Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 33518 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 10:20 - Feb 9 with 3494 viewschalkyncfc

Leave the pitch as it is as its got to be to Dales advantage plus maybe then the Premier League will see how unfair the football money is split between the four leagues,they only take notice of what's happening to the leagues below them when it directly concerns them,how many PL clubs would have been aware of Dales pitch if it wasn't for the fact that Spurs have to play on it,f@#k em I say
Pitch on 11:45 - Feb 9 with 3278 viewsDaleFan7

Weather looks horrendous for tomorrow, do we still have the dome cover or has that gone back?
Pitch on 11:54 - Feb 9 with 3250 viewssoulboy

Lets face it, players safety has nothing to do with it. Does Pochettino really think that the ref would have allowed Tuesdays game to go ahead if it was unsafe, or Hilly would risk his players on an unsafe pitch? He has seen the video of our win against Millwall and doesnt fancy his overpriced and overrated team getting beat on it. I find it rather insulting that he even thought about "'helping us out with the pitch''. This sums the premier league up, arrogant and obsessed with money. He needs to realise some things cant be bought, one of which is the playing surface of the opposition. Welcome to Spotland.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 11:57]
Pitch on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 3245 viewsjudd

I think the Spurs manager is just trying to enhance the chances of his team progressing in the FA Cup as far as they can and giving their long-suffering fans a dream day out at,erm, Wembley.

Or summat.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pitch on 12:06 - Feb 9 with 3190 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 11:54 - Feb 9 by soulboy

Lets face it, players safety has nothing to do with it. Does Pochettino really think that the ref would have allowed Tuesdays game to go ahead if it was unsafe, or Hilly would risk his players on an unsafe pitch? He has seen the video of our win against Millwall and doesnt fancy his overpriced and overrated team getting beat on it. I find it rather insulting that he even thought about "'helping us out with the pitch''. This sums the premier league up, arrogant and obsessed with money. He needs to realise some things cant be bought, one of which is the playing surface of the opposition. Welcome to Spotland.

'He needs to realise some things cant be bought'

Watch us go and re-lay a nice new pitch for them now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 12:16 - Feb 9 with 3142 viewsDaveDave

Pitch on 11:54 - Feb 9 by soulboy

Well said, his team got a taste of playing on Newport's pitch and they can't stand the thought of going through it again at our ground. This time not scoring a late equaliser and being kicked out of the F.A.Cup.

Pitch on 12:22 - Feb 9 with 3104 viewssoulboy

Pitch on 19:09 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

I suspect you are thinking of the 1972 miners strike.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/16/newsid_2757000/2757

In 1971, our floodlights were little more than car headlights on top of telegraph poles.

"The game had been postponed once and Coventry had refused to play under the Spotland floodlights, but the afternoon kick-off didn't stop a bumper 13,011 crowd cheering Dale on to a famous victory." (MEN)

Thinking back to the Coventry game, the FA really should have forced them to play on the Mon night or forfeit the tie. Poor as they were, the lights were up to the league standard. In 1976 the Norwich manager John Bond refused to toss a coin to determine were the 3rd round 2nd replay would take place as he thought Spotland 'would collapse'. As weve seen this week, excuses not to play at Spotland arent anything new.
Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 9 with 3088 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 12:06 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

'He needs to realise some things cant be bought'

Watch us go and re-lay a nice new pitch for them now.

It wouldn't be for them, it'd be for us

We played football in beating Millwall, and can play better football on a better pitch - as could Spurs of course, but we've got a relegation battle on our hands too

If Spurs and/or the FA want to help finance a re-laid pitch that's just fine, and people need to stop getting all precious about it, which comes across as "lower league mentality" (don't mean you ddb)

Spurs aren't "over-rated" either. They've won nowt recently but they're a bloody good football team and if Dale fans are going to start getting arsey about them ahead of the cup tie, you'd better have your excuses ready if they give us a beating. I'm not expecting that to happen, but I'll bet Notts Co fans weren't expecting Swansea to put eight past them

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 3080 viewsR17ALE

Been up to the ground today and the pitch looks ok despite all the rain we've had, so that's a good sign.

2 page spread in today's Sun moaning about our pitch. Premier League luvvies and snowflakes cooing diddums.

From what I can gather, the club are quietly happy with all the pitch publicity. There's a sense that with all the opinions coming from people who haven't actually been to the ground (now where have we heard that before!) yet are fooking know-alls, that come kick-off the whole country will want Rochdale to win!!

