Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood 14:00 - Dec 26 with 12286 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51540/match-preview-dale-vs

TVOS Preview:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51533/tvos-dale-v-fleetwood

Refwatch:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51532/refwatch-dale-v-fleet

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:51 - Dec 26 with 2934 viewsjacko_dale

3-2 Fleetwood.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:55 - Dec 26 with 2861 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:51 - Dec 26 by jacko_dale

3-2 Fleetwood.

Ffs just give us a fcuking break with these injures it's never ending

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:55 - Dec 26 with 2852 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:41 - Dec 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

All 3 of their used subs would have been starting for us.

Of our entire squad I think only ND would be in their team. Even a fit Hendo would not be in the starting 11.

Just shows what we already know about the gulf in funding and squads.

Correct.....our squad is weak. Another 2 injuries sustained....playing with 10 men and then a late sickener !

RND will be a MASSIVE miss!
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:13 - Dec 26 with 2629 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 16:55 - Dec 26 by Dale23years

Ffs just give us a fcuking break with these injures it's never ending

It happens to ALL teams it's just everyone else has a squad rather than just over 11 first team level players, the chance of us going through the season with zero injuries was exactly that.....zero
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:15 - Dec 26 with 2616 viewsDaleFan7

Unlucky with injuries. Woeful ref.

That said, too many anonymous/abysmal performances today Williams, Camps, Done and Ryan all absolutely awful today.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 2585 viewsSandyDrum

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:15 - Dec 26 by DaleFan7

Unlucky with injuries. Woeful ref.

That said, too many anonymous/abysmal performances today Williams, Camps, Done and Ryan all absolutely awful today.

Disagree with Ryan, thought the attacking threat became almost 0 when Ryan went off.
He was holding the midfield together very well.

Williams and Done for me, very poor.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 2542 viewsisitme

Agree. I thought that was Ryan's best game in a Dale shirt.

A bit unlucky today with the deflection and the awful injury for RND. One step forward and two back with injuries

How poor was the ref today? Gave us nothing.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:25 - Dec 26 with 2511 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:18 - Dec 26 by SandyDrum

Disagree with Ryan, thought the attacking threat became almost 0 when Ryan went off.
He was holding the midfield together very well.

Williams and Done for me, very poor.

Presume the Ambulance with Blues & Two”s was for RND, hope it’s just a precaution.

Didn’t look that bad from where I was sat, looked to slide into the keeper.

On the whole a better all round performance than I have seen for a good while, shite ref..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 2479 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:13 - Dec 26 by nordenblue

It happens to ALL teams it's just everyone else has a squad rather than just over 11 first team level players, the chance of us going through the season with zero injuries was exactly that.....zero

Not all teams have had 3 CBs out for long term injuries, first choice right back who's never fit now our best left back out long term.
Top that off with injuries to our midfield and hendo, most squads in this division would struggle.

Doesn't help also we have players robbing a wage every week.

Hope this period is a harsh lesson learnt for the directors and BBM

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:37 - Dec 26 with 2406 viewsDalenet

What have we learned that hasn't been said. Camps is not a captain. Done was running around like a headless chicken. Keohane was doing his best but can't play down the left because he can't cross. BBM and team more concerned about the laptop and formations when we first went down to 10 men and we go and concede. We don't seem to be able to concentrate. But to be fair Fleetwood were faster and the better side despite them conning the ref. Haines is well known to us but that was a shocking performance even by his standards.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 2342 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Dale23years

Not all teams have had 3 CBs out for long term injuries, first choice right back who's never fit now our best left back out long term.
Top that off with injuries to our midfield and hendo, most squads in this division would struggle.

Very true,not to mention initially signing a left back that's been nothing but injury prone and sending a centre half out on loan all season while knowingly struggling for numbers,not to worry we could always play a keeper or 2 outfield maybe because every squad needs 3 first team keepers......said nobody ever
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 17:59]
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 2311 viewsmilnrowblue

Not really concerned about today’s result. We weren’t the better team, but definitely weren’t out for the game at any point. Alby stepped up massively and put in a great performance. MJ remains toothless. Referee was inept, but given all the good ones are down at St George’s Park today it isn’t much of a surprise with the Premier League and EFL not giving a toss about us lot.

I must say that the infighting between Sandy Laners was disappointing, however I think some of the culprits haven’t been for a few years.

