Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General election looming? 19:49 - Oct 22 with 23342 viewsDaley_Lama

Who would people vote in in Rochdale?

Lab? A bloke who has voted against every single attempt to deliver Brexit?
Lib: A bloke or woman who would do the same?
Tory? In Rochdale?

I reckon this town could actually vote in a Farage candidate if a general election was called.

Poll: DF in or out

General election looming? on 13:27 - Oct 25 with 2203 viewsjudd

General election looming? on 13:15 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

I doubt very much the EU will grant the UK access to the single market without any costs associated with its upkeep. Unless of course you believe in magically reappearing cakes.

Mutually beneficial terms is my belief.

Poll: What is it to be then?

General election looming? on 13:36 - Oct 25 with 2184 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 13:18 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

Open minded people tend to read beyond the first line.

And not render what they don’t understand as irrelevant.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 13:36]

It went straight through my bowels

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

General election looming? on 13:41 - Oct 25 with 2180 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 13:36 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

It went straight through my bowels

I did suspect it would be too much for the brain.

It was good shit.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

General election looming? on 13:57 - Oct 25 with 2144 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 13:41 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

I did suspect it would be too much for the brain.

It was good shit.

"... you’re trying to convince yourself more than anything else." [9.22]

"How have i told you what you think?" [10.21]

Who has a problem with comprehension?

But no matter. For some considerable time, you've been labouring under the misapprehension that people have to provide YOU with comprehensive answers to your desperate questions - desperate in the sense that the thinking of those who voted Leave renders you in a state of bewilderment, and even at this stage you're still searching for answers that've been clearly defined throughout the past three years, in the HoC, in the media including on here on many, many occasions

It's become repetitive beyond tedium. An interesting debate opened up yesterday regarding the potential for future political realignment, something which i'm prepared to fully engage with since it's moving us on. I suggest you do the same

[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:03]

General election looming? on 14:12 - Oct 25 with 2138 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 13:57 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

"... you’re trying to convince yourself more than anything else." [9.22]

"How have i told you what you think?" [10.21]

Who has a problem with comprehension?

But no matter. For some considerable time, you've been labouring under the misapprehension that people have to provide YOU with comprehensive answers to your desperate questions - desperate in the sense that the thinking of those who voted Leave renders you in a state of bewilderment, and even at this stage you're still searching for answers that've been clearly defined throughout the past three years, in the HoC, in the media including on here on many, many occasions

It's become repetitive beyond tedium. An interesting debate opened up yesterday regarding the potential for future political realignment, something which i'm prepared to fully engage with since it's moving us on. I suggest you do the same

[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:03]

You’re flouncing again.

Nobody has to provide ME with anything. If they can’t answer rudimentary questions about something they want then it’s not unreasonable for me to draw conclusions from that is it? By the way, you’ve still not engaged with the post have you?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:20]

General election looming? on 14:13 - Oct 25 with 2122 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 14:12 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

You’re flouncing again.

Nobody has to provide ME with anything. If they can’t answer rudimentary questions about something they want then it’s not unreasonable for me to draw conclusions from that is it? By the way, you’ve still not engaged with the post have you?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:20]

Whatever...

Edit: no, still haven't bothered reading it. Can you give me a precis?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:21]

General election looming? on 14:20 - Oct 25 with 2117 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 13:27 - Oct 25 by judd

Mutually beneficial terms is my belief.

You could very well be right. However, I would caution that these arguments were forwarded in 2016. We’re three and a half years down the line and on our third prime minister, the EU has issued its second extension and we still haven’t even enacted a withdrawal agreement yet.

General election looming? on 14:22 - Oct 25 with 2109 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 14:13 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

Whatever...

Edit: no, still haven't bothered reading it. Can you give me a precis?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 14:21]

Very open-minded.

Login to get fewer ads

General election looming? on 14:23 - Oct 25 with 2091 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 14:22 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

Very open-minded.

Is that the precis?

General election looming? on 14:28 - Oct 25 with 2085 viewsjudd

General election looming? on 14:20 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

You could very well be right. However, I would caution that these arguments were forwarded in 2016. We’re three and a half years down the line and on our third prime minister, the EU has issued its second extension and we still haven’t even enacted a withdrawal agreement yet.

