Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood 14:00 - Dec 26 with 12284 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51540/match-preview-dale-vs

TVOS Preview:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51533/tvos-dale-v-fleetwood

Refwatch:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51532/refwatch-dale-v-fleet

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 09:59 - Dec 27 with 1548 viewsNafelad

If there was a league table for refereeing performance, I know where Haines would/should be!!

Topcat

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 1528 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 09:16 - Dec 27 by tony_roch975

absolutely - and to compound matters we make a substitution a few minutes earlier and take off Ryan instead of, the obviously struggling, Done.

Yes, just after Ryan had helped put us back in the lead by releasing Matheson on the right

What we needed at that point was stability. Instead, we invited Fleetwood back into the game when no invitation was needed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 10:02 - Dec 27 with 1530 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwood on 09:59 - Dec 27 by Nafelad

If there was a league table for refereeing performance, I know where Haines would/should be!!

Very clear to see who ate all the mince pies. Not fit for purpose.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 11:32 - Dec 27 with 1358 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 10:01 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

Yes, just after Ryan had helped put us back in the lead by releasing Matheson on the right

What we needed at that point was stability. Instead, we invited Fleetwood back into the game when no invitation was needed

Must admit; I was bewildered when Ryan went off. He seemed to be one of our better players yesterday.

That, plus the "signal" to drop deep after we took the lead for the second time, plus the age it took to make a sub when Done was injured makes me think we lost the Managerial battle yesterday, with BBM showing inexperience.

As for the game, they dominated much of the first half without really going at us...it felt like they had another gear to move into, which they did after our second goal, just as we allowed them acres of space in midfield by sitting too deep.

We scored with our only effort on goal in the first half, and then Alby again scored past their keeper at the same near post, but it never ever felt like we would hold on, as our players dropped deeper and deeper. Orders. fear or both?

I know Done was injured (he was feeling the same injury early in the first half) but he really is a poor player at the moment. He and Camps just never got into the game. And I'm afraid that Keohane is nowhere near fast enough to play right back...and far too willing to stop and look for a sideways or defensive pass once he has the ball. And poor young Luke got found out defensively due to lack of physicality. Not fair to ask him to play every match at just turned 17.

As for the positives; O'Connell was magnificent at the back, Sanchez looked very commanding on crosses (until they injured him a moment before they equalised) and it was good to see Alby score twice .

Note to BBM: he will never score if you play him on the wing...what's all that about eh?

To sum it all up, it was sadly no surprise that we lost. Their squad is so much stronger than ours.

The Board must take responsibility for the mess we find ourselves in... it's their Manager, and he signed most of the squad, albeit with both hands tied behind his back financially.

We are in a relegation scrap, and unless we invest in reinforcements in January, our CEO's prediction will come true, and we will be in danger of L2 and beyond. About all he's got right so far. The Chairman would know all of this...had he been there to watch.

Finally, and , as if to rub salt into our wounds, we are served up with the worst refereeing performance of the season by an overweight official who got so much wrong (for both teams...but in the main his mistakes favoured Fleetwood) that he should be put on a strict diet and made to watch the match DVD as punishment.
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 11:59 - Dec 27 with 1303 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 11:32 - Dec 27 by dawlishdale

Must admit; I was bewildered when Ryan went off. He seemed to be one of our better players yesterday.

That, plus the "signal" to drop deep after we took the lead for the second time, plus the age it took to make a sub when Done was injured makes me think we lost the Managerial battle yesterday, with BBM showing inexperience.

As for the game, they dominated much of the first half without really going at us...it felt like they had another gear to move into, which they did after our second goal, just as we allowed them acres of space in midfield by sitting too deep.

We scored with our only effort on goal in the first half, and then Alby again scored past their keeper at the same near post, but it never ever felt like we would hold on, as our players dropped deeper and deeper. Orders. fear or both?

I know Done was injured (he was feeling the same injury early in the first half) but he really is a poor player at the moment. He and Camps just never got into the game. And I'm afraid that Keohane is nowhere near fast enough to play right back...and far too willing to stop and look for a sideways or defensive pass once he has the ball. And poor young Luke got found out defensively due to lack of physicality. Not fair to ask him to play every match at just turned 17.

As for the positives; O'Connell was magnificent at the back, Sanchez looked very commanding on crosses (until they injured him a moment before they equalised) and it was good to see Alby score twice .

Note to BBM: he will never score if you play him on the wing...what's all that about eh?

To sum it all up, it was sadly no surprise that we lost. Their squad is so much stronger than ours.

The Board must take responsibility for the mess we find ourselves in... it's their Manager, and he signed most of the squad, albeit with both hands tied behind his back financially.

We are in a relegation scrap, and unless we invest in reinforcements in January, our CEO's prediction will come true, and we will be in danger of L2 and beyond. About all he's got right so far. The Chairman would know all of this...had he been there to watch.

Finally, and , as if to rub salt into our wounds, we are served up with the worst refereeing performance of the season by an overweight official who got so much wrong (for both teams...but in the main his mistakes favoured Fleetwood) that he should be put on a strict diet and made to watch the match DVD as punishment.

Great post Dawlish! Loads of home truths dished out ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 14:31 - Dec 27 with 1128 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 11:59 - Dec 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Great post Dawlish! Loads of home truths dished out ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Indeed.
We know where our problems lie and they have been well articulated on this thread.

What we couldn't compensate for was the absolutely dire performance of the well past it Haines as a so-called "referee". On the "ratings vote" he barely scrapes above the lowest possible score of 1. One sided? He was a joke. Talk about pantomime villain?
"Not seeing" (really?) the foul for a penalty on Baah, and "not seeing" (really?) the follow-up stomp on Baah's leg just compounded his lack of impartiality throughout the game.
At full time when the officials gathered together in front of their fans from Fleetwood, it was interesting to note that Baah shook the hand of a linesman, refused to shake hands with Haines and walked straight off the pitch, such was the young mans disgust at this hopeless excuse for a fair referee. Better than getting into trouble for saying something, erm, true?
Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 14:49 - Dec 27 with 1081 views49thseason

Match Thread: Dale v Fleetwoo on 14:31 - Dec 27 by Sandyman

Indeed.
We know where our problems lie and they have been well articulated on this thread.

What we couldn't compensate for was the absolutely dire performance of the well past it Haines as a so-called "referee". On the "ratings vote" he barely scrapes above the lowest possible score of 1. One sided? He was a joke. Talk about pantomime villain?
"Not seeing" (really?) the foul for a penalty on Baah, and "not seeing" (really?) the follow-up stomp on Baah's leg just compounded his lack of impartiality throughout the game.
At full time when the officials gathered together in front of their fans from Fleetwood, it was interesting to note that Baah shook the hand of a linesman, refused to shake hands with Haines and walked straight off the pitch, such was the young mans disgust at this hopeless excuse for a fair referee. Better than getting into trouble for saying something, erm, true?

Yes, I noticed Baah's reaction to the "referee" (a very loose term in Haines case). I thought the lad showed some real promise when he came on although I have to admit that I like players who seen to have a bit of "devil" about them. It's easy to see the lad has the talent and is not frightened to go up against the big lads who confronted him yesterday.
I have posted elsewhere that the club needs to complain about Haines to the EFL in the strongest possible terms, his lack of control was a serious threat to the safety of our players particularly some of the youngest on the pitch. Needless to say, Fleetwood were despicable, but I guess we should expect little else given their yard-dog of a manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024