Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale 21:34 - Feb 10 with 25414 viewsChaffRAFC

Some info from Sunderland:

Fanzone

We have a fanzone in the Beacon of Light for this game. Dale fans are welcome. Do you know any fans that are attending the game that would be interested in doing an interview with us to provide a review of your season so far? If so please can you ask if we can have their contact details to call them in advance?

Local Pubs

Near the ground - Colliery Tavern, Hilton Hotel. Our fanzone is open for all fans too located outside the East Stand of the Stadium of Light

City Centre - I would recommend The Peacock, The Engine Room, Revolution, Greens, Victors

Car Parking

We have six parking bays available for your supporters that require disabled parking. Please ask your supporters to call 0191 551 5004 to enquire about these.

For all other supporters I would recommend St Mary's car park (postcode SR1 3AH). A few other car parks are recommended in the stadium guide link above.

Coaches

Your coaches will be allowed to park right outside the visitors turnstiles at the stadium. The coaches can then park up right next to the ground (stewards will direct them). The coaches will be allowed to return outside the turnstiles to collect ten minutes before full time.

There is great access to the ground so there shouldn't be any issue and it will be a short distance for all your supporters. Do you know how many coaches are coming?

Travel Issues

There should be no issues on the road for this one.

For your fans that might be getting the train to Newcastle to get to Sunderland, they will be using the metro to get to the ground. I would recommend that they get off at St Peter’s Metro station as that is the one nearest to the ground on arrival. They will have to use the Stadium of Light metro to return to Newcastle though (slightly confusing I know).

Drums & Flags

Unfortunately we don’t allow drums but if your fans want to bring flags our stewards will help them to put them on display on arrival. If any fans are bringing a surfer please let me know.

Lift Access for disabled and elderly supporters

As our away end is in the upper tier your supporters can use the lift in the Black Cats Bar. This is for fans that struggle with stairs otherwise the fastest way to get up is using the stairs.

https://m.facebook.com/1540437926195101/photos/a.1620924081479818/25180809850974

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 1890 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:35 - Feb 12 by fitzochris

Ah apathy. Acceptance of all.

Now, where have I seen an example of that recently?

Dunno. Where have you?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 1882 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:13 - Feb 12 by D_Alien

I too support BBM and i'm a long way from calling for his head

Nor is it about going down 3-0 away to clubs with much greater prospect of moving back up not just to the Championship, but higher still

But there is something just plain wrong about the way we're starting games. I support playing football on the ground (apart from when a long lofted ball would set up an instant chance or clear our lines under severe pressure), and BBM's way of establishing his credentials seems to be to gradually - when the opportunity allows - improve the quality of player we have in order to play that type of game

McShane, O'Connell, Ryan, RND, Sanchez, McLaughlin - when they're fit, are all examples of BBM putting that into practise

It's obviously not just about that though. There has to be strength of motivation and it seems to me that whilst the players are willing to play for him, he's not yet able to transmit the kind of impetus into our play from the first minute that's required to compete consistently against better teams, or should i say teams with greater resources. That's what Hill put in place right from the word go, until the latter stages

As i said earlier in the thread, we simply cannot continue not turning up at the start of games. So it's not just a moan about a loss on a crap Tuesday night - god knows we're inured against that at Dale from long experience - but a current failing that needs addressing if we're to maintain our status in L1. No fatigue about that here, although i get your point about it

[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:20]

Why do you think we are almost always crap in night games? It is like the players are afraid of the dark

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1870 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:45 - Feb 12 by rochdaleriddler

Why do you think we are almost always crap in night games? It is like the players are afraid of the dark

These are the subjects!! I love you Riddler!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1869 viewskiwidale

If Falinge Parka is Khan Khan? it wouldn't surprise me he is Offenbach.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:53]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 1844 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:45 - Feb 12 by rochdaleriddler

I don't think we are, we've done well in some of them; OT away for instance, and MK Dons at home was possibly our best display with attacking intent throughout

I'd say we're more afraid of crossing the touchline at the minute, then settle once the game needs to be rescued, unless it's too late like last night

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:56 - Feb 12 with 1845 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:42 - Feb 12 by KhanTheSoup

Dunno. Where have you?

Down the road, perhaps. Not sure, there was a club there once.

As for your ‘not random’ protestations, and to prevent you from tying yourself in a tighter knot, I was replying to the below comment, something you used to reply to my post about performances in defeat and the way we have put ourselves on the back foot from the first whistle for a lot of this season.

“No. No, I don't. I think you draw parallels, as if it were an academic drawing, between one essentially unknowable and another. Sport not like that.”

You are certainly suggesting analysis is futile because everything in sport is random.

I have countered that it isn’t, and the fact that structures exist at every club beyond the playing staff suggest there is at least some method needed to influence the outcome of a football match.

You backtracked on that and then resorted to the good old “don’t watch then” mantra.

Nowt more to say to you beyond that, really.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:59 - Feb 12 with 1832 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:48 - Feb 12 by kiwidale

If Falinge Parka is Khan Khan? it wouldn't surprise me he is Offenbach.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:53]

You're a dream Kiwi. I love you.

