Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... 22:08 - Apr 3 with 12666 viewsRAFCBLUE

....to bankrupt bury fc and build houses on the ground then he has eight weeks to go until he achieves it.

We might still go down, but we relegated them tonight.

The 2016-17 accounts will not be published until 30th May (earliest) at which point they will show accumulated losses of circa £12m.

That excludes 2017-18 and the implosion of two managers (Lee Clarke and Chris Lucketti) and their associated expensive playing staff. I think they have lost at least another £1.5m this season.

Well done Stewie. Your mission is nearly accomplished.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 22:52 - Apr 3 with 8297 viewsD_Alien

Walking away from gigg tonight, I wondered if it'd be the last time we saw Dale play there

Been some memorable games over the years, and first went when they were in what's now the championship, beaten 0-1 by Brian Clough's Derby

Tonight wasn't a great game but it seems we've come out on top more often than not in recent years, after it being a bit of a bogey ground

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 04:22 - Apr 4 with 8025 viewsdownunder

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 22:52 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

Walking away from gigg tonight, I wondered if it'd be the last time we saw Dale play there

Been some memorable games over the years, and first went when they were in what's now the championship, beaten 0-1 by Brian Clough's Derby

Tonight wasn't a great game but it seems we've come out on top more often than not in recent years, after it being a bit of a bogey ground

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31921657

A reminder of his plan. Will they continue with Carrington training facilities? My first visit to Gigg was to watch them play Chelsea in the FA Cup. Bonetti "the cat" in goal if I recall correctly. Still a few pussies on the pitch tonight it seems.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 04:49 - Apr 4 with 8028 viewselectricblue

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 22:52 - Apr 3 by D_Alien

Well according to a bury supporting friend wholm i asked about development she said Gigg Lane cannot be developed for housing..
The deeds or whatever stipulate something about the land is only for sporting events or a venue....

Plus she also worried that peel holdings are involved somewhere down the line....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 06:39 - Apr 4 with 7948 viewsRAFCBLUE

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 04:49 - Apr 4 by electricblue

Well according to a bury supporting friend wholm i asked about development she said Gigg Lane cannot be developed for housing..
The deeds or whatever stipulate something about the land is only for sporting events or a venue....

Plus she also worried that peel holdings are involved somewhere down the line....

I remember being told that former Church pub had a covenant that said you couldn't build on the bowling green but the last time I walked down Wilbutts Lane there were a number of houses crammed into that site.

Property developers have a way of making sure they get planning consent.

I can't think for a minute that Stewie will be around for the build phase but by then the asset will have been sold and the money extracted.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 07:40 - Apr 4 with 7784 viewsnordenblue

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 06:39 - Apr 4 by RAFCBLUE

I remember being told that former Church pub had a covenant that said you couldn't build on the bowling green but the last time I walked down Wilbutts Lane there were a number of houses crammed into that site.

Property developers have a way of making sure they get planning consent.

I can't think for a minute that Stewie will be around for the build phase but by then the asset will have been sold and the money extracted.

Amazing where a brown envelope can get you with the council....
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 07:55 - Apr 4 with 7730 viewsEllDale

I used to go to Gigg Lane reasonably regularly in the 1960's when Bob Stokoe was manager. Good standard of football in what was then Division Two and would be the Championship these days.
Only when Dale were away I hasten to add!
But that means that the place was part of my football education and I would be sad to see it go.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 08:19 - Apr 4 with 7653 viewspnc4eva1

Covenants are relatively easy to over turn for large companies. Near where I live there was a covenant on a hedgerow that had a building site behind it. Bois workers "accidentally" chopped the hedge down and Bois paid the small fine

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 08:38 - Apr 4 with 7584 viewsrochdaleriddler

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 07:40 - Apr 4 by nordenblue

Amazing where a brown envelope can get you with the council....

Doesn't need to involve brown envelopes, if gigg lane was stood empty, and the only viable use for it was housing, no council would choose to not develop

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 08:50 - Apr 4 with 7528 viewsHuddersdale1

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 04:22 - Apr 4 by downunder

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31921657

A reminder of his plan. Will they continue with Carrington training facilities? My first visit to Gigg was to watch them play Chelsea in the FA Cup. Bonetti "the cat" in goal if I recall correctly. Still a few pussies on the pitch tonight it seems.

Same here re that Chelsea Cup game, around 1972/73?. Don't remember anything about the match, including what the score was, except the then Bury yoof scarpering pretty quickly when Chelsea arrived en masse on the terraces behind one of the goals.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 08:58 - Apr 4 with 7501 viewsJames1980

Maybe the ground is or could be protected as an asset of community value. Someone who knows more about that sort of thing could perhaps explain if that could happen and pros and cons

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 7432 viewsD_BFC

The ground was listed as an Asset of Community Value in 2014 after an application by Forever Bury.

