambridge game in 1974 with the reported crowd of 450?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch on 19:09 - Feb 8 with 3638 views49thseason

Pitch on 18:59 - Feb 8 by DiddyDave

I suspect you are thinking of the 1972 miners strike.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/16/newsid_2757000/2757

In 1971, our floodlights were little more than car headlights on top of telegraph poles.

"The game had been postponed once and Coventry had refused to play under the Spotland floodlights, but the afternoon kick-off didn't stop a bumper 13,011 crowd cheering Dale on to a famous victory." (MEN)
Pitch on 19:20 - Feb 8 with 3564 viewsMoonyDale

Pitch on 19:09 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

I suspect you are thinking of the 1972 miners strike.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/16/newsid_2757000/2757

In 1971, our floodlights were little more than car headlights on top of telegraph poles.

"The game had been postponed once and Coventry had refused to play under the Spotland floodlights, but the afternoon kick-off didn't stop a bumper 13,011 crowd cheering Dale on to a famous victory." (MEN)

What an afternoon that was, I remember that morning in Kingsway school assembly the headmaster surveyed the kids and said "I want to see every face here this afternoon" The hall was deserted by dinnertime....Still one of the best Dale days ever...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch on 19:42 - Feb 8 with 3462 viewsonedalefan

Pitch on 16:57 - Feb 8 by The_Knightowl

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/rochdale-pitch-totten

FA responds ?

They will see how it plays when we play Fleetwood. So it's not unsafe for a League 1 match!
Pitch on 19:42 - Feb 8 with 3461 viewsrodneysafairy

That Coventry game is there any actual footage ?
Love to see the older games esp cup ties and cup upsets by the minnows
Maybe you tube
Pitch on 19:52 - Feb 8 with 3413 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pitch on 19:42 - Feb 8 by rodneysafairy

Maybe you tube

It will be very poor quality if there is any footage.....

.Rodders, just stumbled on your Lions TV man's 5 min review of the game as he travels back to London on Wednesday am.....really good piece, can't find it to do a linky here.......are you you able to post a link ?

I'm sure our lot will find it of interest
Pitch on 19:58 - Feb 8 with 3375 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 19:42 - Feb 8 by rodneysafairy

Maybe you tube

Unfortunately not, just newspaper coverage.

Pitch on 20:11 - Feb 8 with 3312 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 19:52 - Feb 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

It will be very poor quality if there is any footage.....

.Rodders, just stumbled on your Lions TV man's 5 min review of the game as he travels back to London on Wednesday am.....really good piece, can't find it to do a linky here.......are you you able to post a link ?

I'm sure our lot will find it of interest

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 20:57 - Feb 8 with 3147 viewsD_Dale

Pitch on 19:20 - Feb 8 by MoonyDale

What an afternoon that was, I remember that morning in Kingsway school assembly the headmaster surveyed the kids and said "I want to see every face here this afternoon" The hall was deserted by dinnertime....Still one of the best Dale days ever...

A wonderful day. One curious aspect of the time was that when Noel Cantwell exercised his option not to play under floodlights, Dale 'prepared' for Monday afternoon's cup match by travelling to play Plymouth Argyle on the Saturday (and drawing 2-2).
Pitch on 21:27 - Feb 8 with 3045 views442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42996945

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 21:28 - Feb 8 with 3044 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 19:58 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately not, just newspaper coverage.

There was brief coverage on the NW News that evening, featuring Stuart Hall (urgghhh!) so even if the archive is still available, it'll never see the light of day

Not that Dennis Butler slipping the ball past their fullback and cutting in from the left before hitting the Sandy Lane net will ever fade from my mind's eye

[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 21:29]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 21:31 - Feb 8 with 3032 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 21:28 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

There was brief coverage on the NW News that evening, featuring Stuart Hall (urgghhh!) so even if the archive is still available, it'll never see the light of day

Not that Dennis Butler slipping the ball past their fullback and cutting in from the left before hitting the Sandy Lane net will ever fade from my mind's eye

[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 21:29]

That would be great to see.

Pitch on 21:48 - Feb 8 with 2968 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pitch on 20:11 - Feb 8 by dingdangblue

Thanks Dinger.....just could n't find it.
Pitch on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 2849 viewsoff2div1

Perhaps we could have one of these pitches.That is going into white hart lane.The difference between the Premiership and League 1.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 22:50]
Pitch on 09:08 - Feb 9 with 2552 viewsdingdangblue

Any news on how the pitch is looking today? Anyone buying tickets get to have a sneaky look? There was an awful lot of rain yesterday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 09:34 - Feb 9 with 2495 viewsBigKindo

When did Pochettino start to read his Christmas copy of Sir Alec's 'Little Book of Mindgames'? However, if we were in a position to relay the pitch this could be a positive benefit for our remaining home league games.
Pitch on 09:48 - Feb 9 with 2445 viewsDevonDale

Pitch on 09:08 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Any news on how the pitch is looking today? Anyone buying tickets get to have a sneaky look? There was an awful lot of rain yesterday.

The forecast for tomorrow is pretty grim too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024