Fitz et al, c'mon lads, c'mon, football is an escape, or was. A daft way to earn a living and and more so to talk about. Wake up!! The Prem has gone, but there is fun in this yet ffs!
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 1786 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:59 - Feb 12 by KhanTheSoup

You're a dream Kiwi. I love you.

Fitz et al, c'mon lads, c'mon, football is an escape, or was. A daft way to earn a living and and more so to talk about. Wake up!! The Prem has gone, but there is fun in this yet ffs!

Some of my best work is on this thread and I'm getting no credit for it, it's been hijacked by Fitz being serious.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 11:26 - Feb 12 with 1757 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 11:09 - Feb 12 by kiwidale

Some of my best work is on this thread and I'm getting no credit for it, it's been hijacked by Fitz being serious.

Bingo! 12000 miles away and gets it.

Put any money we have in the pitch. Make it the best. Then the stands. I'm such a sucker for wanting the town to look nice. The Matheson story we can do again and again given the will.

Yeah, whatever, we will stay up this year, and in other years we might well have gone down, and straight to non-league. Let's grasp the opportunity.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 11:46 - Feb 12 with 1710 viewsKhanTheSoup

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:56 - Feb 12 by fitzochris

Down the road, perhaps. Not sure, there was a club there once.

As for your ‘not random’ protestations, and to prevent you from tying yourself in a tighter knot, I was replying to the below comment, something you used to reply to my post about performances in defeat and the way we have put ourselves on the back foot from the first whistle for a lot of this season.

“No. No, I don't. I think you draw parallels, as if it were an academic drawing, between one essentially unknowable and another. Sport not like that.”

You are certainly suggesting analysis is futile because everything in sport is random.

I have countered that it isn’t, and the fact that structures exist at every club beyond the playing staff suggest there is at least some method needed to influence the outcome of a football match.

You backtracked on that and then resorted to the good old “don’t watch then” mantra.

Nowt more to say to you beyond that, really.

I wanna hug you fella. Any knot can be loosened.

Have watched football all my life and really, you got the wrong end of the stick. You really have. It's not like you say it is. I mean really. We can all not be in the profession we should be and you are one. C'mon, try something else.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 18:35 - Feb 12 with 1394 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 10:27 - Feb 12 by AtThePeake

Dreadful display last night. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise really. But as jonawhereru pointed out a few posts ago, there's so much more activity on here after a dreadful display than an impressive one and as far as I can see there's definitely some fans on here that seem very active on here when they have something to criticise but are nowhere to be seen when there's something to praise. It makes that criticism appear disingenuous and is perhaps where some of the frustration lies among other fans and forum users.

I'm aware that I'm probably in danger of going too far the other way and only posting to praise (the manager at least) rather than criticise in order to subconsciously try and redress the balance.

This.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:38 - Feb 12 with 1306 viewskel

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 23:32 - Feb 11 by KhanTheSoup

Do something else then fella!! Seriously! For your health. Google stuff on the interweb - Saturday aftenoons are WIDE open.

Hmm. Seem to remember you under your Falinge username having a pop at me for suggesting I might spend one Saturday afternoon doing something else other than watch Dale. Make your mind up...

...fella
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 20:53 - Feb 12 with 1271 viewsJames1980

Sorry for stating the obvious but there will be times when an inexperienced manager is tactically out manoeuvred. I suppose the concern is Parkinson said how his team were going to play. Did Brian think he was bluffing, does he not want to deviate from the 'process' even if it ends up with a result like the one on Tuesday.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:32 - Feb 12 with 1214 viewskiwidale

I could be wrong It may well be that Khan is Falinge Parka time will tell. I'm not so sure I have another ex poster in mind the next lodge meeting will reveal all.

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:24 - Feb 12 with 1171 viewskel

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 21:32 - Feb 12 by kiwidale

I could be wrong It may well be that Khan is Falinge Parka time will tell. I'm not so sure I have another ex poster in mind the next lodge meeting will reveal all.

Do you ever get bored with all this clique shite you come out with you dull fu­ck ?
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:33 - Feb 12 with 1145 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:24 - Feb 12 by kel

Do you ever get bored with all this clique shite you come out with you dull fu­ck ?

you are right it is shite but as long as people bite. when are you going to stop bearing grudges over things said weeks and months ago?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 22:34]

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:38 - Feb 12 with 1134 viewskel

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:33 - Feb 12 by kiwidale

you are right it is shite but as long as people bite. when are you going to stop bearing grudges over things said weeks and months ago?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 22:34]

Is 2132 tonight (uk time) classed as weeks and months ago now?

You’re in your 70’s, lad. Soz for not getting your BANTS.
Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:44 - Feb 12 with 1111 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Sunderland v Dale on 22:38 - Feb 12 by kel

Is 2132 tonight (uk time) classed as weeks and months ago now?

You’re in your 70’s, lad. Soz for not getting your BANTS.

I'm woke and diverse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024