Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ref 16:00 - Sep 30 with 6635 viewspaulhoop2

Due to a previous thread ( lee mason ) I have been thinking Of the worst ever referee I have seen live for me I have a unforgettable top 3 - Rob Styles , Andy Hall and Clives favourite Trevor Kettle ! Anyone else got a memorable ref ? On the flip side who was the best referee you have seen live involving rangers for me it’s Mark Clatenburgs play off semi against Wigan performance let the game flow really well etc also for me another 2 were Dermott Gallagher and Howard Webb

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst Ref on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 1639 viewsCamberleyR

Surprised nobody's mentioned Clive 'Trained with Spurs' White yet. Later convicted of deception and forced to resign from the league list. Dodgy as fűck.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 17:46]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Worst Ref on 17:51 - Sep 30 with 1628 viewsessextaxiboy

Worst Ref on 17:41 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

I'd like to put a vote in for Andy Hall. If you were at QPR 0 Crewe 0 in our play off final season in 2003, you'll know what I mean.

The following week we had paul durkin, who was superb.

Absolutely, Dario Gradi the Grandfather of lower league football , credited with nurturing young talent sent his team out wiith no more tactics than the dark arts , and Hall duly obliged and sent 2 of our players off .
Worst Ref (n/t) on 17:55 - Sep 30 with 1620 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 17:45 - Sep 30 by CamberleyR

Surprised nobody's mentioned Clive 'Trained with Spurs' White yet. Later convicted of deception and forced to resign from the league list. Dodgy as fűck.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:17]
Worst Ref on 18:00 - Sep 30 with 1612 viewsCamberleyR

Worst Ref (n/t) on 17:55 - Sep 30 by W7Ranger

[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:17]

Think you meant to quote ETB there mate! White was the ref in the Cup Final.

Worst Ref on 18:14 - Sep 30 with 1591 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst Ref on 17:51 - Sep 30 by essextaxiboy

Absolutely, Dario Gradi the Grandfather of lower league football , credited with nurturing young talent sent his team out wiith no more tactics than the dark arts , and Hall duly obliged and sent 2 of our players off .

yes, he is often credited with nurturing young talent isn't he?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 18:15]

Bare bones.

Worst Ref on 18:56 - Sep 30 with 1549 viewshamptonhillhoop

Both mine have been mentioned numerous times, which says it all. Hall in that Crewe game had me absolutely apoplectic.
For the Gurnam Singh game I was actually in the Spurs end, so couldn't even say anything about it. To their credit, they realised how absolutely diabolical he was.
An honourable mention for Keith Stroud, who for some reason always reminds me of Steve Coppell's less talented little brother
Worst Ref on 19:04 - Sep 30 with 1546 viewsterryb

Worst Ref on 17:45 - Sep 30 by CamberleyR

No argument from me on your selection. I think the FA Cup Final & replay were the only times he was our referee.

Another one who seemed to stuff us all the time was Roger Milford. in the late '90's i worked with a Premier League linesman who regarded Milford as the best in the country, but he did admit to being surprised when Milford ignored his flag whenever he waved it in favour of Rangers!
Worst Ref on 19:13 - Sep 30 with 1537 viewsSuperhoop83

Worst Ref on 16:07 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Gurnham Singh - the single-worst reffing display I've ever seen.

We lost either 1-2 or 1-3. He sent off Macca, and got 98.97% of the decisions wrong. Approximately.

The POTY do was that night and players and fans were fuming for the first hour or so. Then Stan sauntered in with a beautiful woman on each arm, and we forgot our woes.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6i0dw5

I was at this match and I have never left the ground as angry - I wasn't at the Man United game in 1996!

These highlights don't do justice to the occasion, although they are a reminder that we have never been great at defending, whatever we may remember about Macca, Wilson and co.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ref on 19:53 - Sep 30 with 1518 viewsMrSheen

Like many others, I'm torn between...

Gurnham Singh - single worst performance, but at least he made himself scarce afterwards. According to this, it was his last top division game (of 3!)
https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/gurnam-singh/1/1/
though he reffed a Division 2 play-off and even managed to persuade a court he'd been wrongfully dismissed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1693969.stm

Rob Styles - unbeatable combination of preening arrogance, mystifying longevity and total incompetence.
https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/rob-styles/
Worst Ref on 20:48 - Sep 30 with 1471 viewsqpr_1968

the worst ref is VAR. fact.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Worst Ref on 20:49 - Sep 30 with 1468 viewsR_from_afar

I am *not* saying they are a poor ref, but as we speak, a female official is reffing the German Super Cup.

It's Bayern v Dortmund and it's currently 2-2.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst Ref on 21:49 - Sep 30 with 1440 viewsderbyhoop

Ypu always remember the bad refs because they ruin the game as a spectacle, e.g. Gurnham Singh, Rob Styles, Andy Hall, Keith Stroud.
You never really notice the good ones

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Worst Ref on 23:25 - Sep 30 with 1388 viewsCamberleyR

Worst Ref on 19:13 - Sep 30 by Superhoop83

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6i0dw5

I was at this match and I have never left the ground as angry - I wasn't at the Man United game in 1996!

