Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale 21:34 - Feb 10 with 25424 viewsChaffRAFC

Some info from Sunderland:

Fanzone

We have a fanzone in the Beacon of Light for this game. Dale fans are welcome. Do you know any fans that are attending the game that would be interested in doing an interview with us to provide a review of your season so far? If so please can you ask if we can have their contact details to call them in advance?

Local Pubs

Near the ground - Colliery Tavern, Hilton Hotel. Our fanzone is open for all fans too located outside the East Stand of the Stadium of Light

City Centre - I would recommend The Peacock, The Engine Room, Revolution, Greens, Victors

Car Parking

We have six parking bays available for your supporters that require disabled parking. Please ask your supporters to call 0191 551 5004 to enquire about these.

For all other supporters I would recommend St Mary's car park (postcode SR1 3AH). A few other car parks are recommended in the stadium guide link above.

Coaches

Your coaches will be allowed to park right outside the visitors turnstiles at the stadium. The coaches can then park up right next to the ground (stewards will direct them). The coaches will be allowed to return outside the turnstiles to collect ten minutes before full time.

There is great access to the ground so there shouldn't be any issue and it will be a short distance for all your supporters. Do you know how many coaches are coming?

Travel Issues

There should be no issues on the road for this one.

For your fans that might be getting the train to Newcastle to get to Sunderland, they will be using the metro to get to the ground. I would recommend that they get off at St Peter’s Metro station as that is the one nearest to the ground on arrival. They will have to use the Stadium of Light metro to return to Newcastle though (slightly confusing I know).

Drums & Flags

Unfortunately we don’t allow drums but if your fans want to bring flags our stewards will help them to put them on display on arrival. If any fans are bringing a surfer please let me know.

Lift Access for disabled and elderly supporters

As our away end is in the upper tier your supporters can use the lift in the Black Cats Bar. This is for fans that struggle with stairs otherwise the fastest way to get up is using the stairs.

https://m.facebook.com/1540437926195101/photos/a.1620924081479818/25180809850974

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 2393 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:26 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

I've got used to poor performances down the years.

Me too, doesn’t mean I can’t moan about it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:32 - Feb 11 with 2354 viewsbeat_the_bishop

One shot. One million back passes. Not one person can walk off the pitch saying they put up a fight tonight. But BBM is a nice man at least.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:45 - Feb 11 with 2119 viewsmightydale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:32 - Feb 11 by beat_the_bishop

One shot. One million back passes. Not one person can walk off the pitch saying they put up a fight tonight. But BBM is a nice man at least.

Clueless but nice.

His tactics are on par with steve errrrrrrrrrrrrr

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:47 - Feb 11 with 2096 views442Dale

See more. Be more.

It’s the 2020 version of ‘they know’.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 2045 viewsNinco

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:07 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

They are pretty much unbeatable at home - 1 defeat all season. I expected nothing tonight so not too disheartened. Saturday is far far more important.

Yeah, but even against decent sides where we don't expect to win, they are still in the entertainment business, so they can at least try and put on a show for us. It was so dire to watch.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 2046 viewsdownunder

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:47 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

See more. Be more.

It’s the 2020 version of ‘they know’.

On the bright side, not too much damage from the other results. And I cannot find bury's result either.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:50 - Feb 11 with 2027 viewsJames1980

I bet if Liverpool or Barcelona beat us it would be because we were rubbish and not because the opposition were just the better team. Why do we struggle to just say the opponents were better and persist on this flamin arrogance that we lost and not that the other team won.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 1977 viewsrochdaleriddler

Listened to radio Newcastle’s commentary, whilst watching. Much better than radio Bolton . No over excited screeching, no super john stuff. No over the top bias. They obviously not too familiar with Rochdale though, they assumed Hendo was to be replaced by Wilbraham , probably cause he was so ineffective.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:55 - Feb 11 with 1954 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:50 - Feb 11 by James1980

I bet if Liverpool or Barcelona beat us it would be because we were rubbish and not because the opposition were just the better team. Why do we struggle to just say the opponents were better and persist on this flamin arrogance that we lost and not that the other team won.

It's not arrogance to expect a more professional attempt at not losing

When you've watched Dale for a few more decades, you'll see more. You'll be more

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:56 - Feb 11 with 1934 viewsrochdaleriddler

We were beaten by our tactics

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:02 - Feb 11 with 1869 viewsborntogo

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:48 - Feb 11 by Mass_Debater

Point out where I disagreed.