Oh, and I'm not in the habit of having to queue for a bloody cup ticket. Give me Darlo away any day!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Pitch on 12:31 - Feb 9 with 3040 viewssoulboy

Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

We played football in beating Millwall, and can play better football on a better pitch - as could Spurs of course, but we've got a relegation battle on our hands too

If Spurs and/or the FA want to help finance a re-laid pitch that's just fine, and people need to stop getting all precious about it, which comes across as "lower league mentality" (don't mean you ddb)

Spurs aren't "over-rated" either. They've won nowt recently but they're a bloody good football team and if Dale fans are going to start getting arsey about them ahead of the cup tie, you'd better have your excuses ready if they give us a beating. I'm not expecting that to happen, but I'll bet Notts Co fans weren't expecting Swansea to put eight past them

Not just Spurs the entire premier league is overrated.
Pitch on 12:38 - Feb 9 with 2986 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 12:31 - Feb 9 by soulboy

Not just Spurs the entire premier league is overrated.

We can concern ourselves about that better once we've seen how our football team performs

There's a million things wrong with the Premier League, but much better to stay classy until we - literally - know the score on 18 Feb

Pitch on 12:44 - Feb 9 with 2941 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Yes I know it would be for us in the long run - but are you telling me Spurs would rather play on the current surface or a new one? We've already showed we can cope ok with it - and Pochettino has already shown his hand by telling the press he's not happy his players playing on it - we would be mad to change it before the cup game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch on 12:58 - Feb 9 with 2868 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 12:44 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Yes I know it would be for us in the long run - but are you telling me Spurs would rather play on the current surface or a new one? We've already showed we can cope ok with it - and Pochettino has already shown his hand by telling the press he's not happy his players playing on it - we would be mad to change it before the cup game.

Do you know how much it'd cost us, the re-laid pitch?

People complain about money not filtering down, then turn their noses up when it does

Do I think it'd give us a better chance of getting a result, on a better pitch? Maybe I do, and much better to do it that way than have the rest of the football world saying it was our pitch that made the difference

Pitch on 13:11 - Feb 9 with 2792 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 12:58 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Do you know how much it'd cost us, the re-laid pitch?

People complain about money not filtering down, then turn their noses up when it does

Do I think it'd give us a better chance of getting a result, on a better pitch? Maybe I do, and much better to do it that way than have the rest of the football world saying it was our pitch that made the difference

If we drew or beat Spurs would you really care what the rest of the world thinks? If we did re-lay it after the game it would only need half doing this time so I presume it would cost half as much as it did last February? With all the money we will make from this cup run I would personally wait - especially if we beat Fleetwood tomorrow on it!

Pitch on 13:21 - Feb 9 with 2731 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 13:11 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

If we drew or beat Spurs would you really care what the rest of the world thinks? If we did re-lay it after the game it would only need half doing this time so I presume it would cost half as much as it did last February? With all the money we will make from this cup run I would personally wait - especially if we beat Fleetwood tomorrow on it!

Of course I'd care

I'd want the football community to see us as a football team, not reliant on the surface which is "lower league mentality" through and through

OK, we are lower league, but do we have to come across that way, or hold our heads up as a football team with fans who appreciate how the game should be played?

People are free to make their own choice. I've made mine

Pitch on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 2666 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 13:21 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Of course I'd care

I'd want the football community to see us as a football team, not reliant on the surface which is "lower league mentality" through and through

OK, we are lower league, but do we have to come across that way, or hold our heads up as a football team with fans who appreciate how the game should be played?

Much of the club is operated in a mindset that was ok 25 years ago. So having a crap pitch kind of complements that. That said I'd love us to have a new pitch and beat spurs , with all their big guns playing, especially if they pay for it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 2653 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 13:21 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Of course I'd care

Yes of course we've all got our views on the situation. And yes it's not great the world taking the piss out of our pitch - I don't like that either. And the game is going to be seen all around the world this time too. I think that we'll still have to play the game of our lives to draw with them even on a poor pitch but with them saying they are not happy playing on it - psychologically it's an advantage I would take.

Pitch on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 2641 views442Dale

I maintain that this should have nothing to do with the Spurs game and everything to do with the rest of the season. If we can get a better pitch to ensure games aren’t in doubt and played on a decent surface, that should be the priority. Not trying to get an advantage over Spurs.