The trust must be notified if the ground is to be sold and then have a six month period to put together their own bid for the stadium (which realistically would be out of their reach financially).

As others have said, not sure there'll be too much difficulty with the ground being sold for housing etc if that's the end game.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 12:21 - Apr 4 with 7137 viewsdownunder

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 08:50 - Apr 4 by Huddersdale1

Same here re that Chelsea Cup game, around 1972/73?. Don't remember anything about the match, including what the score was, except the then Bury yoof scarpering pretty quickly when Chelsea arrived en masse on the terraces behind one of the goals.

3-0 to Chelsea I think. Yes the Chelsea fans did invade, and Bury Yoof did do a runner. As youngish neutrals, and no real concept of serious Football Hooliganism, it left me, 2 friends and my friends Dad, on our own behind the net. With about a 1000 Chelsea fans. They caused no bother to us. A strange experience.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 13:41 - Apr 4 with 7031 viewsHuddersdale1

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 12:21 - Apr 4 by downunder

3-0 to Chelsea I think. Yes the Chelsea fans did invade, and Bury Yoof did do a runner. As youngish neutrals, and no real concept of serious Football Hooliganism, it left me, 2 friends and my friends Dad, on our own behind the net. With about a 1000 Chelsea fans. They caused no bother to us. A strange experience.

You and 1000 Chelsea fans plus me and my mate! We did exactly the same as you, thinking it was ridiculous to run away with all the Bury fans when we had nothing to do with them! So we stayed our ground and like you say encountered no bother.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 6989 viewsmikehunt

Rossendale Utd’s ground has a covenant that states it has been donated to the public to be used for sport and recreation in perpetuity. This is a prime location for housing: great views, near a school. And the local building mafia have had their eyes on it for donkeys’ years. However, since the fire to the main stand (deemed beyond repair financially) the council issued a statement saying that if the ground is left unused for seven years, the ownership reverts to them and they can do what they like with it. The time is rapidly approaching. The builders and councillors are rubbing their hands.
This was a done deal ages ago.
So, bury, no matter what the covenant says there will be ways round it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 15:42 - Apr 4 with 6844 viewsDaley_Lama

My favourite article

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11774/10606627/bury-planning-new-15-20000

Poll: DF in or out

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 15:53 - Apr 4 with 6815 viewsdingdangblue

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 15:42 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

My favourite article

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11774/10606627/bury-planning-new-15-20000

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 16:24 - Apr 4 with 6709 viewsjonesy

I vaguely remember going to bury v Man City in th 60s. All I can recall is Mike Summerbee being unstoppable on the right wing next to where I stood with my dad. Often went when Dale were away. We also used to go to Burnley, Blackburn or Oldham. Once we went to three games in one day. May have been New Year’s Day. Amateur game in the morning, league games pm and in the evening. Prices must have been more sensible then!
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 16:46 - Apr 4 with 6649 viewsseasidedale

That chelsea game was also my first visit to gigg lane, it was 1-0 to chelsea and hutchinson scored if I remember right
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 6632 viewsaleanddale

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 15:53 - Apr 4 by dingdangblue

They still lap it all up though!!

How many have said #enjoytheride
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 17:02 - Apr 4 with 6629 viewsMolly

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 15:42 - Apr 4 by Daley_Lama

My favourite article

Jackanory, jackanory, jackanory...........
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 19:59 - Apr 4 with 6399 viewsLaveritty

The last line of that BBC article was very prophetic:

"My fear was not taking Carrington on - this is going to take the football club to a whole new level."

He may well be proved right if, as many Bury fans on their message board fear, the club end up freefalling through league 2 and into non league. Or, even worse from their point of view, going out of business altogether? Surely Stewie's financial house of cards can't stay intact for much longer?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 20:45 - Apr 4 with 6305 viewsBURYFC_1885

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 17:00 - Apr 4 by aleanddale

They still lap it all up though!!

How many have said #enjoytheride

This is quite evidently not true.
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 21:05 - Apr 4 with 6239 viewsDaley_Lama

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 20:45 - Apr 4 by BURYFC_1885

That could precede every grand scheme your chur has come up with.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 21:07]

Poll: DF in or out

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 09:03 - Apr 5 with 5929 viewsaleanddale

If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 20:45 - Apr 4 by BURYFC_1885

except its quite close....

#whatcanwedo

#enjoytheride

#mysteryIOMbacker

#Peelcoughcough

Milky bars 1885 - get lots of wet wipes for all the white chocolate smeared faces
If Stewie's five year plan in May 2013 was.... on 09:34 - Apr 5 with 5888 viewsrod_leach

Why would Peel want to be anonymous, if they are involved? Why not just be up front?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024