We are where we are, unforgivably so.

I am untroubled by the shape of the trade deal, just the time being taken.

Many of our customers and suppliers are based both in Europe and beyond. None wants to cease trading with us. I expect that will be the prevailing sentiment whatever the industry.

I do think agriculture and fishing will have major losses and gains and will be a troublesome debate, but I expect a lot of the groundwork has been done behind the scenes in case a hot head like me is elevated to chief decision maker in taking the UK out as required by the binding result of the referendum.

General election looming? on 14:51 - Oct 25 with 2069 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 14:28 - Oct 25 by judd

We are where we are, unforgivably so.

I am untroubled by the shape of the trade deal, just the time being taken.

Many of our customers and suppliers are based both in Europe and beyond. None wants to cease trading with us. I expect that will be the prevailing sentiment whatever the industry.

I do think agriculture and fishing will have major losses and gains and will be a troublesome debate, but I expect a lot of the groundwork has been done behind the scenes in case a hot head like me is elevated to chief decision maker in taking the UK out as required by the binding result of the referendum.

The problem will arise when we’re presented with a trade deal that says sure you can have access to the single market but you must follow our standards (e.g consumer or foodstuffs). What has been clear is that we will not be allowed to undercut EU standards in any arrangement with them. That is why they have been more than happy to shift some of the alignments in respect of standards to the political declaration. They know full well that Johnson is likely to try and undercut these but they’ll just say fine we won’t trade in those goods etc. unless you align yourself to our standards.
Anyway, the problem will be Brexiters will say hang on this is just like being in the EU!! To trade with them we have to adopt THEIR standards. We didn’t vote for this and the whole fooking shit show will continue.
I think you’ll be an excellent negotiator. Just don’t take DAlien with you what with his guts n’all.

General election looming? on 15:01 - Oct 25 with 2044 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 14:51 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

The problem will arise when we’re presented with a trade deal that says sure you can have access to the single market but you must follow our standards (e.g consumer or foodstuffs). What has been clear is that we will not be allowed to undercut EU standards in any arrangement with them. That is why they have been more than happy to shift some of the alignments in respect of standards to the political declaration. They know full well that Johnson is likely to try and undercut these but they’ll just say fine we won’t trade in those goods etc. unless you align yourself to our standards.
Anyway, the problem will be Brexiters will say hang on this is just like being in the EU!! To trade with them we have to adopt THEIR standards. We didn’t vote for this and the whole fooking shit show will continue.
I think you’ll be an excellent negotiator. Just don’t take DAlien with you what with his guts n’all.

Oooooohhh!!

Flouncey, flouncey, flouncey...

General election looming? on 15:11 - Oct 25 with 2044 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 15:01 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

Oooooohhh!!

Flouncey, flouncey, flouncey...

DAlien, the grown ups are talking.

General election looming? on 16:31 - Oct 25 with 1993 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 15:11 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

DAlien, the grown ups are talking.

They spoke yesterday about wider issues than your narrow focus on trade deals, perhaps you might care to join in something of wider interest?

And anyone with a flounce of common sense knows its your typical retort, not mine

General election looming? on 16:53 - Oct 25 with 1980 viewsjudd

I cannot see why the UK (in terms of a trade deal) would not be arguing from a position of considerable strength. We are a hugely desirable trading partner for anyone to either sell to or buy from.

I doubt very much that the might of Luxembourg will trump the economic interests of the big players when it comes to wanting to trade with the UK.

European standards, certainly in my industry, are perfectly fine to adhere to in that the UK has had significant input into their design. Granted, if you are a banana or pork pie salesman you may not agree.

I have to keep harking back to the simplicity of the question asked on the referendum paper and the two clear options available.

General election looming? on 20:32 - Oct 25 with 1925 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 16:53 - Oct 25 by judd

I cannot see why the UK (in terms of a trade deal) would not be arguing from a position of considerable strength. We are a hugely desirable trading partner for anyone to either sell to or buy from.

I doubt very much that the might of Luxembourg will trump the economic interests of the big players when it comes to wanting to trade with the UK.

