Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale 21:34 - Feb 10 with 25421 viewsChaffRAFC

Some info from Sunderland:

Fanzone

We have a fanzone in the Beacon of Light for this game. Dale fans are welcome. Do you know any fans that are attending the game that would be interested in doing an interview with us to provide a review of your season so far? If so please can you ask if we can have their contact details to call them in advance?

Local Pubs

Near the ground - Colliery Tavern, Hilton Hotel. Our fanzone is open for all fans too located outside the East Stand of the Stadium of Light

City Centre - I would recommend The Peacock, The Engine Room, Revolution, Greens, Victors

Car Parking

We have six parking bays available for your supporters that require disabled parking. Please ask your supporters to call 0191 551 5004 to enquire about these.

For all other supporters I would recommend St Mary's car park (postcode SR1 3AH). A few other car parks are recommended in the stadium guide link above.

Coaches

Your coaches will be allowed to park right outside the visitors turnstiles at the stadium. The coaches can then park up right next to the ground (stewards will direct them). The coaches will be allowed to return outside the turnstiles to collect ten minutes before full time.

There is great access to the ground so there shouldn't be any issue and it will be a short distance for all your supporters. Do you know how many coaches are coming?

Travel Issues

There should be no issues on the road for this one.

For your fans that might be getting the train to Newcastle to get to Sunderland, they will be using the metro to get to the ground. I would recommend that they get off at St Peter’s Metro station as that is the one nearest to the ground on arrival. They will have to use the Stadium of Light metro to return to Newcastle though (slightly confusing I know).

Drums & Flags

Unfortunately we don’t allow drums but if your fans want to bring flags our stewards will help them to put them on display on arrival. If any fans are bringing a surfer please let me know.

Lift Access for disabled and elderly supporters

As our away end is in the upper tier your supporters can use the lift in the Black Cats Bar. This is for fans that struggle with stairs otherwise the fastest way to get up is using the stairs.

https://m.facebook.com/1540437926195101/photos/a.1620924081479818/25180809850974

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:32 - Feb 11 with 2013 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:30 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

Home/away counts Fitz. As does context of where we are in a season. And it's been a tough season (again yes). Crappy to lose without a fight but it happens.

Right, so you agree with me then?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:35 - Feb 11 with 1991 viewsboromat

Hard to watch tonight. They bullied us in the first half and put us under pressure. The tactics they openly advertised to the press before the game worked and we gifted them 3 goals. Not through individual skill by the opposition but by ourselves not dealing with the pressure. Why our tactics weren't tweaked as the away team knowing what their plan was is hard to understand.

Second half was a none event they let us pass it about at the back.

Not the end of the world as we're not expected to win away at Sunderland but it's the performance that's frustrating.

Matty Lund hasn't adjusted to the pace of League One yet and looks like a passenger, not sure how he stayed on the pitch, hopefully he'll catch up quickly. Really missed Rathbone. Luke was quiet. Hendo was poor. Only Matty Done for me came out with any real credit, never stopped running and harassing even without any service he tracked back to win the ball in midfield as well, and winning the ball in midfield was rare tonight.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:35 - Feb 11 with 1989 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:21 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

I'm not frustrated at beating Shrewsbury, drawing with Doncaster and losing to Sunderland. The 3 results probably sum up where we are at - inconsistent but still in lge 1.

Quite.

Which is why until everyone looks at more than results, inconsistency will become the norm. It’s got nothing to do with the win, the draw or the defeat. But it’s removing the acceptance of all to ensure we know exactly what’s going on.

A convincing case win against Tranmere will change the total atmosphere at the forum. But it shouldn’t. Not should a defeat. We’re all to blame here. Small every day deeds keep the darkness at bay.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:38 - Feb 11 with 1968 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:26 - Feb 11 by D_Alien

The performances in the first halves of each of those games were unacceptable for a team with any ambition to remain in L1

We simply can't afford to only turn up for second halves, even if occasionally that ends up with a result. In the longer term, it's unsustainable

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:27]

It'll always be firefighting in one way or another. In the long term RAFC should be unsustainable. But no - Crede Signo!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:43 - Feb 11 with 1930 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:22 - Feb 11 by fitzochris

Did you watch us tonight? If you did, you will surely acknowledge it was our performance and the set up that beat us, rather than the opposition.

As has rightly been pointed out, we lost at Spotland but no complaints here because we gave it a go and that’s when you hold your hands up and say the opposition were better.

Yes and we were beaten by the better team.
Why can't we accept that and instead of the vitriol learn from these experiences.
Fully aware you despise me and sorry about that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:44 - Feb 11 with 1920 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:35 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Quite.

Which is why until everyone looks at more than results, inconsistency will become the norm. It’s got nothing to do with the win, the draw or the defeat. But it’s removing the acceptance of all to ensure we know exactly what’s going on.

A convincing case win against Tranmere will change the total atmosphere at the forum. But it shouldn’t. Not should a defeat. We’re all to blame here. Small every day deeds keep the darkness at bay.

Is that how the "see more be more" malarkey works... too profound for me how about if it looks like shite it probably is.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:50 - Feb 11 with 1873 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:35 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Quite.

Amen to that sir. Bigger picture!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:51 - Feb 11 with 1861 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:43 - Feb 11 by James1980

Why can't we accept that and instead of the vitriol learn from these experiences.

How can I despise somebody I’ve never met? Is this a defence mechanism if somebody disagrees with you?

Where’s the vitriol away from the usual suspects?

Most who watched the game are passing comment on something they have seen that has been a frustrating theme for this season. In my opinion, it is something that has put us on the back foot from the first whistle far too often and probably cost us enough points that in any other season would see us in deep shit.