These highlights don't do justice to the occasion, although they are a reminder that we have never been great at defending, whatever we may remember about Macca, Wilson and co.

"I was at this match and I have never left the ground as angry - I wasn't at the Man United game in 1996!"

Yes, the never forgotten Robbie Hart.

Worst Ref on 23:31 - Sep 30 with 1380 viewsLoftgirl

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 by Maggsinho

Gurnham Singh in that Spurs game in the early nineties.

I was there for that. I don't normally remember the ref at any particular game, good or bad, but I can't forget this clown.
Worst Ref on 23:38 - Sep 30 with 1364 viewsqprxtc

Gurnham Singh. F ucking arse bag.

Then years later at Norwich, who was that little fu cker who spat at us but Gurnham just laughed?
Worst Ref on 00:35 - Oct 1 with 1355 viewshateley_legend

Worst Ref on 23:25 - Sep 30 by CamberleyR

"I was at this match and I have never left the ground as angry - I wasn't at the Man United game in 1996!"

Yes, the never forgotten Robbie Hart.

Can’t believe we’ve got this far down the thread before Robbie Hart’s name is mentioned.

The amount of injury time added to the second half of that game was corrupt - there is simply no other word for it. I probably need to be a bit careful what I say here - so let’s just say that if it ever came out in the future that Hart had been paid to ensure United went away without losing that day, I would not be in the least bit surprised. That’s how strongly I feel about that game.
Worst Ref on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 1281 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 17:51 - Sep 30 by essextaxiboy

Remember that game clearly. Totally destroyed our chances of Automatic promotion with Hall's performance combined with Gradi shockingly poor gamesmanship.

Birch and Palmer were superb in the middle for us that day helping us secure the point we needed to guarantee the play offs.
Worst Ref on 10:17 - Oct 1 with 1278 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 18:00 - Sep 30 by CamberleyR

Think you meant to quote ETB there mate! White was the ref in the Cup Final.

I did. Apologies
Worst Ref on 11:36 - Oct 1 with 1244 viewsRs_Holy

Worst Ref on 17:41 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

I'd like to put a vote in for Andy Hall. If you were at QPR 0 Crewe 0 in our play off final season in 2003, you'll know what I mean.

The following week we had paul durkin, who was superb.

this is the worst one i've seen too.... He sent off 2 QPR players for nowt and it threatened to turn really ugly as the crowd was so incensed.
Worst Ref on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 1242 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst Ref on 00:35 - Oct 1 by hateley_legend

Can’t believe we’ve got this far down the thread before Robbie Hart’s name is mentioned.

The amount of injury time added to the second half of that game was corrupt - there is simply no other word for it. I probably need to be a bit careful what I say here - so let’s just say that if it ever came out in the future that Hart had been paid to ensure United went away without losing that day, I would not be in the least bit surprised. That’s how strongly I feel about that game.

Genuinely, I don't ever remember seeing huim referee a game again. I wonder why?

Bare bones.

Worst Ref on 11:40 - Oct 1 with 1242 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Worst Ref on 16:27 - Sep 30 by TheChef

Was Gurnam Singh just that one game?

Rob Styles was consistently awful, so I would say he was the worst.

Rob Styles always struck me as a bloke who thought we’d all turned up to watch him!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Worst Ref on 11:47 - Oct 1 with 1235 viewsTheChef

Worst Ref on 11:36 - Oct 1 by Rs_Holy

this is the worst one i've seen too.... He sent off 2 QPR players for nowt and it threatened to turn really ugly as the crowd was so incensed.

Ah yes Andy Hall was consistently awful and he certainly helped create an atmosphere that day v Crewe...didn't Crewe win and seal promotion that day?

Yes I also remember Paul Durkin in that last game of the season at Colchester, different gravy. Funny how certain things stick in your head.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Worst Ref on 11:50 - Oct 1 with 1234 viewsMrSheen

Worst Ref on 11:38 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

Genuinely, I don't ever remember seeing huim referee a game again. I wonder why?

His last season.
https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/robert-hart/1/1/
He was 48 by then, so would have been put out to grass anyway.
Worst Ref on 12:54 - Oct 1 with 1211 viewsR_from_afar

I always thought Jon Moss tended to favour the Rs when reffing our games so he is in my good books.

For the play-off final against Cardiff, a friend managed to get me, him and two other Rs fans into a corporate box (legitimately, I make it sound like we abseiled in). After the final whistle, the four of us were distraught, but unfortunately for us, all the other occupants of the box were rooting for Cardiff. One of them was ex professional ref Keith Cooper and we got talking to him.

He was quite respectful when he could've had a massive gloat and indulged us a bit. I said: "Anyway, any ref could see their goal was offside". He raised his eyebrows as if to say: "That's absolute bollox," at which point I added: "Well, any *good* ref".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst Ref on 18:30 - Oct 1 with 1168 viewsdachiltern

Worst - Mr Singh.
Best - Gordon Hill
Arrogant fook wit - Lee Mason.
Manufactured fook wit - Lee Mason.
Not a clue fook wit - Lee Mason.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024