Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Kelman Again 10:21 - Oct 7 with 17010 viewsMaggsinho

Charlie Kelman from Southend still on according to WLS.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-keen-to-complete-striker-deal?utm_campai
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:22 - Oct 13 with 3650 viewsaston_hoop

Passed his medical this morning apparently so I suppose we'll see him announced soon. Spurs were in for him earlier in the year, he must have something about him at least

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:30 - Oct 13 with 3582 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:22 - Oct 13 by aston_hoop

Passed his medical this morning apparently so I suppose we'll see him announced soon. Spurs were in for him earlier in the year, he must have something about him at least

So he was destined to come here in any event then!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:37 - Oct 13 with 3521 viewsW7Ranger

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:18 - Oct 13 by CroydonCaptJack

How many eyebrows have you got?

Well there's certainly a few raised eyebrows here...

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:41 - Oct 13 with 3497 viewsflynnbo

Failed on the Roger Moore!!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 15:42]
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:45 - Oct 13 with 3462 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Charlie Kelman Again on 16:23 - Oct 13 with 3275 viewsflynnbo

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:45 - Oct 13 by Mick_S

Thanks!!
Charlie Kelman Again on 16:26 - Oct 13 with 3257 viewsflynnbo

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-kelman-deal-agreed
Charlie Kelman Again on 16:35 - Oct 13 with 3187 viewsBoston

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:45 - Oct 13 by Mick_S

Southampton donchaknow.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Kelman Again on 07:01 - Oct 14 with 2550 viewsdistortR

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:26 - Oct 13 by BklynRanger

Just got the one myself, more than enough

it's bonfire season in the garden so i always carry a spare pair in case my main ones get too close to the flames.
Last time that happened AND I didn't have back up's, I ended up drawing new ones on with a piece of charcoal and it looked pretty shit,to be honest.
Filled up the car after work and the pretty young girl behind the till sniggered at me, and I thought "Right, I'm never getting laughed at for want of a pair of eyebrows again".
If my experience helps just one person on here not make the same mistake as me, i'll feel like I've achieved something.
Charlie Kelman Again on 13:06 - Oct 14 with 2063 viewsBakes

OFFICIAL

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Charlie Kelman Again on 13:07 - Oct 14 with 2061 viewsflynnbo

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2020/october/kelman-completes-qpr-transfer

https://www.qpr.co.uk/
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 13:08]
Charlie Kelman Again on 13:16 - Oct 14 with 1970 viewsSimplyNico

Charlie Kelman Again on 13:07 - Oct 14 by flynnbo

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2020/october/kelman-completes-qpr-transfer

https://www.qpr.co.uk/
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 13:08]

Les's comments about the strikers we have at the moment are not great reading for Oteh.
Charlie Kelman Again on 13:53 - Oct 14 with 1748 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.
Welcome to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:22 - Oct 14 with 1624 viewsqprd

Charlie Kelman Again on 13:16 - Oct 14 by SimplyNico

Les's comments about the strikers we have at the moment are not great reading for Oteh.

I’m pretty sure Oteh knows he’s out of the picture....

Didn’t get much of a chance but didn’t take the limited opportunities he had.... clearly not rated by the manager
Charlie Kelman Again on 14:36 - Oct 14 with 1572 viewsbosh67

"He’s tasted a lot of men’s football already."

To be honest what he does in his own time is his own business.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:37 - Oct 14 with 1570 viewsCamberleyR

Not sure why we don't just loan him back to Southend for the rest of the season. He's played three of their five league games so far. Surely playing proper competitive games in L2 is better for his development than U23 games?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:40 - Oct 14 with 1547 viewsbosh67

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:37 - Oct 14 by CamberleyR

Not sure why we don't just loan him back to Southend for the rest of the season. He's played three of their five league games so far. Surely playing proper competitive games in L2 is better for his development than U23 games?

I have to agree or at least until Christmas. Seems better than playing U23s.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Kelman Again on 14:49 - Oct 14 with 1483 viewsNorthernr

I think the plan is to assess him over the next couple of months, few bench appearances and such like, then make a call about whether to loan him and where to in January.
Charlie Kelman Again on 14:53 - Oct 14 with 1458 viewsnix

Maybe they want to do a bit of work on his game first before sending him out on loan. It kind of makes sense that he knows what he needs to work on when he does go on loan. Also they may need to decide the best team for him to go on load to. Southend may not be the best fit. I have to say, the coaching team seem to have done a pretty good job recently in bringing on our young players. Those who haven't broken through could just not have either the talent or the application to make it in the Championship.

PS i crossposted with Clive in case it looks like I'm being embarrassingly sycophantic by agreeing with him.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 16:15]
Charlie Kelman Again on 14:55 - Oct 14 with 1436 viewsdannyblue

Report on Charlie from a Southend supporter (via an old mate).

"I like him. Very young, got a few goals in a terrible team. scored from well inside his own half on his professional debut so got technique and bottle. I think he was our top scorer last season at 17/18 years of age. Not much competition but no service, basically left up top alone to run channels and scrap and very occasionally see the ball. he's really not that type of player, he's a goal scorer"

This might explain Chris Ramsay saying he can be a target man despite him being 169cm.
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:19 - Oct 14 with 1350 viewsrsonist

A Rooneyish second striker is the impression social media gives. Also that the general situation at Southend had stagnated him somewhat so probably sending him back there not advisable.
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 1334 viewsNorthernr

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:19 - Oct 14 by rsonist

A Rooneyish second striker is the impression social media gives. Also that the general situation at Southend had stagnated him somewhat so probably sending him back there not advisable.

The two Southend fans I spoke to basically said the same thing "you've got to set his record against him playing alone up front for one of the worst teams that has ever played at football league level".
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:45 - Oct 14 with 1215 viewsCamberleyR

Fair enough, maybe sending him back there not the best option as I see they are already struggling at the foot of L2 after relegation last season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:48 - Oct 14 with 1198 viewsNorthernr

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:45 - Oct 14 by CamberleyR

Fair enough, maybe sending him back there not the best option as I see they are already struggling at the foot of L2 after relegation last season.

They've won 10 of their last 70 matches stretching back over two years.
Charlie Kelman Again on 15:51 - Oct 14 with 1173 viewsrsonist

Charlie Kelman Again on 15:21 - Oct 14 by Northernr

The two Southend fans I spoke to basically said the same thing "you've got to set his record against him playing alone up front for one of the worst teams that has ever played at football league level".

I'll be interested in reading what they say, if it's a signing interview. Stats Twitter nerds seem generally approving despite it being quite mysterious what they're basing it on - looks a case of good old fashioned eyeball scouting.

I wonder if Chris and Les speak much to David Pleat (who watched Kelman for Spurs when he made his breakthrough). Now they're carrying on like a big potatoes Euro superclub you'd imagine he may as well be better off working for us most of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024