Will the help from the FA be available for all our rearranged games in the next two months? Do we want to be constantly looking at the weather and then subsequently moaning when games are called off? I’m guessing not. Look further ahead than Spurs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 13:57 - Feb 9 with 2555 viewsoff2div1

Do you think Spurs should invite the Dale to the New White Hart Lane when it reopens. To play on their multi million pound pitch.
Pitch on 14:24 - Feb 9 with 2445 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pitch on 09:48 - Feb 9 by DevonDale

The forecast for tomorrow is pretty grim too.

Today has been much better than the weather forecast suggested......cold but really dry and a frost again tonight.
Pitch on 15:45 - Feb 9 with 2345 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm not being funny or anything but for the large majority of the season, the pitch has been fine and look where that's got us.

Now, I know there are various factors and reasons behind our failings this season. I'm also aware that KH has promised to revert back to the no fear footballing approach that we've employed in the past.

However, I think we'd be mad to relay the pitch before the end of the season. We quite clearly showed in the Millwall game that we can play football on it and it's bound to have a psychological effect on other teams.

With regards to the Spurs game, we'd be an absolute million to win on a proper surface. I'd rather play on a shitheap and get through with people moaning that the pitch was the only reason we won as opposed to getting spanked on a lush green meadow but being able to hold our heads high cause we tried doing it the 'right way'.

At the very least, the surface should be preserved for Spurs but I think keeping it as it is for the whole season would be beneficial to our chances of survival as well. Just my take of course.
Pitch on 15:59 - Feb 9 with 2294 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 15:45 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

I'm not being funny or anything but for the large majority of the season, the pitch has been fine and look where that's got us.

Now, I know there are various factors and reasons behind our failings this season. I'm also aware that KH has promised to revert back to the no fear footballing approach that we've employed in the past.

However, I think we'd be mad to relay the pitch before the end of the season. We quite clearly showed in the Millwall game that we can play football on it and it's bound to have a psychological effect on other teams.

With regards to the Spurs game, we'd be an absolute million to win on a proper surface. I'd rather play on a shitheap and get through with people moaning that the pitch was the only reason we won as opposed to getting spanked on a lush green meadow but being able to hold our heads high cause we tried doing it the 'right way'.

At the very least, the surface should be preserved for Spurs but I think keeping it as it is for the whole season would be beneficial to our chances of survival as well. Just my take of course.

After contemplating this for the last few days, this is also my conclusion too.

Bottom line - that pitch did not stop us playing decent football and beating Millwall. As long as it plays at least that well to season's end, it won't be the factor that prevents us staying up, which is our no. 1 concern. If it gives us home field advantage too, cos it gets into our opponents heads so much they don't fancy it, it's a win-win. It's already in Poch's head. If we can squeak a win and get past Spurs, we may get another huge payday, but we'll also get all the attendant publicity that goes with it, which will do us no harm whatsoever in the future when it comes to recruiting talent for RAFC.

We've had a great cup run. It could be our best ever with a win. We need to stay up. If that pitch ends up giving us even a slight edge in achieving either or both, it could perversely, after all the stick we've given it, end up being the goose that laid the golden curate's egg.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:18]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 17:02 - Feb 9 with 2144 views442Dale

Pitch on 15:45 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

If we could guarantee games being on with the use of equipment like the dome cover until May and the ability to prepare the pitch for every game like we did on Tuesday, then yes it’s a viable option as the pitch played fine. It’s if we can’t do that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 17:06 - Feb 9 with 2123 viewsJimmyRustler

Pitch on 17:02 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

If we could guarantee games being on with the use of equipment like the dome cover until May and the ability to prepare the pitch for every game like we did on Tuesday, then yes it’s a viable option as the pitch played fine. It’s if we can’t do that.

I agree but at the same time, we will have a much bigger window of opportunity to make sure everything goes to plan. It's also worth noting that the drains are fooked and so the laying of a new pitch brings with it no guarantees. In point of fact, the surface was extremely ropy immediately after it was relaid last year and could well cut up just as badly if we experience any adverse weather.
Pitch on 17:06 - Feb 9 with 2123 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 17:02 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

Precisely

Once the FA/Spurs have moved on, we'll be stuck (without a relay) with a pitch that'll possibly require as much effort to get games on as for the Millwall fixture - every bloody time

And then what'll happen? We'd have a fixture pile up. That'll help...

I wish people could see beyond the end of their noses

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 17:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024