Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale 21:34 - Feb 10 with 25407 viewsChaffRAFC

Some info from Sunderland:

Fanzone

We have a fanzone in the Beacon of Light for this game. Dale fans are welcome. Do you know any fans that are attending the game that would be interested in doing an interview with us to provide a review of your season so far? If so please can you ask if we can have their contact details to call them in advance?

Local Pubs

Near the ground - Colliery Tavern, Hilton Hotel. Our fanzone is open for all fans too located outside the East Stand of the Stadium of Light

City Centre - I would recommend The Peacock, The Engine Room, Revolution, Greens, Victors

Car Parking

We have six parking bays available for your supporters that require disabled parking. Please ask your supporters to call 0191 551 5004 to enquire about these.

For all other supporters I would recommend St Mary's car park (postcode SR1 3AH). A few other car parks are recommended in the stadium guide link above.

Coaches

Your coaches will be allowed to park right outside the visitors turnstiles at the stadium. The coaches can then park up right next to the ground (stewards will direct them). The coaches will be allowed to return outside the turnstiles to collect ten minutes before full time.

There is great access to the ground so there shouldn't be any issue and it will be a short distance for all your supporters. Do you know how many coaches are coming?

Travel Issues

There should be no issues on the road for this one.

For your fans that might be getting the train to Newcastle to get to Sunderland, they will be using the metro to get to the ground. I would recommend that they get off at St Peter’s Metro station as that is the one nearest to the ground on arrival. They will have to use the Stadium of Light metro to return to Newcastle though (slightly confusing I know).

Drums & Flags

Unfortunately we don’t allow drums but if your fans want to bring flags our stewards will help them to put them on display on arrival. If any fans are bringing a surfer please let me know.

Lift Access for disabled and elderly supporters

As our away end is in the upper tier your supporters can use the lift in the Black Cats Bar. This is for fans that struggle with stairs otherwise the fastest way to get up is using the stairs.

https://m.facebook.com/1540437926195101/photos/a.1620924081479818/25180809850974

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 2479 viewsDaleFan7

0-3 Sanchez makes a save, 6-7 players in our box all stood still ball watching. They get to it first and score. Not good.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 2464 viewsKenBoon

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:17 - Feb 11 by SandyDrum

We did, and that forward won us 3 points against Shrewsbury.

Although I agree with the rest of your post, this is dreadful.

Yeah I meant extend our forward options. We only really replaced Pike.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:21 - Feb 11 with 2463 viewsAncoats_Blue

Good grief.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:22 - Feb 11 with 2425 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:21 - Feb 11 by Ancoats_Blue

Good grief.

Absolutely piss poor

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:22 - Feb 11 with 2395 viewsKenBoon

Disgusting performance this. Dooley has no business playing in any game where the opponents are above league 2 level. He is class against crap teams though.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 2398 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:20 - Feb 11 by DaleFan7

0-3 Sanchez makes a save, 6-7 players in our box all stood still ball watching. They get to it first and score. Not good.

Like a game of musical statues.

Players look to have given up.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 2376 viewsRAFC_1990

Absolutely shocking performance so far, embarrassing! Absolutely no options going forward. Its like we dont even care

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 2370 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:15 - Feb 11 by KenBoon

We cannot play against even the most basic press. Their manager told us this and we still produce this crap. They don’t need to be good because we will beat ourselves. It’s unacceptable we didn’t recruit at least one forward in the window.
Edit: one more forward.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 20:17]

If we had a forward we'd need to get a ball to him. How many passes are we losing. We are missing Rathbone. Ref isn't helping but he isn't at fault for our lack of pace or idea

Could have been four then. Horror show
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:23 - Feb 11 with 2362 viewsD_Alien

Sounds like the recent Tuesday night game in the North East, 3-0 down without even a whimper

It's unacceptable. We'll be lucky to keep this to summat like 4-1, if Sunderland become bored with it