All in all, not too concerned, just hope RND is alright.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:49 - Dec 26 with 2288 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:37 - Dec 26 by Dalenet

What have we learned that hasn't been said. Camps is not a captain. Done was running around like a headless chicken. Keohane was doing his best but can't play down the left because he can't cross. BBM and team more concerned about the laptop and formations when we first went down to 10 men and we go and concede. We don't seem to be able to concentrate. But to be fair Fleetwood were faster and the better side despite them conning the ref. Haines is well known to us but that was a shocking performance even by his standards.

I would hope to hear an update on the injuries position ( esp RND) tonight when BBm finally emerges to speak. That's what is important now as we slip down to 19th and nearer the soft and smelly. Accy and Wimbledon both won away to consolidate their own positions above us.

None of this "we were in control for long periods " and "good possesion and gave our all etc"

Several players ( as noted herein) sold us all short today.....we got shut of Pyke today and there are a couple of others that should be no where near starting.....let's hope we have a bit of good news on the injuries front.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:57 - Dec 26 with 2203 views49thseason

By the time RND was injured, Haines had completely lost the plot, not that he ever had any sort of a grip on it. Fleetwood would be a decent side if they stopped their play acting and cynical gamesmanship but given their idiot manager there is little chance, especially with referees like Haines who is way past his sell by date and incapable of moving out of the centre circle. Yes, I am biased, but he really is an immeasurable pile of steaming horse residue who would struggle to referee a sunday morning game.
The problems for BBM continue to mount, he has been dealt an unplayable hand, and unless he gets some substantial help in January I fear the worst. There was plenty of effort on show today, not always well directed but to get in front twice and not hang on
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:59 - Dec 26 with 2184 views49thseason

By the time RND was injured, Haines had completely lost the plot, not that he ever had any sort of a grip on it. Fleetwood would be a decent side if they stopped their play acting and cynical gamesmanship but given their idiot manager there is little chance, especially with referees like Haines who is way past his sell by date and incapable of moving out of the centre circle. Yes, I am biased, but he really is an immeasurable pile of steaming horse residue who would struggle to referee a sunday morning game.
The problems for BBM continue to mount, he has been dealt an unplayable hand, and unless he gets some substantial help in January I fear the worst. There was plenty of effort on show today, not always well directed but to get in front twice and not hang on is a huge blow, even a draw would have been a tonic for everyone, sadly this is not a club currently able to make its own luck.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:01 - Dec 26 with 2165 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:28 - Dec 26 by Dale23years

I’m with you there, D23. Every team expects to have injuries, that’s a given, but I’ve never known an injury crisis like the one we’re having this year. It’s freakish. Even the perma-fit Henderson is injured for (I think) the first time in his Dale career.

Can we put Matheson on a high-protein diet and get him in the gym? A great prospect and already a good attacker but he needs to bulk up a lot to stop getting brushed off the ball so easily in defensive positions.

Thrilled for Wilbraham today as well.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:09 - Dec 26 with 2100 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 17:49 - Dec 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

I would hope to hear an update on the injuries position ( esp RND) tonight when BBm finally emerges to speak. That's what is important now as we slip down to 19th and nearer the soft and smelly. Accy and Wimbledon both won away to consolidate their own positions above us.

None of this "we were in control for long periods " and "good possesion and gave our all etc"

Several players ( as noted herein) sold us all short today.....we got shut of Pyke today and there are a couple of others that should be no where near starting.....let's hope we have a bit of good news on the injuries front.

BBM was on Radio Bolton about half-an-hour ago.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 2085 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:01 - Dec 26 by Shun

I’m with you there, D23. Every team expects to have injuries, that’s a given, but I’ve never known an injury crisis like the one we’re having this year. It’s freakish. Even the perma-fit Henderson is injured for (I think) the first time in his Dale career.

Can we put Matheson on a high-protein diet and get him in the gym? A great prospect and already a good attacker but he needs to bulk up a lot to stop getting brushed off the ball so easily in defensive positions.

Thrilled for Wilbraham today as well.

Fear Luke will be gone in January, first £100k will see him go

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:25 - Dec 26 with 1951 views1907

Talk about having no luck...

Haines put in his worst performance to date & he’s had some fairly poor performances in the past.

