Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale 21:34 - Feb 10 with 25427 viewsChaffRAFC

Some info from Sunderland:

Fanzone

We have a fanzone in the Beacon of Light for this game. Dale fans are welcome. Do you know any fans that are attending the game that would be interested in doing an interview with us to provide a review of your season so far? If so please can you ask if we can have their contact details to call them in advance?

Local Pubs

Near the ground - Colliery Tavern, Hilton Hotel. Our fanzone is open for all fans too located outside the East Stand of the Stadium of Light

City Centre - I would recommend The Peacock, The Engine Room, Revolution, Greens, Victors

Car Parking

We have six parking bays available for your supporters that require disabled parking. Please ask your supporters to call 0191 551 5004 to enquire about these.

For all other supporters I would recommend St Mary's car park (postcode SR1 3AH). A few other car parks are recommended in the stadium guide link above.

Coaches

Your coaches will be allowed to park right outside the visitors turnstiles at the stadium. The coaches can then park up right next to the ground (stewards will direct them). The coaches will be allowed to return outside the turnstiles to collect ten minutes before full time.

There is great access to the ground so there shouldn't be any issue and it will be a short distance for all your supporters. Do you know how many coaches are coming?

Travel Issues

There should be no issues on the road for this one.

For your fans that might be getting the train to Newcastle to get to Sunderland, they will be using the metro to get to the ground. I would recommend that they get off at St Peter’s Metro station as that is the one nearest to the ground on arrival. They will have to use the Stadium of Light metro to return to Newcastle though (slightly confusing I know).

Drums & Flags

Unfortunately we don’t allow drums but if your fans want to bring flags our stewards will help them to put them on display on arrival. If any fans are bringing a surfer please let me know.

Lift Access for disabled and elderly supporters

As our away end is in the upper tier your supporters can use the lift in the Black Cats Bar. This is for fans that struggle with stairs otherwise the fastest way to get up is using the stairs.

https://m.facebook.com/1540437926195101/photos/a.1620924081479818/25180809850974

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:24 - Feb 11 with 2657 viewsborntogo

Busy night for the defence and midfield, I fear. No target/hold up striker, again, hence the ball will keep on coming back.

Good sides can attack en masse, of course, but only if they've got midfielders who can run with the ball and create overloads - can't see Done, Morley, Dooley and Ryan doing that.

There's a half-decent team in that Dale squad, employing the right tactics. They play with heart and effort, this lot, but they have to battle their way through BBM's daft decisions.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 2523 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:24 - Feb 11 by borntogo

Busy night for the defence and midfield, I fear. No target/hold up striker, again, hence the ball will keep on coming back.

Good sides can attack en masse, of course, but only if they've got midfielders who can run with the ball and create overloads - can't see Done, Morley, Dooley and Ryan doing that.

There's a half-decent team in that Dale squad, employing the right tactics. They play with heart and effort, this lot, but they have to battle their way through BBM's daft decisions.

You're tedious
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 2428 viewsDaleFan7

0-1 :(
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:01 - Feb 11 with 2352 viewsSandyDrum

I hope I'm wrong but we can just write tonight off, started VERY poorly, we aren't in the game at all.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 2301 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:01 - Feb 11 by SandyDrum

I hope I'm wrong but we can just write tonight off, started VERY poorly, we aren't in the game at all.

0-2, could be a hammering this. Can't get out of our own half.

Ryan pissing about with it.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 20:04]
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 2298 viewsSuddenLad

2-0

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 2298 viewsDalenet

Sadly agree. We look very slow. Two nil now
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 2222 viewsfitzochris

A failure to go into a game with a Plan B from the off has cost us this season, allied to the volume of injuries and paper thin squad.

It’s hilarious that Parkinson said what he would do if we set up with Plan A. We have and he has. Painful to watch, quite frankly.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 2217 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:45 - Feb 11 by Mass_Debater

You're tedious

But he is spot on.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 2174 viewsrochdaleriddler

Over long ball forward from Sanchez , or constant messing at the back! Neither is working

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 2162 viewsdingdangblue

Has any Dale player scored 3 own goals in a season before?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 2158 viewsIOMDale

Will happily admit I didn’t bother paying to stream this when Parkinson made it clear he had our number; it’s clear we can’t (or won’t) play another way so this is sadly inevitable.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 2157 viewsmightydale

The gift that just keeps giving with his piss poor tactics

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 2143 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:03 - Feb 11 by Dalenet

Sadly agree. We look very slow. Two nil now

Looks like the scout did well......poss game over in 15 mins?

Feel sorry for the fans trekking up there in on such a shitty night.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:09 - Feb 11 with 2113 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:08 - Feb 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Looks like the scout did well......poss game over in 15 mins?

Feel sorry for the fans trekking up there in on such a shitty night.

We will start to play after 70 mins

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:10 - Feb 11 with 2076 viewsShun

Get Wilbraham on and formulate that elusive Plan B.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 2075 viewsborntogo

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 19:45 - Feb 11 by Mass_Debater

You're tedious

I just don't get the unnecessary hostile reaction, Mr Debater, to someone putting up his viewpont here - isn't it what the forum is for? - especially when, sadly, I appear to be spot-on this evening.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 2068 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:07 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

Has any Dale player scored 3 own goals in a season before?

Rory McArdle, Tom Kennedy,?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:15 - Feb 11 with 1971 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 18:58 - Feb 11 by boromat

No Rathbone 🙈

Both McLaughlin brothers on the bench......is that a first?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:15 - Feb 11 with 1957 viewsKenBoon

We cannot play against even the most basic press. Their manager told us this and we still produce this crap. They don’t need to be good because we will beat ourselves. It’s unacceptable we didn’t recruit at least one forward in the window.
Edit: one more forward.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 20:17]
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:16 - Feb 11 with 1924 viewsdingdangblue

If anyone is pissed of with Dale passing it around at the back and f##cking up - see Brentford's opener v Leeds just now!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:17 - Feb 11 with 1918 viewsSandyDrum

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:15 - Feb 11 by KenBoon

We cannot play against even the most basic press. Their manager told us this and we still produce this crap. They don’t need to be good because we will beat ourselves. It’s unacceptable we didn’t recruit at least one forward in the window.
Edit: one more forward.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 20:17]

We did, and that forward won us 3 points against Shrewsbury.

Although I agree with the rest of your post, this is dreadful.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:18 - Feb 11 with 1892 viewsSuddenLad

2_1

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:19 - Feb 11 with 1843 viewsSuddenLad

Sorry.... 3_0.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 1799 viewsShun

Jesus Christ.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024