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 20:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:24 - Feb 11 with 2345 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

So long as the managers tactics involve square pegs and round holes, this is what we have to get used to. Not playing Wilbraham or Smith up front tonight is football suicide. Clueless management.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:25 - Feb 11 with 2326 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:20 - Feb 11 by DaleFan7

Another turkey shoot.....far too lightweight our lot.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:25 - Feb 11 with 2286 viewsDelboy

This is the most inept performance so far. Clueless players operating to a system that they are simply not good enough to play. Every team we play that has any sense will simply put pressure on our back four until we give the ball away no creative skill necessary we will simply concede ground in the most dangerous areas possible. Its just too easy !!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 2236 viewsMasher

Can see us losing this by 6 or 7. Have Sunderland got a goalkeeper on the pitch? If so he must be bored, cant even remember him having a touch. Even at 2 down there are no forward options for us to play except backwards. We have 1 plan only and we have obviously been well and truly found out

Up The Dale!!

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 2221 viewsShun

The game is lost. Let’s just make it through tonight with no injuries or suspensions and focus on the more important game on Saturday.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:28 - Feb 11 with 2215 viewsdawlishdale

Looking at the team sheet, this was to be expected. It's a huge gamble saving players for Saturday (if it's on, which is very much in doubt)

Poor from BBM....so easy to play against. If I were Hendo, I'd be on the phone to my agent first thing in the morning.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 2189 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:27 - Feb 11 by Shun

The game is lost. Let’s just make it through tonight with no injuries or suspensions and focus on the more important game on Saturday.

Norrington davies off injured

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 2184 viewsisitme

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:28 - Feb 11 by dawlishdale

Looking at the team sheet, this was to be expected. It's a huge gamble saving players for Saturday (if it's on, which is very much in doubt)

Poor from BBM....so easy to play against. If I were Hendo, I'd be on the phone to my agent first thing in the morning.

Isn't he leaving in the summer anyway? I agree that we are too lightweight and slow. We need to address this in our recruitment this summer.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:32 - Feb 11 with 2079 viewsjudd

What is it with us, Sunderland and fookin mugs?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:33 - Feb 11 with 2064 viewsThacks_Rabbits

In fairness they have only had 6 more shots than us, on the downside they have had 6 shots!!!!

Maybe if we get our first corner we can press on.

Absolute shambles management.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:34 - Feb 11 with 2050 viewsKenBoon

They’re not top of the league for a reason but we’re making them look like world beaters. We were told is how they’d play and still do this. It’s brainless. The manager is hampered by a lack of options but he had at least two more up front. The CBA attitude from some of the players tonight is unacceptable.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:34 - Feb 11 with 2035 viewsfitzochris

Agents.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:36 - Feb 11 with 1980 viewsdingdangblue

Tonight isn't important - Saturday is important - I would rather have played a reserve side tonight as if it was a Chekatrade game and rested players.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:36 - Feb 11 with 1974 viewsdownunder

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 15:14 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Obsessed with kits. You all are.

Don’t get it, why does it matter?

If we are, it could become known as the 50 shades of grey kit. A thrashing, not a free hit.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:36 - Feb 11 with 1966 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:34 - Feb 11 by KenBoon

They’re not top of the league for a reason but we’re making them look like world beaters. We were told is how they’d play and still do this. It’s brainless. The manager is hampered by a lack of options but he had at least two more up front. The CBA attitude from some of the players tonight is unacceptable.

We can make any team look like world beaters by shite tactics,wrong player starting and this ridiculous obsession with pissing about with the ball at the back, any team with an ounce of pace will walk all over us
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:36 - Feb 11 with 1963 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:34 - Feb 11 by KenBoon

It's not all the players fault. The team selection and tactics have been absolutely shambolic again from BBM, so he must shoulder most of the blame.
Anyone (apart from Mass Debater) could see that we were set up all wrong.

If anyone needs a rocket at half time, it's the Manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024