A word for Fleetwood - a team packed full of quality but an absolute disgrace in terms of sportsmanship & general behaviour. Barton has basically moulded a team into 11 versions of himself. A scumbag.

We did an awful lot right today & I think it’s important to remember that.

Has the horrific injury not happened, we could have gone on to nick one as we were definitely in the ascendency.

Thought Wilbraham was outstanding today & his family should be truly proud of what he is still achieving in football.

There was definitely an element of naivety with regards the Done injury. It took so long to get Baah on the pitch that we had to play for a few minutes with ten men and as expected they scored.

Think we’ve done really well to achieve what we did from the game with what we had available in terms of selection.

We’ve just been on the end of some terrible luck.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 18:27]
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:27 - Dec 26 with 1934 viewsD_Alien

If making your own luck is a truism, then today we made our own bad luck

We were second best to every loose ball, had no midfield to speak of until Rathbone came on (the disconnect between MJ, Ryan, Dooley, Camps, those in front of them was dispiriting), the referee fell for every trick in the Barton playbook, we ended up having a CB injured through chasing a ball on their goal-line due to the absence of any of our forwards to do the job, i could go on...

We deserved something from the game for Alby's sake, but for no other reason

At least BBM seems to have lost patience with Pyke, and Baah created the only real moment of excitement other than the goals. And i suppose we have Hendo & Magloire due back, possibly McNulty too, but without something happening with the squad in January i'm no longer sure i can bear to watch us get turned over by average sides who're just more proficient at some L1 basics

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:29 - Dec 26 with 1908 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:25 - Dec 26 by 1907

Haines put in his worst performance to date & he’s had some fairly poor performances in the past.

A word for Fleetwood - a team packed full of quality but an absolute disgrace in terms of sportsmanship & general behaviour. Barton has basically moulded a team into 11 versions of himself. A scumbag.

Has the horrific injury not happened, we could have gone on to nick one as we were definitely in the ascendency.

Thought Wilbraham was outstanding today & his family should be truly proud of what he is still achieving in football.

There was definitely an element of naivety with regards the Done injury. It took so long to get Baah on the pitch that we had to play for a few minutes with ten men and as expected they scored.

Think we’ve done really well to achieve what we did from the game with what we had available in terms of selection.

"There was definitely an element of naivety with regards the Done injury. It took so long to get Baah on the pitch that we had to play for a few minutes with ten men and as expected they scored."

Yes, meant to mention that. Luck aside, that's the type of basics i was referring to

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:32 - Dec 26 with 1874 viewsboromat

BBM has said it's a face injury to RND near his mouth so hopefully shouldn't be out too long but who knows. Especially if he needs any dental ops. BBM also hinted at other last minute injuries before the game, maybe Pyke?

Today was awful to watch, the referee was very one sided he was poor. Then the additional injuries we sustained. Just doesn't seem to be going our way. The only positive was that we scored 2 goals and in the whole did look to have more impetus going forward than we have recently.

At this rate the youth team will be playing against Newcastle.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 1858 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:25 - Dec 26 by 1907

Nothing to do with luck.

We are bottom of the form league in the last six and last eight matches overall and the last four matches at home:

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Whilst anyone can be on the end of one bad decision our current form shows a lot around a lack of playing for style and not for results.

Perhaps some of the characteristics that saw us scrap for our lives when BBM was appointed can be readministered.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:41 - Dec 26 with 1801 views1907

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:34 - Dec 26 by RAFCBLUE

Nothing to do with luck.

We are bottom of the form league in the last six and last eight matches overall and the last four matches at home:

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Whilst anyone can be on the end of one bad decision our current form shows a lot around a lack of playing for style and not for results.

Perhaps some of the characteristics that saw us scrap for our lives when BBM was appointed can be readministered.

Absolute nonsense. Luck plays a major part in football whether you believe in it or not.

I’m not saying what we’re doing is brilliant or perfect by the way, I’ve just never seen a run of bad luck like it.

Haines was never even supposed to be referring that game today, a last minute replacement & unfortunately he impacted that game massively.

We were in the ascendency until RND has been booted in the face in a 50/50, seconds after we’ve made our third sub.

We aren’t getting the rub of the green at the minute in the slightest. Yes our squad depth is weak but this injury record this season is insane.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 18:45 - Dec 26 with 1759 viewsswiggy

Unbelievably Newcastle are worse defensively than us 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024