Nobody expected us to win tonight, but as TVOS pointed out to you on another thread, you can’t go into games with that kind of defeatist mentality or what’s the fookin’ point of competitive sport?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:52 - Feb 11 with 1848 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:38 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

It'll always be firefighting in one way or another. In the long term RAFC should be unsustainable. But no - Crede Signo!

I know what are circumstances are, and have done since 1965

Platitudes aren't helpful

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 1853 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:44 - Feb 11 by kiwidale

Is that how the "see more be more" malarkey works... too profound for me how about if it looks like shite it probably is.

Get with the love dude - ;). C'mon, lost a game...
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 1831 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:43 - Feb 11 by James1980

Never have a problem with being beaten by a better more expensive team. Just have a problem with seeing you team being set up to fail. Being beaten having tried your best is fine for me. But that was as bad as it has been since Eyre from players that we know are better. Nobody deserves any credit for that tonight.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:03 - Feb 11 with 1784 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:56 - Feb 11 by Dalenet

Never have a problem with being beaten by a better more expensive team. Just have a problem with seeing you team being set up to fail. Being beaten having tried your best is fine for me. But that was as bad as it has been since Eyre from players that we know are better. Nobody deserves any credit for that tonight.

Well put. Then again, if we all had the secret...
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:10 - Feb 11 with 1746 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:03 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

sounds very esoteric is this more of "see more be more" I think I'm getting into it.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:11]

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:14 - Feb 11 with 1715 viewsShun

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:31 - Feb 11 by fitzochris

Absolutely. Next season there are four relegation places back up for grabs and we will certainly fill one of them if we carry on in the manner you describe.

Lots to think about and discuss as always.

I think we’re effectively safe this season, but next season, as you say, unless something changes drastically then we’re bottom 4 material.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:15 - Feb 11 with 1713 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:03 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

There is no secret

Best stick to recipes for soup

Credimus In Pulmenti

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:17 - Feb 11 with 1707 viewsKhanTheSoup

Next year in L1, yes I think we'll be there, is gonna be tougher than ever. Enjoy it lads, c'mon!!! Four decades in the basement before that and lots of fellow travellers have hit the dust.

I have zero idea if BBM REALLY knows what he is doing, or Bottomly for that matter. Neither do you. Let's keep our peepers open, do what we can and enjoy the ride! UP THE DALE!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:24 - Feb 11 with 1684 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:15 - Feb 11 by D_Alien

There is no secret

Best stick to recipes for soup

Credimus In Pulmenti

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:16]

Ut non optimum pulmenti

You know how to make a team play sir?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:27 - Feb 11 with 1658 viewsShun

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:17 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

Next year in L1, yes I think we'll be there, is gonna be tougher than ever. Enjoy it lads, c'mon!!! Four decades in the basement before that and lots of fellow travellers have hit the dust.

I have zero idea if BBM REALLY knows what he is doing, or Bottomly for that matter. Neither do you. Let's keep our peepers open, do what we can and enjoy the ride! UP THE DALE!

I admire your positivity (and resilience!), but that’s just it, enjoy the ride.

There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this ride. The novelty factor of being in League One and playing teams like Sunderland and Coventry wore off a few years ago, so even that’s not enjoyable.

The football, while it being commendable to a point, is in the main boring to watch. The results, terrible. The insistency of sticking to the same plan no matter how many times it fails, just pitiful.

In the past 3 seasons, league and cup, I can probably count on two hands the amount of games I’ve walked away thinking, ‘I enjoyed that!’
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:32 - Feb 11 with 1652 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:27 - Feb 11 by Shun

I admire your positivity (and resilience!), but that’s just it, enjoy the ride.

There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this ride. The novelty factor of being in League One and playing teams like Sunderland and Coventry wore off a few years ago, so even that’s not enjoyable.

The football, while it being commendable to a point, is in the main boring to watch. The results, terrible. The insistency of sticking to the same plan no matter how many times it fails, just pitiful.

In the past 3 seasons, league and cup, I can probably count on two hands the amount of games I’ve walked away thinking, ‘I enjoyed that!’

Do something else then fella!! Seriously! For your health. Google stuff on the interweb - Saturday aftenoons are WIDE open.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:36 - Feb 11 with 1639 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:24 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

Ut non optimum pulmenti

You know how to make a team play sir?

Welcome to the board Khan an impressive debut, anybody that gets D_A to get his thesaurus out early and down vote you is very welcome.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:41 - Feb 11 with 1632 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:32 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

Do something else then fella!! Seriously! For your health. Google stuff on the interweb - Saturday aftenoons are WIDE open.

Goddamit Shun, you're right! We're all being taken for that ride. Football is freaking tedious, esp. as all we talk about is money, cost of players, wages of managers, contracts, real estate and all that. The Prem is awful, CL the same, L1 just a minor cousin and the patronising media coverage like eating your own knees. Why the hell do we bother?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:44 - Feb 11 with 1627 viewsKhanTheSoup

Women's football?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 00:07 - Feb 12 with 1570 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:32 - Feb 11 by fitzochris

Right, so you agree with me then?

No. No, I don't. I think you draw parallels, as if it were an academic drawing, between one essentially unknowable and another. Sport not like that.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 00:11 - Feb 12 with 1542 viewsShun

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:32 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

I have done! And that’s exactly my point, it’s so easy to choose something else over Dale these days and I imagine hundreds of people will be in the same mind as me.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 00:20 - Feb 12 with 1523 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 00:07 - Feb 12 by KhanTheSoup

No. No, I don't. I think you draw parallels, as if it were an academic drawing, between one essentially unknowable and another. Sport not like that.

multo magis potest videre was never more applicable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024