Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General election looming? 19:49 - Oct 22 with 23347 viewsDaley_Lama

Who would people vote in in Rochdale?

Lab? A bloke who has voted against every single attempt to deliver Brexit?
Lib: A bloke or woman who would do the same?
Tory? In Rochdale?

I reckon this town could actually vote in a Farage candidate if a general election was called.

Poll: DF in or out

General election looming? on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 1624 views49thseason

General election looming? on 16:42 - Nov 10 by jonahwhereru

Sense our views on part politics are different, but also think the one thing we do probably agree on is that it’s all about “bums on seats” in parliament at the end of the day. The election skulduggery and lack of enthusiasm to deliver on all manifesto pledges tell us as much.

Indeed, I would be happy to start again with 650 new MPs who are contracted to resign their seats before they change parties or refuse to commit to the manifesto they were elected on.
General election looming? on 03:26 - Nov 12 with 1483 viewsFalingeParka

Tough one.

On ******* Brexit, It's to the HoC's collective credit that they haven't been able to decide exactly which run up we take to jump off the cliff. The stupidity of leaving the EU is beyond, way way beyond. It's so thick it's unbelievable, and yet of course it's all too.

So whatever, do what you like.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 3:27]

ColonelHall

General election looming? on 04:17 - Nov 12 with 1459 viewsFalingeParka

Just a couple more points on this and then I'm done. I promise.

Your MP, of whatever stripe, is a representative not a delegate.

I choose not to be angry about my fellow man's f*ckwittery, but with this caveat, and this one only. If I am ever in a queue for passport control in Lisbon , Dublin or wherever, in a long non EU line and I overhear someone say something along the lines of, 'typical', I will forget my lifetime of decent and yes British behaviour and beat your head against the marble floor until you are senseless.

ColonelHall

General election looming? on 08:03 - Nov 12 with 1390 viewsD_Alien

Lovin' this half three/four o' clock in t' morning vibe

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

General election looming? on 10:38 - Nov 12 with 1338 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 16:08 - Nov 7 by 49thseason

Do your own research! Should take about 2 minutes. Hint... there are 3 remain parties and 1 party that sort of says it might kind of leave in about Hmmm another 3 or 4 years if we can agree on a trade deal. And 1 party that reckons we should just walk away and not pay the EU any money, not let them have our fishing grounds, demand the £7.1 billion that we have invested in the EIB be repaid, not underwrite the EIB for £100Bn in the event it fails, not put our foreign policy and armed forces under EU control and go to WTO rules under WTO Article 24 which if the EU agreed would give us up to 10 years trading as now (no tariffs) prior to agreeing a new trading relationship...... That party!

So now Trump has got his wish and That Party has joined the list of 'sell-out' politicians who surrender righteous integrity for political necessity. Will you now be supporting the Conservative & Brexit Party?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

General election looming? on 11:05 - Nov 12 with 1323 viewsJames1980

So The Nigel Party Ltd isn't going to put up candidates in constituencies held by Tories. Wouldn't be surprised if Conservatives don't get a majority but Brexit Party get enough seats to enable a coalition of horror to be formed.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

General election looming? on 13:34 - Nov 12 with 1264 viewsDaleFan7

General election looming? on 11:05 - Nov 12 by James1980

So The Nigel Party Ltd isn't going to put up candidates in constituencies held by Tories. Wouldn't be surprised if Conservatives don't get a majority but Brexit Party get enough seats to enable a coalition of horror to be formed.

The coalition of horror is Labour and SNP.
General election looming? on 13:48 - Nov 12 with 1243 viewsJames1980

General election looming? on 13:34 - Nov 12 by DaleFan7

The coalition of horror is Labour and SNP.

I thought any coalition with Corbyn at the helm is a 'coalition of chaos'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

General election looming? on 15:55 - Nov 12 with 1208 viewsEllDale

I have this feeling that if Corbyn wins that there will then be a swift palace coup which will see John McDonnell installed as PM.
London Labour held a dress rehearsal many years ago when Ken Livingstone was inserted as leader instead of the guy who had just led them to electroal victory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024