European standards, certainly in my industry, are perfectly fine to adhere to in that the UK has had significant input into their design. Granted, if you are a banana or pork pie salesman you may not agree.

I have to keep harking back to the simplicity of the question asked on the referendum paper and the two clear options available.

Fair enough. You’re a full on leaver now.
I just can’t help but think of that film, Superman 3. The bit where Superman goes bad and smashes them bottles in that pub by flicking nuts at them and where he rips a hole in that oil tanker for no reason resulting in oil splilling into the sea and probably killing innocent seagulls and fish and that.
...oh why am I falling apart?
I just hope that one day the good will jump out of the bad and the good has a fight with the bad and wins, in a scrap yard (it works on so many levels). And you repair that oil tanker by welding it with yours eyes. I’m not sure if he replaced the bottles.
One day I’ll hope you come back and throw the evil Emperor (DAlien) with his lightning coming out of guts into that hole.
...I knew him so well, bright eyes.
I may have got some of the films and music a bit mixed up but that doesn’t detract from the seriousness of the post.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 20:42]

General election looming? on 20:35 - Oct 25 with 1921 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 16:31 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

They spoke yesterday about wider issues than your narrow focus on trade deals, perhaps you might care to join in something of wider interest?

And anyone with a flounce of common sense knows its your typical retort, not mine

Is gammon measured in flounces?

General election looming? on 21:07 - Oct 25 with 1894 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 16:53 - Oct 25 by judd

Undoubtedly Leave must be implemented whatever the consequences. The idea that 'we' all benefit equally from economic growth fails the study of history. Any growth from Brexit (as well as counteracting the lost EU trade arising from diverging regulations) will arise from becoming more 'competitive' globally - lowering our costs and standards i.e. less workers, lower wages, less rights, more insecurity. The gap between rich & poor has grown inexorably since 1979 when it was the lowest in our history. The wealth of the 'free market' is grown on the backs of the dispossessed - ask the ex-mining & steel communities or the delivery drivers of the digital economy.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

General election looming? on 21:08 - Oct 25 with 1893 viewsmikehunt

Why on earth would we want to undercut their standards? All our manufacturing etc. is already geared up to conform to to these standards. It would make no sense to dumb down unless we really are hell bent on becoming a Banana Republic.
A lot of British Standards are the basis of Euro and International norms. This should be the minimum working practice we adhere to. We should be looking to improve on these standards, if anything, to make our goods better than others.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

General election looming? on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 1873 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 21:08 - Oct 25 by mikehunt

Why on earth would we want to undercut their standards? All our manufacturing etc. is already geared up to conform to to these standards. It would make no sense to dumb down unless we really are hell bent on becoming a Banana Republic.
A lot of British Standards are the basis of Euro and International norms. This should be the minimum working practice we adhere to. We should be looking to improve on these standards, if anything, to make our goods better than others.

I suggest you read ‘Britannia Unchained’ by Chris Skidmore and Kwarsi Kwarteng and backed by most of the current cabinet, in particular Raab and Patel. EU standards really are seen as the scourge of UK global competitiveness.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 23:18]

General election looming? on 00:23 - Oct 26 with 1813 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 20:35 - Oct 25 by BigDaveMyCock

Is gammon measured in flounces?

I dunno, you're the resident expert

General election looming? on 21:04 - Oct 28 with 1672 viewsJames1980

So what's going to happen next in the soap opera then

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

General election looming? on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 1609 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 21:04 - Oct 28 by James1980

So what's going to happen next in the soap opera then

If the last three and a half years are anything to go by, usually the exact opposite of what DAlien predicts.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 22:06]

General election looming? on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 1581 viewsD_Alien

General election looming? on 22:06 - Oct 28 by BigDaveMyCock

If the last three and a half years are anything to go by, usually the exact opposite of what DAlien predicts.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2019 22:06]

I predict you'll finally post summat positive, insightful and life-enhancing

General election looming? on 11:46 - Oct 29 with 1469 viewsSandyman

Nothing is certain in UK politics, but it looks like the General Election could happen this year..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50221856
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024