He did the same with Hill. Obviously an agenda at play.

Yeah, there's an agenda - I come on here and criticise our manager and players, whoever they be, when I think they're getting it wrong. As they did tonight. I thought all (normal) fans did this.

It's really under-hand to suggest I have other motives. Please PM me and enlighten me as to why you think this is.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1847 viewsJames1980

Sorry I spoke out of turn, must remember to sit on my hands.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 1830 viewsKhanTheSoup

Second half clean sheet. Tranmere didn't win. Pretty unlikely to go down. All in all lads.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:07 - Feb 11 with 1814 viewskiwidale

James what has arrogance got to do with it? Nobody has bemoaned the loss quite the opposite nobody has said Sunderland are not the better team the complaints are directed at an abysmal performance by players and management.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:09 - Feb 11 with 1799 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:05 - Feb 11 by James1980

Sorry I spoke out of turn, must remember to sit on my hands.

Not at all, James. There is a bigger issue here, it really isn’t about results or games on standalone basis.

It’s because we are all unsure. It’s because some see no further than a win or a defeat. It because those who realise this know they can utilise it. It’s because we are in a state of flux.

Be more. When we are told, see more.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:10 - Feb 11 with 1781 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:56 - Feb 11 by rochdaleriddler

We were beaten by our tactics

Maybe so - we played superb against them at Spotland and still lost!
Shrewsbury h, Doncaster a, Sunderland a, Tranmere h - we could end up with 7 points from these games! Yes it sounds like no one turned up tonight but in reality it was never a game we should be expecting anything from - beating Tranmere is the main task this week.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:14 - Feb 11 with 1750 views442Dale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:10 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

Maybe so - we played superb against them at Spotland and still lost!
Shrewsbury h, Doncaster a, Sunderland a, Tranmere h - we could end up with 7 points from these games! Yes it sounds like no one turned up tonight but in reality it was never a game we should be expecting anything from - beating Tranmere is the main task this week.

The issue is that if we do, all is right with the world.

The frustration is the reality.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:17 - Feb 11 with 1711 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:14 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

What have you been reading? ;)
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:19 - Feb 11 with 1677 viewskiwidale

what's Bazzinga doing these days? cant be far off.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:20]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:21 - Feb 11 with 1665 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:14 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

I'm not frustrated at beating Shrewsbury, drawing with Doncaster and losing to Sunderland. The 3 results probably sum up where we are at - inconsistent but still in lge 1.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:22 - Feb 11 with 1662 viewsfitzochris

Did you watch us tonight? If you did, you will surely acknowledge it was our performance and the set up that beat us, rather than the opposition.

As has rightly been pointed out, we lost at Spotland but no complaints here because we gave it a go and that’s when you hold your hands up and say the opposition were better.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 1641 viewsKhanTheSoup

For tonight, it's just a bit of a battering at a big club. Not a biggie.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 1611 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:21 - Feb 11 by dingdangblue

I'm not frustrated at beating Shrewsbury, drawing with Doncaster and losing to Sunderland. The 3 results probably sum up where we are at - inconsistent but still in lge 1.

The performances in the first halves of each of those games were unacceptable for a team with any ambition to remain in L1

We simply can't afford to only turn up for second halves, even if occasionally that ends up with a result. In the longer term, it's unsustainable

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:30 - Feb 11 with 1577 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:22 - Feb 11 by fitzochris

Did you watch us tonight? If you did, you will surely acknowledge it was our performance and the set up that beat us, rather than the opposition.

As has rightly been pointed out, we lost at Spotland but no complaints here because we gave it a go and that’s when you hold your hands up and say the opposition were better.

Home/away counts Fitz. As does context of where we are in a season. And it's been a tough season (again yes). Crappy to lose without a fight but it happens.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 1559 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:26 - Feb 11 by D_Alien

The performances in the first halves of each of those games were unacceptable for a team with any ambition to remain in L1

We simply can't afford to only turn up for second halves, even if occasionally that ends up with a result. In the longer term, it's unsustainable

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:27]

Absolutely. Next season there are four relegation places back up for grabs and we will certainly fill one of them if we carry on in the manner you describe.

Lots to think about and discuss as always.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024